Life Takes a Turn

Story Info
A night out for Steph and Angela leads to much more.
6.6k words
4.72
22.4k
47
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Life Takes a Turn

Here I was, wrapping up another project. I had poured myself into my job over the last year, to the detriment of my personal life. This latest effort had taken more than the usual. I'm ok putting in extra effort, but this one had consumed me as we worked to push out a massive update to our software. Yes, we'd been running sprints, but we had held back on releasing the overall epic for the last year until we had completed the massive rewrite and introduced all the new functionality that was needed by our customers. Finally, finally we had crossed the finish line. All the functionality was there, had been tested, had been beta'd and we had released to our customer base. That was 2 weeks ago and the positive feedback coming in from customers made it even better. We had delivered a solid home run.

Over the last couple of weeks, I had begun to relax and allow myself to unwind from the long days needed to finish everything - code changes, testing, more testing and code changes. Scripts to move everything into the various environments. Scripts to monitor and alert on all the new functionality placed in production. You would think that as the bulk of coding had been completed, that the remaining stuff would be a welcome break. Coding is just one stage in a whole litany of things we do to make sure nothing breaks in prod.

As luck would have it, tonight I have plans. One of the girls I used to hang around with in college moved to town this week, and we are getting together tonight. I hadn't seen Ang in a few years. After college, she went out East, and I had stayed in the Midwest. We had stayed in touch with each other thru texts and FaceTime occasionally, but that isn't the same as being together in person. I was looking forward to the time together tonight and of the fact that one of the girls was now in town. Angela was always one of my favorites and I was really looking forward to having her nearby.

I had actually taken the day off from work. It was a Friday, I figured that after the big push, I could do a 3 day weekend, pamper and enjoy myself. The weather was gorgeous - low 80s and sunshine. I lounged in bed, before finally getting up to take a run. Running centers me, as I live my busy life. It's my goto to recharge myself. It's also where I get some of my best ideas.

So, off to run I went. I took a nice leisurely path thru the park and then back to my place to cool down and shower. I'm pretty fit and like to keep myself in shape. I played soccer thru college and I still play on an adult league. I'm tall, 5'10" and I've got natural strawberry blonde hair that I keep long - more on the blonde side with natural highlights of light red running throughout. My body measurements are 34,-24-34. I like to think that my legs are my best feature, but my friends say that my boobs are the best - size C, a very full C. It's not that I mind having larger breasts, but sometimes when I'm on the field playing soccer, or running, I get tired of the extra. The life I live, and the curse that I shoulder!

Anyhow, I know my looks can be intimidating to both men and women. I don't try, it just happens. Luckily, I'm very outgoing and my friends tell me I'm fun to be around - sense of humor, great conversationalist, knowledgeable without sounding like a know-it-all. I genuinely love life and love being with people.

As I finish cleaning up, I decide to chill this afternoon and head to the little shopping district near my place. I'll wander thru some of the stores, treat myself and maybe find a new outfit for the evening with Ang. I quick text her to confirm our reservations for dinner. She's still a go, so, I grab my things and head out.

After a light lunch, I head into the little shops. If I have a weakness in life, it's fashion. I like to look good. Both with what people see, and more importantly to me, what's underneath. I love sexy - I love wearing sexy lingerie. It's my gift to myself, knowing that I'm around other people and they have no idea of the sexy little sets I have on under the clothing that they can see.

My fixation with bras, panties and stockings feeds my inner hunger and I've never had a complaint from the men I let see what lies beneath. I love the feeling of something sexy on my skin and thinking about how it will affect others. When I'm in the mood and playful, I love to dress in a way that gives slight glimpses to what I'm wearing underneath the outer layer of clothes. It charges me when I see men and women trying to sneak glances.

Anyhow, today I end up picking up some new clothes for the evening. I find a nice pair of dark jeans that look like they were poured on my skin. The jeans have some rips in the legs and look fabulous, cupping my butt just the right way. I pair it with a black silk blouse, the sleeves are loose and flowing. The shirt hangs perfectly, my breasts have room and aren't pushing against the material. My long hair cascades down my back and over the shoulders - the curls bouncing down and off of the material.

I end up at the restaurant early - a nice little Italian place - and get the table. I order a bottle of Cabernet and have a glass poured for myself and for Ang. The table is outdoors, overlooking the lake. There are boats out on the water and it is a really relaxing environment. I'm taking it all in, staring out over the water sipping on my glass of wine.

I don't see Ang arrive, as my back is towards the door, and the first hint I have of her being there is when she wraps her arms around me from the back. Her hug is incredible, I've missed seeing her, talking with her. Once she releases me, I spin around, hop down off the stool and return the hug. She looks incredible!

Ang and I could pass as sisters, and are often mistaken as such. She's just a little shorter than I am, 5'8, but our facial features are similar and she also has a thick mane of blonde curly hair. Our eyes are both sky blue. The embrace is genuine, we have always enjoyed each other.

"Ang, this is awesome! I can't believe you're here!"

Ang effortlessly gave a light laugh, "Good to see you too, Steph." She brushed her lips on my cheek as she pulled back from the hug.

As she hopped up on a stool at the table we engaged in easy conversation. I grilled her about the move and how the first week in the office had been for her, she spent time asking me about my work. We both were enjoying the conversation, the wine and the meal. Desert was decadent and we sat at the table continuing to chat about life, love and the trials and tribulations of our respective relationships.

Ang had decided to break it off with her boyfriend when the job transfer had come her way. The move caused her to reflect on where she was at in the relationship and she had decided that while it was fun, it wasn't something she wanted long term and she wasn't in the mood to try a long distance relationship.

I on the other hand had lost my boyfriend in a car accident last year. Probably one of the reasons I had thrown myself into my work. It was the distraction I needed after loosing Conner. There were times I still longed for his touch, but life was a little easier for me now. The pain didn't cut as deep, and I found myself smiling and laughing more often when with others.

As we moved from the table, Ang grabbed my hand and intertwined her fingers in mine as we walked thru to the exit. The feeling as I walked with her was strange, a little tingle down below and a spark in my chest. Something I had not felt in a while and something I'd never felt for a woman. That's interesting.

We had decided to walk along the lake and Ang kept my hand wrapped in hers as we strolled along the path. The moon was out and full, spreading a wonderful warm light and bouncing off the lake.

"So, Steph, have you thought about getting back into the game? Conner's been gone now for a year, he wouldn't want you to shelter up."

"I don't know - one, nobody has come knocking on my door. Two, I've suppressed those feelings now for so long, I'm not sure how to unwrap them."

"You take it one step at a time, don't put pressure on yourself. And, you don't need to wait for someone to knock on your door, you are perfectly capable of asking someone. Is there anyone that you've found yourself attracted to lately?"

"Ang, you're the first date I've had since Conner passed away," I somewhat frowned as I said it.

"Well, as your first date, how's it going?" She chuckled.

"Not the worst date I've had." With that she gave me a light punch on my shoulder.

"Well, nice to see that I'm not at the bottom of the barrel! Listen, don't fret over this, it will happen when it happens. You're young, you're attractive, you're smart and funny - you're got the whole package and someone will notice you."

At that moment, I noticed someone dressed in dark clothing quickly come into my peripheral vision. Rushing us, he had a knife out. A long slender blade. The moon caught the blade and the light flashed in my eyes. He moved to grab my purse. I was frozen - deer in the headlights moment. Not knowing what to do, my eyes locked on him as his hand closed in on my purse.

Big mistake on his part. While I was frozen in place, Ang moved into action. What I haven't mentioned, is that she had trained in various martial arts since she was a kid. In fact she actually had instructed classes while we were in college. And, she had continued her own training. I knew that she had volunteered to teach self defense classes to women out East and she was not intimidated by the situation at all.

Without warning, the guy was on his back, the knife taken from him. Ang had unleashed on him, I don't remember what all happened, but it was fast and decisive. The guy was down and he wasn't moving.

Ang grabbed my hand and pulled, unfreezing the moment. We moved quickly back down the path retracing our steps to the restaurant. Ang was on her cell phone calling 911 reporting what had happened. By the time we got to the restaurant, a squad car was there along with 2 police officers.

Ever the cool one, Ang in detail told them what happened. All the while holding my hand, not letting go. She was able to describe the guy, tell them where on the path it had taken place - one of them, the guy, moved away and started down the path.

As he departed, his partner continued to ask questions. Ang answered every question, while all I could do was fumble thru my answers. It happened too fast, all I could remember was the glint of the knife as he approached.

As the officer finished with us, she then turned and started down the path. She had told us we were good to go, as she had all of our contact information. Glad that we weren't hurt, she followed the path quickly to catch up with her partner.

Ang turned to me, "You, ok?"

I looked back at her, Still fumbling for words. "Yeah, I'm fine. I think. No, I'm fine."

"Steph, you are obviously not fine. Your place or mine, I'm not letting you alone tonight. You're obviously in shock. You need someone to be with you right now."

"You don't have to do that. I'm fine. I just need a little time." As I looked at her, I realized how blue her eyes really were. What, where did that come from.

"Hon, no is not an option right now. I've no plans for the weekend, which means it's no problem to spend the night with you. I can see you're literally shaking. You're really shook up by this and I'm not leaving you. So, your place, or my place - you choose?"

"My place," I relented. I didn't want to admit it, even to myself, but I really didn't want to be alone

Ang, got a ride share to come pick us up and we headed back to my place. While on the drive Ang placed herself right next to me and held my hand the entire way. She filled the time during the drive with small talk, keeping me distracted from what had just happened. Allowing me to come down off the adrenaline rush. By the time the driver pulled up to my place I felt reasonably myself.

We hopped out and up to my condo. I live on the 6th floor, the top floor of the building. An old office building that had recently been gutted and reborn into beautiful living spaces. Due to money that I had inherited from my grandma, I had purchased a 2 bedroom corner unit that had a gorgeous view of the river. Truth be told, I really didn't need to work, but I did. I was determined to be my own person and do something that challenged my intellect. Hence my job in developing software. I was proud of what I did, and made good money to boot.

As we entered my place, Ang and I both ditched the heels. The evening was still young, so we decided to stream a classic rom-com. Before starting the movie, we both headed back to my bedroom to change into more comfortable clothes. Ang was going to need to borrow some shorts and a top from me, as she hadn't really planned on being here for the evening.

We had changed in-front of each other dozens of times over the years. But in this moment, I noticed her. Her figure was incredible. Toned from all the work she did to maintain her martial arts skills. Every muscle on her lean body was defined. Not in a masculine way, but in a powerful feminine way. She moved with grace slipping out of her jeans and silk top. HHerer best feature, like mine, her legs. They went on and on. Not that she was lacking in the breasts department, she was just as full up top as I was if not a little bigger. She quickly found a pair of joggers and a loose fitting top to throw on.

As I finished up changing out of my own clothes she headed back down the hall into the kitchen. "Grab some wine why you're at it," I yelled after her.

"Already on my checklist, babe. That and some munchies for the movie."

As I heard her begin to rummage around in the kitchen, I finished changing. Much like Ang, I grabbed some joggers and threw on a matching backless sports tank. I loved the outfit, the bottom showed off my legs and ass and the top was comfortable.

Now that I was dressed comfortably, I headed back down the hall. As I entered the living room, Angel was starting to layout an array of munchies on the table in front of the couch. A combination of chocolates, chips, grapes and strawberries. I had a nice selection of wine and she had picked a bottle of cabernet. I'd say we were pretty well set for the evening.

Both of us hit the couch and I grabbed the big blanket, threw it over us and started streaming the movie. The movie was comfortable, we sat there cuddled up under the blanket chatting, laughing at various scenes of the movie and generally enjoying each others company. It was a comfortable evening under that blanket. I felt safe, not just being in that moment, but knowing that Ang had taken care of that mugger on the path. Effortlessly, calmly and decisively. It's not often you see someone do that, not often you see one of your best friends do that for you.

As the movie wound down, Ang asked, "You ok, Steph?"

"Yeah, I think so. Still kinda shocked, slashed surprised at what happened. One, that's a really nice part of the city. It's the last place I would have thought something like that would have happened. Two, seeing you in action, not just in some training class, but actually using your skills for real. I can't believe you did that, makes me feel safe sitting next to you."

"The training kicked in. I've been practicing my entire life, so when it happened, my body just took over. I didn't really think about it, I just did what I knew needed to be done. I wasn't going to let him take anything from you and I certainly wasn't going to let him do anything to you."

"Well, for that I thank you. You really didn't give him a chance. I don't really remember what all happened. My mind just locked up. All I remember is him coming in for my purse, and then he was lying on the ground, not moving. You must've been fierce - not must've, you were fierce."

"I've been teaching others how to do this for so long, I just did what needed to be done. Nobody messes with my friends and gets away with it, Steph, nobody."

"Well count me among those who are happy to call you friend. I've really missed having you around in person. I know we've kept in contact, but it's just not the same as having you here in the same city and knowing we can get together any time we want."

"Hon, right back at ya. I always enjoyed being around you in college. There was never any tension, never any competition with you. We seemed to hit it off the very first time we met, and I always knew I could count on you if something was wrong in my life. It's tough to find friends like you. One of the reasons I took this job is knowing that you would be here and we'd get to see each other more often." With that she leaned in and we hugged, nothing sensual, just two friends happy to be in each others presence.

As she pulled back from the hug, she gave me a quick peck on the cheek.

"Ok, friend. Time for this girl to hit he sack." I stood and started taking things into the kitchen to begin cleaning up. Ang, jumped right in and shortly we had everything put away, the classes cleaned and drying on the counter and the two of us were ready to head to bed.

Instead of taking the guest room, I asked Angela if she would mind sleeping in my bed. I was still thinking of the earlier incident on the path, and just didn't feel like being alone. We'd often ended up in bed together in college, so neither of us made a big deal out of it. We laid in bed chatting a little longer and then, I think, I was the first to doze off.

As I was slowly waking, I began to realize that someone's hand was on my breast. Not that I minded, it felt comfortable. Then I remembered the prior evening, all that had happened, who was in my bed and who's hand that was on my boob. Suddenly, that hand squeezed. Any cobwebs in my head disappeared and I was acutely aware of where I was, who I was with and where her hand was. I was also distracted by the fact that Angelas boobs were firmly pressed against my back and I could feel her breath on my neck as she slowly exhaled, My mind was spinning, was this intentional on her part, or did she just end up in this position in her sleep, cuddled into my back, hand on my boob. Then another squeeze - oh, my God! Did she just do that again?

A familiar tingle started below. I was getting aroused! My pussy was actually responding to Ang squeezing my tit. What the hell, just, what the hell!

As I lay there pondering what I should do, I found myself enjoying the feeling of Ang being in my bed, cuddling up next to me. The warmth of her body, the pressure of her against my back. The soft breath on my neck as she exhaled. The grip that she had on me. Yes, she was holding my breast in her hand, but it felt comfortable. In the moment, it actually felt right.

At last she began to wake, I could feel the subtle shift in her body, the altered pattern of her breathing.

"Good morning, Sleepy."

"Uh, good morning," Ang mumbled back at me. "What time is it?"

"The clock is telling me it's about 8:30. Did you sleep well."

"Yes, I haven't slept that soundly in ages." I noticed that Ang wasn't pulling away from me. She continued to lay next to me with her hand cupping my breast. "I don't remember a thing after falling to sleep. Usually, I have a hint of my dreams in the morning."

"Well, you didn't scream or punch me while you were sleeping, so I'll venture to guess they were good dreams. in fact, you were feeling me up as I woke this morning."

I could feel Ang tense and freeze in place. It appears she suddenly realized where her hand was laying. After a few seconds, it appears she had come to a decision as I could feel her relax against my back. She, again, gently began rubbing my breast with her hand. "Definitely not the worst thing I could have done."

"What are you doing?" I questioned, but did not make a move to break away from her hand, nor to push away from the heat of her body lying next to me.

12