Light and Dark Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers

I was confused, but Nicklas just nodded yes. Charles smiled, "I have contacted everyone and they will be here tomorrow. They seem eager to see what you have found out. They are especially curious about Alexis. You don't seem to be very popular among the demons."

I laughed. "I don't suppose I would." Of course they aren't going to be singing my praises, it was my duty in life to kill them.

Nicklas turned back around and headed up the rest of the stairs. I called to him, "Do you want me to unfreeze her?"

He kept going and answered in my head. "No. Just leave her." I shrugged my shoulders and ran up the stairs to catch up with him. He was heading down the hallway that led to his bedroom and study. He opened his bedroom door and headed for his closet. I walked in, sat on his bed and waited for him to change his clothes. In a few minutes he emerged donning his usual tank top and leather pants. I smiled at him, but he just walked over and sat next to me. I didn't need empathy to know what he was feeling. I felt the same way. We were both different somehow and neither of us knew what that meant. I held his hand. "We'll figure it out."

He shook his head. "I know."

I rose and stood in front of him. He dropped his head and rested it on my stomach. I ran my hands through his hair, he put his hands on the back of my thighs and we were connected again.

"Are you sure we don't have time for a nap?" His eyes seemed to twinkle as he looked up at me and I couldn't help smiling.

"It is not a nap that you have in mind."

He smiled as his face lit up and showcased his dimples, "Then what do I have in mind?"

I was so close to stripping him right there and letting him do what he had in mind but we needed to get this element taken care of. "You always did have a one track mind."

He nodded. I kissed him lightly and stood. He followed, walked over to his door, closed it and grabbed the black duster off of the back of the door. He threw it on and walked back over to me. "Ready?"

I smiled at him, "I'm always ready."

I closed my eyes and focused on the banshee again. This time I found him and he was in the field and hunting. I reached out, grabbing Nicklas's hands and teleported us there. He pulled me into him the minute we appeared and took us into the shadows. Good thing too, cause the banshee seemed to sense that someone was here. He turned around, looking right where we had been, sniffed the air and then when he was sure we weren't there anymore he took off after his pray. Nicklas kept me in his arms and seemed to float over the ground following the banshee.

The banshee led us to a man, who was crawling and obviously injured from some sort of attack and the Banshee pounced on him, "Where do you think you are going?"

The man screamed and it went right through me. "Please...please... I have a family..." He had tried to speak between sobs and it only made the banshee laugh.

"Do you think I left you here to escape?"

The man's face came into my view and I could see the terror written all over it, "Please!"

He started to sob again and I turned in Nicklas's embrace, "Let me go." He seemed confused and when his eyes met mine, I was a little concerned that they were black. I was hoping it was because he was using his powers.

"This was in your vision?"

I shook my head, "No but I'm not one to follow the beaten path, let me go."

He nodded and did as I asked. I appeared right out of the wind and the banshee caught my scent. He turned from running his claws down the man's chest to me and smiled, "Witch."

I smiled back, assuming that Nicklas was still in the shadows. Good idea. "Well I see you are not completely stupid."

He stood to his full height of over seven foot and snarled down at me, "You call me stupid! You are the one interrupting my dinner. I am not very nice when I am hungry."

I was really trying to hold my tongue, oh hell, I never hold my tongue but what I was really trying to do was decide if I should just vanquish him now or teleport him out of here before wind got here.

"What's the matter? Banshee got your tongue?" He took a step toward me and I swear he was drooling.

Vanquish now. I focused on him and was going to blow him up but he beat me to the punch and laughed himself at me. Holy crap. I teleported behind him and flicked my hands at him, blowing him up in one big explosion of white fur, fire and ash. I turned and made my way over to the man laying on the ground. His eyes grew wide and he brought his arms up to block his face, "Please..."

I smiled as I softly touched his arms and brought them down to his sides, "I am not going to hurt you."

His eyes met mine and I smiled again letting him feel my warmth. "Close your eyes for me."

He nodded, letting himself relax and he closed his eyes. I focused on my healing light, brought it to my hands and then passed it into him. He gasped at the coolness that covered him and in a matter of seconds he was completely healed. "Want some help?"

I smiled at Nicklas's voice in my head and I kind of really liked that he was there.

"What do you have in mind?"

"I'll take him to his home and alter him."

Well he had a great idea there. When I turned to look over to where he had been I found him kneeling next to me. He leaned in and kissed me quickly, "I'll be right back."

I nodded, he moved around me, picked up the guy and took off. Man he was fast.

I know I should be doing this but I sat back and just took a minute to myself and found myself thinking of Nicklas. Okay, perhaps I will think to myself later.

I wonder what time it is... and cue the wind. Sure enough the wind in the field picked up and grew stronger every second it swirled around me. I knealt a bit so that I wouldn't get sucked up into the cyclone that was forming and out stepped the element. He was looking down at me, very surprised I wasn't who he had come for and the wind dropped almost immediately, "WHO ARE YOU!"

Damn, even his voice carried wind and I was sent backwards into the field. I skidded to a hault and was up as he appeared in front of me, "If you were looking for the banshee, I vanquished him."

His eyes turned white and the air around me started to swirl. Oh dear. "You are not the one I was sent for but the power around you is strong..." He took a deep breath and then smiled, "Oh yes, you will do."

I teleported behind him and while he was confused for a moment, the wind started before he turned. I really have not one idea how to stop him. I threw a force feild around him and sent all of my power to that. Maybe I could contain him.

"Do you think this will hold me!" He surrounded himself with a tornado and started to push outward on my force field. I widened my stance and used both hands to hold him there. The tornado disappeared and he was pissed. "This won't hold for long. You are a mortal, you don't have the power to hold me! I am of the Ancient Ones!"

He was starting to get on my nerves. Nicklas was at my side again. "Come on. He is safe."

I kept my ground and wind started another tornado. I could feel his power start to break my force field. "Alexis come on!"

I couldn't move. If I did, wind would bust through and we'd be gone. "I have to stop him."

"Alexis!" He touched my arm and was in my head again.

If this was going to happen every time we touched I was in trouble. He spoke in my head. "If you drop the force field and freeze him again, I will get us out of here."

I answered. "I don't know if I can."

He turned my head to face him. His eyes were black and he spoke out loud, "Yes you can."

I nodded and readied myself but I didn't have time. Wind busted out of the force field ans sent the biggest gush of wind right at me. It lifted me up off of my feet and sent me back but before I landed half way across the world I focused everything on that smug little groupie and froze him. Sure enough he faltered, then stopped immediately froze in the air around him. Unfortunately, that was when I fell and lucky me, I found the only tree in the field. I swear I hit every branch on the way down and right before I hit the ground I was in Nicklas's arms. "Gotcha."

I smiled and went to lift my hand to touch his face and was very painfully aware of a searing pressure forming in my chest and back. Nicklas caught the smell of blood and met my eyes, "Hold on. I'm going to get you to your house."

I managed to nod but the rest of everything was a blur and then I completely stumbled into darkness.

"Alexis."

"Alexis, honey you need to wake up." My father's voice was inside my head. Okay, now I've completely lost my mind, or wait... I was probably dead.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in the solarium of my parent's castle, standing in the spot where my father had died and I had tried to bring him back. I looked around. My father was standing behind me. "Daddy?"

He smiled and looked at me with the same green eyes that I had remembered. "Yes princess."

I walked toward him and he hugged me. "Your even more beautiful in person."

I held on to him tight, but he pulled away slowly.

"Daddy, am I dead?"

He chuckled. "Not yet dear, but we need to hurry. You don't have much time." He took my hand and led me to the basement. We walked down the flight of stairs that I was never allowed to as a child. At the bottom of the stairs the lights turned on as my father walked forward into the dark. "Come, dear."

He led me further into the light. I was having a hard time focusing on anything. Completely blurry and out of focus, but my father stopped at a door in the stonewall. "In here." He pointed to the door and nudged me forward.

"What is in there?" I didn't move, I just kept his hand.

"You have to open the door. It will show you what you need. You'll have to come back here to get them, as nothing can be removed from this world."

I turned toward my father. "In this world?"

He smiled. "Yes dear, this is the spirit realm. Now hurry." He hugged me one last time and I didn't want to let go.

"Daddy I've missed you so much."

He let me go. "I've always been with you child. Please hurry."

I turned toward the door and touched the handle. It felt hot to my touch but I tuned the knob slowly. The door popped open and creaked as I shoved it further and the contents of the room began to come into focus. On the far wall was an altar. On the alter, candles were burning and there sat a golden box. I walked toward the altar and ran my hands across the top of the box, over the carvings of the elements on top. I pulled open the latch on the box and opened it. Inside were the armbands that I had worn in my vision. I turned back to the open door. My father was still standing there. "Daddy?"

He stayed out side the door. "You'll have to figure this one out on your own princess. Now come. You have to get back."

I walked back out the door and took my father's hand. He led me back up the stairs and back into the solarium. "Daddy, why can't I vanquish them?"

He shook his head. "This is something else you have to figure out on your own. They will have power over you until you realize what is going on."

First I thought I was dead but then I wasn't, now I can't vanquish the elements because I haven't figured out a puzzle. My father sensed my thoughts, "It is not as difficult as you are making it. You are the smartest lady out there, not just because you're my daughter but also because you are much more to this world. You are capable of so much more than you realize, but you have to stop doubting yourself. Nicklas will be able to help assure you but you have to find you're strength from with in."

I smiled, "You know about Nicklas?"

He smiled back at me with an approving smile. "Of course. Do you think I wouldn't be watching the man who had intentions for being with my daughter?"

I laughed and hugged him. "I am glad you approve."

He hugged me back. "I am only worried about his clan. They are disapproving of you and you'll have to watch yourself."

I pulled back and looked into his eyes, "I know, but I also trust Nicklas."

He smiled at my remark and dropped our embrace. "I know you do." He put both of his hands on my face and held it, "We have to get you back." He motioned to the spot on the floor where I had healed him all those years ago. I walked to it and lay down. "Now close your eyes."

I did as he asked and he placed his hands on my chest where I had been wounded. I felt the power inside me rise to the surface. The blackness gave way to light and I opened my eyes and drew a desperately needed breath. I was back in my yard, with Nicklas and Madison at my side. I started coughing.

"Alexis!"

My chest was tight, but as I coughed and kept breathing it loosened.

"Alexis!"

I turned to Nicklas. His face was white, but that wasn't half as bad as Madison's. I totally forgot that I had asked her to meet me here. I slowly sat up as Madison leaned in and hugged me. "Ease up there."

She let up a bit but didn't drop her grip. Nicklas spoke, "You were dead."

I looked into his eyes and put my hand on his face. "Not dead, just in the spirit realm."

"In the what?" I stood with Madison still attached to me, "I'll explain later. Right now we need to get to the castle."

They both hopped up and in unison shouted, "So now you want to go back to London?"

I could help laughing. "So now I get to hear the sarcasm in stereo?"

Madison threw her arms up and put one around Nicklas, "Great minds think alike." Nicklas started laughing and the sight with the two of them was priceless. "I need to make a phone call first."

Madison and I started to walk toward the house and I nodded not realizing that this phone call was apparently a very important thing.

He spoke again, "A long distance phone call."

I stopped and turned around. "Is there something wrong."

He walked toward me. "No, however, as a courtesy I need to phone Alexander."

"Who the hell is Alexander?" I put my hands on my hips not irritated at him but at myself for not knowing who ever it is that he is talking about.

He stepped in front of me. "He is the Master of Europe. He will need to know that I am coming into his territory and don't pose a threat to him or his people."

The minute he had opened his mouth I knew who Alexander was and I was mildly embarrassed that I had completely let the name of the Master vampire of Europe slip my mind. My family was very aware of him and had actually met him on several occasions. "We don't pose a threat to Alexander or his clan?"

His voice was like a soft breeze in my mind and I let it cover me as I thought for a moment, "I don't believe so."

He walked ahead of us on the stairs leading to my patio doors. "Good then I won't have to make niceties."

He walked through the patio doors and into the kitchen. This Master situation seemed to be a bit more serious than I had been taking it. I hope this wasn't a problem, not that I care but I really didn't want to upset things for Nicklas. Madison and I jogged up the remaining stairs and entered the same way that Nicklas had. He was using the phone on the far kitchen wall by the back staircase, deep in conversation. I paused only briefly before I realized they weren't speaking in English. Hum. I was curious, but not curious enough to really want to know what they were talking about. I walked through the door leading to the dining room, past the front staircase and headed to my altar room. "Open."

The doors slid open and I crossed the threshold. I was going to bring my Book of Shadows with me. The coven might be able to help me with some of my father's spells. I opened the cedar chest and picked it up. It was a fifth generation book; that had been handed down through the years. I can feel the family's power every time I touched it. I closed the lid to the chest and stood up. I looked around the room to see if I would need anything else. Madison caught my attention. "Deep in thought?"

She was aware of the fact that I had forgotten about her. "Quite. I am sorry that you're in the middle of this right now."

She smiled and leaned up against the doorway. "Naw. I live for this shit. Not like I have a life outside of the museum. Well there is the bar, but I am denying the fact that I am an alcoholic until I'm at least forty."

I couldn't help smiling. She really had a perfect match to my sense of humor. "Honey you're only a drunk. Alcoholics go to meetings."

I tucked the book of shadows under my arm and walked toward her at the door. She stepped back and followed me to the dining room. We could have gone to the den or my office, but I wanted the open concept that the dining room provided. Plus the table was larger. The minute Madison stepped into the room she was talking again, "What the hell happened here?"

Nicklas had found his shirt earlier, but had neglected to clean up the broken clay vase mess. The little brat had some explaining to do. "Well do you want the short version or the... Why do I even bother asking!"

I sat at the head of the table and proceeded to tell her everything that happened, even the indiscretions. The biggest smile crossed her face, "So, in a matter of speaking, he asked you to marry him?"

I was ready to argue with her about this but I realized that it was correct. I guess being his mate would be the supernatural version of a wedding. I sighed and dropped my head to the table, "Yeah. I guess he asked me to marry him."

She chuckled and lowered her voice a bit, "And what did you say?"

I rolled my head to the side to face her and answered, "I asked him for a little time to think about it."

Her face told me she thought I was crazy and sure enough her words did as well, "You are crazy! What in the world do you have to think about?"

She was right, I really didn't have anything to think about, I was just giving myself an out, something that I did all of the time. Must have an escape clause. I sat back up, "I don't really have anything to think about, I'm just trying to give myself time to run away again."

She laughed but crossed her arms over her chest and leveled a decent glare at me, "You need to knock off that crap. I know all about you and your trust issues and while I am quite sure Nicklas isn't going to let you get away again, I don't think you need to try. Now, go talk to him."

I was going to argue with her but I knew it would be pointless and honestly I was more afraid of her then I was of my own insecurities. I stood and headed out the door and when I didn't find Nicklas in the kitchen I caught a glimpse of him out by the pool. He was thinking about something that was worrying him and if the pose he was in didn't tell me that, the mild breeze of emotion I was getting from him did.

I walked out through the kitchen, onto the patio and down to where he was standing. He didn't look down at me right away but then again I didn't look up at him either. "Will we be stepping on any toes being there?"

He smiled and looked down at me, "No. Alexander appreciated my call. I assured him however that we would not be long but that is not what you wanted to talk about."

I smiled and looked up at him, "No it is not but as much as I want to talk to you about what I want to, I can't right now."

He laughed, "The babbling is quite adorable."

I smacked him in the shoulder, "Smart ass."

He leaned in and kissed me very gently, "When ever your ready, I am here."

I nodded, "Madison is waiting for us in the dining room."

He smiled, "I'll be in, in a minute."

He stayed where he was and I ran up the stairs to the patio, then into the kitchen. Right as I stepped through the doors, a huge burst of wind sent me back through the doors and landing me on the patio in a pile of shattered glass. Nicklas was at my side instantly helping me up. I held on tight to him and looked into the kitchen. Wind was standing in the doorway now surrounded by flowing circles of air. "No one escapes my wrath."

Ricrindi
Ricrindi
15 Followers
123456...8