Like An Accident Pt. 02

Story Info
A betrayal occurs, comfort is sought.
7.7k words
4.67
5.2k
2
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 11/15/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Like An Accident: Part 02

(While the first chapter had fairly vanilla sex, this chapter has some BDSM elements (branding, bondage, and some drunken/ blurred consent lines).

By the time they had gotten to the town, night had already fallen. Luclos stepped away from Buttercup, no, she was no longer that. Buttercup and Dirol had died in the fire. She stumbled away from him, her whole body shaking.

Two-lip slipped inside the local church, vanishing into the candlelit room. A few of the Siblings of the Sinners crowded around her like a gathering of geese, their questions and words too soft to hear. The door was quickly closed, the lock clicking into place. A metal slot was the only way the occupants would be able to communicate with the outside world now.

Staying near the buildings, Luclos shuffled in the shadows. He got to the other side of the church, the stench of death hitting him as he passed into the back door of the coroner. Once inside, he dropped his bag to the ground and filled up the metal tub. A corpse laid on the slab next to him, skin and hair still damp. He shifted and saw that it was the dearly departed Lord Augmen.

The poison had left no trace on his body. He looked peaceful, almost like he was merely sleeping. The corner of Luclos' lip twitched as he stared down at the body, seeing the ornate robes and jewelry resting on the table next to the slab. When the body was treated and dried, he would be dressed and buried far better in death than any peasant in life.

Once the water came up to his chest when he sat, Luclos submerged himself into it. He slowed his breathing and tried to not breathe too hard through his nose. He would smell like swamp and muck until he got a proper bath. Bits of dirt and bodily filth began to float up to the surface. Drawing his knees to his chest, he closed his eyes and rested his chin on his knees.

Perhaps he would have to take Two-lip up on her suggestion and go to an inn. Lots of bubbles, water with actual heat, and more privacy. Less of a chance of someone throwing an explosion at them mid-coitus. If Two-lip would even be ready for such a thing. The whole journey back, she was white as a sheet and silent.

As he scrubbed at his fingernails, he thought of the device. Who would throw such a thing in the window of a noble? He hadn't gotten too good of a look at it. But something like that wouldn't have been made and thrown at random. Had they waited until the Lady of the House had left, or was she the intended target?

No... It was no coincidence that the manor was burned down shortly after it was emptied. Luclos looked at the ring and then at his bag resting against the wall. The papers inside... What had Augmen been hiding?

Someone cleared their throat behind him.

"Are you done? I have paying clients who need their loved ones looking their best."

Luclos stood up from the tub, taking the towel handed to him by the coroner.

He stood almost three heads taller than the man.

Dewdrop had apprenticed to the previous apothecary, taking over when his teacher finally retired. He was nearing 30, but his visible skin was free of wrinkles and any sign of aging. Even without the Siblings around him, he still put off the air of someone who would knock out someone's teeth if they looked at him wrong.

The coroner's eyes were narrowed as he offered a mask to Luclos, identical to his own.

"Did you get what you needed?" Dewdrop asked. Going to the door and looking around, before waving to an unseen person.

"Of course I did." Luclos quickly toweled off, taking the nearest robes for a coroner and slipping into them. The sleeves were too short and it was tight in the chest, but it was better than wandering around shirtless. "Even after the manor was blown up."

Dewdrop faced him, eyebrow raised.

"Are you going to talk to Sundown?"

"Of course." Luclos passed by him, lowering his head to obscure his face as the crowd of mourners shuffled in. He slipped by and hugged the walls, going into the back room.

An elderly man sat at a table, game pieces in place. He rubbed his chin as he stared down at the board. When he heard the door open, his neck creaked as he looked up.

Small wisps of white hair clung to his bald head. His leathery skin was toughened by both sun and sand. His weak eyes squinted, before he clung to his cane next to him. He wore black robes, but if one paid attention, they could see the occasional hilt of a knife in the folds.

"Jinx, is that you?" He asked, his voice raspy. "I was wondering when you were going to show up." He looked at the board. "I need help figuring out my next move."

Luclos sighed, then sat down across from the older man. He peered down at the board, wondering what move would work next. As they stared at it, he heard the rattling of ceramic. Looking back up, he saw a woman emerge from the kitchen. She was carrying a pair of tea cups on a tray, which she sat next to the board.

Snake-Eyes was the most junior member of the group, barely twenty summers. She had dark skin, hair and eyes. She even wore a dark dress and boots. Her gloved hands were steady when she stepped away from the table. Leaning against the wall, she kept her eyes on the two of them.

Luclos stared at the board, Snake-eyes visible in the corner of his eye. He started to move a piece, when Sundown stifled a chuckle.

Picking up the teacup, Luclos held it in his hand and brought it under his nose. Taking a small inhale, he nearly dropped it and coughed. A few drops splashed onto the table.

"Hey!" Sundown snapped.

"Next time." Luclos set the cup down. "Tell your apprentice to not make her poison so potent that it overpowers what she's trying to hide it in." He whirled around to look at Snake-Eyes, barely having enough time to slip out of the chair and avoid her rushing at him.

Her blade slashed across the chair's back. It tore through the fabric, tangling it. As she started to pull it free, Luclos knocked her legs out from under her. She fell to the ground, the knife clattering on the ground.

They both went for it. Luclos swiped it, before feeling Snake-Eyes kick him in the stomach. Wind rushed out of him and he rammed his head against hers. She let out a raspy gasp and fell back as blood gushed from her nose.

Luclos put the blade to her throat and straddled her. Her eyes flicked around, and she slowly held up her hands. Rolling his eyes, Luclos stabbed the knife into the rug next to her ear, nicking the lobe. Wincing, she let out a hiss of pain, before spitting in his face.

Wiping it off, Luclos stood and kept his foot on her chest. Looking over at Sundown, he crossed his arms.
"What, you don't remember having to spill your first blood?" Sundown asked, the raspiness gone from his voice.
"I need to talk to you." He felt Snake-Eyes squirm. Teetering side to side, Luclos managed to keep his balance. He tried to resist the urge to put his weight on his foot. Crushing his junior's ribs was an expense both morally and financially he didn't want to incur.

"It can wait," Sundown said matter of factly, getting up from his chair and hobbling over to a box on the table next to the hearth. Reaching inside, he pulled out a pipe and began to smoke it. The scent it gave off wasn't tobacco.

Luclos repressed a gag and pulled Snake-Eyes to her feet. When she stood, he offered her a handkerchief from the pockets of the robe. Although it was meant to catch tears, not blood. She glowered at him. When she managed to wipe off the blood and staunch the bleeding, he saw the flash of the faded scar on her throat. It made him rub his own throat and clear it.

"Show her what awaits her if she doesn't spill the first blood," Sundown suggested. "My methods are clearly," He shot Luclos a look, "Out of date."

Luclos rolled his eyes and made a noise of disgust, before looking over at Snake-Eyes. She was standing at attention, ready to listen.

He went up the stairs, passing a sign noting that only the coroner and staff were allowed on the next floor. Slicking his hair back, he looked over and realized that he had a shadow. Snake-Eyes had blended into the dark parts of the walls.

"Alright. Come on. I'll see if Bramble and Dewdrop are about to have a session."

"Good. I'll look over the papers you got from the Augmen mansion." As Sundown hobbled away, Luclos realized he was carrying the burnt documents.

"Sly old fox," Luclos nearly chuckled, before patting Snake-Eyes on the shoulder. She stayed stiff, before following behind him. The two of them left the room. Snake-Eyes paused at the board, before moving one of the pieces. Luclos stared at it, before arching an eyebrow and shaking his head.

There was another door that led to the rafters. A small hole peered into the most private room in the church. Smoke from incense curled up to the ceiling. Even through the curtain of fog, candlelight lent more than enough light. A room that had been inscribed with runes so that the sounds of screaming would be muffled, as well as the voices within.

A woman was tied up to a post by her waist. Her wrists were tied to hooks on the wood above her head. She was naked, with her clothing pooled around her feet.

There was a stone hearth with a roaring fire. A set of rods were placed inside the flames, glowing with heat. Small runes had been chiseled on each brick, inscribing a word to a symbol.

Bramble, still in her full outfit, knelt next to the mouth of the hearth. Sweat beaded on her forehead, trickling down her cheeks. But she didn't dare to wipe it.

Lady Augmen and her brother in law knelt in front of the girl on the post. Pillows had been laid out to make their positions more comfortable. They were brightly colored, probably softer than any bed Luclos ever laid on. He'd have to lay on them later.

"Have you written down everything you wish to be absolved from?" Bramble asked, her voice barely carrying to Luclos.

Snake-Eyes was staring intently at the scene unfolding below. Her whole body had gone taut.

"I only wish that we leave behind all our sins in the wake of his death," Lady Augmen said, her voice sounding weak. She passed the paper to Bramble. "Sister, are you sure that this will make him pass through to the afterlife safely?"

"Of course." Bramble assured her. As the Sister's eyes flicked over the paper, she gave a nod and stood up, taking one of the rods and pulling it out. It was too far away to see the end of it clearly.

Bramble's face was blank as she passed the brand to Lady Augmen. "You will pass your sins onto the Siblings. This sister will bear your sins on her body to cleanse your soul."

The sister's breathing started to become shallow, her chest heaving as she stared at the brand. Bramble came up behind the post, tying a gag.

"I confess to the sin of Adultery," Lady Augmen mumbled, her voice barely audible. Her hands shook as she held onto the rod. Her brother in law came over, putting his hand over hers and helping steady it. The two of them held onto the end of the brand and brought it onto the breast of the Sister.

The Sister's body went rigid and she stamped her foot on the ground, her arms pulling at the restraints. Rope bit into her skin. She panted, drool pooling from the gag. An angry red symbol was on the flesh of the breast. It would heal before too long.

Bramble undid the sister's gag. She panted hard, her tongue lolling out of her mouth. Sweat glistened on her skin and she moaned.

Bramble put a hand to the Sister's temple, whispering in her ear. The Sister nodded and swallowed hard, before taking a sip of water offered to her. Once she had drunk a cup, Bramble went to pick up another brand.

Luclos' eye flicked to his junior. Snake-Eyes was focused, her jaw set. Eyes narrowed, she held her hands tightly into fists.

There was another confession and another moan from the Sister.

If Snake-Eyes didn't spill her first blood before she saw her 21st summer, then she would be subject to a similar fate to recoup the cost of raising her. Her hand went to the scar on her throat and she began to scratch at it.

"It's alright," He assured her, signing the way she needed to. "You still have a long time before summer." Speaking with his hands was a skill he was glad they all picked up.

"It's still hard to watch," She signed back. "How can someone stand it?"
Luclos tried to keep his face neutral. "It's..." His hands and mind struggled to find the words. Truthfully, he wasn't too terribly sure himself. Supposedly, they filled the Siblings with something to make them feel pleasure instead of pain. Or some were lucky to naturally feel the euphoria. Dewdrop had been one of the few to feel something so natural, but he found his talents resided better elsewhere.

Once the last brand was placed, Lady Augmen all but fled out of the room, looking ready to burst into tears. As she left, Bramble started to untie the sister, who was now covered with brands.

Luclos waited for the door to be locked. He hoped down from the rafters. The Sister let out a yell of surprise when she saw him stand up. Bramble rolled her eyes.

"There is a door, you know." She pulled out a cream and began to apply it to the burns.

"Didn't want to risk them seeing me." Luclos held onto the Sister's arm and began to massage at the wounds left behind by the ropes, trying to get the circulation going again. Her body was still slick with sweat. Gooseflesh ran over her skin at his touch, her nipples going erect. He adjusted his stance as he finished, seeing the color start to return to her hands. He found himself staring at the brands.

Snake-Eyes joined him tilting her head side to side.

"Tell me what you see." He instructed, pointing at the markings over the sister's body.

"... Ever the professional," Bramble said, crossing her arms. "Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"I'll go to my coffin, later." Luclos turned to Snake-Eyes, "The worst part about becoming a Sibling," he jerked his thumb in the direction of the older woman. "She becomes your boss."

His head jolted forward when Bramble cuffed him at the nape of his neck. Spots danced before his eyes. Blinking rapidly, he straightened and rolled his shoulders. Bramble raised her brow, making it vanish under her head covering.

"How's Two-Lip?"

Bramble laced her fingers. "She seemed in shock from the magic use, but there was a lack of external injuries... minus the scraping on her back." Her look could have frozen beer.

"I'll go attend to her." He pointed to Snake-Eyes. "When I come back, tell me what Sins the Sibling is taking on."

She gave a nod as he darted out the door, taking care to peer around and make sure he was avoiding his previous employers. He flitted down the hall, heading up the stairs where the siblings stayed. In the afternoon, they were mostly empty, with many of the occupants downstairs serving their clients.

At the end of the hall was Bramble's room. He walked up, knocking with the back of his hand, before placing his ear to the wood. He heard the sound of the bed squeaking, followed by soft moans. Arching his eyebrows, he looked right to left, double checking to make sure that the halls were empty.

Turning the handle, he pushed the door open with his shoulder.

Rather than finding Two-lip on the bed pleasuring herself, he saw the naked body of one of the sister's, bound up to the post of the bed. Something had been stuffed in her mouth to keep her from crying out. Her bindings... was his shirt. Her hands were tied so she could do little more than wriggle, her hands trussed up above her head. She had a few brandings, but nothing recent.

"Whoa!" He yelped, before rushing forward and kneeling in front of the bed. "I'm going to take out the gag. Don't bite me." When he pulled out the gag, he realized it was also more material made from his shirt. It had been cut with a knife, although it was so soaked in the Sister's saliva it was hard to tell.

She gagged and cried out, before shaking her head and working her jaw.

"What happened?" He said, fiddling with the knots. The bindings had been tied around the thinner part of the post, making it unable to get over the top. He tried to pull and loosen them, before pulling out his knife and slicing through the material.

"She ambushed me," The Sibling said, her breathing ragged. Her eyes bugged out as she grabbed the comforter from the bed and covered herself with it. "I thought she was sleeping, so when I came in here to check on her, she came up behind me and hit me over the head."

Luclos shifted to sit next to her and leaned back to look. A nice reddening bruise was in the Sibling's hair. He went to touch it, but pulled his hand back.

"Stars above, Luclos." Bramble snapped, now in the doorway. "What happened?"

"I'm trying to find out!" He snapped, before standing up and crossing his arms.

Bramble inhaled sharply, looking over at the Sibling. "You had the money box, didn't you?"

"Yes." The Sibling paused, before her eyes bugged out. "Oh no!" She quickly got up, before her face blanched and she started to reel. Luclos reached out and caught her before she lost her balance. Her knees gave out and she collapsed against him. Her nipples pebbled at his touch.

Her hair brushed against his chin, her skin warm against his. Face pale, she babbled something before she seemed to black out again.

Bramble closed the distance between them, taking the sister's limp form and setting her back down on the bed. She nodded to the girl's restraints, and Luclos cut them free.

"Coloring isn't too bad on her hands. I don't think she was tied up too long." Luclos explained, looking at the knots and frowning. "Dammit. I taught her these knots."

Bramble looked at the knots. "Those aren't the ones the guild normally teaches."

"I know." He frowned and stuffed the material in his pockets.

"When were you practicing with those?"

"You know the answer." He snapped, before pointing to the unconscious form of the sibling. "Can we focus on the problem here?" When he looked at the Sibling's naked body, then at the nightstand, he saw a paper on it. Snatching it, his eyes flicked over the contents.

'Luclos, I know it will probably be you who finds this.' It began, with Two-lips dainty writing. 'I'm sorry. The knots shouldn't be the kind that tighten when she struggles. I had to leave. I'm taking my exit from the guild and invoking my right to the Hunt. Please give this to Sundown and tell him he can keep my share from the most recent job.'

There was a squiggle of what looked like what was to be a signature, but it had been scribbled out. The words became more and more blurry the longer he stared at them, twisting and becoming gobbledegook. He crumpled up the paper and tossed it aside and rubbed his forehead with the palm of his glove.

"I'm going to get a healer," Bramble's voice broke through his haze. "I'm going to kill that bitch when I get a hold of her."

"Might want to pay the experts," Luclos grumbled. "She's invoked her right to the Hunt."

***

Luclos grunted loudly as he slammed his tankard down. The froth from the ale was still clinging to his lips. With a glare, the Barkeep filled up the container again. Understanding the warning, Luclos took another pull. He knew they watered down the stuff, so he made sure to get the strongest of what they offered. He'd managed to get a pleasant buzz going.

"Are you going to be alright?" Dewdrop asked, running his finger around the rim of his tankard. "It's not the first time someone's done this." He looked around, before continuing. "At least you got to keep your share."

Luclos shot him a look over the rim of his tankard. "That's not the point." He said, his voice muffled by the liquid. Slurping it down, he reached for a stein and pointed to it, slapping a coin on the counter and turning to face Dewdrop. "She just left without telling anyone she was going to. Oh, right, and she attacked an innocent party to do it."