Like An Accident Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking right and left, he saw his hands tied the bed posts. He wiggled his fingers, his heart hammering before he let out a sigh of relief. They moved.

"Fuck!" He yelled, hitting his head against the board. The venom from the hangover spread, his whole body starting to throb with pain. How could he have been so reckless?

The creak of the chair got his attention. Twisting his body, he looked over and saw Dewdrop rocking in it, a knife in his hand. Sunlight glared off it, making Luclos turn away. Gritting his teeth, he shook his head and grumbled to himself.

"Please tell me that wasn't you in a wig."

Dewdrop snorted. "How drunk were you? I thought I told you to slow down." He stood up and crossed the room. Luclos noticed his clothes were folded neatly on the nightstand, the notes from the Sibling's Branding on top.

Once Luclos was freed, he looked at the red marks. All of them were vital organs or places where he would have bled out. Snake-Eyes had been thorough. It was a good thing she wasn't really trying to kill him. His head throbbed, disagreeing with his thoughts.

"You might want to look over her notes." Dewdrop said as he sheathed the knife.

Luclos snatched up the paper, looking over the writing. Most of it was simple things, a few missing amounts of money, beating someone (probably a slave or a child), lusting after another man's wife... Carrying on an affair with said wife and having a child out of wedlock. His eyes fell on the last sentence.

'Based on the placement of the lion brand, I believe that the Sister is bearing the sins of someone who not only hired one assassin's guild, but two.'

"You think they hired the Lions to come after you and Two-Lip?" Dewdrop asked. "Who sends an assassin after an assassin? It seems like it would just create one long chain." He pantomimed pulling a lead around.

"Someone with something to hide." Luclos put a hand to his temple, rubbing his fingertips against it. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. When he opened them, the light seemed harsher, the sounds of the world louder, and the pain in his head getting worse. The thought of more alcohol made his stomach churn. He dropped the paper and rushed to the bathing chambers, emptying his stomach.

When he came out, Dewdrop had thrown the paper into the fire.

"What are you going to do?" He asked, looking at the still folded pile of clothes.

"I need to pay a visit to a Lion." Luclos found himself twisting the copper ring around his finger. "And wonder why the hell they tried to kill me."