All Comments on 'Like I Believe That'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 88 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

A nice fantasy, but you had a major error at the end. To enter any courthouse or federal building you have to go through metal detectors. There is no way she would have been able to bring any metal weapon in, and as soon as she pulled it the bailiff and other guards would have taken her down, possibly by taser or shooting her.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

This was so stupid, i could myself getting dumber by the word.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

Funny story!! 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice laugh. Thank you.

skruff101skruff101about 2 years ago

Now that was funny.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

gun in a courtroom? Idiotic ending to a below average story

rublicksrublicksabout 2 years ago

Whoa,that was scary

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuabout 2 years ago

So the cheater has the last laugh eh?

Well maybe in the near future that Stephanie's blinders will come off and see Ed as boring and average as Whitney had said. Then Ed gets dumped and divorced and got clean out by what little he has. Though I don't like Whitney's disrespect but Edward is a CHEATER. He should have divorced Whitney the moment he that kiss from Stephanie and waited until the divorce is final before having sex with Stephanie.

I hate cheaters and this was a cuck story.

I hate cuckolding stories.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Skippy, I love your sense of humor. I have to believe my ex wife would have laughed at me if I told her I was having sex with the gal from my high school who became a somewhat famous actress. Nice to see the Regular Guy come out on top, for once.

OdessaLesOdessaLesabout 2 years ago

Edward was a cheater. Confessed to his wife, who thought so little of him, she didn’t believe him and laughed at him. He continued the affair and fell in love. Whitney thought her husband was a below average man in all regards. Stephanie thought he was the best. I liked the story, which was very well written.

KoxokKoxokabout 2 years ago

Fun story. Was waiting for the whole thing to be a big joke on Edward. Glad it was a happy ending for him and Stephanie.

WargamerWargamerabout 2 years ago

I hate cheaters with a passion, but Skips story was tongue in cheek humour that made me laugh, a lot.

Scores 5/5 just for giving me a serious laugh.

Well done Skip.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Drug is not a verb. A very boring story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Interesting take on cheating. On one hand, he finds out what his wife really feels about him. Also, that part she says about so easily cheating herself is telling. But the fantasy of a model like her wanting a plain dude like him? And him asking if they can live off her pay? As described she has millions! But he cheated so she has to wonder what happens later in life. Will he take the money and run

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Cute, but I kept expecting a twist where the women were in collaboration so the wife could get a more favorable distribution in the divorce and then the girlfriend dumps the husband.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

I was surprised there were no repercussions to the server incident before she realized things were serious.

\

"Edward didn't speak as he left. He was obviously rattled." - Why should he be rattled? Because NOW she wants him, now that she's losing him?

\

Agreeing to get pregnant to try to save your marriage is NOT a good reason to get pregnant.

\

The trouble with giving "another chance," is that no matter how sincere they are, once the threat is gone, there's liable to be resentment. SHE might end up divorcing him, then he gets neither woman and loses everything.

\

I'm a well-known believer in consequences for cheaters, and if this was a story about cheating I'd be all over his ass. But this story WASN'T about his cheating, it was about his wife's reaction to it.

\

@Mac_Lapu, unless she gets an unfair pre-nup, if her "blinders come off," and Stephanie divorces him, he'll get a ton of alimony and an asset split.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoabout 2 years ago

funny, good read and different. 5 *'s

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This author always tries to be funny and comes out ridiculous

MasterKoteMasterKoteabout 2 years ago

The gun in the courtroom is not believable otherwise an ok story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fun, even if way too far fetched even for the LW Universe.

.

Whitney made her own bed. She really disrespected her husband well before he had his miraculous affair with the model. Her behavior after he admitted to the affair was an extreme example of further demasculating him. At the end, she kind of woke up to understand what she did….but too little and way too late.

.

Would have like to have read about the content of Whitney’s individual sessions with the counselor. Would have provided more insight into her character including why her respect for Ed had gone down the drain.

.

Of course, the whole affair between tne model and the dork was fantasy. But given that fact, Whitney had so little respect for Ed that even after being served and Ed moving out for a month she still thought it was a prank —- because she had no respect for the guy.

.

Fun read. 4 ****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
The Only Suspense For Me Is If Will I Rate It A 1 or a 2

Whitney was really really stupid, disrespectful, and arrogant. But the story never revealed her being dishonest, cheating, unethical, or deceitful. Of course the author will claim that the asshole cheating husband was acting in plain site, . . . so that absolves what? And what difference does it make how beautiful the other woman is, other than to accentuate the asshole's decision to commit adultery. I guess ugly women need not apply? She is taking as a partner for life a man who lacks honor, virtue, and compassion. Oh, that's right, Whitney pulled a gun, so Whitney Bad Too. The more I think and comment on this story the less I appreciate it. I won't even thank you for the effort.

tizwickytizwickyabout 2 years ago

That was very amusing and a fun read. Hilariously funny and a very original story line five star effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Cheating asshole. Depressing that the assholes get everything they want and live happily ever after while Whitney suffers so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well, the first page was amusing.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989about 2 years ago

Different but the non acceptance got boring.

PowersworderPowersworderabout 2 years ago

I normally like to see cheaters get burned, but only when they're betraying good people.

It seemed pretty clear that the marriage with Whitney was already on the rocks. She had no respect for her husband and was openly treating him with contempt. Women don't love men that they don't respect, so I wasn't surprised to hear that their sex life had dwindled away too.

-

He was already considering divorcing the shrew, so I say good luck to him moving on with Stephanie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I didn't like this story. He's a cheating douche bag and Stephanie is homewrecking slut. I wouldn't marry someone who was OK banging me while I was married. You'd be delusional to believe they would respect the vows they make with you. I think Whitney should be thanking her lucky stars. She dodged a bullet. Imagine having kids with an asshole like this. He cheated and had the nerve to ask for a divorce all cause she laughed at him? What a loser. I didn't like how Whitney was practically begging him to take her back. No ma'am, let him go. I'm not begging anyone to be with me--- especially not a fucking cheater. Get the fuck out of here. Him and his slut Stephanie can kiss my ass after I take a dump. She can have him. The wife might've been a bitch but nothing she said justified what he did. I thought she cheated or it really was an elaborate stupid joke. I was baffled to realize he was serious. This was a retarded story. I didn't like any of the people but I liked Whitney a hell of a lot more than Stephanie and the MC.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very creative and short, without leaving anything out. I liked it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

"And then Edward's alarm clock went off. It was an amazing dream, but he realized he had to start another day."

This has a unique plot. is well executed, and is hilarious. I don't see how anyone could fail to give it a 5. I wish more writers here would take the time to step outside the usual LW formulaic plots.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Original and funny.

Ladies, like I told my daughter right before the wedding, rarely turn him down, be enthusiastic, don’t let it go too long between sex and you are a LOT more likely to have a long happy marriage. If you aren’t in the mood, it won’t take long to take care of him. Neglect him in bed and you make him a much easier target for another woman.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Thank you so much

I needed a good laugh and you provided it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice April Fool story!

I THINK? (Skippy's stories are usually a little "bent" anyway, so maybe this wasn't an intentional spoof.)

Anyway, it maintained a consistent theme throughout, and was funny as hell!

Actually, I think Edward and Whitney (two idiots) made a better personality match than did Edward and Stephanie, so they probably should have stayed married. This divorce had an "I'll show YOU" feel to it.

I'm going to assume Skippy wrote an intentional April Fool sketch (this time), and give it 4 stars.

Bham487Bham487about 2 years ago

Cute story for us average guys!

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Sad cheating husband story. Edward is a low life that cheated on his wife and thinks he's upgraded. Unhappy with your marriage, work on it or get a divorce before you cheat. Chapter 2 should be about Stephanie getting a dose of reality and finding out what a boring turd Edward is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good tale. LP

BeBopper99BeBopper99about 2 years ago

5* The strangest story ever on LW.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Well-played. And very original. People are always complaining that there is never anything new on the site, just the same old ideas re-vamped. Well I've been reading the LW section for quite awhile and I've never seen a scenario were the husband announces his cheating, divorces the wife and then marries a prettier and richer woman. Enjoyed the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Skippy why do have so many problems?

You must to talk with Frasier.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Preposterous little ... I don't know what to call it-- it's not a story. Pass this by

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

There is hardly anything to laugh about these days, so your story fits perfectly. I really laughed heartily. Excellent theme with good characters. A huge mistake when you underestimate people! 5*!!!

straightshooter1958straightshooter1958about 2 years ago

Extrapolation of an old golfers joke, i.e. the one that ends (You LIAR! You played 18 holes didn't you!).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Yeah, her denial was a bit over the top, but only enough that this could have worked as humor. That was until the gun -- in a courtroom. Suspension of belief is generally necessary for most stories on this site, but there are limits. Unless this is supposed to take place pre-9/11, her being able to take a gun into a courthouse is over the limit. It was also a sudden change of her character.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

eh.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Nice one - just plausible; and entertaining.

Thank you

ribnitinribnitinabout 2 years ago

A good story that would have been better with proofreading

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another heaping helping of Skippy slop. 1*

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

It was cute at first, but then it became a one trick pony, and went from cute to tedious.

Whitney is far too over the top in her idiocy...I never made it past the pie in the face.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

I don’t care for cheaters, but this was a pretty good story anyway. Poor old regular guy Edward couldn’t convince his wife or friends that he was boinking a beautiful model. Like Whitney, I kept waiting for the joke’s punchline. Whitney just took him for granted too long and lost him.

MigbirdMigbirdabout 2 years ago

Interesting to read so many comments that applaud or object on “moral” grounds, while so few comment on the one dimensional characters and rather mundane/maybe humorous storyline. Simply plays to the crowd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Well

Normally, I would be going all Burn the Cheater mode. But, the cheater immediately admitted to it. The spouse not only didn't believe him, but took every chance to make it seem he was an undesirable piece of garbage.

Well any sympathy was forfeited after that. While she upped her game, she still showed little respect for her spouse. That made his decision all the more easier.

Great story of someone outsmarting herself and in the end earning her demise. Moral of the story? Treat your spouse like a treasure and not like garbage for it may be you that is disposed down the sink.

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 2 years ago

i almost thought this was going to be a Honey Pot. that over the top thing is what made it believable for me. i mean he would be too much of an asshole if her reaction wasnt the way it was

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

We are dumber for having read that

likeboblikebobabout 2 years ago

Please tell me this is a really poor attempt at humor.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I still don’t believe that ultra rich Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Stephanie Cox would go for an average Joe like Edward.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a distasteful submission. Two unrepentant cheaters and an arrogant harpie...who gives a shit about any of them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not your best story. The dude was a dick bag and got off free. So he felt disrespected. Then get a divorce first if that bad. But no he's just a piece of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Something totally different but I love it (jaybee186)

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Well, not as bad as some say but after having lives a story close to this I can understand the the attraction. I think you could have done a better job by making it a bit more humorous. I completely understand the disrespect shown by the wife. Women seem to reach a certain age, around 35, and find they need to know men, not just there husband, find them attractive. I do speak from experience that's what happened to me, c'est la vie. We did the divorce ourselves left the kids with me so she'd be free. Then I met a great woman, she got up tight a wanted the kids back and almost ruined my new marriage. This stories a bit different but close to real life, good job.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerabout 2 years ago

l had a wife just like that, l learned that if l told her the truth, she would never believe me. l would then tell different lies until she found a version she could believe. l would go to bed with a smile because l told her the truth. "well babe, l picked up a bottle of jack and a dancer and went to her place for 4 hours, 2 months with no pussy was too long for me. l don't know who you're saving it for it isn't that good"

DanDraperDanDraperabout 2 years ago

That was one crazy story. Got a little dark towards the end. I feel bad for Whitney, i was hoping for some kind if positive ending for her.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

A humorous storyline that's well done. I needed a smile today. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow I hate all the characters, non have redeeming qualities an all deserve each other. I do feel slightly for the blindsided wife (even though that’s her own doing) but the husband an new gf deserve nothing. He cheats an thinks he can come off as the good guy not happening

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

That was hilarious! I would have liked to know what drew Stephanie to him, likely something in high school, but still fun read. 5*

secretsalsecretsalabout 2 years ago

It was funny initially, but the piling on Whitney at the end got to be a little too much and dragged it down.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellabout 2 years ago

The wife is better off without him.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
A cheater

Is a cheater wither it is male or female.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This one had me feeling conflicted. On the one hand, I abhor a cheater, but on the other, comedy aside, there seemed to be something fundamentally dysfunctional going on with them. I do think they probably good have gone on and lived into their waning years with each other, but whether they would be happy, I can't really say.

mfbridgesmfbridgesabout 2 years ago

Pretty good story, it's not often that the cheaters come out looking better.

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

4 stars - just because he divorced the nasty skanky bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I was surprised things worked out for Edward.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

They both are proven cheaters. Lightening never strikes just once when it comes to infidelity. Hope neither of them is shocked when history repeats itself.

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Interesting tale.

It completely suspends the laws of human behavior.

Ego

Hubris

Entitlement

Stephanie was the cutest, most beautiful girl in school from the age of 6.

That comes with a LOT of baggage.

That's only one person.

The wife is just as disconnected from reality.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story, it was a bit different. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read this twice now. It is one of the most comical things I've read. Thanks. 5 stars.

rbloch66rbloch66over 1 year ago

Not sure if comedy was your intent, but there was no way I could see this story as a plausible scenario.

amyyumamyyumover 1 year ago

Incredibly stupid -- I LOVED IT; 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

And how did she get a gun into a courtroom?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Funny or not, the plot still rewards two cheaters. That's not cool. Three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Yuck. Imagine if the MC had been the wife and the aggrieved / disbelieving spouse was the husband. Ick.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This could have been OK if the wife was painted as evil and hateful. Edward comes across as the bad guy here and justice is NOT well served in the story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I half expected Stephanie to be in on a prank against Edward.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hmmmm 5 stars, loved it

but imo even tho Whitney was an absolute bitch I ended up feeling sorry for her. I'm glad Edward found the girl he's supposed to be with, Steph gave him the respect he deserved, but he didn't come out of it with a good look. The fact that Whitney became crazy enough to want to kill Steph proved she did love Ed considerably.

I'm glad the MC and Steph ended up together, but I think Whitney deserved her own happy ending. She was a bitch, but she was faithful.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Whitney was obviously very mentally ill. Confirmed by pulling a gun at the end there, not that we needed such explicit confirmation, but there it was anyway. Of course it's a very handwavy sort of way to explain how such a ridiculous character exists in a story. I hope she gets the help she so desperately needs.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright3 months ago

Sounds like she's gonna get all fat now. Bummer

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Sorry…I can’t hold any sympathy for a cheater. The MC was a dick.

AnonymousAnonymous6 days ago

Go straight to gaol. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200.

There is no excuse for cheating. The MC was not only an ass, but from everyone's perspective except Stephanie's, he was also a door stop. Besides her own low moral ethics, Stephanie must have some kind of mental imbalance. Good luck with that relationship.

Was it meant to be humorous?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous