Lily's Playlist Pt. 02

Story Info
Coming Home.
2.2k words
4.47
2.9k
2
Story does not have any tags

Part 2 of the 26 part series

Updated 06/11/2023
Created 07/08/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I spent the rest of my weekend getting settled into Rocky's house. It didn't take much; we lived in the house together during my graduate years. She saved up and bought the house a year after she graduated from Baylor. She works for a realtor company as a loan officer and got a great deal on a foreclosed house. When I graduated a year later, I moved in with her, paid rent and helped with the renovations.

The house was pretty much the same, besides the addition of a flat screen, new furniture and gaming system, all courtesy of Brandon, Ethan's little brother and now Rocky's boyfriend. They've been together for a year but he moved in after they dated 8 months. I was surprised but thrilled when I found out they were dating. Now, I was hiding out in my room, trying to avoid him. He was okay with me moving in; we always had fun together when Ethan and I were hooking up. I was excited at the prospect of us all hanging out again. That was before I realized how upset Brandon had been with me. I wasn't looking forward to anymore awkward conversations.

I was able to avoid Brandon by preparing for my interview, looking into apartments and connecting with old friends. I was in my room Sunday getting ready to go to Dave and Busters. I worked there as a bartender while I was in graduate school. It was definitely the hang out spot for my friends. We played games, watched sports, and scored discounted drinks. My friend Sammy still worked there. I was going to watch the Mavericks play the Spurs and catch up with her.

I was brushing my hair and putting it into a side low ponytail when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in!" I called. I looked up, startled to see Brandon standing at the door. He was a few inches shorter than Ethan and had a boyish charm versus Ethan's mature masculinity. His charm was on full display as he grinned at me.

"Hey. How's it going?"

"Good, just getting ready to head out." I answered, grabbing my purse.

"Oh."

"Did you need something?" I asked, trying to be cool and casual.

"Yeah, I wanted to talk to you."

I groaned inwardly. "Well, I have some time before I have to go-"

"That's what I wanted to talk to you about. I feel like you're avoiding me." He said, still standing outside the door.

I focused on finding my keys in my bag. "I've been busy..."

"Yeah, avoiding me." He smiled. His smile reminded me of Ethan's and I relaxed.

"You got me. It's just so awkward, on so many levels. As Rocky's boyfriend, Ethan's brother, EJ's uncle." I smiled on the last one.

"I'm sure that me being Rocky's boyfriend is why it's awkward between us now."

"She told you?"

"That I might have called you bitchy?"

"Oh no, she said bitch." I clarified, smartly.

"Does it make a difference?"

"Big difference! Huge!"

He laughed and finally came in the room and flopped down on the bed with me.

"Well whatever I said, it was about a girl that hurt my brother. Not the girl who is Rocky's best friend and especially not about our new roomy."

I smiled. "Roomy? Don't say roomy. That sounds like we're sharing a dorm room. Say housemate."

"Roomy. I'm gonna speak it to existence, even if it's just for a night." He teased.

"Perv!" I laughed, playfully shoving him before hopping off the bed.

"Hey Lily?"

"Yeah?" I responded, turning to face him.

"I'm sorry. I mean, I said I didn't want to be in the middle of you two, but I was. For me and Rocky's relationship, we're staying out of you and Ethan's. Just know that I'm rooting for you." He winked.

"Thanks Brandon." I said, before giving him a hug.

***Flashback****

February 2012

"Hey! You made it! Happy Singles Awareness Day!" I said, cheerfully as Ethan came up to the bar. He gave me a nod before sitting at a bar stool. I finished making two vodka sours and delivered them to my customers before turning my attention back to Ethan.

"I did. I thought it would be more crowded." He commented, looking around.

I shrugged, mixing him a drink. "Most women don't wanna come to an arcade for Valentine's day. This weekend will be full of teens and singles, so I'm enjoying the peace while I can." I explained to him, handing him a drink.

He looked at it. "What is this?"

"It's called the Good Riddance."

He cocked an eyebrow at me before taking a sip. He sputtered before swallowing. "That's awful."

I laughed. "It's beer and lemonade. You said you don't drink and you're driving..."

"Couldn't just get me a beer?" He asked, with a smirk.

"No, I needed something mixed so I can name it and it can be symbolic; let go of the drama and bullshit and everything else and just have fun." I smiled.

He nodded. "I can do that."

"Cool. Your brother is already here." I walked away to take another order. After fulfilling it, I walked back to Ethan.

"Where is your boyfriend taking you for Valentine's?" He asked me.

"No boyfriend." I blushed, looking down.

"I thought that guy, the one at your house-" He started.

"Trevor is just a friend." I cut him off, quickly, not wanting to go down that road. For as long as I wanted Trevor to be my boyfriend in college, it never happened. He was one of my closest friends now because I finally let go of my feelings for him.

"Ok...so where would you want your boyfriend to take you?"

"Here would be cool." I answered.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I'm a huge kid. That's the reason EJ and I get along so well." I said.

"One of the reasons." He said, giving me a sexy smile. I noticed how dark his brown eyes are; like melted chocolate. The way he was studying me made me flush.

"I gotta get back to work." I replied, busying myself.

"Alright. Make sure you find me during your break. We can play a game."

I smiled and nodded.

***Present***

"Sammy!!!"

"Lily!!!"

Walking into Dave and Buster's that night filled me with nostalgia. I can't help but remember the first time Ethan and I hung out together without EJ. I automatically walked to the lower section to the huge bar and found Sammy immediately. We ran to each other like lost lovers. As I hugged her, I noticed how much she's changed. Her hair was cut in a bob with chunky red streaks that looked good with her naturally tanned skin due to her Mexican heritage. She was wearing black slacks and a black uniform shirt.

"Ohmigosh Lily you look so good!"

"So do you" I gushed.

"I look the same. You look amazing. I almost didn't recognize you!"

We laughed and made our way to the bar. I greeted everyone I knew from working here before. After I hugged my old assistant general manager, I settled down with Sammy. She told me about the job, her apartment and caught me up on her family. I told her about my upcoming job interview and apartment hunting. We planned on getting the old gang back together; at least everyone in driving distance.

"You think Trevor will come?" She asked, slyly.

I sighed. Trevor and Sammy started hooking up before I left for California. I don't know how serious it got. Trevor and I didn't speak much while I was in California, and never about relationships. I had no idea what happened or why they broke it off. Truthfully, I didn't care to know.

"I don't know, but I definitely will be inviting him." I answered honestly.

"Ok. I'm fine with that. Just wanted a heads up."

"Sammy! I need you at the bar." A young women yelled from across the bar.

"Urgh," Sammy sighed, "You do know if that job doesn't come through, you have one here, right?"

I laughed. "I'll keep that in mind"

I hung around to watch her work and the Mavericks lose the series. After the game ended, I said goodbye to everyone and left.

--------------------------------------------

My mother is part Dominican, but my biological father has never been determined. Considering I was born in California and loved Mexican food, who knows, maybe my father is Mexican. Regardless, it was Cinco de Mayo and I was celebrating and thanking my new housemates by having dinner ready when they came home.

Rocky got off around 5 pm every day. Brandon was an executive at Target so his hours varied, but he opened this morning so he would be home around 4.

I headed to the grocery store. I bought ingredients for chicken enchiladas, the fixings for queso, pico de gallo and guacamole and chips. The last stop before heading home was the liquor store. I bought Dos Equis, margarita mixer and tequila.

After hauling in all my groceries, I got started on dinner. I was putting the enchiladas in the oven and singing and dancing to Pitbull (I know he's Cuban!) when Brandon entered the kitchen.

"Hola! Como Estas?!" I greeted him warmly.

"Mas o menos. Y tu?" He said, sitting down at the table in the breakfast nook.

"Muy bien! Tienes hambre?" I asked, pulling out two beers.

"Uh... that's the extent of my Spanish, besides curse words and "bend over"." He admitted, grinning, as I slid a lime in the top of his beer bottle.

"Ay Papi!" I groaned, shaking my head and handing him a beer.

"Just kidding. I'm starving"

I swatted him on the head, before setting out the chips, pico, queso and guacamole in front of him. He pulled out his phone and started taking pictures of the food.

"Dig in. Enchiladas and margaritas will be served as soon as Rocky gets home" I smiled.

"Where did you get the enchiladas from?" He asked, excitedly, filling a plate with chips and dip.

"I made them." I said, proudly. He gave me a funny look, which I chose to ignore.

When Rocky got home, she was nowhere near as subtle.

"Lily, I love you. It smells amazing, but I can't afford to miss any work from food poisoning." She said, eying me distrustfully. Brandon burst out laughing.

"Fine, I'll eat." I rolled my eyes and piled a plate with two enchiladas and pico. I grabbed a margarita and sat at the table. As I ate, I moaned and groaned with every bite. Brandon caved in first and made his plate and Rocky eventually did the same. After eating, Brandon raved while Rocky said "ask me in a couple hours."

I laughed and cleaned the kitchen, refusing their help. When I finally finished and checked my phone, I saw I had new Facebook notifications. I'm not a Facebook junkie. I hardly posted things on Facebook, even while in college. Partially because I never have anything too exciting to share and I didn't want my dad to know my every move. I did use it to keep up with my friends. I saw that Brandon tagged me and Rocky in a post hours ago. He had pictures of the food, margaritas and the beer I sat out for him.

It read:

Happy Cinco de Mayo to me! This is what I came home to! #HappyCincoDeMayo #MuyBien #StayThirstyMyFriends

I laughed to myself as I noticed it already had a ton of likes and comments. Most of them said Happy Cinco de Mayo and how lucky he is. I saw that Ethan commented while I was cleaning the kitchen.

Ethan: Looks good. Rocky did a great job

Brandon corrected him immediately.

Brandon: Naw, Lily cooked today

Trevor commented after that.

Trevor: Is everyone ok? No fires? Or E.R. trips?

Rocky responded 5 minutes ago.

Rocky: Nope. I filled up on chips because I wanted to make sure the enchiladas were ok. Going back for seconds now.

I immediately typed a reply

Me: Y'all are cold-blooded. Sitting here talking about me while I cleaned the kitchen 🤦‍♀️

Brandon: Lol. Not me. You're the best roomy ever! #RoomyLove

Me: What did I tell you about calling me your roomy? We are NOT sharing a room

Brandon: Let's make it happen! #MyGirlGottaGirlfriend

The responses came instantaneously after his comment.

Trevor: LMAO💋👭💋

Me: Gross

Rocky: Not happening

Jake (random friend of Brandon's): I won't believe it unless there's a film

Sammy: 👀

I changed into some workout clothes and get ready to go for a jog. When I stepped into the living room, I heard Rocky laughing and saw Brandon shaking his head.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Check your Facebook" Rocky said, between laughs. I did and saw Brandon's and Ethan's dad responded to the post.

Albert Carter: What's gross/weird about that? Your mom has girlfriends.

I laughed with Rocky.

Then Brandon responded to his dad

Brandon: Thanks dad. You just killed it.

Albert Carter: Good. Next time think about what you want to post for the world to see.

Rocky and I both liked his comment, while making fun of Brandon. It felt like old times. I officially felt like I was back home.