All Comments on 'Lindy's Retreat'

by PickFiction

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 3 years ago

Beautiful story that’s wonderfully written.

PrfsrPrfsrabout 3 years ago

It is wonderful to have story centered in Central Ohio! Good incorporation without being too obvious.

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 3 years ago

I really loved this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Started out okay, then lost the spark. Three stars for the effort.

OneAuthorOneAuthorabout 3 years ago
Excellent

Another amazing story from PickFiction, and worthy of more than the 5 stars I've given it. :)

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 3 years ago

Great to see another story from you! :)

rogie717rogie717about 3 years ago
Nice work

I just wanted to tell you I really enjoyed this story. OUTSTANDING

mitchawamitchawaabout 3 years ago

I'm from AhiA, am familiar with Denison. My grandfather and I went to the Little Brown Jug for several years. I have three degrees from OSU, but I left a long time ago. Enough autobiography. You are a superb writer with an interesting hook, a fascinating plot, excellent character development, dialogue both internal and external were on the money, the love interests intersected with meaning, and the developing relationship kept the story moving, the intimate scene executed with style, and the conclusion was in keeping with the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
BORING

Not just boring but banal as well

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 3 years ago
Satisfying

i can't understand why one comment used the word banal. One of us certainly doesn't know what the word means. I think it is trite, simplistic and somewhat contemptuous. This story doesn't fit any of those. It does bring us into the world of people who have burnt themselves out, even at age 35. They want something simpler in their life with less pressure and more enjoyable segments. Maybe Lindy can't do this for long and Zack may end up hurt or at least disappointed, but why can't someone find something in life that makes them happy, even if it is temporary. I'll admit that the picture of Lindy spending the next 30 or 40 years with someone as unsophisticated as Zack is a stretch, but, what the hell this is fantasyland so why not? 5* for a little temporary glow.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
pleasant

Nice characters but it felt a bit contrived. Over-fawning Dale and her angst about him, etc. I like character development but it just didn't quite do it for me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
WHAT?

Overcritical gave this 5*?

Consider yourself lucky. Usually you get 3* and he complains about “fantasyland.” Now you get 5* and he embraces “fantasyland.” Either he is losing it or you have paid him off.

Buzzard61Buzzard61about 3 years ago
Thank you

I just really enjoyed the story.

5*****

flareb2343flareb2343over 2 years ago
HANGING

just like Coaster 2 leaves the story hanging

squareybobsquareybobabout 2 years ago

Delightful, sexy, and sweet. Well done!

BigjohnpBigjohnpabout 1 year ago

That was a great story love the romance, and how they fell in love continue with things happy story.

MarrttyMarrtty3 months ago

Your romance stories are great. I really enjoy your work.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous