Lisa's Husband

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Trey's smile suddenly got much bigger. "And what did he say?"

"He said it would give me something to talk about with my guests. Honey, at the end of the season, I'm home and you're going to be stuck with me for the rest of our lives. Now, I have a bottle of champagne chilling in the fridge and about five or six birth control pills left. I know you're not much for reruns, but I thought you might like to recreate that toast we made a few years ago.

Epilogue:

It took Trey three months before opening the doors to his studio. In addition to renting the building and moving in all the equipment, there were business cards to get, a website to develop, insurance, a business license and the all-important tax accountant to find.

On day one, Trey called Walter Abrams who was standing by with a couple of test shoots. In addition, Britney, professor Watts, and even Gerry Newman, were all spreading the news about the creative, young photographer who just opened a new studio in Chicago.

While he was busy with all that, Lisa had already started working with network executives and a slew of writers and investigators to develop her show. It was a busy time for both of them, but it was a labor of love, and what was more important, they got to go home to each other every night.

On the eve of Lisa's show airing, Trey came home with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. "I'm sorry, honey," she said. "I'll have to celebrate with something else." He was a little confused until she showed him a home pregnancy test with, "YES," spelled out in glorious bright green letters.

Just as everyone predicted in college, Trey and Lisa was a match made in heaven. Lisa became a household word in some circles, it wasn't a very nice word in the household of some dirty politicians, but she was known and respected as a news journalist that didn't stop until the story was told.

Her counterpart wasn't quite as well known with the masses but was very well known and highly respected in his own field.

Together they raised two wonder boys and one feminine angel to adulthood. Cary, the oldest boy, took over his dad's commercial photography business when Trey retired and was making his own mark.

Looking back on a lifetime of happiness, they both sat in the porch swing of their recently purchased summer home, talking. Trey had his arm around his beautiful bride as she laid her head on his shoulder. "Have you ever wondered what part fate plays in people's lives," he asked pensively.

"Ah, no, I can't say I've given it a lot of thought, why?"

"I don't know. I know successful people like to claim that they made their own fate, but there are definitely moments that can change the course of person's life. Hell, change the course of history. Look at Elvis. What would rock and roll be today if he hadn't stopped in at Sun Records to record that song for his mother?"

"I don't know, honey. I never thought about it," Lisa chuckled. "Where is all this coming from?"

"I was just looking back at our lives, trying to figure out if there was one moment that set us on our course. For a while we had some contentious periods. At the time, I was worried that we might not make it."

"Yeah," she agreed. "Me going to New York was probably the dumbest thing I've ever done. For almost a year we lived apart like that."

"Yeah, but if you think about it, everything that led up our careers happened during that time."

She looked at him a little strangely. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I doubt very much that I would have given Britney two seconds if we had been living together when she asked me to do that shoot. I knew how much you hated her and I don't think there's any way I would have worked with her if I had to come home and face you every night. I would have just felt too guilty.

"And there's no way the network would have given you your own show if you hadn't gone to New York. Yup, if I had to come up with a moment...one instant in time that set our course, I think it would be when you turned around and hit the guy who was trying to assassinate the Pope. I really believe we have what we have today because of your bravery, my hero."

"Ah, honey; about that..."

The end.

1...456789