All Comments on 'Lisa's Husband'

by laptopwriter

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Really good story.

I don't know how it could have been better or fit the theme any more. Great job, Randi.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The writing is

fluent, but the plotting is predictable and facile. Unfortunately, not worth 9 pages.

mordbrandmordbrandover 4 years ago
Life is what happens

To us while we are making other plans. 5*

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
About that...

Honey I fucked the cuks and the sluts who read these stories for kicks are upset with you. But I liked it. For a while I thought you were going to have the wife cheating in New York.

breville1breville1over 4 years ago
A story of young lives.....

Nice.....I can identify with the characters' issues of career and life (I'm sure many can)....the one more successful tends to be more self righteous and loud and the "WE" in his/her life becomes a simple "we".....and always glad to see a happy ending!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Plot hole

Lisa never gave Trey a chance to tell her about the Britney shoot. I can’t see if she ever found out.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

It was okay, but lacked any real emotional punch. Lisa lost respect for him and became obsessed with her career, but aside from one argument, they just kind of drifted along. At least she didn't cheat on him, although she treated him badly for years.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

Only on Page 3, but can see where this is going. He doesn't tell her that he gave up his dream for her, then when she gets big, doesn't appreciate what he gave up.

Obviously he should have told her. Yes, she might feel a little guilty, but there's nothing wrong with letting someone know that career success is meaningless without your love by your side.

"Honey, I told you, I'm not looking for a job with a newspaper." - That may be, but when you need a job you can't be picky, and at least it's in his field. It's not like he'll be flipping burgers. He can still work on developing, no pun intended, his studio work.

"usually ended with Trey making a small concession of some kind" - Only Trey made concessions? That can't bode well!

"After all, he was still stuck on a small daily newspaper while her career was flourishing." - Maybe not in a nasty way, YET, but the seeds of belittling him have been planted.

When he found the pills might have been a good time to tell her that SHE was more important than his career dreams, and it's too bad she didn't feel the same way.

"That was incredible. She's a hero!" - An accidental hero, caused by her fucking up.

Funny, when it was HIS dream, New York was out of the picture, now that it's hers, NOT going to New York is out of the picture.

"Why didn't you tell me you won photographer of the year?" - When did you ask?

"if you didn't go because I asked you not to, you'd always wonder what if, and eventually you'd resent me for holding you back." - Why? You don't resent her for holding you back.

"She was so wrapped up with telling him about all the interesting people she was lining up to interview, he couldn't get a word in edgewise." - STILL no concern about HIS career.

"He came up with ideas that stunned the ad execs as well as the client." - Doubtful,

"Lisa was on her way to interview Gerry Newman" - Oh, boy! She's gonna find out that Trey gave up his dream for her!

"What does it mean then when somebody doesn't get the job they've wanted all their life?" - It means that someone else was better, not that he wasn't good enough.

Okay, five stars, and I'm a sucker for a happy ending, but I would have walked when she dropped the New York bomb on him. Besides being the 2nd major decision (going back on the Pill being the first) she made, he should have told her that HE passed on his dream for her.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 4 years ago
Very sweet!

And very enjoyable! 5*

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchover 4 years ago
Lappy, you are an EPIC writer and the telling of the tale was 5 star all they way.

I am grateful you wrote a story where the wife comes to her senses, but I don't know that reconciliation is plausible.

This story touches on Grand aspects of the human condition. One is the consideration of is a wrong committed due to character flaw, or is it a one off error.

I don't know if a person as selfish and Inconsiderate as her would change. I think he was ill advised to not divorce her when she even mentioned moving to NYC.

Three of my subcultures place a higher than mainstream value on loyalty, and also a high value on not being conceited.

Her character seemed too full of those flaws. Still a great story and thanks for writing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
It’s Actually a Love ❤️ Story!!!

And I ABSOLUTELY.... freakin 💕 loved it!! It’s Perfect !! One of the best stories ever written on this site. 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 🌟 case for 6 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Five

I do not give fives. Do not stop writing ever.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
9 pages toooo long...

....but it was a good story, I enjoyed it...thank you

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
Loved the Writing

But the story was pretty silly; she was forever the horrible wife and he was eternally the almost saintly husband. Very little of the tale matched the setup. Still, I stuck it out until the end...it was a fun ride I suppose.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wonderful story

I'm surprised that you didn't get more comments.

Boyd Percy

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A five star effort, but I gave it four stars.

I simply didn't believe their marriage survived her second fuckup when she moves to New York without consulting him. He does all the sacrificing in their relationship. It was simply too one sided on her part. No man puts up with her crap for that long. I'm not sure that this was a good fit for the theme. I don't see her as being seduced by power. Merely driven by selfishness. Well written story, but not perfect. Thanks for the effort.

4 stars

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 4 years ago
I was certain this would end badly

But the happy ending was just about plausible but depended on Lisa remaining strong in NY for the whole of that year. Enjoyed the little confessional at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
sbrooks said it

Those were my thoughts as well. I would have told he I was offered the job but turned it down because of our plans for chicago tribune for her, kids for us near grand parents. If and when her other opportunity came up I would gladly throw it in her face. If she insisted I would ask why we no longer were on same page? If the Pill came into play then that is a major breaking point.

This was more loving husband than loving wife. I didn't see or feel much love from her and as far as women in power I didn't see that. I saw a selfish woman and a wimp husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great story

Only reason I didn’t give it a five was I like a little serpent somewhere in the marriage to stir up trouble between them. Maybe not outright sexual cheating but enough action to warrant a little heartache. Keep up the good work

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 4 years ago
Sweet story, LTW

Deserves to be .4 higher. You nailed this one. Thanks for writing, Randi.

jakie1jakie1over 4 years ago
Very Nice!

Excellent story of the trials and tribulations a a couple in love.

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 4 years ago

That was fantastic. True love, fate, heroes ...wait, you're missing a six fingered man.

Seriously, one of your best - and that's saying a lot.

Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
What a nice story!

This was fun from the start. Loving wives or romance could be home for this wonderful story! Great job! Easily worth 5 *****s

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
Beautifully Done

When married young, and especially with two people with careers, ambitions, minds of their own, they're going to have periods where they need to discover themselves and how that fits into the relationship.

It could have easily been that Trey decided what was most important for him was his ambition and career and she could have come to that conclusion herself later. Neither would have made them a bad person. Just having different priorities. In the end they both realized their primary priority was one other and were able to make compromises in the other main areas of their lives.

Beautifully told story.

johnadpjohnadpover 4 years ago
For Those Being Hard On The Wife

When reading the story I felt she was being a little pushy. But reverse things. How often have women gone along and made major sacrifices, because of the husband's career decisions.

It's one thing when both of you are making pretty much equal income, you can kibosh on the move because of the other's career. But the opportunity the wife got in the story is a very unique one, and she was likely making 5-10 times, if not more, than what he was making. Can you imagine a wife telling a great basketball player he cannot play in the NBA because of all the traveling and she doesn't want to live in Atlanta or Minnesota? What basketball player would do that? The opportunity she got was as unique.

But then again I would have likely gone to NYC when I had the opportunity to chase my dream if I was Trey. You get one or two real shots in life to even have a chance to accomplish your dreams, if that. If you know how to love and have shit going for you, you can fall in love many times. Those hitting the big leagues in life are one in a million. His and Her odds of finding another compatible mate were significantly higher than that, especially for a male.

Don't misunderstand me. I'm glad how the story turned out and they were portrayed as a great couple together and it turned out well, because they each had to mute their ambitions. But you know what, the names remembered in history have been not of great wives and husbands. They've been of people with laser focus on their ambitions. Trey choosing to not go to NYC the first time around, and Lisa choosing to come back to Chicago didn't make them better human beings. They both discovered that's ultimately what made them happy and what they wanted. If they chose otherwise, in my opinion, they would have been as good of people, just with different priorities.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 4 years ago
You nailed another one

This old news photographer enjoyed it. 5*!

Hooked

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great work of art

A talented writer. One of the best. A great story teller. A super star for this site. 10 ⭐️.stars .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Another cute one. Guess this is all lovey dovey feel good time in Loving Wives.

Hey, works for me. Loving faithful committed couples, or some guy slurping her bull's cum from his wife's pussy? Gee, which one is more enjoyable, edifying, and frankly, realistic?

Thanks for showing us one version of a life well lived, with no one regretting the other's success.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 4 years ago
Anyone who reads this to the end

and doesn't lean back and smile has a hole in their soul. You hit it out of the park, LTW.

GrrrilaGrrrilaover 4 years ago
Wonderful read

Totally enjoyed that 5*

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
Hate to be picky... ok I don’t hate it, but I think I’ll be publicly chastised for it, because you are a favorite writer here, so am dreading that, but...

... your use of crocodile tears is incorrect. “Crocodile tears” implies a fake or false showing of grief, exactly the opposite of your use here. Here you say, “...crocodile tears that broke free and ran down her cheeks. It was the first real sign of sadness...” which, I think your mean, was genuine grief she was feeling. So in essence your are saying in one sentence she was was just faking her sadness, and in the very next sentence you say she is genuinely sad.

Just recently I read another story here (though I can’t remember the title or author) that did the exact same thing. I didn’t comment there as I thought it was a minor mistake, but this second instance of seeing this error goaded me because I don’t want this to get common — a word or phrase whose meaning gets oppositely used/misused so often by the public it actually takes on the opposites meaning (even being recognized by such in some dictionaries). Like the meaning of the word “moot”, which originally meant something WAS arguably or up for debate, but somehow has become to mean was NOT arguable, i.e. it was fait accompli.

END RANT

OTHERWISE — terrific story. Loved it, and it fit the category/challenge perfectly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

I agree with the comment about the crocodile tears because I was assuming she wasn't actually taking it. However based on her behavior I couldn't say for certain.

This seems like a one sided love story to me. Trey was the only one who sacrificed and was concerned about how Lisa felt. Lisa on the other continuously did what she wanted, when she wanted, without communication or thought of Trey's feelings. She even made a unilateral decision in coming back to Chicago without discussion all the while claiming she loved him.

Clearly she doesn't love and respect him like a spouse should. Trey was never the real priority. Trey on the other hand did just about everything in terms of how it would affect Lisa.

I didn't like that he drew a red line after the first incident, and then the first time she crossed it he didn't follow through. All that does is provide the message that her behavior was accepted. This happens with kids as well.

And she never told him about the real incident? Yeah that's love and respect right there.

Lisa isn't even a likable character. There is no evidence of why Trey would love her. She didn't respect him, continually made major decisions that affected both of them with out discussion, lied to him, and left him for a job. She is described as doing next to nothing for him except for being pretty and having sex with Trey. Again, what is likable about her?

I feel sorry for those think this is a story about a woman who loves her man or for those feel a one sided marriage is acceptable. This seems instead to be a story about how many lumps a man can take from the woman he loves in a one sided marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ah the Chicago Tribute

Interesting you referred to the main city newspaper as the Tribute. I guess it's based in the Tribute Tower at 121 N. La Salle St, also known as the Chicago City Hall, in the same building as the Cook County Administration, two of the most corrupt governmental entities in existence, where tributes are never turned down!

Just sayin'

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
@johnadp

It's not about making sacrifices, it's the fact that she unilaterally made the decision, not giving him the chance to make the sacrifice or not.

I think the story turned on two key points: 1) When he didn't tell her he got his dream job, but was turning it down for her. Knowing that SHOULD have given her more respect for the work he DID do, and MAYBE give more thought to following her dream, especially where it wasn't even her dream! She actually abandoned her own dream to chase fame. 2) Her unilateral decision to go back on the pill. IF she had discussed it with him, he likely would have agreed, if sadly, because having a baby or not is ultimately her decision anyway.

stev2244stev2244over 4 years ago

Great, moving and entertaining read, easy 5*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Trey!!!!

I don't think we were supposed to like Lisa. The story was "Lisa's Husband". Great guy in a great story. You and your laptop turned out one of, if not the best of this writing experience.

detroitdave

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 4 years ago
Outstanding Story

A great story about life and living. Thoroughly enjoyable read.

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
loved it

its refreshing to read about a troubled marriage that didnt have cheating. oh i know theres stories here thats like that but very few and far between. ur's and hdk's stories for this event made a good LW stories without it anyway ty for the read

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 4 years ago
Excellent

Johnadep was pretty close to my thoughts. Yeah ideally you talk everything over and agree, but sometimes you don’t agree. You have to decide if it’s irreconcilable differences, and who sacrifices. These two did a broken field run through marriage shaking events, it had a ring of plausibility.

6 stars if I could

Chilleywilley

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 4 years ago
Stayed true to characters

I thought this was going to go dark in several places but stayed true to the characters as shown in the beginning. I have to agree with the below comments on a refreshing story and outstanding writing. Yes, definitely 5 star all the way. I didn’t think the storyline would be that good. I was all set to skim if it went like my thinking but hoped for better. I was NOT disappointed to read every word. Well done and definitely achieved the invitational but in a good way or best way to my thinking.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
one part bugs me a lot

her making decisions unilaterally without his say is a yellow flag.

but when he didn't tell her about the opportunity he turned down, her reaction was HER fault. She tried to make it his fault, but that was HER reaction. She's that shallow a person. That's just who she is. Her trying to pass the buck to her husband isn't an excuse. That's some gas-lighting nonsense right there. That's actually a red flag, not a yellow one.

I understand women are biologically designed to be more shallow than men. But that's still something to be over-come. Men over-come their desire to breed every pretty thing cuz marriage is important. Women should be taught to stop being such petty things when it comes to respect. Respect isn't something that needs come from a big swinging status, it can also be mutual companionship. Respect is built on a lot of things. Honesty, communication, loyalty, kindness, and other traits. Not just a big salary. If men can value a woman for all the qualities he can find in a best male friend, and not just the sex and breeding she provides him.....she can respect him for more than the status he can provide her.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Yeah

Damn good story.

Nit pick-if you are close enough to hit the shooter, all you hear is a big bang. I can live with that. Still a helluva story

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
Excellent story!

You kept tht tension up the whole way thru the tale, exp with them not telling each other about key parts of their life, saving it for "surprises", etc.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Favorite

My favorite in a group of outstanding stories. I liked all these characters, even if Lisa's ambition and thirst for fame did provide the conflict. Trey stayed true to his nature all the way through. Even the early villain, Brittany, turned out to be a good person. The director and producer of the perfume shoot were the only bad guys and they went down hard. Great story of a couple who survive a rough spot to save a strong.marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
8/19/19

...was a great day in the history of Literotica and the Loving Wives category.

This stellar story and the equally (or more) fantabulous The Dark Side by Longhorn_07 came out on this same, therefore noteworthy, day. Both 9 pages long, and both worthy of that length, requiring very little skipping/skimming. Also, although different, there was similarity in the resolution.

Commenters have railed on and analyzed the lopsidedness of the marriage, including its basis in Lisa's character flaws. Agreed. I would, however, point out that during a year (?) in New York, Lisa did not cheat on Trey, plus apparently was not seriously tempted (in spite of being in Loving Wives category!). This is consonant with the title. Trey is the strong one, whose love, sacrifice, and restraint, along with the fate that Trey so aptly recognized, eventually won the day. (Although I began to wonder if he should give up on [partially] self centered Lisa and see what might happen with the now taken-down-a-notch Britney, the hottie of their college class. But, it's better that Lisa came to her senses.

I think.)

This story is reminiscent of The Six O'clock News Slot by FrancisMacomber, where tension/disharmony also came from television fame, but with a very different outcome.

Thanks to laptopwriter for improving Literotica, and the Loving Wives genre in particular.

Paul in Oklahoma

BigGuy33BigGuy33over 4 years ago
Brilliant!

'nuff said.

OnethirdOnethirdover 4 years ago
Little things

Great story. Thought everything was going to hell in a hand basket, but then you pulled it out and tied it up with a pretty bow. I’m a sucker for happy endings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The easiest...

...five stars I've ever given. Just a great, happy story with admirable characters. I loved it and hated it to end. I'll go right to do a search for this writer's other oeuvres.

BillandKateBillandKateover 4 years ago
The Best Compliment We Can Give...

..is we wish we had written this one. Gave us a smile and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very sweet ending. Thanks for the 5* tale.

KRD19254KRD19254over 4 years ago

This was one of your usual good stories but I see it as a 'Romance' and not a L-LW. Or I missed the BTB/RAAC/cheating/revenge typical of a L-LW - I saw plenty of opportunities for this relationship to go off the rails. The L-LW guru's are sure hard to get good ratings from.

Thanks for a nice story full of an almost drama - salute, solid 5*!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Indeed it really is the wrong category, it should be under romance

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
too long

Too long

DFWBeastDFWBeastover 4 years ago
Very very nice!

Thanks LTW! Wonderful story of love and sacrifice.

Killian

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Disagree

Disagree with the ending.Whilst we all love happy ever after endings this shouldn't have been one.It was all about her.She stopped him going to New York but she went,shit on the Chicago Tribute who gave her the break and went back on the pill without telling him.He should have told her to choose,his awards night or Rome and we all know what her choice would be.Therefore he should have dumped the selfish bitch.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 4 years ago
Great story for the topic

It was a bit long and drawn out for an LW story but it flowed well. I am sure it disappointed some because it lacked the illicit affairs and cheating most come here for. But bottom line - well done.

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Wonderful

Ok this a great story and the ending was superb, 5 stars.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 4 years ago
Read it again

Still a damn good story but she really was a self centered cunt wasn't she

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 4 years ago
She's damned lucky...

Instead of opting to just stay and follow the path he'd decided was most important to him - family - he could just as easily have decided to divorce her when she made that "just one more her-only" decision...

Though got to consider she has her nerve getting on his case for not telling her about the awards (which were so unimportant to her she never thought to ask), for moving to New York (after being so set against it when it was his choice), and being angry about him turning down that photographer's offer (when she'd already made it clear that would likely be a case of the job or her)...

I'm ok with the ending though - nice to have selfish without being totally stupid.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
It's kind of a nice change of pace

to read a story that doesn't try to throw in completely unrealistic twists and turns that are completely out of character for the characters in the story for nothing but shock value. For instance, moral high ground wives and husbands who have spent their whole lives believing a certain "moral code" and in a split second take a tumble and fall from grace just to make them the "bad guy" of the story.

The characters were mostly likable but the wife was the toughest to relate to or like. She seemed to lack a certain amount of integrity, both personal and professional. Her meteoric rise to fame was a bit contrived and overly silly in some parts.

Good story though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Happy

The author has given the story a happy ending,but the fact his Trey should have divorced her when she said she was going to New York.With her selfish attitude there is no way their marriage would last.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Well written

but saccharine Hallmark Movie material

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I Don't Think I Have Read

A LW story with as many positive comments by well know Lit authors as this one has. As a lowly Anon, who am I to disagree. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great story

I understand that this website has mostly postings from authors about cheating, adultery, BTB, and the list goes on. Here finally a story without cheating, heart break or delusional mind set that swapping or sharing will make a marriage or any relationship stronger. Finally a heart felt down to earth story about life. How a couple, married and starting out on career paths and the struggles in the process. I gave 5 stars. There should be a category for stories like this. Great story from start to finish.

calflashcalflashover 4 years ago
It`s nice

To read a story without all the exaggerated sex. A story of hard decisions that make you wonder how they made it through all that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

A good story without a lot of cheating and sex.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Finally

A true Loving Wife story, and interesting enough to keep you reading.

So all you authors that cannot write anything else but cucking or sharing or swinging, this is how you write A PROPER LOVING WIFE story .

Thank you for a great story....my first ever favourite and only the 3rd 5* I have ever given

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I’m with jj

Nice to see someone write a loving wives story that’s not a BTB story.

Good job, thank you. KS

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Loved this

Thank you.

Ever notice that when a story is good, the comments are shorter? That's because a good story speaks for itself, and a bad one pisses people off so much, that they need to vent.

Good job.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

A brilliant story by a fantastic author,. I would have expected nothing less.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Great

Very good story. I was expecting one of the two to cheat for the whole story!!! Refreshing to read about faithful spouses in an LW story...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I was actually rooting for a divorce

Lisa really acted like a bitch, when she verbally assaulted Trey for never telling her that he turned down the job. He should have had more of a spine and talked back instead of bending over.

Her looking down on him was her personality flaw, not his. There could indeed be many reasons for an employer picking someone else, it's often not down to skill alone.

Anyone not a spoiled princess would know that.

throughout the whole story I kept hoping that Trey would say enough is enough, and find a less selfish wife that could truly respect him.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 4 years ago
Great Storey

I am a retired corporate aircraft mechanic. My wife is a retired registered nurse, primarily OB/GYN-Labor and delivery. She also has done some home health nursing. I got an offer to go with a major oil company in Houston, Tx. She dropped her career ,and we moved, from the Northeast to Texas. 39 years ago. But if she had said no, I'd still be at EWR, working for the cheap F.B.O. Communication. You have to talk. About every thing. EVERY THING .Married 49 years. She still lets me think I run things. I tip my hat to Trey and Lisa. The Bear approves. !2 stars.( That's right I can't count. )

P.S. 5 kids ; they should have tried harder.

The BEAR

JbRobertssonJbRobertssonalmost 4 years ago

I imagine feeling superior to everyone else is practically inevitable when you're surrounded by sycophants, adoring press, and a proud management team who gleefully count the money you're bringing in. Lisa finally realized what she was losing, weighed it against what she was winning, and then headed back home to Chicago.

Great story Laptop. I was rooting for them, so I'm happy to see they'll stay together. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wonderful story

With an overriding message of selfless love at the story’s core. Trey was the more mature, introspective partner of the two, but Lisa did eventually grow up and come home, both literally and figuratively. This story should possibly have been posted in the romance category rather than in loving wives ( no scheming or even emotional affairs happened), Thank you, LTW, for this great little story! I give it an appreciative five ⭐️ stars.

tiercenpttiercenptalmost 4 years ago

Once her and New York, I'd hoped he blew up in her face about NY. Because she didn't want to move to NY initially when he was offered it.

But he should move when she was offered it?

Also when she confronted him about it after the Gerry Newman interview.

I'd really hoped he blew up in her face and have a spine for himself.

Probably that's why she walked all over him here, he didn't have a spine for himself.

I thought it'd go down to divorce her somewhere between Award-winning, Pope heroism, and New York/during NYC.

That'd be the usual follow up after all these incidents in IRL and stories.

So I wondered about it here...

also have question marks about their characters here.

but I leave it be.

Because all in all it still was a beautiful story even though I don't agree with all of the things here.

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 4 years ago

Great story. One+ quibble of any note. Even if the aspirant assassin (aa) were using a silencer on his firearm, at a distance she could turn and hit him, the sound of the shots would have swallowed the supersonic boomlet of the rounds whistling by. The + in the quibble is that the aa was probably using a handgun to shoot (in a jostling crowd) a target too far away to be accurate. A long gun (rifle) would have been too awkward and obvious to use in such a circumstance, but more likely to be effective if he could manage it.

Hubby IMHO finally ‘grew (or made it clear he owned) a pair’ by refusing to give up his commitments and success in Chicago on Sweetie’s inconsiderate whim to chase flashier temptations without consultation. He had no particular rationale to divorce Sweetie because he was not yet ready to start over with romance. Call it a mourning period. Britany may have grown up ... or seen an opportunity.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitover 3 years ago

Not sure what to say.... Trey is such an inconsistent character. Poster child for beta male who only shows his spine when absolutely forced to. The meeting with the photographer that turns Lisa around basically saves Trey from being a long distance wimp husband that he was content to wall himself into.

This had a nice happily ever after, no thanks to Trey the wimp.

Virgo6Virgo6over 3 years ago
Trey

Came through to me as pretty damn, awesome. I don’t get the beta male, thing at all. Great, story. 5*****

SELSTIMSELSTIMover 3 years ago
The Train Held The Tracks

I really didn't think this was going to be a happily ever after story with Lisa being so selfish. First telling Trey there was no way she would follow him to New York then later making decisions contradicting the reasons she gave him for staying in Chicago. Trey making all the sacrifices for their marriage and future family and Lisa making decisions to only further her career. If she hadn't had that interview with Newman she probably never would have changed her views of her husband's worth. Even the title, "Lisa's Husband" had me thinking that when they were at some awards banquet for Lisa he would be referred to a Lisa's husband and it would be the last straw . Great turn around. Some of the readers' comments had Trey as a wimp. I didn't see it that way. I saw it more along the lines of Anon 7/21/20.

I need to start finding something wrong with your writing. People will start to think I'm a kiss ass. Thank you, a very entertaining story.

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
A REALLY GOOD STORY

NO WORDS JUST 5*****.

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Additional Quibblette

Is this really LW? At no time is Sweetie ever portrayed as having any serious temptations to be ‘adventurous’ in the usual LW fashion! (I suspect few of Us-The-Readers {WTR} will count her Rogering Rabbit purchase!) Nor is any other female except Sweetie’s not-really-a-friend coed (unmarried) who tried to seduce Eventual Hubby just for shit-n-giggles. And who did NOT repeat that attempt years later when she helped him refocus his life on his real career dream.

The closest we have to ‘adventurous’ is that Sweetie made two (within a several-year interval) secret and selfish decisions which helped her career and compromised Hubby’s - to say nothing about the quality of their marriage.

Still a FIVE*

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Whilst

Whilst this is a happy ever after story,if Trey had any balls ,he would have divorced the selfish bitch when she went to New York.

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Reasonable

I know this is an happy ending story,but if Trey had any balls,he would have divorced her when the selfish bitch left for New York.

Rancher46Rancher46over 3 years ago

What a great story of how love and devotion to a marriage can survive a long distance move in the worst circumstances. I don't get the comments of the Anons saying he should have divorced her when she moved to New York. Even over the distance they stayed faithful to each other and when she did that interview and found out what he had sacrificed for their love she immediately realized that she needed to back in Chicago at his side where she belonged. Story was well written and had a great happily ever after ending. Well done 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have read this a couple times. I enjoyed this event and in my opinion this was the best of the entire set. Quite frankly, this is one of the best stories on here if one is judging based upon realism and believability. As I have commented before both on stories here and with friends, the best fiction regardless of genre is fiction that draws the reader into the world created. Fiction where readers suspend disbelief (often unconsciously) and invest themselves in the characters and plot. The setting rarely matters in these circumstances because the author has managed to create a world and cast that readers relate to, identify and sympathize with, hate or are disgusted by all because they are able to accept the appearance of realism. Verisimilitude.

What I love about this story is that Lisa could be any successful person who starts to believe her own hype. In this case its a woman but this story is timeless. I have no idea of LTW is a man or woman but Lisa is every bit a plausible real woman thrust into limelight and celebrity. That she suggested her relationship wouldn't survive if Trey pursued his photography dream has happened in the real world. A friend told her fiance/boyfriend that if he went to graduate school that their relationship wouldn't survive. Like Trey, he chose the girl. Unlike Trey, they didn't last 2 years of marriage.

So yeah there is so much of this story that is brilliant. Laptopwriter, you are so incredibly talented. I gave you shit on the last one but I respect you so much.

gfrhgfrhabout 3 years ago
Your best story.

After reading most of your stories, this is your best so far. As I was reading Lisa climb up the ladder; I was becoming a little irritated thinking that she was going to either leave Trey because she thought he was beneath her since she made it or cheat on him because 'she deserved' a little 'fun' after he passed on his dream job for her. I'm very glad it turned out great and no one cheated on anyone. Forget some of the comments that complain about no affair or divorce. Speaking as one that has been used as a bank account and cheated on, it's finally nice to read a happy ending. (And no, I don't consider any RAAC story as having a happy ending.) 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another great story from an author that consistently puts out great stories. Was it a “traditional” Loving Wives story? No, but who cares. It was brilliantly written and that’s all that matters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Shallow

"I don't care, Gerry Newman said you were a genius, that's good enough for me," she acclaimed".

Really? She looked down on her husband their whole marriage, relegated him to the sidelines, because she felt, by her own admission, superior to him. She felt that he wasn't good enough because he didn't get that first job. But suddenly he's "A genius" in her eyes, just because some famous person she never met before said it. He wasn't good enough for her until some stranger that happened to be a celebrity said he was talented.

She is an extremely shallow and selfish person.

SexecutionerSexecutioneralmost 3 years ago

While only read a couple of your works, your writing is impressive. The story arc, characters. Perhaps this should have been put in the Romance" section.

usaretusaretalmost 3 years ago

Whew!!! You did it, just as I was hoping. finally, after a day of reading about broken marriages, hateful spouses, and torn families! A story it’s an ending worth reading. Thank you. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

So relieved. Really thought that one of them was going to screw up their relationship by cheating. True love wins out WooHoo!!

JacktacularJacktacularalmost 3 years ago

LW is to harsh for this one it should be under romance.

Jack

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A soft number 2. Nothing worth writing home about and not really worth the time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A great story. Very refreshing to see a husband and wife who don't fall and stick it out through it all with each other amid the sea of cheating cunts that populate Loving Wives.

5 very well earned stars.

GarySmith69GarySmith69almost 3 years ago

Very good story nothing earth shaking happened just a couple in love navigating life thank you.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Great story. Glad she stayed faithful. Lots of temptation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Brilliant

This was really brilliant. Just what LW is all about. Both sides, similarities and differences. Loved it.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous