All Comments on 'Listening When I Shouldn't'

by Bazzza

Sort by:
  • 113 Comments (Page 2)
Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

All that pain is so easy to avoid if you want to avoid it. Perhaps every older married couple can see themselves in the start of the story, but make better choices. That's a huge amount of destruction they need to fix and it was all avoidable if they only looked at themselves and thought about what was important.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"She looked at me with cool eyes and suggested that I should get my sex from somewhere else, food, wine and candles just didn't cut the mustard anymore. That was the night I gave up on our marriage."

Nope, the cunt wife had given up on her marriage. When women tell husbands they don't want sex any more they actually mean they just don't wont sex any more with their husband.

At that point the marriage is dead. The relationship has reached its expiration date.

“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why should he apologize? She refused all of his romantic efforts!

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Gay shit.

The bitch cuts him off and insults him while telling him to get it elsewhere.

She caused it and even decides to bring a coworker home to fuck?

Why did you write an absolutely brain dead woman?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disgusting shit

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

An okay story of drifting apart and interconnecting. What rubbed me the wrong way was Janet bringing her 'date' to the house. That is disrespectful ti the max. I understand why the author wrote it that way, as a catalyst for their reconciliation, still the idea just bothers me.

-

Janet's reaction to hubby looking for relief elsewhere seems so stereotypical of women. Upon his revelation, she says she did not mean it. Did not mean it!?!?!? WTF!?!? He prepares a romantic dinner and she sneers at it and tells him to go elsewhere. It sure sounded like she meant it. I guess stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason.

-

Pasqual

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

0 stars - what a load of crap.

I am ex-military and my wife would never, ever try something stupid like that, because she knows that the man would need a stretcher and an ambulance, the instant he put one foot inside the front doorway.

irinmikeirinmikeabout 2 years ago

A well done simple story. Sometimes you have to fumble around out there to realize what you have at home.

SystemShockSystemShockabout 2 years ago

So, she's an absolute cunt to him for months, rebuffs any attempt at intimacy, then has the nerve to get mad when he does exactly what she told him to. Personally, I would've started divorce proceedings, if only to put the scare in her and force a desperately needed conversation. Be we already know that our "hero" doesn't have the smarts or the spine to do such things.

While there is an element of tit-for-tat that theoretically puts them on even ground now, in reality what she did is a very different animal. He went out and paid a hooker; he did it away from home, with someone he'll never see or interact with again, and it was just sex. She, on the other hand, went out on a date, brought her lover home, fucked him in the marital bed, and did it all with someone she sees on a regular basis(enough that he's asked her out several times before). Not to mention the premeditated nature of her fling. There's a world of difference in those actions.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two people who have strived over decades to remain so immature, even after raising children together, deserve to remain in their dysfunctional marriage. Without professional assistance, the likelihood a man or woman in their 40s or older will show lasting change in their character, except in response to an illness or a severely traumatic event, is essentially zero. The characters in this sad tale will return the to their usual melodrama in short order.

AkSh4BloOdAkSh4BloOdover 1 year ago

Very definition of pussy whipped.

Pig in the puddle..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What is it with most of your protagonist?? They seem to ahve an unhealthy fetish of wanting to hear how their wives have had sex with other rmen… questions like- was his cock bigger then mine? Did you sick him? …and so in! How the fuck does it matter? And why would u want to hear this as a man? Are u a gay writer??? Maybe ..makes sense!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal1969about 1 year ago

I really like the message behind this story, sex isn't as good without love. It's exactly how I feel. Well done!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous