Lives Changed Forever Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What about you, Cathy? Do you really not care about Jack and Sally being a couple? They can be quite noisy, I hear."

Cathy blushed even more. This time, Sally came to her rescue. "Stop it, Chris! This isn't funny. Cathy is our friend. Of course she knows about Jack and me. We've discussed this amongst ourselves, and we're all OK with it. There is no need to embarrass anyone here."

"I don't mind Sally and Jack. Honestly. I'd just rather start college with my friends than on my own." Cathy had finally found words to reply to Chris' very rude questioning.

"I'm sorry, Cathy, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It's just, I know how things can get complicated rooming with a couple. I've done it myself, and it wasn't always easy." Chris started to soften a bit.

"I can always close the door. That's why we are looking for a large apartment and not a small little shoebox." Cathy was getting a little bit more confident now.

"Have you found anything suitable, yet, Jack," Chris asked quietly. "I understand they're not easy to come by, and the ones that are available are usually quite expensive."

"I've seen one or two advertised, Chris. We haven't had a chance to look at any of them, yet. I was going to make appointments for viewings next week. The advertised prices weren't too scary. On the pricey side, but affordable." The last sentence was a little bit of a lie. The prices he had seen so far were quite a bit above his budget, especially if the girls had to pay for their dorm room, too.

"I'll make you an offer, guys. You can accept or refuse. Makes no difference to me." Chris replied. "I own a three bedroomed condo within walking distance from State University campus. The lease on it is up at the end of this month, and the tenant that is in it at the moment doesn't want to renew, so it will be available from the middle of July."

The three were looking at each other in disbelief. They certainly hadn't seen this coming.

"I'll let it to you for half price. You'll have to do it up yourselves, though. It's unfurnished, too, so you'll have to bring or buy your own furniture, but I don't think that's going to be a huge problem. There are a lot of second-hand furniture places around."

"That sounds a bit too god to be true, Chris," Jack said. "Where's the catch?"

"No catch, Jack, but if you want to know what's in it for us, I intend to give up my own place in town and move in here with your mother. That'll save us a hefty little sum each month."

"Mom! Is this true? You want Chris to move in with you here?" Sally couldn't believe this. This was their family home. Why hadn't they asked her and Jack first, to see if they were OK with this?

"Yes, Sally. Chris and I have lived apart for way too long. It's time we moved in together. Her apartment in town is too small for both of us, we can't afford the rent on a bigger place, and we have this house here, free of charge. It's a no-brainer, really."

"So you have it all sorted! Bribe Jack and me with a place in the city so you can get rid of us! Well, you'll have to think again! I'm not falling for it." Sally was angry and disappointed.

"I like the idea," Cathy said quietly. "It mightn't be my place to say this, but I think, the offer is extremely generous. Imagine, Sally, a large apartment close to campus. What a luxury!"

"I tend to agree with Cathy, Sal." Jack knew that this was their opportunity to make their dream come true. "We've already discussed moving our stuff, anyways. I'd be willing to have a look, if that's OK, Chris."

"So you are on their side now? Thanks a million, big brother! Best friend!"

"I don't think this is a matter of taking sides, Sally." Jack took his little sister-girlfriend's hand as he spoke. "This could be the start of something really good, babe. We'd each have our own room, we'd be close to campus and we'd be saving money on rent, and Cathy'd be living with us. Doesn't any of this make sense to you?"

The gentle touch of her brother's hand calmed Sally down a little bit. "It does, Jack. Of course, it does. It's still difficult to give all this up."

"Oh, Sally. You won't have to give anything up, just because Chris moves in with me. You'll be welcome here any time, as often and whenever you want. Don't you ever doubt that." Victoria tried to reassure her daughter. "Living in Chris' condo, you could stay there during the holidays, too, and wouldn't have to move all your stuff out, just because school's finished."

"Why don't we have a look at the place, Sally," Jack suggested. "We can always decide it's not for us once we've seen it."

"What do you think, Cathy? Do you think we should have a look?" Sally was still not fully convinced.

"It won't hurt to look at it, Sally. That's for sure. Besides, as I said before, I think the offer is very generous."

"Let's have a look, so. When do you think we could see the condo, Chris?"

"It won't be officially available for viewings until the first week in July, but I have a few pictures for you here. If you want to see it before that, I'll ask the tenant. He's a good friend of mine, and I'm sure he won't mind." Chris pulled her iPad out of her handbag and opened the pictures. She had it all planned.

Sally, Cathy and Jack huddled around the iPad to look at the pictures. The condo looked very nice, with three spacious bedrooms and an open-plan kitchen/living area. They would find it difficult to get a comparable apartment anywhere.

As they flicked though the images, even Sally, who still was not convinced she wanted to live in anything owned by Chris, warmed to the idea. The condo had two separate bathrooms and the master bedroom had a walk-in closet. It was on the third floor of the building and had access to its own secluded patio with full views over the neighborhood.

The best was yet to come, though. The condo came with residents' access to its own gym and pool area within the building complex, and, although Chris didn't have pictures of it, a private cinema in the basement.

"Wow, Chris. This place is great! It must cost a fortune, though. How much would the rent be? I don't think we'd be able to afford this even at half price." Jack had serious doubts that he would be able to afford all this.

"You'd be surprised, Jack. The monthly rent is usually $1,900, and you can have it for $900. I doubt you'll even find a single bedroom apartment for this anywhere in the city."

"That's less than half price, Chris. Are you sure?" Jack was stunned. He would never have dreamed to be able to live in an apartment that nice together with the two women he loved.

The girls were equally impressed. A pool, a gym, a patio, a walk in closet, walking distance to campus and all that for less than $1,000 was nearly incredible. Even a dorm room would cost more. They were sure they would be the envy of the school.

"I am sure, Jack. There is one serious condition, though. This is, as you can see from the pictures, not student accommodation. The complex is mostly occupied by professionals and young families, so no, absolutely no, loud music or parties. Are we clear on that? If I get any complaints, I'll terminate you straight away."

"I'm sure we can live with that, can't we, ladies?" Jack leaned back in his chair with a huge grin on his face. The girls agreed. The three exchanged excited glances. This would be the best year of college ever!

"We'd love to see the condo, Chris. When do you think we could go and view it?"

"I'll let you know, guys. I knew you'd like it," Chris replied.

"It's getting late, Chris. You know I have to be at work early in the morning. I think we should leave the kids alone, now that everything is settled. Let's go home and get to bed, honey." Victoria was getting tired.

"OK, Vic, let's go and hit the sack. I'll give you a call as soon as I know more, Jack. Congrats on your new place, you three."

---

"Wow, guys, I can't believe it. We have our own place!" Jack said when Chris and Victoria had left. "I did the math really quickly, guys. Last year I paid nearly $15,000 for my lousy dorm room and the sorriest of boards anyone could think of. This place will cost less than that for the three of us. Can you believe it?"

"Yes, Jack, but don't forget, Sally and I still have to pay the $15k each, even though we're not going to touch the room we're renting, let alone avail of the board." Cathy had also done some math, and her figures didn't add up quite as nicely as Jack's. In her terms, they would be wasting a perfectly good $30,000.

"You'd have to pay them anyways, girls. There's no way around it, but look at it that way: the rent for the three of us is $900 a month, which is just over $10k for the whole year. I have that in my account already, and the summer still has a couple of months in which I'll be making more money. We're sorted, girls."

"It should be really easy to talk to my parents now, that the question about the apartment is sorted," Cathy said excitedly. "I can just tell them that your mother's girlfriend has offered you guys a condo for half price and you have one bedroom to spare. That is such a no-brainer, they'll have to agree. Oh, Jack, oh Sally, I'm happy. I'm really, really happy!"

"I'm happy, too. I'll get over the whole 'I want to move in with your mom' thing, eventually" Sally said. "The condo is really nice, though. Let's get this place cleaned up and hit the sack, guys. I'm shattered."

"Let me call my folks really quickly to tell them where I am. I'm sure they'll start worrying if I'm not home soon," Cathy said, pulled out her cell phone and dialed her parents' number.

"Hi Dad, I'm at Sally's house."

Pause.

"Yes. We've just eaten."

Pause.

"I'm going to stay the night. See you tomorrow. Love you. Say good night to Mom."

Cathy went to the kitchen to help the guys clean up. Most of the work was already done, Jack just finished loading the dishwasher, and Sally had just grabbed a cloth to go and wipe the table.

"Go ahead to the bedroom and make yourself comfortable, Cathy. I'll be there soon," Sally said as she was wiping the table top. "I'm sure, Jack will be there soon, too."

"I'll just go and quickly brush my teeth quickly, Sally." Cathy replied. Thank goodness for the toothbrush she had put in her purse. She'd leave it here when she went home tomorrow.

"OK, Cathy. I'll join you in the bathroom." Sally was nearly finished. "You coming, Jack?"

"Just a second. Do you have a toothbrush, Cathy?"

"I put one in my purse. Always prepared." Cathy smiled and waved her toothbrush at Jack, who had made it to the bathroom before his sister. "Can I leave it here? I might need it again."

"Of course, Cathy, just pop it into the glass with mine." He stepped forward and gave his girlfriend a tight hug. Cathy nestled into his strong arms, her face resting against his well-defined pecs, her hands linked behind his back.

"I'm so glad we have our living accommodation sorted, Cathy. I'm really looking forward to living with you and Sally."

"So am I, Jack. I hate having to leave you two to go home. Can I spend the rest of the summer here with you guys?"

"Of course, Cathy, if your parents are OK with it. No problem."

"What's no problem, guys?" Sally had arrived in the bathroom and looked at her brother and Cathy's tight embrace.

"Cathy wants to stay with us for the rest of the summer. I told her no problem if it was OK with her parents."

"Ab-sh-olutely." Sally had started brushing her teeth, and spoke with a mouth full of foam.

When the trio finally got into bed, they were exhausted from the day's activities, especially from the conversation they had with Chris and Victoria this evening.

When they were cuddled up in bed, Jack said quietly, "Wow, I would never have thought Chris would offer us a place, and such a nice one, too. we'd be foolish not to accept, girls."

"I agree. This is the best offer I ever got," Cathy replied. "Here I was, hoping they wouldn't tell us to forget about it, and next thing, she offered us her place to stay."

"She's been quite snide, though, at first," Sally added. "I didn't like how she started the conversation. That was plain rude. Especially, how she treated you, Cathy."

"It'll be me now next, telling my parents about our plans." Cathy was a little nervous about having to tell her parents, but their plan was even better now that it had been before, when they didn't have the offer of a cheap apartment. There was no way her parents could stop her now.

"We'll come with you, Cathy. Let's do it tomorrow evening. That way we'll have an extra reason to celebrate at your graduation party." Jack was getting impatient. He wanted to have the whole deal sealed as soon as possible.

"Oh yes, Cathy. I can help you decorate the house tomorrow. Jack has to work, but I'm free all day. I'm sure you can use with a helping hand."

"I surely can, Sally. Jack, will you drop Sally and me off at my house on your way to work tomorrow? We'll get the basement ready for the party. You can swing by after work, and we'll break the news to my parents then. How does that sound?"

"Like a good plan, Cathy!" Jack kissed his girlfriend tenderly, and when Sally pouted her lips in mock protest, she got a tender kiss, too. It wasn't long before the three lovers fell asleep in each other's arms.