Living Apart Together

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When she got to work, she pulled Brad aside. He got excited, but not for long.

Etta said, "Brad, I hope you had a good time with Sherri. But, I want to make something clear to you. I do not want any sexual involvement with you. My marriage would tank, and if that happens, I'll be oh so vindictive. So, I admit that you're a temptation, but you need to back off."

Brad smiled at her. "Okay."

And Etta realized that she'd made a mistake. She had just confirmed to Brad that he had her in danger of falling to him. Dumb. But she walked away. And for the rest of the day, she completely avoided him, walking away whenever he was around. People noticed.

As she was leaving work, he came up to her. He said, "You win. Please stop freezing me out. I'll back off. I promise. If you strip naked and throw yourself at me, I'll toss you out."

Etta laughed. But she didn't believe him. She patted him on the arm and got into her car. She had grocery shopping to do.

That evening Sherri knocked again. Etta let her in.

Sherri said, "I...well I hope that I didn't poach, yesterday. I wasn't sure what was happening. But I wanted the guy."

"It's okay. He does look good. I also hear at work that he is good. I admit that I'm more than curious. But you maybe saved my marriage yesterday. Is he coming back here?"

"Oh, yes. Anytime he wants."

"That good? Really?"

"Oh, yes, indeed. He's a dynamo."

Etta was starting to get wet. She was truly chagrined by that. Because, she absolutely did not want to fuck up her wonderful marriage. She had only wanted some space. Maybe flirting. She was about to decide to move back home.

She decided to go to the gym and work off some frustrations.

She was sitting on a curl machine when who should pop up but Dave Bennett. Her club buddy, and her other temptation. Fate, or God himself, was not doing her favors this day. Dave wore loose gym shorts and a muscle T-shirt, fit tight. He had a beautiful body and a handsome face with a killer smile. Etta had seen women almost swoon when he was around. Now, here he was.

He said, "Hey, Etta, you're here kinda late."

"Yeah, Dave. Working off some...." She paused.

Dave smiled his killer smile and said, "Frustrations. I could help you with that. Has Henry let you down?"

Etta was surprised. Dave worked at her country club and golf course. He had flirted with her some, but the woman at the club were all interested in him, and he kept a safe distance. His job required that. Etta often thought that it must have been difficult for him.

Now, he made a comment....an offer, really. Maybe because they were not at the club. Or maybe Etta was giving off some primal pheromones.

Etta frowned. "Dave, please don't. I've had a....well, a difficult day."

"Okay." He sat down on the lat pull machine next to her, put the pin at some incredible level and began pulling down. His arm muscles bulged. He did ten. Etta watched. Dave knew she would. It was late and there were very few people at the gym. It was going to close in forty minutes.

When Dave finished, he got up and said, "Switch?"

Etta stood and Dave brushed by her. She sat at the lat machine, and tried to pull his weight. No way. She adjusted it and did three sets of five. But she also watched Dave do curls, at some huge weight.

The two of them moved around the circuit, keeping a close eye on each other. A buzzer went off, and there was only a short time left. Etta stood up.

Dave said, "You could shower at my place. It's only a block away." He was kind of laughing at her.

She eyed him. Her new apartment was also a block away. She said, "No, Dave. Down, boy."

She strolled over and got her coat. She turned and waved at Dave, walked outside, and jogged toward her place. Dave caught up to her just as she was heading up the three steps to the front door of her building.

She turned to look at him. She said, "I said no, Dave."

He chuckled at her. "I live here, Etta. Second floor."

"Oh...."

"Are you, by chance, the new tenant that Sherri was telling me about?"

Etta said, "Shit!"

Dave waited.

She said, "Dave, I haven't left Henry. I only wanted a place where I could get some space."

They were inside now. Dave said, "Okay. Well, it seems like....space for what. Etta?"

"I don't intend to.....you know, cheat."

"I see." His reply was skeptical.

"I swear, Dave. Not that I don't find you attractive. But, you know, I made a promise."

Dave said, "You have your own place now, Etta. Just a few steps from mine. If we got together one night - like tonight - who would know?"

Etta was wavering. Dave was making sense. How would Henry.....?

Dave pulled her into a hug. Etta was so very torn by the situation. Dave was just a hot guy.

They were in the foyer. Sherri's door down the hall opened, and she and Brad came out. Dave stepped back. Brad and Dave didn't know each other. Brad gave Dave a curious look.

He turned to Etta and said, "I see. Do I still have some shot?"

Etta was mortified. She found herself saying, "This isn't what it looks like, Brad."

Sherri, with an I, said, "But I bet it could be just that, Etta." She paused, "Couldn't it, Dave?"

Dave smiled, "Don't know. Does she already have something going with this guy? And do you?"

Sherri said, "I sure do. As far as Etta....." They all turned to look at her.

She had a plaintive tone when she said, "I only wanted some space. But suddenly my life is full of studs."

Sherri intoned, in a very serious voice, "A fate worse than death....."

Etta fled into her apartment, and the other three watched. After she was gone, Dave and Brad gave each other a semi-evil eye. Sherri said, "Brad and I were just going to get some ice cream at the Seven-Eleven. I guess you could come along, Daaaaave."

Brad said, "Hey. How well do you two know each other?"

Dave said, "Quite well. She's my downstairs neighbor." Then he hesitated a bit, and walked up the stairs. Sherri and Brad went to the store.

Etta went straight to her bed and masturbated before her shower. She was not thinking about Henry.

Thursday morning, Etta went to work, frazzled. She and Brad had another discussion.

Brad approached her in the deserted Faculty Room. He said, "I was so disappointed to see you with that guy Dave. But, then you fled. I was happy you called me a stud, though."

"Brad, please....."

"But you also called him a stud. Am I in some competition with him? Can I go first?"

"Stop, Brad. I have no intention of cheating. None."

"Okay. But you moved into that building where Dave lives, and the two of you were quite close when we came out the door."

"I didn't know he lived there. He works at our club. He was at my gym, where I was trying to exercise off my...." She paused.

"Your frustrations. In the end, there's no need for frustration. Henry wouldn't ever leave you. You know, you're so very desirable. You could have both of us. Maybe at once." He walked away.

Etta completed her day and went back to her apartment, wondering what else she'd have to face.

Meanwhile, Sherri also went to work. She worked for a talent booking agency. It was an exciting day for her because the actor and heartthrob Dane Hutchings was coming to visit. Dane was a big star, who had gotten started through Sherri's work at the agency. That was five years before. At that time, Sherri was hot for Dane, and they did hook up briefly. Now millions of women were hot for him.

Sherri had a great time with Dane, who took her to lunch. (Not at lunch.) When they were leaving the quiet restaurant, Dane asked Sherri if she wanted dinner with him. Sherri had asked Brad over for dinner. She knew that Dane would leave the next week, but Brad would be around. She was actually interested in seeing if Brad and she could be more than fuck buddies. She was about to decline, when she had an idea.

She said, "Dane, a guy I'm interested in is coming to dinner. But there's this woman who just moved in......" She went on to explain her idea.

That afternoon, when she got home, she knocked on Etta's door. Etta answered, still wearing her work clothes, a blouse and skirt, modest heels. Sherri was impressed, nevertheless, with how good Etta looked. Sherri wondered how Etta could have remained faithful to Henry. She'd seen Henry at the building, and he did not look like Brad, or Dave either. Sherri, when she thought about it, was a little curious about old Henry.

But Sherri said, "Etta, I'm making a fancy pizza tonight for Brad. Maybe you could come over and help. I want it to be delicious. We can make enough for all of us."

"I....well, I want to stay away from Brad. You know why."

"I'll take care of Brad. I don't want the two of you hooking up. No matter what he may want."

"Well, okay. I don't have much in the fridge, and I was going to call Chinese. What time?"

At six, Etta went to Sherri's place and the two of them started in on the pizza. Sherri was a good cook, and so was Etta. Etta noticed that Sherri really didn't need the help. She began to wonder. Just then Brad knocked on the door. Etta opened it. Brad smiled at her.

He said, "Well, well. Look who's here? Looks like I'm gonna have a reeaaal good time tonight."

Etta laughed at him. "Maybe so. But there's gonna be a heartache tonight, I know."

He laughed, and then he took Sherri, with an I, into his arms and kissed her. A long kiss.

She broke away, finally, and stepped back. Brad wore loose chinos, and Etta could see a tent. Just watching those two got her hot.

Sherri said, "Time to put the pizza in the oven. No buns in the oven, though. Not yet." She leered at Etta. Sherri was flushed and breathing hard. Etta was just breathing hard.

Brad glanced from one to the other. He smirked.

Then, there came a knock on the door. Etta answered again, because Sherri was in the kitchen.

When Etta opened the door, there stood Dane Hutchings, international heartthrob. Etta was completely speechless. She heard Sherri giggling.

Dane said, "You must be Etta. Sherri has told me all about you and your....need for space. I'm Dane." He reached out to shake hands.

Etta slowly raised her hand, to meet his. She was looking into his dark eyes, now. Her heart was aflutter. Dane took her hand in his and covered hers with his left hand. Etta couldn't speak.

Dane was startled by how very good looking this Etta woman was. His task, assigned by Sherri, was to give Etta a thrill, but not go too far. Sherri thought that it would keep Etta away from Brad. Dane was impressed. And he could see that Etta was far more than impressed.

But Etta was a mature woman, not a teenager. She gathered herself and said, "Hi, Dane. You're sure a surprise."

Dane said, "A pleasant one, I hope." He gave a big smile, turning on the charm.

"Oh, yes. A very pleasant surprise." She turned to Sherri. "What's happening here?"

Sherri said, "Dane's here for some work. He and I know each other from when I was first working at CJE."

Etta said, "Oh. Well, I'm impressed, for sure." She turned to Dane, "I loved your work in 'Physio.'"

"Thanks."

Etta said, "The nude scene was fantastic." Then she bit her tongue. But, too late.

Sherri laughed out loud. She said, "You don't know the half of it."

Brad coughed. And Sherri turned to him and said, "Dane, this is my friend, Brad, who works with Etta at her school."

"Hi, Brad."

Brad was a little annoyed. He had known that Sherri had a surprise for Etta. But this??? More than he ever expected.

Sherri served some red wine while the pizza was cooking. Brad and Sherri sat on the chairs. Leaving Etta and Dane on the settee. Etta sat first, and Dane sat very close to her. Etta's thigh was smack up against his. Sherri asked Dane about new projects.

He said, "I'm working on a contract to play Superman. A sexy version, with Lois and Lana both. Now that theaters are open again, we need to ramp up."

As he was speaking, he turned to face Etta, and she to him. She felt like she should....kiss him. He was so close. But, she held off.

A bell rang and Sherri rose to check the pizza, which was ready. She pulled it out, and let it cool. When she turned back to the others, Dane had his arm around Etta's shoulder. Etta was not removing it. Sherri leaned back on the counter to see what developed.

Brad stood up, and went to the bathroom. Dane asked, "Etta, Sherri says you needed a break from your life, so you rented an apartment. That sounds like a good premise for a film."

Etta's face was very close to Dane's when she replied, "Yeah. You could call it 'Temptation.'"

Dane smiled. Etta could smell his minty, wine breath. She wanted to taste it. Again, she refrained. Brad came back and asked, "Is it ready?"

Sherri said, "Yep. I'll cut it."

Dane got up, and offered Etta a hand. She took it. He didn't pull her up, but only provided a boost. Still, Etta imagined, just for a second, that he might pull her right into a hug and kiss.

Sherri served up, and they all ate, and drank wine. There was a lot of laughter, and Dane provided some inside movie gossip.

The time drifted by. Etta was tipsy. Not drunk, just floating. Dane recognized a stellar opportunity, and he was enamored of this woman. He wasn't supposed to go too far with her, since she was married. But, he thought, why would her husband ever find out?

Etta and Dane were back on the settee. Dane's arm was again over her shoulder. He pulled her toward himself. She was not resisting.

Sherri was now worried. She had not intended a full seduction. But...the best laid plans... She said, "Dane?"

Dane said, "Well, I must be going. It's been a wonderful evening." He got up. He again offered Etta a hand, and she again took it.

Dane shook hands with Brad, and gave Sherri a hug. Then he went to the door, opened it, and paused. Etta walked by him, out into the hall. After the evening, it all seemed so natural to her. Dane followed, and closed the door.

Etta took out her key, opened her door and stepped inside, leaving it open behind her. Dane closed it after he stepped inside.

Etta turned to face him. He was so tall, rugged, handsome. She wanted him as much as she'd ever wanted anything in her life. She was close to lost in his dark eyes. He took her into his arms, kissed her, holding her body to his, hands on her ass. Etta tasted his minty wine breath. But there was also peperoni. It reminded her of Henry's love of peperoni pizza. It reminded her of Henry.

Etta stiffened. Dane felt that. He stepped back and looked at her.

Etta said, "I never wanted any man more than I want you now. But......I can't do it. Married. Love him." She was breathing hard. She was barely able to speak.

Dane knew he could likely overcome her reticence. It wouldn't be that difficult. She was ripe for the picking, like an August peach. He knew that he'd give her the time of her life, in bed.

He said, "You're so beautiful. And I know how much.... Your husband is a very lucky man."

He turned and walked out the door. He ran out the main door to his Tesla, parked at the curb. He got in, sat there, breathing hard, calming himself. He realized that he had wanted that woman as much as any woman in his life. Just something about her. Vulnerable beauty. He felt noble. Then he laughed at himself. He started the car. He felt like shit as he drove off.

Etta stood there after Dane left. A wave of grief washed over her. She sank to her knees. Maybe three minutes passed. She got up. She started to laugh. Saved by peperoni. She went into her bedroom. Thought about what would have happened if Sherri had made cheese pizza. After she was finished, she showered.

Friday at work, Brad sidled up to her in the lunchroom. He spoke softly. "How was Dane? Inquiring minds, you know."

"I cannot answer that question, Brad." Etta smiled at him, reveling in her ambiguous answer.

"C'mon, Etta. I need to know if I have a shot, after the movie star."

"No." She smiled again.

Brad said, "I don't believe you, Etta. Not one bit. I know Sherri gave you a report on me. Well, she gave me a report on Dane, as well."

Etta said, "Whatever makes you think she would tell you the truth?"

"Oh. Umm."

"Right. And I if I gave a report, you'd never know if I lied either."

Brad smiled. "If Sherri lied, it would be to keep me in her bed. Same with you?"

Etta blushed. She needed to remember that Brad was way smarter than he looked.

Brad leaned close. "Sherri tells me I'm the best she ever had. Maybe she isn't lying, Etta."

Etta was warming to Brad. But she wasn't going to do it. Especially now that Sherri was serious about him. She said, "No, Brad. Just no. We both know what I'd do if I were single. I'm not."

"Okay. Well, if you have a change of mind, let me know - before Sherri and I get real tight."

They went back to class.

It was Friday. Etta stopped by her apartment for her laptop, and went home to Henry. He was home early, and had made a dinner salad, with shrimp. He had beans and rice going. He smiled at her as she came inside.

Etta looked at him, in his grilling apron. She had a thought pass through her mind. It was 'old reliable.' She smiled. Then another, 'Old Faithful.' She chuckled. She took his hand and dragged him upstairs, intent on making him erupt. Etta was on fire. She was quickly out of her clothes, and on her knees for Henry. She had him hard in seconds, and kept at him. She could swallow all of him. But she didn't want him coming in her mouth. So, she pressed on his cock to stop that. She swung onto the bed, opened her legs and commanded, "Fuck me. Now!"

Henry was happy to obey. He'd missed his Wednesday sex. Both of them had a tremendous time. Etta just kept on coming. And then Old Faithful erupted. Their inevitable collapse had them side by side, panting.

Etta propped herself on her elbow, looking at Henry. She said, "That was so great. The apartment idea.....well, maybe it's working." That last was said with some hesitation.

Henry looked up at her. He asked, "Have you...you know?"

She had to decide what to say to Henry. She knew that their great sex had clued him in that something was getting her hot. She decided to go with the truth. All of it. She told her story, in some detail, including her kiss with Dane. And the peperoni.

Henry said, "Wow. So our marriage was saved by some processed meat." He made the joke, but they both knew he was asking a serious question.

Etta said. "I...much as I would like to...fudge...I believe if it had been cheese pizza, I'd be a fallen woman. I'm sorry, Henry. And I don't know that for sure. But Jesus....."

Henry was happy that she told the truth. But, he foresaw disaster, and probably sooner, rather than later.

He asked, "This Dane, he's the guy with the full frontal in that movie?"

"Yes. Yes, he is." They had both seen the film. A groundbreaker.

Henry said, "It was fake. A prosthetic."

Etta just smiled. Her hug had given her a good idea that Henry was wrong.

Henry saw that smile. He said, "Etta, come home, please. Next time one of them drops by - Dane especially - there won't be peperoni. And, Etta....I would know."

Etta thought that perhaps he wouldn't really know. But he was smart and intuitive, and he knew her so well. So....probably he would. She said what she thought right then.

"Would you leave me if I had a night with a movie star?"

"I don't know. Please don't. Please come home. Three close calls. Something happened each time to stop you. One day soon, you won't be interrupted."

"But, Henry.....think of the sex we just had. Better than for many years. Like when we were young and randy. And all because those guys got me....well..."

"If you're asking for permission, I say no."

"Henry....it wouldn't be for the entire month. One night?"

"No. Not ten minutes. No."