Living Apart Together

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why?"

"Because you...you wouldn't be only mine anymore. Sex is ours, and what keeps us bound to each other in love. I'm not saying it right. I don't own you. But...."

"I hope you wouldn't leave me, but you might. I do understand what you said, even if it was a little muddled. I'd never want you to fuck some other woman. Even a movie star."

"Would you leave me? If I fucked...say...Sherri?"

"Sherri? Why did you bring her into it?"

"She's hot. Young. She got you into the Dane thing. Why?"

"Well, I don't think it was because she wanted you." Etta was giggling.

Henry didn't like the giggle. "Huh. So, I'm just baloney. Not peperoni."

Etta squeezed up next to him. She cooed, "But you're my baloney. Big and wide." She stroked him back to life and rode him - just like in the days of old. Henry had no real defense.

After, he said, "Which one were you thinking of?"

She nuzzled up to him and whispered, "All three." She wasn't lying.

Their weekend was great. Saturday, they woke and had sex. Then they went to play tennis. Etta wore a sexy tennis outfit and distracted their opponents' male partner. But she didn't need the sexy outfit. She was exuding some aura of wanton sluttiness. She wanted to have a drink at the club, after tennis. They showered, and changed into street clothes. When they walked into the bar, Dave was there, running the totals from the register.

He smiled at both of them. He said, "Well, you two look.....like you're gonna burst into flames. Especially you, Etta." He paused. "No offense, Henry."

"None taken, Dave. Just don't....go too far. You know what I mean."

"I do." Henry noted that he didn't say he wouldn't go too far. Etta also noted that.

Dave left and Henry and Etta had a light lunch, and beer. Then they drove to a nearby park, and hiked up a trail that led uphill. They took it slow. When they got to the top, no one else was there. Etta pinned Henry to a tree and shoved her tongue into his mouth. She ground herself into him. She was strong, and she caught just the right angle. Henry came in his pants. He felt like a teenager.

Etta laughed at him. She felt it when she had him pressed against her. She said, "Henrrrry! Maybe I'll completely disable you with sex. You can't keep it up. You'll be bedridden."

"I've already been bedridden today."

Henry went into the woods a bit to clean up He brought out his cummy underwear - boxers. He gave them to Etta, and said, "Your trophy. You're the champ."

Etta didn't know what to do with them. The she said, "Wait here." She walked into the woods.

She slipped out of her pants and out of her panties. They were wet. She put on Henry's boxers, also wet. Then she put her pants back on. She carried her panties - pink ones - out to Henry. She said, "I put your boxers on. They're so wet. I feel that you shouldn't go without underwear." She handed him the panties.

Henry smiled at her. He took the panties into the woods. Then he came back out a few minutes later.

Etta said, "Do you have them on?"

He smiled. He said nothing.

"Henry, I need to know. Really." She started toward him. He jogged off. She chased him down after about thirty yards. She grabbed him by the collar, and turned him around. She stuck her hand right down his pants. He was hard - again. Like a teenager. And she felt the smooth panties over his erection.

She pulled her hand out. She said, "I don't believe it."

Henry laughed. "You started the underwear exchange."

They went rapidly downhill..... to their car. Henry drove them home. Not far. Etta would run her finger up his shaft, just to keep his attention. It was a dangerous drive, but they made it to the driveway.

They staggered in the door. Etta shoved Henry onto the couch, and said, "I wanna see." She was clutching at his zipper.

He shoved her off, onto her knees. He said, "Stand up and strip down to your boxers."

Etta was dizzy with lust. She said, 'Yes, Henry." She was quickly out of her clothing, except for the wet boxers. They were baggy on her. Henry said, "I bet I look better in your panties."

She laughed. He pushed her down to her knees, and took off his sweater and shirt. She was at his zipper. She shoved his pants down around his ankles. And there was his very hard cock, poking up out of her pink panties. They were smooth and silky. She rubbed her hand over them.

Henry stepped back, and out of his pants and shoes. He pushed Etta onto her back on the floor. He straddled her face, and lowered her panties down. He said, "Lick."

Etta licked the underside of his cock, then his balls, then back, several times. Henry was not going to be easy now, since he had come so much. He picked Etta up, and took her to the couch, where he fucked her missionary for a long time.

As he was fucking her, he said, "You like men in panties?" Pushing harder.

"Yes. Harder...harder pink boy." She came again. Henry kept fucking her. And she kept pushing back.

She was panting, "Can't you fuck harder, panty boy?"

Henry obliged. And then he erupted again. Etta was thrilled.

They lay in a heap for some time, after Henry rolled off. He saw that Etta still had his boxers on, although they hadn't done anything to protect her. Her panties were around his thighs.

He got up, and she followed. They didn't speak. They went to the shower, took off each other's underwear, and cleaned up.

They had a more or less ordinary Saturday evening. No more sex. They watched an old movie, went to bed, exhausted.

Sunday morning was spent with the crossword. Then they watched a basketball game. At four o'clock, they looked at each other, and got up, as one. They went upstairs. They stripped. Etta started posing. Henry did some muscle poses. Not so impressive, but not terrible. They were laughing. Then they weren't. Etta pulled Henry onto herself, and they had a slow coupling, with lots of light moaning, and kisses. After quite a while, they finished in a flurry. And they slept. After all, they were not spring chickens, and were worn out. But in a good way.

They woke up very early Monday, both due at work, but not for two hours. Downstairs, in their work clothes, they ate toast.

Henry said, "Etta, that was a great weekend. But where are you sleeping tonight?"

"My apartment. Alone, I promise."

Henry said, "Promises can easily disappear under an avalanche of desire."

She said, "We have to trust."

"It's me that has to trust. So far, I see no reason to trust. If you spend a month in that place, you'll give in. I bet you're masturbating, thinking of them. You thought of them when we had sex this weekend."

Etta was silent for quite a while. Henry was looking at her. Then she smiled, "What do you care what I'm imagining, when it's you with my body?"

"I care. The thing is, I believe you know that you're headed for trouble. Trouble for me. Maybe you don't see it as trouble. But, believe me, it would be trouble for you." Henry walked away.

They went to work. Henry was almost set to mourn the end of his marriage. Because, despite the great sex over the weekend, he knew he wouldn't be able to live with her as a cuckold. It seemed to him that the weekend's sex would be the last for them. He fell into a depression, and simply sat at his desk. His aid, Faith, noticed. She wondered, but didn't speak up.

Henry wasn't one to mope. He was a person who acted. He decided to pay a visit to Sherri, with an I. He looked her up, and got her office address. He drove over there. As he walked into the office, Sherri was walking Dane out. She stopped when she saw Henry.

Sherri said, "You're Henry, right? Etta's husband."

"Yep." Henry stared at Dane, who took a step back. Despite his size, strength and youth, he didn't want a fight. Henry had incentive.

Sherri said, "This is Dane."

Henry said, "I know. But I wanted to speak to you. Actually, maybe Dane, too."

They walked back to her office. Dane and Henry sat on a couch and Sherri was in a chair opposite.

Henry said, "Sherri, are you trying to end my marriage?"

Dane said, "Wait a minute...."

Henry interrupted, "I asked her."

Sherri said, "No. I am not. But I did set up Dane and Etta, to keep Brad from Etta. I asked Dane to distract her. Maybe he was about to go too far."

Dane said, "I didn't go too far. I stopped. She stopped. We stopped. It was the most difficult thing I ever did."

Henry had believed Etta when she told him this, so he believed Dane. He said, "Yes. I had a nice weekend. She was so revved up."

Sherri said, "So, no harm, right?"

Henry said, "She's going to the apartment tonight. Even if Dane doesn't try for her, that guy Dave, or Brad might. And, sooner or later, she'll give in. She's not immune. Far from it."

Dane said, "That is true, I think. I won't see her again. I can't speak for the others."

Sherri said, "Henry, even if she does....slip up, once or twice....couldn't you overlook it? You love her."

"I thought about it. She...this whole apartment idea was hers. I warned her. I couldn't see what she wanted, except different men for sex."

"If it's a limited thing, though...?"

Dane interrupted. "I have to go. My plane. Henry, I'll say what I said to Etta. You're a very lucky man." He waved to Sherri and left.

Sherri turned back to Henry. "Well?"

He said, "No. I haven't told her that, in so many words, but that's how it'll be. She slips, after all this time and warning, we're over. So, please, Sherri, don't toss any more temptation in her way. She has enough."

"That's your stupid male ego. Like you own her."

"Maybe. Everyone has an ego. I have mine. If she chooses to wound it in this way, it'll kill us off. But, I believe it's more than dumb ego. Something between us will be gone. And it will never return. Maybe it's gone already."

Sherri was silent for a time. Then she said, "I'll do what I can. But you should let her know the full stakes."

"Okay. Thanks for listening. Thank God Dane has gone."

Henry got up and started to the door. Sherri stepped in front of him. She looked at him, letting him know what she was thinking. Then she pulled him into a kiss. A hot kiss, which he hesitated to return. She convinced him, though, and the clinch lasted a while.

She stepped back. She said, "I wondered how you kept her this long. I think I see. I was curious."

Henry smiled at her. He said, "Well, if things go sideways, you can fully satisfy that curiosity." He walked out.

Sherri was totally impressed with Henry. He wasn't surprised or taken aback by her advance. It was as if he'd had such experiences before. She thought that, if Etta messed up, she'd have to satisfy her curiosity.

Henry went to lunch with his young aide from the office, Faith. She was a perky, elfin thing, but filled with enthusiasm. Henry liked her a lot. He had asked her out to lunch to discuss a switch in her work duties. But, he also knew that there was some payback motive in the invitation. They had a nice conversation. Faith was single, twenty-five. Henry asked if she had a relationship. And Faith gave him a huge smile when he did.

She said, "No. No, I don't, Henry." There was a pause. Then she said, "But you're married, and I don't see you.....straying."

Henry smiled back at her. "Not yet. Not quite yet."

Faith had a surprised look. She said, "Maybe you should...explain."

"Etta moved into her own place. She said she needed space. Please don't talk about that. But I thought....."

"I'm flattered....that you....well."

"I'm...she....she says it's not for sex."

"But you don't buy that?"

"Not completely. People have a capacity for self-deception. She maybe means it, but this first week has been fraught with close calls. She attracts attention."

"I know. I see her when she visits you."

"I'm sorry, Faith. I seem to be using you as a sounding board."

"Well, Henry, you could be using me for so much more." Now her smile was lewd. Henry reacted to that, and shifted uncomfortably.

He thought, 'First Sherri. Now this.'

She filled the pause in the conversation by licking her coffee spoon, suggestively.

Henry said, in a hoarse voice, "Faith. Believe me, if things get bad, I'll be thinking of you. But not now. Well, I am thinking of you, now. But...."

She laughed, almost like she was laughing at him. And when he considered it, he did see the humor.

The two of them left the restaurant, and went back to work, where Faith began the switch to the accounting section. Henry thought she was too smart to just answer phones and produce documents. Of course, he wouldn't see as much of her when she moved her desk. But maybe he'd see all of her, eventually.

Not until Ella fucked up, though. Then he could see all of Faith and Sherri as well. When he thought that, he was still depressed. He loved Etta. Substituting other women, no matter how young and sexy, was not going to do it for him, if he and Etta split.

He ate dinner, and was watching basketball when he decided to let Etta know exactly what she faced if she had sex outside the marriage. He got up, put on his coat and walked toward her apartment.

Meanwhile, Etta ate a light dinner, and was reading the NYT when she decided to hit the gym. It was eight-thirty. She put on some tights, a workout bra, and sneakers.

There came a knock at the door. It was Sherri. Etta asked her in and said, "What's up?"

Sherri said, "I talked to Henry today. He came by my office as Dane was leaving. We spoke. He was worried because he thought I intentionally was trying to screw up your marriage. You know, with Dane."

"And?"

"Well, I asked him....you know...if he could accept a slip....on your part."

"You mean, you asked him what he'd do if I fucked some guy?"

"Yes. Yes, that was the gist."

"And?"

"He explained that he couldn't stay with you....since you moved out, and had all this warning. It was like he thought you planned to fuck other guys....subconsciously."

"Fuck them subconsciously?"

"No.....subconsciously planned to fuck them. Like fooling yourself."

"I....shit....maybe he's right. Shit. I mean, I love him. We've been together so long."

"And that's a problem? Could be. You want new cocks."

Etta was silent for a while, thinking. Then she said, "There's no doubt that I want new and different dicks. Damn, Sherri!"

"But you'll lose your husband. Not worth it?"

"I don't believe him. He hasn't said that to me. It would only be a hiatus."

"You know, Etta, I gave him a real hot kiss before he left. I was curious about how he could have kept you....satisfied, all these years. And, you know what? I understand. If you toss him, I'm gonna catch him. At least for a while."

'He could come to you for solace. Before we made up..... No, I don't like it!"

"Then don't mess up." Sherri went back to her place.

Etta wore a light coat as she walked to the gym. She was on an elliptical when Dave walked in. They saw each other right away. (Dave had seen her leaving and decided to join her, in as many ways as he could.)

Dave hung up his hoodie, and started on the stationary bike next to Etta's elliptical. Etta smiled at him. She said, "Here to try your luck again?"

Dave saw no reason to lie. He said, "Yes. I followed you here. You look good in tights."

"Thanks. You look good in that tight thing you're wearing. Very good." It was a singlet, that left little to the imagination.

"Do I sense a change in attitude?"

"Dave. Um...I don't know." She paused. "No, Dave. No, I won't. Can't a girl work out in peace?"

"Not one that looks like you, Etta. But I'll call a truce."

So they did their gym things, kinda together. Of course, Dave was way stronger. But Etta had as much aerobic capacity.

They did a round on the strength machines. Etta openly stared at Dave, with his muscles, and his tight singlet. They did another round. The warning bell went. The two of them put on their jackets, and started walking to their building.

Dave was right next to Etta when he stroked her hair. She didn't react. So, he kept stroking - just her hair. Then he said, "I have some nice shampoo in my shower."

Etta looked at him. They were about halfway to the building. She jogged away from him, laughing.

He jogged right with her, and he slapped her ass. Not hard. A love tap. She shrieked. But she didn't do anything to discourage him.

Meanwhile, Henry had arrived at the building. His knock on Etta's door yielded no answer. He thought about knocking on Sherri's door, but decided that he might get into some....problems.

So he went outside to the stoop, and sat on an empty plant holder to wait. It was a matter of minutes before he heard a shriek. Etta's shriek, he thought. He turned to see her jogging with her upstairs neighbor, Dave. Dave was just behind her, and he slapped her ass. Henry got up. He watched Etta and Dave as they ran toward him. He was in shadow, and stayed there.

Etta was caught up in her lust for Dave, stoked by their workout. The first slap was startling. The second one was extremely arousing. She slowed her run, making no effort to escape from her 'attacker.' She rounded onto the walkway up to the front of the building. Dave gave her a final, soft slap on her ass. Almost a caress.

At that point, Etta had every intention of letting Dave fuck her silly. She had almost reached the set of three stairs when.....Henry stepped out from the side of the portico.

Etta stopped dead. Caught dead. It was abrupt and unexpected, and Dave ran right into her. She started to fall forward. But Dave caught her, and pulled her into himself, as she faced away from him. As she faced her very angry husband.

Dave looked up to where she was directing her gaze. He saw Henry. He saw Henry's face. Dave, big as he was, was not prepared to deal with what he saw in that face. A bolt of actual fear raced through his gut. Dave let Etta go. He backed away. Henry was looking right at him, and Dave saw that Henry was about to.....try to kill him. And Dave knew that Henry might succeed, or, if not, Dave would be in big trouble. Funny how these thoughts come so fast.

Dave turned and ran as fast as he could away from Henry. For those first steps, he expected to hear the shot that would kill him. But no shots. He got away. When he was far enough away, he turned to see if Etta was....okay. He felt like a coward. He was a coward. What he saw was the two of them, husband and wife, standing like statues, in the same positions. A tableau of....fear and misery, confronting steely anger.

Etta had no idea what to say to Henry. She knew that he must have seen the slaps, and heard her giggles. She looked directly at Henry's face, and she saw what Dave saw. Anger. Anger that was somehow both steely and alive with fury.

Henry said nothing. He only looked at his wife of so many years. To him, at that moment, they were forever sundered.

After what seemed to Etta like an hour, Henry leapt past her, and jogged away. The move startled her, and she shrank back from him. Then she turned and shouted his name.

"Henry, no, please....please..." But she didn't move toward his retreating figure. Henry saw Dave looking on from halfway down the block, on his route to what had been the marital home.

He started a fast jog toward the bigger man. Dave crossed the street. But he shouted, "We didn't do anything....nothing....just play."

Henry stopped when he was even with Dave, who was across the street. He pointed at Dave with his left hand. He drew his right hand across his own throat. Dave backed away and shut up. Henry jogged off.

When Henry was out of sight, Dave went back to the portico, where Etta was sitting on a step, sobbing quietly. Dave sat down next to her.

He said, "I'm sorry, Etta. I'm so very sorry for my part."

She said nothing. They sat for a while, then the door behind them opened, and Sherri and Brad came outside. The pair stopped when they saw Dave and Etta.