Living Apart Together

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sherri said, "What is it? What happened?"

Etta sobbed. "Henry. Henry's gone."

Sherri sat on the step on the other side of Etta. She put her arm around Etta. She said, "Henry loves you. What happened.?" She was giving Dave the evil eye as she said this.

Brad moved down the stairs and turned to face the three. He said, "Etta....Etta....things will work out."

Etta sobbed. "You didn't see his face. He hates me. Hate. He was so scary. Dave ran away from him."

Brad looked at Dave. Dave said, "I did. He....I mean...I never saw a face like that. I was scared."

Sherri said, "Let's get you inside, girl."

The four of them went into Sherri's apartment. Etta sat on the living room couch.

Sherri brought her a Pepsi. She asked Dave, "What happened?"

He said, "We were just playing, on the way home from the gym. I was....well, slapped her on the butt. A few times. Playful. She was laughing."

Brad said, "So? I mean, why was he so....?"

Etta sobbed out. "He saw what was happening. Henry saw. Dave had me. I wasn't going to stop him. Dave was going to fuck me, and Henry saw that."

Brad stared hard at Dave. "Is that true?"

"Yes. If I had any say. Shit. Who knew? I mean....happens all the time..."

Sherri said, "You jerk. Now what?"

Etta said, in a calmer voice, "I have to accept it. I'm a slut. A total fucking slut. I wasn't before....."

Sherri said, "You're not. Maybe, for some reason, you've become susceptible...just lately."

"Why? Henry knew when I brought it up about living apart together. So stupid. So stupid...."

"Maybe he'll calm down. He loves you."

"He did love me. Very much. You didn't see his face."

"He's hurt. But you didn't DO the deed. He has to man up."

Etta looked at Sherri. She said, "Last week I was gonna fuck three different guys. Only luck that I didn't." she sipped her Pepsi. She made a face. "I need a beer."

Brad got one from the fridge. Strohs in a bottle. He gave it to Etta and she chugged about half of it. It was a quart bottle.

She let it settle. Then she drank almost all the rest. She looked around, dazed. She pulled her phone out from its waist pouch, poked some keys. The other three watched. They heard the ringing sound.

It went to voicemail. Etta spoke in a wavery voice. "Henry, I'm sorry. I never....I didn't dooo it. But I know what you saw. I'm sorry. If you let me, I'll move home. Oh, please. This was a very bad idea. I don't know what's happening to me." She ended the call.

She looked at the others. "I could go to my house."

Dave said, "Not a good idea, Etta. Your husband....I don't like to sound alarmist....but he's kind of a psycho....right now."

After another beer, a normal one, Sherri took Etta over to her place, got her into the shower, and into bed. Dave went to his apartment. Brad went back to bed at Sherri's.

Sherri slept on the couch at Etta's. Etta had fallen right to sleep, and didn't wake until six am.

Henry jogged directly to his house from the confrontation with Dave. Henry knew himself, and he knew that for a few minutes Dave had been in real danger. Henry went to the basement, where there was a twin mattress rolled on a large shelf. He took it down and shoved it against the wall between the workbench and a cabinet. Then he attacked it savagely, punching and kicking until the mattress slumped to the floor. He put it back and did it again. And again. Then he fell to the floor himself, on the mattress.

He slept the night.

When Etta woke in the morning, she was disconsolate. Sherri tried to lift her spirits. But Etta knew how much trouble she had caused. If the process server had knocked on the door right then, she wouldn't have been surprised.

She called in and took off work for the day, in time for a sub to replace her. Sherri, though, had to go to work. She fed Etta some cereal, and made sure she was showered.

Sherri said, "Etta, have you always been so....you know...randy?"

"No. The last few months. It's been ramping up. I'm out of control. I was fooling myself."

"You should go see your doctor. Is it a woman?"

"Yes. Good idea." Etta and Henry were part of a concierge medical arrangement. She got an appointment with Dr. Marian Peters that afternoon. Then she called and left a message on Henry's cell. She said, "Henry, I apologize again. I made an appointment to see Dr. Peters, to see why I'm so.....out of control. This afternoon. Maybe we could talk after."

Henry did go to work on that Tuesday. When he was there, he listened to Etta's two messages. He found that he was still implacably angry at her. Maybe not quite as intensely as last night. As he finished listening, Faith knocked and came into his office. She smiled at him. She sat down. She crossed her legs. She was wearing a short skirt. She said, "Have you considered my offer? Because...it's an open offer. But maybe I'm attacking at your weakest moment, and I shouldn't."

Henry's cock was erect. He asked, "Why me, Faith. I mean, I'm not...."

"I have daddy issues. I'm not asking for some long-term relationship. I only want you to fuck me. I won't tell."

Henry was soooo tempted. He said, "It'll have to wait a day or so, until I see what's up with my almost wayward wife. You have, indeed, attacked at a weak moment. But, honestly, with you, maybe every moment would be a weak one."

Faith stood up. She walked around his desk, leaned over and kissed him, with tongue. And, just like with Sherri, Henry responded. Then she broke it off. She said, "Just a taste." Then she swayed out the door. Henry retreated to his executive bathroom.

When he had completed that task, his head was filled with a Warren Zevon song - Poor, Poor, Pitiful Me. "These young girls won't let me be, Lord have mercy on me. Woe is me!" He found himself laughing.

Etta went to see Dr. Peters. Marian Peters was a member of Henry and Etta's club. She also had two children in Etta's school. She was ten years younger than Etta, married to an older lawyer. She was very attractive, tall, blond.

Dr. Peters asked, "Well, Etta, what seems to be the problem?"

"Marian, I...I can't control my libido. All of a sudden, I'm totally susceptible to guys. Before I could put them off."

She went on to describe her recent close calls with the three studs. It wasn't the most comfortable discussion, because Marian knew both Brad and Dave. And, of course, she knew about Dane Hutchings.

When Etta had finished her soliloquy, Dr. Peters asked, "You turned down Dane Hutchings?" There was a wistful note in her tone.

Etta gave her a sharp look. "Yes. Sort of. He could have had me with one more gesture - of any kind."

Marian said, "I wouldn't have stopped him. Etta. But I do see your problem."

"You wouldn't?"

"No way! Is he...I mean, that scene in the movie...?"

"When we hugged, well.....I think he didn't need help to make that scene."

Marian actually gave a little moan. Then she recalled her role as a physician.

She sat up straight. "Etta, forget my problems. It isn't unusual for a woman of your age to experience increased libido. Most women would welcome that. Many menopausal or pre-menopausal women lose their desire. But some, like you, have a....spurt. Ordinarily, I'd say, you know, get it while you can. But Henry."

"Yes. I don't know what to do."

"Is Henry slowing down?"

"Oh, no! Just the opposite. He's like a teenager when I'm around. It's like I give off some slutty aura."

"You probably do. I'm happy to hear that Henry's...okay."

"He hates me now. Or, maybe not hates. Not now. But last night he did. You should have seen his face. Dave ran away from him."

"Dave? Big, beautiful Dave? Ran?"

Marian was becoming aroused. It had happened gradually, but now there it was. Etta noticed. She said, "Marian, you look like you could do with a nice hard dick, yourself."

"I'm not married to Henry. Doug is.....not interested so much. Maybe you'd lend Henry out."

"Would you cheat?"

"Yes. I haven't yet."

"You could have Brad or Dave."

"Funny, Etta. It was when you described how Dave ran from Henry that I got really hot. About Henry. Sorry."

"I do understand, Marian. What are we to do? There are pills for Doug, right?"

"They don't work so well. He cannot tolerate those meds. He has other issues."

Etta thought a minute. "Is there some medicine that can treat my condition?"

"Not worth it. You'd be....sort of dead down there. Of course, I could help you with Henry."

"Can you write a note to Henry about my....condition? I want to talk to him tonight. Or soon."

So, Marian wrote the note. It described Etta's increased libido as something natural, and difficult to fight off. It said that this phase of her life might last a few months, or for some years.

Henry had listened to Etta's phone messages. After his encounter with Faith, he was not angry at Etta. He thought about Faith and Sherri. He decided that, if had his own place, like Etta did, and one of those women came there, intent on fucking him, he'd give in. Probably a 75% chance. But Etta...somehow escaped. Luck, though. Or bad luck, depending on how you look at it.

He called her cell. She answered. "Henry?"

"I'd like it if you came to dinner tonight with me. We need to talk."

Etta was taken aback by that phrase. But she said, "Can I bring anything?"

Henry laughed. "Just yourself. That'll be enough."

When Etta arrived at her house at six-thirty, she paused at the door. She considered knocking. But she just went right in, shouting, "Henry, I'm here."

Henry greeted her with a hug. There was the smell of stew. Etta saw that Henry had, somehow, lost his anger.

Henry served some red wine. The two sat at the table, before eating.

Henry asked, "How was your appointment with Marian?"

"Unusual. Can I ask....when you go for your annual physical, does she see you? You know, all of you?"

Henry was surprised by that question. The answer was 'Yes.' She saw all of him. And...at times he was not completely soft. He knew that Marian appreciated that. But they never spoke about it.

He said, "Yes."

There was a silence.

Etta started laughing. Henry said, "What?"

Etta said, "She wants your body, real bad. All of your body."

Henry said nothing.

Etta looked at him. "You knew that."

"Sure I did. But I never did anything about it. Can we get back to our main discussion?"

"She told me....well. Here's a note she wrote for you."

Henry read the note. He looked up. "So, what can we do? Suppose you leave the apartment. The studs would still pursue you....that could be a song title....."

Etta laughed. She sang, 'The studs will all pursue me; they all want to do me..." The tune was some commercial ditty.

Henry laughed as well. He said, "Thing is, you want them to do you."

"Henry, I'm sorry. My libido is....overpowering me. Right now, I want to fuck you half to death. It's not just the boy toys."

Henry got up and turned off the stew. Etta....dragged him to the bedroom. She was very assertive about what she wanted. Henry liked that. He always had liked it and Etta knew him well.

She rode him hard, pounding him into the mattress. She was like a whirling dervish of sex. She had two big orgasms, before Henry couldn't stop himself.

She wasn't finished with him, though. She growled at hm, turned around and lowered herself onto his face, as she sucked in his flaccid cock. Henry licked her to another orgasm. And he hardened up. When she came and had him erect, she resumed her attack from on top. She started licking his face clean. This time Henry lasted a very long time. But all good things must end, and Henry had his second orgasm. Etta raised herself up. She looked at Henry. She felt so very powerful.

She said, "Henry, I wasn't thinking of anyone but you. I swear. It's a surprise to me."

He smiled at her. He said, "Let's eat."

They cleaned up and ate some stew. Etta thought about their bout of sex. She decided that Marian's obvious lust for Henry had made a subtle change in her own attitude toward him. Granted, he wasn't boy toy material - quite. But very attractive, younger women were obviously available to him - Marian and Sherri, and also that slut in his office. She chuckled. Imagine her calling Faith a slut. Pot and kettle.

Henry asked, "What?"

She said, "I was just thinking of all the women who would bed you if they could. I was pissed when I got to Faith. I thought she was a slut. Then the irony pf that made me laugh."

"An honest answer. You know, Faith did make an offer."

"She's a slut. Well, maybe just for you. She likes you because you're older. Her powerful boss. She'd never do you like I just did."

"She wouldn't have to."

Etta said, "Henry.....don't get too close to her....."

"Etta. It was Faith's offer. I mean she was open and very convincing. I didn't do it, but I didn't turn her down, either. And I thought about your temptation then."

"And you kissed Sherri. I heard from her."

"Yep. What's a poor boy to do?"

"What do you want, Henry?"

"What I want is to keep married to you and us both be faithful. But, I don't think that's in the cards. Do you?"

"Well....if we tried that, I..."

"So, the answer is no."

"I guess so. I want those boy toys. Maybe not for long. That's all unpredictable."

"And, if you get them, I get a hall pass, too?"

"Yes. But I hate it, Henry. Hate it. That bitch Faith will have you in a New York minute."

"You could give up the apartment and come home now. I'd send her out to the old folks' home for company."

He paused. He started humming a Four Seasons hit - "Let's Hang On to What We've Got." Etta knew the song.

He said, "Etta, if you sleep with some other guy, I will regard that as the end of the marriage we had. The end of our marriage. Something new will take its place. But I don't know what."

"You...the end? I mean, I'd still come back weekends."

"Maybe. Maybe not. Uncharted waters. I'm not really sure I'd......want that. I think maybe I would not want that. You showing up well fucked. Bad things might happen."

"I saw your face. Jesus. Oh, shit. So, you'd move on to some other woman....full time? And I can't come back here?"

"Yes. Well, full time? Unlikely. But you'd not be welcome back, just to go off and fuck around later. If you come back, it would have to be as a newly faithful wife. No more fucking around. And, honestly, I'm not sure I'd welcome you back at all. That's all TBD."

"I don't want to take that risk. I won't. But it's not reasonable, your attitude. Like you don't love me. And, I know you do love me."

"I do. I loved our marriage, which is about to end."

"Okay, okay. I do understand. I have to think. Can I stay here tonight?"

"It's still our house. Until you move on."

They watched some TV, and adjourned upstairs. The two of them paused at the top of the stairs. Then they went to bed in their same old spots. And...after some cuddling, Henry stroked her and fucked her. Then they slept.

In the morning, Etta went to work. Before she did, she told Henry that she'd think over all of what he said.

He said, "Be honest, when you do. Don't come back unless you mean it. The worst thing would be for you to return to the marriage and then fuck it up. There would be no new marriage after that."

"There may not be one, anyway. It looks to me like you have a real hard, inner wall. If I jump it, well, I don't think it'll go away. I'll be out. Over the wall."

"Probably true. You're standing on the top now, to continue your metaphor."

"But I could come back down on your side. Right? Right?"

Henry said, "You hurt me, badly hurt me with all this. Maybe the metaphor breaks down at this point. I....I don't know."

Etta kissed him and left for work.

Henry arrived at his office a few minutes later. Faith was at the front. She looked at him, raised her eyebrows.

Henry shrugged.

Meanwhile, Etta's return to work was of interest to Brad. He had been shaken by the events of Monday evening. Really, it was the first time he had confronted the massive damage he and the other guys had already done. He felt bad about it.

But he was curious. So, at a break, he asked Etta, "Are you okay? You know."

"Not yet determined. Henry's.....on the fence. So am I."

"Etta, I...I feel very bad about my part in this. You were just a challenge. And very desirable. I didn't think beyond my dick."

"I'm the one who messed it up. Well, if I did mess it up. I still...you know. I have the same weaknesses."

"Sherri says that that isn't down to Henry. I think she'd fuck him, if he wanted that."

"I know. How does that make you feel?"

"Not great, but it makes me wonder about you.....if he's not failing you."

"Me, too. Something has ahold of me. I'll let you know."

Etta was distracted the whole day. But she managed to get by. Then she left work. She got into her car. She sat. She headed to her apartment. When she got there, she texted Henry that she was going to sleep there that night - alone - so she had more time to ponder things. She was eating a frozen dinner when Sherri knocked. Etta let her in.

Sherri asked, "Well, what happened?"

"I went back home last night. For a discussion. Then, I raped Henry, but he liked it. I saw my doctor. She said some women my age have excess libido. She seemed to see it as a good thing."

"Is there a cure?"

Etta laughed. "Oh, yes. It's a long, hard cure."

"Brad said he spoke to you today. He's really down about....chasing you."

"Sherri, if I....wanted Brad, or Dave, would you sleep with Henry?"

"Are you asking me to do that?"

"I...maybe if we swapped. Brad for Henry. Just once. I'd get it out of my system."

"Girl, you got it bad. Your man won't stand for it. Not a swap. If you fuck some guy, he's free. Then he'll do it. And, Etta. I'd be very happy to oblige him. Just so you know."

"He is very...creative and fit. Stay away, unless I screw up."

Sherri agreed. She went to her place. Etta pondered some more.

She decided to go for a walk. She put on a jacket and started out the building door. Dave was coming up the stairs. He saw her, and jumped back, as if she had rabies.

He said, "Where's Henry?"

"Don't know. Home, maybe."

Dave said, "Etta, as much as I may want to do it with you, He scares me. So.....please, don't be insulted."

"Not a problem. I was going for a walk. Seeya."

She left. She walked for thirty-five minutes. Then she pulled out her phone and called Henry. He answered. "Have you decided something?"

"Henry, why don't you come over to my place and be my boy toy. All the other studs have either had an attack of conscience or been scared off by my bad assed husband."

"Other studs? Only one real stud for you. I'll be right there."

He arrived very quickly. He liked his new role. Etta did, too.

For the rest of the month, Henry and Etta spent weeknights at her place, and weekend nights at their place. She gave up the lease.

She still thought a lot about those three guys, even when she was with Henry. But Henry was working overtime with her. He was enough.

In March, Henry was making an appointment for his yearly physical. Etta overheard. She took the phone. She said, "Henry needs Dr. Blanton this year." She made the appointment.

Dr. Blanton was a sixty-something guy with thick glasses.

Henry smiled at Etta. "No trust, dear. I believe you're transferring your own tendencies to me."

"Nah. It's Marian I don't trust. You're a man. She might get you if you're already naked. Better this way."

Five years along:

Henry and Etta are still together. Etta's wanton, excess libido has faded, but only slightly. That matches Henry's ability to keep up. It can be said with some certainty that they are not in a rut. Just rutting.

So far, so good.

(Brad married Sherri, with an I. They're doing well. Dave is still at the club. He's in a regular relationship with a married woman - Marian. Her man just couldn't keep up. Dane Hutchings made the Superman movie. His costume was very, very tight in several strategic places. The movie was a big hit. Right at the end of the credits, there was a small line. It said: "To Etta." Henry and Etta saw that at the theater. When they got home, Etta ordered Henry a Superman costume.)