Liv's Legacy: Paula Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Those were strong words, strong accusations, but the truth they spoke of to all had the desired effect on everyone, especially since it was written in The Old Testament.

And then there was the obvious genocide that their god stipulated as doing god's will and being obedient to him. That did leave a foul taste in their mouths.

Lastly, I have to say this one more thing that Elle said to them.

"Once again, think of those kittens who had their perceptions toyed with so that they couldn't function in the reality they were finally released into. Perceptions intentionally altered.

"To that, add this that Liv taught in her classes. She quoted the psychiatrist, R. D. Laing, who said:

" 'The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice.'

"Put this saying with what was done with the kittens, and you'll see they say the same truth: our perceptions can, and do, alter how we see our world.

"Now let's look at what they say Jesus is, and do some comparing. He's supposed to have been irrevocably tied to the Old Testament. We're taught that. Now ask yourself if, after being in this class, if you truly believe that the Old Testament is anything but something that some men wrote, and not the express, inerrant word of any god. Is the Old Testament the express word of any god, inerrant or not?" she asked them.

They knew they had to consider this, and they did. They were at a juncture they knew that they either accepted the truth of the lies, or they lived with them forever. Shortly, the heads began to shake from side-to-side, until they shook in total unison.

"No, it's not," one of them finally said.

"Anyone disagree with that?" Elle asked. Again, all heads shook to say no.

"If the modern Christian church says that Jesus is the son of the god of the Old Testament, and you know that the Old Testament is not as advertised by that same Christian church, that it's a made up thing by men, then you have to ask yourself if you can believe what the modern Christian church tells you is the truth.

"Now ask yourselves if anything Jesus is reported to have said untrue in any way; if it is true that all the things he said would happen before the end of his generation happened, or if it was later changed in the bible to say that it would happen someday, and no man knew when. If that is true, then can you say that the New Testament spoke truly about Jesus, that the words he said were his?

"What I'm trying to get across right now is that they have altered our perception from the day we were born, and thus we tend to block out the truth of the lies, refuse to see them, and when we do, our consciousness edits it out instantly. Therefore we do not see, or, we fail to see, and therefore, as Dr. Laing said, we limit ourselves in all that we think and do.

"Ladies, whoever Jesus was, and whatever he may have said, we have no way of being certain that what they tell us about him is true. That's a shame. This never should have happened back then, or all of the times they wrote as scripture what they thought they should. And more, those fundamentalists never should have shut their eyes as they do to their own bible. Worse, as far as we're concerned, and the true purpose of this class, none of those preachers should be saying that lesbians are an abomination before god.

"Let's look at one famous fundamentalist, and what he says. Pat Robertson of the 700 Club on TV was asked if oral sex was a sin. His answer was that it is not prohibited by the bible, so if two are married, it's okay. The key to this all is him saying that 'it is not prohibited by the bible.' If that's how all fundamentalists believe, then I ask them to show me in the bible where god prohibits women from loving other women.

"Ladies, it's just not there, so there's no way they can tell you it's contrary to any god, and certainly not to their fictional god. We're born lesbians, and that's it. We didn't create ourselves, but we have to live ourselves. "As Liv always said, it is up to each of you to see what you will, and to do what you will; it's all up to you. When you do think about this, if you haven't yet been persuaded, remember the lies of both the Old, and the New Testaments that are much too blatant to deny. To say that you, as lesbians, are an abomination to any god, that is totally false, at least as far as I'm concerned."

* * * *

There was one habit we started after the first session of the first class Elle held, and that was that we always went to spend a few minutes after each session to sit beside the tree where we had mixed in Liv's ashes, and quietly commune with her in our minds and hearts. Doing that gave us a peace that was truly ineffable. Liv would always live in our hearts and minds.

After a few more classes, one of which Haley and Cate attended, we were all at Cate's and Haley's house talking about them, as well as many other things.

"I'll say it again, I wish I had met, and more, known Liv," Cate said sorrowfully. After being in your —her —class, one can't help but notice how clearly she saw what was being preached, and with you adding the few touches you said you did, it made it even more worth learning. It gives new meaning to the present day, and how many of these people say we should be like Jews were in olden times. That brings a chill to me."

"Liv was a rare and beautiful person," Penny said. "I wonder how many others were helped as Caryn was, and as Paula and Anise were, not to mention me and Mary, as well as Jabs. I have to say, Liv lives on."

It was true. Liv would always live in my heart and mind, as well as in Elle's, but also in the minds and hearts of the many others who heard the truth about the lies, and how it is that lesbians are not sinners as many of their churches taught, and definitely not an abomination. What was, and is, an abomination, is that they keep their eyes and minds so closed that they see nothing but the horizontal stripes they were taught to live in, and blindly keep bumping into whatever is in their way, and blithely keep ignoring it.

The worst part is that lesbians unaware of what they are feeling, and keep going to a church that continually lambasts same-sex love and marriage, will continue to block their lesbianism out, yet find they feel a confusion in them that won't quit, and never look at what is causing it.

it will be like that until enough people have the true knowledge of how we've all been lied to since Christianity began. Their pompous, peacock displays of so-called Christianity lull too many people into thinking that this is God's way, and think not about what was said to be Jesus' way, that of simple clothing rather than fine vestments.

And the many who are simply following the lead of such ill-sighted leaders will continue to vote as they are told, or scared into voting as they're told. Surely Proposition 8 will come up again, and maybe soon. May Liv's words and teachings reach the many and at the very least save some the anguish that I and others have already gone through. But all we can do is to reach out to our lesbian sisters one at a time who have been afflicted in their minds and hearts as I was when Liv found me. May they, as well as others, be saved and enlightened to the truth of the lies.

End

wistfall1

Liv's Legacy: Paula, parts 1 and 2 ©, is copyright by wistfall1 and is an original story. No use, copying, or reproduction in any manner without the express written consent from wistfall1.

1...345678