Loneliest Man Who Ever Lived Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Suddenly, Doctor Franklin was all smiles. "By all means. Talk it over, Harry." He abruptly got up and left the breakfast table.

Harry looked at Goldie, and the android copy of Goldie. "Let's go outside for a walk, where we can have a little privacy, all right?"

"Harry, we can't have any privacy with that thing with us," said Goldie. She stared at her other self, who gave her a mocking smile.

"Just come with me," he said, dragging her by the arm.

********

"And so you slept with her, even knowing it wasn't me?"

"I had to be sure," said Harry.

"And were you?" Goldie asked, looking into his eyes.

Harry sighed. "She's a very good copy, Goldie. And therein lies the dilemma."

"What dilemma? Let's leave and get out of here!"

"Doctor Franklin will not let you leave," said the android.

"What?" said Goldie.

"He lied about that. He will imprison or kill you before letting you go," said the android.

"He told me he doesn't care if this facility is discovered," said Harry.

"He doesn't. But he fears you will be captured by The Foundation and forced to work for them. They are our competitors now. You would be a formidable asset for them. Doctor Franklin wants to deny them that."

"Why are you telling us this?" Goldie asked. "Aren't you programmed to obey Doctor Franklin?"

"I am programmed to be the exact replica of you, Goldie MacPherson," said the android. "And just as you were programmed to love Harry, so was I."

"No... no....." said Goldie.

"It is the same thing," said the android. "The Foundation programmed you to love Harry. Doctor Franklin programmed me to do the same. Are we really so different?"

Goldie felt like a vital point was being conceded. She looked up at Harry and shook her head violently. "It isn't the same, it isn't. She has a line of code in a computer program. My love for you... whatever its origin, it's grown organically. Think of all the experiences we've had, Harry!" She looked up at him anxiously, trying to read his expression. She couldn't tell what he was thinking, and it frightened her.

"There is another factor to consider," said Harry quietly. "When we find the Chair, and we find out what was done to you, you may want to be deprogrammed. Once you are deprogrammed, you won't love me anymore, Goldie."

"If we find the Chair. If we find out what really happened to me. If I decide to get deprogrammed. That's a lot of if's, Harry," said Goldie.

"There is another consideration," said the android. "We have some familiarity with The Foundation's process of mental conditioning. It tends to wear off over time if reinforcement is not given on a regular basis."

"You mean... I could just fall out of love with Harry, at any time?"

"Yes," said the android.

Harry looked torn. He held Goldie by the arms."This might be better for both of us. When you get deprogrammed, or when your conditioning wears off, you won't want me anymore."

"No!"

"But with the android, I can have you forever," said Harry, and to Goldie's horror he saw the unabashed interest in his eyes.

"Harry... you would rather have a robot, than me?"

Harry paused a long moment. "No, of course not. But if the choice is having you for a few more weeks, or having an android version of you for the rest of my life... I'm just afraid of losing you, Goldie. I don't want to lose you again." And to her surprise, she saw tears beginning to well up in his eyes.

"And you're so afraid of losing me that you'd give me up, to be with a robot?"

"What would you do, if you were in my place?" Harry asked. "If you could have a day, or a week, or a month with me, or a lifetime with a likeness which was almost as good... who would you choose?"

Goldie looked up at him with fierce eyes. "It would be no contest, Harry Crater. I would take a day with you over a lifetime with that thing. We have a special bond, Harry, a special bond that nothing can break. I'm getting really tired of you talking about how I'm going to leave you, Harry. You can forget it, it's not going to happen. And I'm not going to give you up for this fuckable toaster here." She grabbed him tightly. "You are going to stay with me, Harry Crater, until the very end, whether it's a day, a week, a month... or the rest of our lives. And I'm not going to take no for answer."

Harry looked into her angry blue eyes, and something in him melted. He nodded, ever so slightly.

"Kiss me, Harry. Kiss me like we're going to be together for the rest of our lives."

Harry obeyed. The android version of Goldie watched dispassionately as the lovers wrapped their arms around each other. The android saw Goldie moan as she moved her arms up and down Harry's back, touching, feeling, caressing, and saw Harry doing the same. She processed the movements of the arms, and filed them away under passionate kissing--arm positions. It could be useful in future encounters.

Finally, when they parted, Goldie looked up at him and said, "Well?"

"We stay together," said Harry thickly. "Always."

"Well, now that that's settled, what do we do with the toaster?" Goldie said.

They both looked at the android.

"I will help you escape," said the android. "But I have one condition."

"What is that?" Harry asked.

"Take me with you."

*******

"Harry, I am not going to share you with a toaster," said Goldie. "We can buy her an electric toothbrush. She can make love to that."

"I'm not asking you to share me with her," said Harry.

"I'm also not hearing you say that I'm not going to have to share you with her."

"You're not."

"So we're going to get rid of her at the first opportunity, right?"

Harry looked away.

"Harry?"

"She could be useful to us."

"How? As a fuckbot on days when we're fighting? No, Harry. The fuckbot goes, the first opportunity we get." She grabbed his thing between her legs. "I own this, Harry. It's mine. All mine. I'm not sharing this with another woman, with a toaster, or a blender, or a meat grinder." She squeezed him hard, for just a moment.

"Ow," said Harry. "Did you have to say meat grinder?"

"I just wanted to be sure I had your attention," said Goldie.

********

They left at night. The android had just finished cutting a hole through the perimeter fence when Claire showed up. She held a compression pistol.

"I was assigned to watch you," said Claire. "Doctor Franklin suspected you might try to escape. Please come with me."

The android Goldie approached Claire. "Harry wants to leave, Claire."

"I am not programmed to let Harry leave, Goldie," said Claire.

"But I am programmed to be loyal to Harry," said the android. She stood face to face, staring at Claire for a long moment. Then she reached out for the compression gun. There was a struggle, and a shot went off. Claire looked blankly as the android Goldie fell to the ground, with a gaping hole in her chest.

Goldie sprang forward and grabbed the gun from Claire.

"Give me the gun, Goldie," said Claire.

"You know, I barely liked you as a person, much less a robot," said Goldie. She fired, and Claire's chest exploded. She fell down to the ground.

They heard the sounds of rapidly approaching footsteps.

Goldie ran to the hole in the fence. "Harry, let's go."

"Wait!" said Harry. He leaned down, to the android on the ground. She had a smoking hole in her torso. But otherwise, she looked just like Goldie.

"Harry," she whispered, looking up at him. "Harry... I... I love you." And then her features went slack.

"Harry!" Goldie cried.

Harry, fighting back tears, followed Goldie through the fence.