All Comments on 'Loneliest Man Who Ever Lived Ch. 18'

by GaryLMMartin

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

On and on it goes and where it stops. no one knows!

5

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Still interesting and great read

5stars

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum11 months ago

If this was paradise, Jerri would have died in childbirth giving Harry a son and allow Goldie to be a mother. But at last this is story reality, Harry has no son but has found true love for both of them. Also how do they escape The Vangard facility? There must be minimal security, Goldie took second gun from dead guards.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

Very well done!

You will have to find a way to deal with all these loose ends you've created, as now we have the Vanguard, an organization dedicated to running businesses and indoctrinating people to their way of thinking through schooling? We have the Foundation, which wishes to brainwash key players to run the world; there is the Society, which endeavors to breed Normals out of existence; we have the last group which wished to dumb down Fourthers to 80-100 IQs; we have the one group with an ersatz chair that makes people sputtering idiots...Obviously sooner or later, 3 of those 5 groups (the last 2 won't factor into things except for cannon fodder or comic relief) will have a hell of a fight or engage in much smaller skirmishes, where 1 or 2 get eliminated and 1 remains or perhaps amalgamates with remnants of all 3. Either way, both Harry and Goldie will have to truly start planning and helping each other: Goldie has the imagination and resourcefulness while Harry has the smarts. They need to now move forward together to anticipate possible capture attempts and even start finding allies of their own to form counterattacks. The story strikes me as part "The Walking Dead" meets "Bourne" (Jason and Marie) and part "Scorpion" (Walter and Paige). Harry is a lot like Walter, whom was so smart he couldn't figure out simple things, but Paige always balanced him out. So, you've created a lot of threads and possible angles you'll have to work out on that side, and I don't envy the task you've set before yourself.

I enjoyed how Harry discovered no matter how smart Jerri was, she wasn't Goldie--and he finally figured out why he loves Goldie and when he fell in love with her. You use the story to drive home the point that while intelligence impresses, playfulness, wit and grit steal the show. That's very human. You even (in the last 2 stories) show you understand the original premise of the "romance" genre, which is that someone loved (or could be) must die. Kudos on that, as that takes some guts. What takes more is for Harry to stick with Goldie, knowing she'll never give him kids--but he truly loves her--and that closing sequence of them truly "making love" was so incredibly well-drawn. Most definitely a 5 for this installment!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Yay, Corlioni fam is finally having a child. I wonder if the child will go after Michael, James, Leo, Steve, Dave, Leo, Frank or ... . Regardless, he will be a lucky child knowing that the female sides always pull through dispute all the continued challenges! Good luck Fam

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Say yes to Jerri>>> Leave Clair and Goldie alone ( this Turk and Persi are useless!!) Though Gary might be more happy with Michael! Frank or Harry sorry for being inadvertently forced to waste your time for this. You did deserve better and the orchestration was not done by flawed human, otherwise it would have succeeded!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

WONDERFUL, 10 stars! It's a shame an egg couldn't be planted in Goldie for her husband, Harry to fertilize and they could have their baby. After carrying a little human inside her for 9 mos., It's HER baby and SHE's a MOMMY!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGaryLMMartin@GaryLMMartin
Prolific author, many books at http://garylmmartin.com . Bred by the Hive fans see this: https://garylmmartin.com/parasites.html Planet P fans see this: https://garylmmartin.com/earthgirls.html