Long Overdue Time Away Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I continued to tenderly kiss her and caress her. It was as if she needed to feel we were one. No longer living for our self but for the other. I really am not sure how long we made love, her contractions were slow, unhurried. We had the rest of our lives to be in a hurry. This morning we would not be, the journey was our focus not the destination. There is however only so much a man could take of this beautiful woman riding him. She could feel it starting to mount in me and her contractions became stronger and more intense. She was cumming and then I was too. Again looking at her closed eyes her tears never stopped. And while this time we didn't reach the feverish pitch we often had, this was emotionally deeper than anything I had ever experienced. I came and kept cumming, a slow spasm that went on and on. Karen opened her eyes and looked into my eyes deeply it was the same for her it was as though we were on a perpetual mutual orgasm.

"Well I guess we should shower and get ready to go. I cant believe we never left the couch today." I laughed.

" I know but I needed that." Karen said looking into my eyes. "It was like I needed to regain my balance or something. I think the whole airport thing was a harder on me than I wanted to admit. I have spent too much of my life trying to be too strong. You let me be vulnerable, I am safe with you. I know I don't have to carry all the weight all the time. Thank you. You being able and willing to carry me sometimes is something I hadn't realized I needed until last night. You mean so much to me."

******************

Arriving at Sanches's I couldn't help but look at it in a different light. I saw the old cannery buildings not for what the are, but what they were to become. I don't know if I had ever been as excited to start a project as I was for this one.

"Hey you guys over here." Melinda was waving from the same table in the corner that overlooked the harbor we sat at when I had been here before. Sanches's was busy tonight, every table was full and the bar was standing room only. As soon as we got close enough for Melinda to see the ring on Karens finger she squealed with excitement and the two of them were beside them selves talking up the engagement. While the two of them got settled in I went to the bar to get a couple of beers for Karen and I.

Steve was just coming out of the men's room when I caught his eye "IPA?" I pointed at him. He nodded so I held up my finger telling the young lady working the bar one more. She delivered it with a smile as I handed her my card and told her to keep it open. Karen smiled at me as I did. It was as if I could read her mind. I was months away from being part owner of this place and I gave her my card. I shrugged my shoulders as if to say force of habit.

The talk quickly turned to what everyone had seen on the news. It wasn't something we were crazy about reliving again but we knew it was natural for there to be curiosity so we put on a smile and explained what happened. It was starting to become apparent Steve wasn't crazy about the fact that I shot the gun man. And after a few more IPA's he actually got a little belligerent about it and said the shot I took was irresponsible, I could have missed. I could have shot Karen. I was pissed. There hadn't been enough time yet to scratch this scab off with out a reaction from me. I think I was mostly insulted that he thought it was a flippant response on my part. That I hadn't considered the ramification of shooting a target six inches away from my future wife's head. "Irresponsible my ass! I was not about to let him shoot Karen, not when I could prevent it. Besides, I don't miss."

The festive mood had left and Melinda escorted Steve to the car clearly mad at him for saying what he said.

"I'm sorry. I should not have let Steve get under my skin like that." I told Karen as we drove back to her house.

"Don't worry about it, Steve will be fine. He some times opens his mouth before he thinks about what's going to come out. He means well. I'm sure he is getting an earful from Melinda right now though. Karen drove, she had had less to drink than me and it was better for her to drive.

************************

We had our meeting with Eddie. We both were a little worried he wouldn't want to stay on as the brew master but thought we would cross that bridge when we came to it. We agreed on a buyout and the contract would include a minimum of three years of him staying on as the brew master. He actually seemed relieved that he would be able to focus on just brewing beer.

The next step was for us to get an architect and an engineer and get some plans drawn. After our meeting with Eddie, I made a few calls including an architect I used in California they knew someone in the area told me he would pass along my information and have them contact me.

"I need to check in with Ron down at the marina. It has been a while since I have seen him". Karen stated. "Let's walk, it'll be good for us." She filled me in on Ron, he was high functioning autistic. "He has these small areas where he is brilliant, he remembers all the transactions of the day and can basically provide a balance sheet at the end of the day from memory. Much of his life he can manage on his own. He just needs someone to help him make it all work together. We help him with that. Our accounting office keeps track of his finances and we pay Susie to check in and help him with the rest."

"That's very kind of you, what got you involved with him?"

"His mother that he lived with was elderly, and when she passed he didn't know what to do. It didn't even occur to him to call anyone, he didn't know how. He was found in the house with her body. It wasn't good. He was traumatized. The Sheriff didn't know what to do with him. He was cleared of any wrong doing, but that took time and meanwhile he was in a mental health facility and it wasn't good for him. I heard about it and he was awarded into my custody. He just needs a purpose, its good for him. It's very routine at the marina and that's what works for him."

********************************

12