Longing For You Ch. 06

Story Info
Two new roommates, and Hop makes the ultimate committment.
10.2k words
4.76
1.9k
5

Part 6 of the 6 part series

Updated 04/04/2024
Created 03/21/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jroseemi
jroseemi
145 Followers

Things were good as the new school year started for them. Theo was finally taking classes that fully aligned with what he wanted to do, and Hop was getting into classes that would help him with his future career. Football practices had begun and there were a few weird looks from some players when they found out Hop was dating Theo, but no big blowouts. Most of the team just accepted it and moved on to figuring out how to best come out on top this season.

The swim team took it well too. In fact, there were a few out members of the team who quickly became friendly with Theo as they practiced. They were friendly to Hop as well, though Hop got the feeling that they were judging him a little on being bisexual rather than gay. Any talk that had to do with ex-girlfriends always got him the side eye, though it was done when Theo couldn't see it.

The only thing that seemed to shake things up at first is when Theo brought home two cats who had been injured by humans. One was a black cat who had been shot by BB guns which caused her to lose an eye, and needed the wounds cleaned and antibiotics given regularly, and the other was a siamese maine-coon mix with long fur that had recently lost a leg. They had bonded while in a rescue but the rescue leader had been looking for a foster family and Theo had volunteered.

It was clear after a week though that Theo was rather attached to the two cats, who had been named Mewtiny (black cat) and Clawdia (siamese) by the rescue. It was a reminder to Hop just how good Theo was with animals. Even when they were hurting and scared, he could seem to calm them down.

Hop had a chuckle over the names and quietly went along with Theo to the pet store to pick up "catification" items to make their home more friendly for the two pirates. When they got their "haul" home, Hop did most of the work putting the shelves up for the cats to climb on and one of the cat trees together and such. Theo enjoyed watching while he got the shelves up, though, and especially loved when the cats came up to check out what Hop was doing while Theo put together the other cat tree and got the scratching posts spread throughout the house.

Theo got their dinner put in bowls before he gave each cat their pills. He was gentle about it, but sure in his technique. Clawdia took the pill far easier than Mewtiny did, so he would spend a little extra time with the black cat getting the pill into her throat before massaging her neck to get her to swallow. Then he gave them each a treat before putting their food bowls on the ground.

"They're both gaining some weight now," Theo commented as he sat down next to Hop. "They were brought into the rescue from the street but the rescue said they were sure they used to be pets at one point. Clawdia is declawed though, so it's a wonder she did as well as she did outside, the poor thing."

Hop looked at Clawdia, taking in her position bent over the food bowl, still eating a bit like she might not know where her next meal may come from or when, in sympathy. He had already learned not to try to pet them while they ate; they were both still a touch food aggressive. They didn't bite, but their growls left no doubt that they meant business. As much as Hop felt that he may not have been completely ready to care for another living being when they came home with Theo, he had quickly fallen in love with them, particularly when he realized that Theo would not part with them.

Once the two of them were done eating, Mewtiny jumped up onto the cat tree to curl up and Clawdia came over to them to lay across their laps. Her coloring all came from her flame point siamese side, but her size was all maine coon, as was the floof coming from her ears. She could easily lay across both of their laps when she really wanted to spread out. When Theo started petting her belly, she let out a loud purr that showed how content she was. It had taken a good week or two to get her comfortable enough to do this, but now it was her favorite thing.

Hop stroked Clawdia's rear quarters and tail, careful to pet her as evenly as he could to help keep her fur from becoming matted. Clawdia was pretty good at grooming herself, as evidenced by the occasional hairball that the men found on the kitchen floor, usually fairly near the trash can. She probably didn't need regular grooming from humans, but she seemed to appreciate it and Hop liked the feel of her fur. It was soft and luxurious, unlike the wiry, almost coarse fur that Mewtiny sported. The black cat's coat was starting to get softer now that she was being taken care of and petted regularly though.

Despite classes and the care of the cats, they found time for their sports and dates. They didn't go to parties here as often as they did at their other school, but they made appearances and went to each other's games and meets. Theo tended to wear one of Hop's clean jerseys to the games to show his support of his boyfriend.

They got halfway through the semester without anything big coming up before Trevor messaged them to say he would be in Ohio and would love to see them. Trevor showed up with his brother Benji, who greeted them and thanked them for being there for Trevor. Trevor was using a cane to walk around but was out of the cast now.

"Your house looks great," Trevor commented as they sat down. "And you both look like you're doing well here, which I'm glad to see. Are the sportsball people being okay with you, Hop?"

Hop chuckled at the sportsball reference and shook his head to indicate that he had not had any trouble while saying, "I almost forgot about 'sportsball.' They've been fine. Most of them weren't surprised close to the end of the season with an announcement of a big change, either. I don't really blame most of the guys in Michigan who reacted lukewarmly and even mildly negatively. And the guys who acted on their homophobia got what was coming to them."

"They did, yes," Trevor agreed.

"What brought you to Ohio? Just missing our beautiful faces?" Theo joked.

"Always," Trevor laughed and then looked over at his brother with a more somber expression. "Benji here goes to school at Kent State, but he lives in the Akron area. Apparently the Cleveland Clinic is one of the hospitals to go to, so I went and saw one of their orthopedic surgeons."

Hop nodded his agreement with Trevor. "Cleveland Clinic is pretty well-known all across the country, from what I gather. Who knew we grew up a few hours away from such a place."

"Benji used them when he was dealing with a sports injury himself, so he pushed for me to go," Trevor agreed. "Their plan is to replace the joints completely. It's a big surgery but he thinks that they could get me back to some form of dancing if we do it. I probably will never do the jumps I used to do, but something would be nice. Mom and Harper agreed to come down here for Christmas instead of us coming to them, and Benji and his friends are going to help during recovery. I'm terrified but hopeful."

Theo smiled sympathetically at Trevor. "Well, anything we can help with, let us know. Even if it's just sending you a pizza or something."

Hop smiled broadly. "What he said! So you're going to be the Bionic Man? That's so cool!"

Trevor laughed at that. "Somewhat, yeah. They'll replace the knee and ankle with titanium joints instead. It might mean other surgeries down the line to replace them but it's better than my movements being this stiff."

"Use your downtime well," Theo offered. "Sleep, rest, but maybe learn some more skills while you're laid up too."

"I was actually thinking I'd learn more about drumming, guitar, and bass while I'm recovering," Trevor said. "I've done a lot of sleeping but I get bored easily. I've read a ton but I'm itching to do other things."

Hop chuckled, "Here I was thinking you were talking about cross-stitch and knitting for a minute."

Trevor grinned at that while Theo gave a smirk. "I mean, that is a possibility too," Trevor added. "I'm itching to do stuff with my hands, since they still work fine. I figured I'd figure out how to lean into social media to make a name for myself in music, and learn new instruments as I go."

Hop glanced over at Theo, remembering his promise to himself to try to be more friendly with Trevor for his love's sake. "I'm sure you'll master new instruments in no time; you're very talented. I have about as much musical talent as the guy who invented the bagpipes," he said self-deprecatingly.

"You're incredibly technically smart though," Trevor commented. "Put me in front of machines and I'm lost. Not you, though."

"And I can tell you the difference between male and female animals and insects any day of the week," Theo joked. "It's nice that we all have different strengths. We can help each other. I look forward to seeing what you create, Trev. I have no doubt you'll shine."

Trevor gave a tight smile this time, some of his insecurities coming up to the forefront. "I hope so. I had a lot of confidence because I was a triple threat, you know? I act, I sing, I dance. Now I only have two left, and dancing was my strongest ability. I'm hoping I can find myself in this; the new me, or something."

Hop tried to be helpful, "Who knows? Maybe it'll be like when folks go blind. Maybe your other talents will turn out to be even stronger because you'll be able to focus on them for a little bit while you heal and rehabilitate yourself."

"That's what I'm hoping," Trevor said. "I'd like to feel confident about my abilities no matter what happens. Gay bashing isn't new, and happens too often, and I could lose something else later, so..."

Hop looked down at his hands, embarrassed. "I'm sorry, Trevor. I still blame myself for your injuries. I don't know that I could have done anything any different, but it still feels like if I hadn't been such a hard target..."

Trevor shook his head at that. "Even without your imposing size, they wouldn't have targeted you. They were angry at Theo because they viewed him as the one ruining everything. Going after you for the choice to move with Theo never would have made sense. And I made my choices in this too. It could have just as easily been River, or Theo, who got this injured. But I swung first because I wanted to give Theo time to run. Didn't expect him to go all Casey Jones on them."

Theo's face reddened at that. "The hockey stick was the closest thing to me. It just made sense to attack with it."

Hop started humming a song by the Grateful Dead. Theo gave another embarrassed look while Trevor started laughing. After that they fell into more easy conversation, talking about classes and sports. Trevor stayed with them for four days, giving him the chance to spend quality time before he had to go back north to get his surgery.

All of their new friends that met Trevor seemed to have read the news stories from when they got attacked, so they all had questions for him, which he seemed to take in stride. Both Theo and Hop thought he handled it far more graciously and positively than they would have.

Trevor had always been an incredibly perceptive person, so when he first met Isaiah and Dylan from the swim team, he noticed the way they acted towards Hop. They were sickly sweet about it when Theo was around, but they asked a lot of questions about whether Hop missed pussy or missed being with women when Theo was busy with something else.

"So, what's with that bullshit?" Trevor asked at one point when Theo was outside talking to them and a few other swim team members, leaving Hop and Trevor alone.

Hop looked out at the group and shrugged, "They seem to think 'bisexual' means 'promiscuous' or 'noncommittal'."

Trevor stared at him for a moment before he snorted and shook his head. "They don't know you very well then. Even before Theo, you really only ever put your attention and romantic care into one person at a time. I was worried at first when you two started...experimenting, I guess you could call it. But you're all in now and no woman shaking her ass at you is going to change that."

Hop smiled appreciatively. "I'm glad to have you on my side, Trevor. You're very observant, though that doesn't surprise me."

"So is Theo," Trevor said as he patted Hop on the shoulder. "If he doesn't see their actions now, he will soon enough. And just like you fight for him, he'll claw some bitches for you too."

Hop sighed, "I hope he doesn't have to fight anyone. I'm not trying to gatekeep who he keeps around himself, but I have never had time for fake friends who are only all about what they get from you. I know he'll get there eventually, and he's worth waiting for. After all, he waited this long for me."

"He'll get there soon, I'm positive," Trevor replied. "They'll say something in front of him and he'll put them in their place."

Trevor wasn't wrong either. Before he left, he commented to Theo that it seemed like Isaiah was interested in Theo. Theo just let out a sigh and nodded, letting Trevor know that he was already aware of it.

"I know it's hard to have someone liking you like that when you aren't interested, but remember that shutting it down is important," Trevor told him the day he went back up to his brother's. "Especially for Hop's sake."

Theo could see the truth in that. He didn't want Hop to think that he was okay with someone trying to make a move on him when he was clearly taken. One of the next practices they were at, Theo worked harder on brushing away any of the flirty actions that Isaiah tried on him. If he touched Theo's arm, Theo would move or brush his hand away.

"What's with you?" Isaiah finally asked Theo as he pulled his swim cap off, noticing Hop coming into the pool area to sit on the stands nearby.

"Just reminding you that I'm in a relationship," Theo replied calmly. "I'm committed to Hop, and I understand having no control over who you like, but you need to respect my relationship."

Isaiah looked surprised and then glanced over at where Hop was again, as did Dylan. "I know he's your best friend and everything, but...I mean, he seems like he barely admits to being bisexual. The statistics are on the side of him eventually settling down with a woman later. Not you."

Theo looked at Isaiah sharply. "You think outing himself to all of the sports teams and the college, and our friends and his family, is barely admitting it? That took a lot of courage. He's not some confused kid who is just experimenting in the shadows or anything."

"Has he even bottomed?" Dylan asked.

"That's no one's business but mine and Hop's," Theo warned him with a cold tone of voice.

"It says a lot though, if he hasn't, doesn't it?" Isaiah said while trying to touch Theo's shoulder again. Theo brushed his hand away from him again though.

"It says that not everyone likes a dick in their ass," Theo replied and pulled his pants up before he told them he'd see them at the next practice and made his way over to where Hop was. He pulled his swim cap off and shook out his platinum hair, combing it with his hand before he set his eyes on his boyfriend.

Hop smiled at him, patting the seat next to him. "Wanna sit and watch the next heat?"

Theo sat down next to Hop and put his arm around him. "Sure, though I'm surprised you'd want to. I know you and some of the swim team get on like oil and water."

"Yeah, but you seem to like them," Hop observed. "Plus, I wanted to show you this and there's WiFi here." Hop pressed something on his phone and Theo's phone buzzed with a message notification. "Install that app, then I'll walk you through how to check in on the Pirates when we aren't home."

Theo let out a sigh at the comment about him liking them, because right then he wasn't so sure, and Hop caught it but Theo pulled his phone out before either of them could say anything about it. He downloaded the app like Hop asked him to. He let Hop show him how to use the app and his face brightened up as soon as he saw Mewtiny and Clawdia snuggling together on the couch.

"Hop, this is awesome!" Theo exclaimed. "Did you do this yourself?"

"Yeah, the new coach only gave us the day because she had something come up so I spent the time I would have been practicing doing this. Pretty neat, huh?" Hop asked excitedly.

"It really is," Theo said and looked at his boyfriend with an expression that showed how proud he was of Hop. "You really have a knack for this. I'm so impressed, babe."

Hop hugged Theo to himself with a proud smile. "I do what I can. I know they matter to you, and it would give you peace of mind to know they're okay when no one's home. Besides, if I bring some girl over to cheat on you with, you'll know." Hop said that last part with a wink and a smirk.

Theo let out a little snort as if that was ridiculous and kissed Hop on the cheek. "I appreciate being able to see the Pirates, thank you. That second reason is completely unnecessary because I know how much you hate cheaters."

Hop smiled and nodded. "I do. But your friends don't seem to think the same thing, from the way they've avoided me completely and the looks I keep seeing them give me. Biphobia looks terrible on them."

Theo glanced back over at where Isaiah and Dylan were standing before he let out a huff of annoyance and leaned his head on Hop's shoulder. "I know, but they're being idiots. And Isaiah has ulterior motives for feeling that way. Sadly, biphobia is really common in the community. I know you better than that though, and in the same way that all of us gay men are not promiscuous sluts unable to settle down with one partner, most bisexual people aren't incapable of picking a partner and not cheating."

Hop reeled back in mock-surprise, "What?!? Are... are you not a slut? I feel I have been led astray!"

"I've had my slut phase for sure, but now I'm just a slut for you," Theo said with a laugh. "You could probably talk me into most things in bed."

Hop arched an eyebrow, "Oh really? That's good to know..."

"I'd be afraid of you saying that if I didn't trust you so much," Theo said with a chuckle. "You done with classes and practice then? We could pick up Chinese and go home."

"Yeah," Hop answered. "Let's get out of here."

Theo smiled at him and stood up, holding out his hand for Hop to take as he got out of his seat. Theo ignored the stares from his swim buddies as they left the pool hand in hand. Theo called to order the food as they walked to the restaurant and then took it home where Theo got the cats their meds and dinner before sitting down to eat with Hop.

"How long do you think domestic bliss will continue before something ridiculous happens?" Hop asked while they ate. "I love it when it's quiet and 'boring' like this, but it always seems like something comes along to disturb us."

Theo chewed the bite he had taken slowly while he considered that. "Hard to say. I think life just naturally comes with a lot of ups and downs unless you're rich and can throw money at your issues. We've faced troubles together before, and we can do it in the future too."

Hop nodded at that, "I'm not worried about how we're going to handle it, I'm worried about what it might be. I like to be prepared."

"Well, we could always go through some scenarios if you'd like," Theo relied. "Isaiah wants to get you out of the way to date me, I think, but I don't know that he'll do anything specific. Our teams down here have been pretty good about us being out, but other teams may be less thrilled. And you're already turning a ton of heads on the cheerleading squad."

"I'm not worried about Isaiah as long as you're honest and communicative with me. Our teams have been good, and from what I can tell the other teams will be as well. I'm definitely not worried about cheerleaders. Even the male cheerleaders here are vapid," Hop said, ticking off each of Theo's attempts to identify potential problems on his fingers. "We already know how our families have reacted but they could still find ways to throw monkey wrenches. I'm not super worried about that, but it does give me pause."

jroseemi
jroseemi
145 Followers