Loosening Up Bk. 04 Ch. 11-15

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ken walked out from behind the podium and out a side door. Owen, Dave, Alice, and Doug also slipped out and went back to the waiting room where they'd first seen Ken. He joined them there.

One of the suits was congratulating him on managing the press briefing exceptionally well.

Ken turned to his friends and said, "I guess I'm off until tomorrow morning when NTSB gets here and wants to put my ass in a wringer. How about we go and ... I rarely say this ... but I need a drink. I'm told to be back at the crash site at 0700 hours."

Dave called the limousine, and the five of them slipped out a side door of the hospital right into the Hummer. They were whisked into nearby Lawrence, Kansas, where Dave had arranged a suite of rooms for the party. As they checked in, Ken was able to get a shaving kit and toiletries from the hotel concierge. There wasn't much he could do about a change of clothes; he just shrugged. The others had their 'Go Bags' from home.

There was a mini-bar in the room. Ken poured a couple of the small liquor bottles containing bourbon into a glass with some ice, pulled off his tie, and sagged onto the sofa. He put his head back and said, "Shit, that was close. Very close. I almost killed 166 people, myself included."

Doug was on him instantly, "But you didn't, CAPTAIN. You kept your head, you did your job, and you saved everyone. Yes, there were injuries, but you had nothing to do with those. You did exactly what you were supposed to do. Don't you dare start to incriminate yourself. You were reacting to a situation you had nothing to do with creating. You are blameless, and from everything I heard and know about aviation there's not a shred of evidence to the contrary."

Ken sighed, "Yeah, I guess. Pep me up in the morning, Bro. I'll need it. All the alphabet soup guys will be all over me from the time I get to the airport – FAA, NTSB, and who knows who else."

"Yeah, and the accident forms for the insurance company are a bitch to fill out too," Doug teased. "Just explain that you were stopped at the light when the guy ran into you from behind."

"Ha ha!" Ken said sarcastically.