Loosening Up Bk. 08 Ch. 06-10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Cricket grinned, "I've danced at the Club, too. I think I made a thousand bucks in one night. That included giving about a dozen lap dances to some of the horny patrons. They liked small women with pert breasts as I squirmed on their lumpy hard laps." She giggled.

"YOU WORKED AT THE CLUB?" Kellie shrieked in surprise.

"I just did it for fun -- as a lark. Jim let me keep my earnings. They were unimportant compared to the experience. In some ways, I was loosening up."

Kellie glanced at Dave, "And you ... you're rich."

Dave chuckled, "I made some prudent investments in my time and money."

"Are you paying part of my scholarship?" She kind of addressed the question to both Cricket and Dave.

Dave shrugged, "Indirectly. Both Cricket and I gave some large amounts of money we'd earned, at least for us, to the Bennett Foundation. Other people including our friends in the Circle have done likewise. You are one of beneficiaries right now. In the future we hope you'll be the position we're in to put money in that Foundation to work towards laudable goals."

Kellie digested that piece of information and then said, "I read the book about the Circle. You had said to read it before I decided whether to take room and board here."

Dave nodded and Cricket laughed. She hadn't been party to the conversation but she could guess how reading her book about the Circle, particularly the sexual habits and practices, could impact someone with no idea about the place.

Kellie looked around at everyone eating and chatting. "You all have sex ... together!"

Dave made, "Tsk Tsk" sounds. He teased, "Doing it alone isn't nearly as much fun."

He glanced at the time and then at the half-finished meal he was enjoying. "Have you had dinner? I'm sure we could arrange a plate for you. This is superb and representative of our meals these days. There was soup beforehand that was to die for. If you're thinking of doing room and board here, you should sample the meals."

Kellie was distracted, "Huh? Oh. Yeah, I haven't eaten. I got swept up all afternoon reading your book. I have to make a decision on the room I rent over the pizza place."

Dave hailed one of the waiters -- Phil as it turned out. "Phil, this Kellie Sawyer. She's thinking of living here, but missed her own dinner. Do we have some extra soup and a dinner plate?"

Phil smiled and reached out and shook Kellie's hand doing a nice self-introduction. "I'm sure we can wrestle up some grub. Do you like peanut butter sandwiches?" With that he took off for the kitchen. He returned only a minute later with a tray with soup and a regular meal on it. He served her, making sure she had silverware and even a napkin professionally placed in her lap with a flourish the way a waiter at a high-end restaurant would do.

After Phil had served some white wine to Kellie, she said with a touch of awe in her tone, "THIS is a 'normal' meal?"

"Every night for now. We used to be on our own two nights a week. The only requirement is to let the chefs know if you won't be here. There are ways to do that electronically by logging onto what we call the Circle Bulletin Board. It used to be physical, but now it's on the web."

Kellie sampled everything, "This meal is all ... spectacular. I'll gain weight."

Cricket laughed, "No you won't. Chef Bobbie will prepare a special meal plan for you to keep you at your optimum weight. There are both portion and selection controls on what you eat. In a regular restaurant your serving would be twice the size it is. Sometimes, it is one-size-fits-all, but other times we can see distinct differences in what each other are eating. The meals are custom."

"Really. That's ... crazy."

Dave said, "Is it? We care about each other and want everyone we love to be healthy and physically fit."

Kellie ate a few bites. Dave noticed she had exceptional table manners.

Suddenly she said, "Hey, you diverted my attention from what I read."

Dave said, "Consenting adults can do or not do whatever they want about sex. You need not participate. We will still love you."

"But you don't even know me."

"And it is my intent to do so -- to know you and to love you, that is. From all indications, you appear to be a worthy person."

Cricket jumped in, "I agree. You give off good vibes, although the sex stuff apparently scares you for some reason."

Kellie nodded, "I'm not a slut."

Cricket asked, "Do you think that we are based on what you read?"

Kellie frowned, "No ... but you are all in crazy relationships with each other. I worry that if I throw in with your lot that's what I'll become."

Dave teased, "No will power?" He laughed.

Kellie gave him a dirty look. "OK, here's the situation I find myself in. There are these really nice people some of whom are giving me a pile of money to better myself. They live in an open lifestyle with lots of people. They have the best facilities and the best food ever, and they watch out for each other to keep them healthy, make them wealthy, and improve their wisdom. Some famous people belong to this kind of club: a billionaire, lots of millionaires, several CEOs of major businesses, people that invent stuff, a movie star, several porn stars, some exotic dancers, and a noted author. The others aren't exactly average either."

She paused, "I want to belong -- I think -- but do I just start fucking over a hundred people?"

There was a long silence at the table as Kellie looked at them awaiting an answer.

Dave and Cricket started to laugh. The laughter got more involved until both had tears on their cheeks.

Dave shook his head. "Noooooo! Of course, not. Whatever gave you that idea?"

Kellie shrugged. "I don't see a middle ground, especially after reading the book."

Dave looked around the patio and spotted Haley Keva, one of the Indian members of the Circle. He called over the brown skinned beauty whose parents had immigrated from India. She was only wearing a monokini which accentuated her beauty. "Haley, this is Kellie." He had to pause to keep from laughing. "She's pondering whether to join the Circle or not, but suddenly having to have sex with between one and two hundred people is boggling her mind. How are you managing that issue given that you're one of the newer members of the Circle?"

Haley smiled. "It's been almost four years, Dave."

"Oh, I lost count." He realized he'd been behind the times.

"You were busy." She turned to Kellie, "When I joined there were just over a hundred people in the Circle -- sixty-four women and forty-four men. I was part of small group of individuals who were still university students. I kind of met them first, and that small group was comfortable, and that's where we started to have sex. You do know that we were building relationships and falling in love with each other, right?"

Kellie nodded. "I do on an intellectual level."

Over time, I developed relationships with others -- Dave, Gary, Murph, Nathan, and then Dave's brother Aaron, and then an increasing number of women, especially when we doubled up to make love with one guy. I never felt there was a rush. I don't think I've made love with everybody at this point, but I do love everybody."

"So, it's not like 'Okay, you're a member, lie down and spread your legs'?" Kellie said.

Haley looked horrified. "Good grief, no; not at all! I think at this point you could join and probably not even have sexual relations with others. We love you for who you are, not for what a 'hot fuck' you are." She paused and teased, "On the other hand, you do look kind of hot in my book and I'd love to be with you sometime." She laughed gaily.

Kellie laughed. "I think I misread this entire situation. I put the whole sex thing first and foremost in everyone's thinking."

Dave said, "There are those days when that's true but we do practice some restraint, particularly if we know someone is reticent or trying to build rapport with everybody before they launch into the serious stuff. Love affairs and the sex that makes them so much greater don't happen by decree on an instant's notice. That said we do give into our lusty feelings frequently. That's our nature."

Kellie thanked Haley for her viewpoint and the beauty with the perpetual deep tan strolled away. No one seemed to blink an eye at how revealing her thong left her backside.

Kellie quietly ate. Dave and Cricket went back to talking about one of the books she was currently writing -- a love story, of course, with the sub-themes of polyamory and loosening up.

After Kellie had finished one of the cleanup crew whisked her plate away and offered her dessert -- some mango Jell-O and-or coffee or tea. Kellie accepted a mug of coffee and thanked the person, Doug, and then thanked Dave and Cricket for the meal and the thoughtful comments.

Kellie finally said, "I'm not sure what this means about the rest of my life, but is it too late to accept your offer to live here someplace? Room and board? What kind of place is it - a room, an apartment, a house, what?" She waved one hand around at the buildings.

Dave smiled, "You have a choice actually. Come with me. Dave escorted Kellie through the corridor and into his home's back door, explaining that he had the largest home in the Circle and that included a number of children's quarters plus guest rooms as well as a huge master bedroom.

Dave showed Kellie the master bedroom. The two mammoth beds in the room stood out like sore thumbs. Pam and Candy were talking on one of the beds relaxing in the nude. Dave made introductions; especially at the come-on smile he got from Candy.

Further down the hall he showed Kellie the room that had been Bridget's before she moved into the master bedroom and accepted the role as one of the family wives. He explained about Bridget. He also showed her the other guest rooms, and then led her back into the core building.

Dave said, "What I'm about to show you now is one of the core guest rooms. Normally, these are temporary quarters when we have visiting guests, but except at Thanksgiving and Christmas time we seem to always have several available. They're pretty much the same, and pretty basic upscale motel motif. The view is pretty much out onto the expanded patio and pool, and there is plenty of sunlight.

Dave used one of his master keys to open the door and show her the space: a bedroom, small sitting area with a small kitchenette, and an en suite bath. "I suppose this is kind of like a dorm room in some regards. You'd have privacy, can come and go as you like, and be a social hermit if you choose. You will kind of have to socialize at your meals since we do them all at about the same time."

Kellie stood and pondered the options she'd seen. She said, "I don't want to impose on your hospitality. I'd feel I owe you more than I already do."

Dave chuckled, "No guilt or quid pro quo is needed. The rent impact on your living stipend will be the same. Pick whatever you feel is more comfortable. You can change your mind in the future providing the other space is available."

She nodded firmly, "Then I pick this studio apartment or motel room or whatever it's called."

"Good. You can move in anytime you want. If you want help moving your stuff, just say so. There's a group of us always ready to help people move in, especially a new 'pledge'. I'll get you a key, but normally we don't lock up except maybe at night. Owen has had some intruder attempts, but you shouldn't worry."

"Pledge?"

Dave said, "Think of Greek life on campus. You meet a group of people in a sorority you think you'd like to spend a lot of time with. You start to hang around with them. They make you a 'pledge'. You do crazy things, but mostly you try to meet and build relationships with everybody. After a while, if all goes well in both directions, they make you a member. The Circle is kind of the same. You may never decide to become a member, however. We use that terminology to describe someone that's hanging around with us, meeting and building relationships, but not quite there yet. It's shorthand, and more or less what you'd be."

Kellie said, "Then I guess I'm pledging the Circle." Even as she said that, she looked a little worried.

* * * * *

Friday afternoon about a dozen people stood in front of the open door to several recently modified rooms near the cohousing core living room. Across the door was a broad red ribbon. Dave handed the scissors to cut the ribbon to Dr. Adesh Githra -- a Circle member, Indian, and one of the practitioners who had committed time to work at the new Circle Health Center or CHC.

As the ribbon parted the small group gave a cheer and applauded.

Grace Anders led the group into the new ante room that had a few chairs, and then a larger room outfitted with an examining table and various types of simple medical equipment. Dave noted the EKG machine they'd had on order had arrived and been set up next to an ultrasound device.

Grace and Adesh addressed the group. "We can do routine exams here for both the children and any adult. There will not be any hassle or charge for our services. This is service by us to the Circle just like some of you work at the bar or serve breakfasts some mornings."

Adesh said in his wonderful sing-song tone, "If something is un-diagnosable with what we have or we feel something more is needed we will refer that person to a specialist or to their normal family physician. We hope we can dismiss a lot of minor complaints and worries, however."

Grace chuckled, "One thing we will be able to do is take the samples we need to do our standard STD health checks. That will save a lot of time and hassle. The Circle will cover all those costs for everybody." Several in the group broke into some spontaneous applause and laughter.

Joan asked, "Can we bring our children or send them in? Also, eventually, can we get prescriptions for them here, even for birth control?"

Dave teased, "Hey, Lauren isn't even ten yet."

Adesh ignored the comment. "Yes, bring them in. I can write prescriptions and will depending on the circumstances. We are only going to be open for a couple of hours on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at first. In between times, any of you can contact any of us. You all have our cellphone numbers."

Grace said to the group, "The staff will be Adesh, Tim Faurst, Lisa Taggart, Stephanie Grayson, and me. We have a couple of Circle members or pledges who are nurses in training so we might call on them to help out, too. Initially, we're going to do this without appointments, so just drop in during our posted hours. We'll put an email out to everybody explaining what's here and how we'll work. If we need to maybe we'll do both by-appointment hours and open hours."

Adesh again emphasized, "I am always on call here 24-7, in any case. Regardless of the time of day please call me for any type of situation. By the way, next Monday will be our first day in operation."

On that note the celebrants let Adesh and Grace lock up and everyone headed up to the Friday evening cocktail hour.

Kellie fell into step with Dave as they walked. "Am I allowed to use the Circle Health Center? I know I'm barely a pledge, and nothing is wrong, but I'm thinking ahead -- kind of just in case, plus the STD tests."

Dave nodded, "Certainly. You're as valid a pledge as anybody else and don't let anybody tell you otherwise."

Kellie said, "I get some health care through the university HMO because it's part of my scholarship, but this is so convenient than their clinic if I'm having an off day and wonder why."

"We all do. I know you've trimmed off the romantic part of your life, but I suggest you also get tested either here or at the university for that 'just in case' you change you mind event."

Kellie said, "Good idea. There are all sorts of notices around the university about what's going on. I guess there's some kind of chlamydia epidemic going around. I'm staying clear of it."

"Other than that, how's the studying going?"

"Three weeks in and I'm three months behind. Heather is a big help. She's working with me on different approaches to studying some of the material instead of rote memorization. I really like my courses, but this is not easy after a six-year hiatus. I'm using parts of my brain I didn't know were there. Heather has helped keep me from panicking, too. After the first week I got hysterical and she talked me off that cliff. As she said, she'd been there, done that, and had the t-shirt. She gives me confidence every time we meet."

"I know you can do it, too. What'd she tell you about how much time she put in?"

"Well, Miss Four-Point-Oh said she put in about twenty hours a week in class and forty hours a week outside of class studying except at exam periods. I've committed to the same schedule or more until I can prove to myself, I can do with less."

Dave commented, "I know she never seemed that upset compared to other students around mid-term exams or finals."

"She mentioned that and said that was because she never put off studying. The exams just came and went, and she was always up to date. The regular students seemed to party more or just hang out, so they didn't put in the study hours until they had to cram stuff in before an exam with an all-nighter."

"Tough sledding. If I can help, let me know."

"You know physics, yes?"

"Yes."

"Good, then you can explain a few things to me."

Dave rolled his eyes as Kellie pulled a page from her pocket.

Chapter 9 -- Security and Connections

Dave, Pam, and Alice looked through the one-way glass at the classroom with an array of children in it. Bobby and John, the older children he'd had with each woman, were in the class and were surprisingly behaving well.

There were three 'teachers' or 'facilitators' in the room: Samantha Stone -- one of the twins, Taylor Volker, and Athena Willis. Each was working with a small group of children looking at computer screens and-or workbooks. The group they could see right in front of the one-way glass was Athena's and they were working on some basic arithmetic skills, including some simple fractions. With the touch of a button they could listen to the room, hearing best what was closest to the one-way glass.

Athena was drawing out of the group of six children how to process larger and more complex problems. Each child was participating. She wasn't calling on them for rote answers; she wanted them to understand the concept of breaking a problem down into component parts, solving each part, and then reassembling them to find the answer. She even explained that principle to the children. Each child seemed to quickly understand the idea and then wanted to apply it to some of the problems on the computer screen.

Alice commented, "I talked to Samantha last Wednesday. This whole schooling idea is going much better than we expected -- like BIG TIME. The kids are testing out two or three GRADES above their peers in the public-school system. The counselor and principal at South Side School that is overseeing our home schooling are really impressed, especially since only Sam has teaching credentials. The other women are rated as teacher's aides."

Dave said, "Well, Athena and Taylor sure took to the idea of teaching well."

"Maddy comes in and swaps off with some of them. She has the credentials. Juan Carlos comes in to teach them Spanish, too. Cricket has come in to talk to them about creative writing skills and taught them about a computer as a word processor. Gail came in before that and gave an introduction to computers to everyone, as well. We have lots of resources."

"How is Maddy doing?" Dave asked.

Pam responded, "She's usually with the younger children by choice.

Dave asked, "So, if the kids are ahead of their peers in the public-school system, what do they do? We're not concerned about what grade each child is in, but they are skipping grades nonetheless."