Lorelei and Me Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I smiled and said, "It all sounds rather idyllic. I look forward to our life!" We finished our coffee and a bit later I asked, "Are you hungry? There's nothing here, but we can go out for breakfast."

"That sounds great. Let's get dressed and go." We tidied up before we left, got dressed and headed back to town. We were in our prom clothes as we sat next to each other in a booth at the coffee shop. We talked about what we wanted our graduation speech to be and decided we would give it together. When we had it mostly sorted out she said I should come over to her place Tuesday night so we could write it.

I drove Lori home and walked her up to the house because I didn't want her to have to suffer any trouble by herself. I didn't need to worry because they were fine and asked how prom was. Lori described our dinner at Chez Paris and how nicely we were treated and about the dance and how much fun that was. She also told them that we were chosen as co-valedictorians. Her folks congratulated us both on our accomplishment. She then told them about how we went to Grams cabin and spent the night in each other's arms and how wonderful it all was.

Since no punishments were going to befall Lori I took my leave. My Dad welcomed me and asked how it went. I, basically, repeated everything that Lori told her parents. He asked if we had used protection. I knew he was looking out for my wellbeing, but his question still irritated me, so I replied rather snarkily, "As a matter of fact we didn't!" He looked like he was going to lecture me, so I continued, "Because we didn't have sex. We both decided we don't know each other well enough to have intercourse yet. If you must know, we did get naked and slept together. I thought you knew me better than that Dad!"

My Dad looked at me like I had slapped him for a moment and then said, "I'm sorry Ben, I do know you better than to ask something like that. Please forgive me for being an old fool."

I smiled at him and said, "I'm sorry too Dad for snapping at you. I know you asked out of concern."

"I deserved it. Instead of asking fool questions I should have told you how proud I am of both you and Lorelei for being valedictorians. That's quite an accomplishment and I can't wait to hear your speech. I'm sure the two of you will come up with something clever."

On Tuesday evening I drove to Lori's house to work on our speech. We decided to talk about how our education never stops and how High School is just one of the early steps. We decided, also, to take turns like they do in local newscasts. Once we knew where we wanted to go the speech, virtually, wrote itself. We peppered it with some quotes from Mark Twain and one by Malcolm X. When we finished we high fived each other and congratulated ourselves.

We had been working in the kitchen and just stayed there and talked when we were finished. After a while, Lori's Mom came in and asked how it was going. We told her we were done, so she asked if she could read it. We told her to feel free, so she picked it up and sat down next to Lori and read. When she finished she looked at both of us and said, "My goodness! I'm impressed, this is really good." Lori and I looked at each other smiling and then her Mom said, "Ben, Jerry and I were planning on having a pool party for Lori for graduation and we'd love it if you and your Dad would come and any other guests you'd like to include."

"Wow, thank you, that would be nice. I'll talk it over with my Dad and see what he thinks. If we come there will only be 5 of us maximum; my Dad and I, his parents and the woman he's dating maybe."

"That will be fine, just let me know. I was also wondering if Lori and I could come over and ride with you again. We really enjoyed that."

"That would be great. If you want, we can ride most Sundays after I finish my chores. The horses don't get ridden enough and can really use the exercise."

Lori asked, "What chores do you have to do? Maybe we can help."

I laughed and said some of it varies, but every week I have to muck the stalls, hose them down and lay down new straw. I don't think you'll want to do that."

Lori had a knitted brow and asked, "What's mucking a stall?"

Her Mom giggled and said, "In the vernacular it means shoveling shit!"

I couldn't help it and started laughing. I never would have expected Lori's Mom to say that. We all laughed for a while and then Lori said, "Well, I'd be happy to help. One has to take the bad with the good."

As I was leaving, Lori walked out to the truck with me. When we got there, I pulled her into a hug and then we kissed for a few minutes. Lori then said, "If you're alright with it, I'm going to get on birth control pills because after Saturday night I really want to make love with you."

I hugged her tight and said, "If you think you're ready then I'm fine with it. I don't want you to feel pressured, okay?"

She squeezed me tight and said, "I'm so happy I hit that deer! I better go in, I love you. Oh, and don't forget to ask your Dad about the pool party!"

"I won't. I love you too. I'll see you in the morning." Even though Lori got a new car, I still picked her up for school. We just take advantage of every opportunity to be together.

I talked to my Dad about the pool party and he thought that that would be fun. I told him we could invite Gram and Gramps and that he could bring a date, if he was interested in asking Miss Kline. Dad told me to call my grandparents to invite them, which I did and they were thrilled. I left Miss Kline and responsibility for informing the Jones' to him.

As the school year wound down our classes got lighter and lighter. With one week to go, all of my classes were in nonacademic mode as we discussed current themes based on the class. Also, Lori and I were spending more time together. She asked my Dad if she could work at the store over the summer. He was hesitant, because he had just hired a person to replace me. Lori said she didn't want to be paid, but just wanted the experience. So, in the end, we talked him into it and she would start a week after graduation.

When we asked why a week, he smiled and said, "Well, I thought Ben deserved a vacation after having worked in the store for 9 years without one. I knew he'd hate it if you had to work while he didn't, so I think you both should take the week after graduation and spend it at the lake cottage. What do you think?" Before I could say anything, Lori jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly while saying 'thank you' over and over.

Finally, graduation finally arrived. My Dad, my grandparents and I all rode together in my grandpa's car since all we had were trucks. Lori and I had our speech all ready and had let Miss Kline vet it per her instructions. The ceremony was held outside on the football field, so having robes on it was quite hot. There was a large covered stage at one end and rows of chairs on the field for students and guests. Guests were, also, in the football stands as well.

Lori and I were on the stage because we'd give our speech before diplomas were handed out. The ceremony was started by a short speech by the superintendent of the school district who was followed by Miss Kline. When she was finished, she invited Lori and I up to the dais and introduced us as our class's co-valedictorians. We received a nice applause and then we started with Lori going first;

Lori- Welcome to our graduation ceremony. We'd like to thank our families, friends, teachers and school administrators who for years have worked hard with us to see this day come to fruition. Also, to our classmates we'd like to say congratulations and well done for making it to this auspicious day.

Me- Auspicious as this day is, it is not the end of our education, far from it. Mark Twain said, 'The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret to getting started is breaking your complex, overwhelming tasks into small manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.' Today marks the end of that first task and now we move on to even more complex tasks.

Lori- Many of us will move on to college as our next complex task. Some will choose to go a different route, but those other routes will pose just as complex a task. Mark Twain, again (what a brilliant man! I wish I could have met him) said, "Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great." Ben and I are here to tell you that you can be great no matter which tasks you choose to take on.

Me- I plan to go to UW where I will study premed and Lori is going to go there to study nursing. I know that Jacob Smithers plans to become an auto mechanic. Some may look up to me and say what a noble thing being a doctor is and say being a mechanic is no big deal. To me, being a mechanic is a very big deal because I know nothing about cars, so for me Jacob is very valuable.

Lori- No matter what profession you choose, you will be of value to a great many people and you should be proud of your choice and education is the foundation for that profession. Malcolm X said that, "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today." Heed those words, because they are true. Malcolm X discovered that truth later in his life. You know it now!

Me- In closing, we just want to say how proud we are of each and every one of you. Stay close to the friends you've made here and reach out to others and become friends. And, please, don't wait until class reunions to get together. Every day can be a reunion and should be treated as such. So, congratulations and go out and make your mark on this world and make us all proud! Thank you.

Lori and I turned to each other and hugged for a moment and then turned to acknowledge the standing ovation we were receiving. Miss Kline came to us with tears in her eyes, hugged each of us and said, "I knew I made the right choice with you two. Why don't you take your seats and we'll start handing out diplomas!" Lori and I returned to our seats holding hands and held them until our names were called to receive our diplomas.

Miss Kline made a closing remark and then brought the ceremony to a close. I stood and looked for my Dad and saw him with my grandparents and Lori's parents and grandparents. I pointed them out to her, so we got off the stage and began to make our way over to them. It took quite a while because we were besieged by congratulations for our speech and how inspirational it was.

When we finally made it to our parents we felt like we had run the gauntlet. We were hugged by everyone in our group. I had never met Lori's grandparents, but the four of them hugged me as if they had known me forever. Our pictures were taken together and apart, with our families and then in a big group picture. Finally, Lori and I could take our robes off. It was very hot and humid and we were both sweating profusely.

We broke up with Lori's family heading home and with us heading home so we could change into shorts. When I had changed, my Dad said, "You should pack a small bag for your vacation because it starts tonight and I don't want to see you until a week from tomorrow."

"Dad? I can't believe you and Lori's folks are good with us staying alone together for over a week."

"Well, Ben, your Mom and I did the same thing after our graduation. Let's consider it a family tradition. Jerry, Honey and I recognize that you and Lorelei are very mature, smart and trustworthy people and we figure you both know how to take care of yourselves and each other. You proved that to us on prom night and on many other occasions. So, hurry up and pack and let's get to Lorelei's place. I can't wait to jump in the pool!"

I jumped in my truck and headed out. My Dad said they'd be right behind me. Lori had told me to just walk around to the back gate and come on in, so that's what I did. Their backyard was nicely landscaped and the pool was pretty good sized. As I walked in, Lori saw me and came dashing into my arms and kissed me passionately. I could tell my face was getting red, because we had never demonstrated any overt affection with each other in front of our parents other than hand holding and quick pecks.

When she broke the kiss, her Dad came over and asked where my Dad was, so I told him he'd be along shortly. There were a number of tables with umbrellas, so Lori led me to one and introduced me to a couple of young cousins and her Aunt and Uncle. I was introduced to some others who were neighbors and old family friends. When that was done, my Dad arrived with Miss Kline on his arm with my grandparents close behind. Lori took all of them and began making introductions with everyone I had just met.

When all of that was done, I spotted a large trough with ice and beverages, so I asked Lori if she wanted anything. She said she'd come with me, so we walked over and grabbed a can of soda each. As we were choosing, Miss Kline walked over to us and told Lori that they had a nice place. I asked her, "Miss Kline, may I get you something to drink?"

Instead of yes or no, she said, "Ben, now that you and Lori have graduated, I'd like you both to call me Anna. Besides, I think we'll be seeing a lot of each other over the years, so I can't see you calling me Miss Kline and me calling you two Miss Jones and Mr. Lawrence."

It sounded as though she and my Dad were getting pretty serious about each other, but I decided I wasn't going to say anything. However, Lori didn't feel any such restraint and asked, "Are you and Mr. Lawrence dating regularly now?"

I hadn't noticed my Dad behind us as he said, "Yeah, Anna and I have been dating very regularly Lorelei. I would like you to call me Joe from now on or Dad if you're so inclined when the time comes."

Lori laughed and said, "Okay Joe, but you have to call me Lori from now on. You too Anna."

Moments later, Lori's Dad called for everyone's attention. When he had it he said, "We are all here to honor our two graduates! I just want to say how proud I am of both of them. They both maintained straight A's through their entire high school career and were named co-valedictorians. The speech they gave at the ceremony today was inspired. I know Joe wants to present a gift to Ben, but I'd like to present a gift first to my lovely daughter, Lorelei.

"She'll be off to the University of Wisconsin in September to study nursing. She won a full ride scholarship and so saved me from having to cover her tuition and books. So, I'd like to give her this ATM card that is attached to an account in her name with $150,000 so that she doesn't have to worry about spending money during her years in college. Your mother and I are very proud of you and we know you'll go on to do great things!"

Lori shrieked and then hugged her father first and then her mother and thanked them profusely. Mr. Jones then turned to my Dad and said, "Joe the floor is yours."

My Dad walked up to me and said, "Ben, you know how proud I am of you. You were able to be a perfect student while having to work every day at the store and at home. You were never able to take vacations, play sports at school or other extracurricular activities, but you always got straight A's. I want you to know, that your work didn't go unrewarded. I have been depositing your wages in a savings account from the beginning because I thought you could use the money now more than when you were a kid. Besides, you never had time to spend it when you were a kid." Everyone laughed at that. He handed me a large bag and said, "This bag contains every passbook from day one of the savings account I started for you, except one. This is the current passbook. Over the years, your wages have totaled $224,640 over 9 years. I'm going to add the difference and make it $300,000 and call it a company bonus!" Again, everyone laughed as my Dad handed me the last book. He then hugged me and said, "I'm sorry you had a crappy childhood, but you've made me very proud because you never complained. Thank you for being the best possible son I could have had."

I couldn't help it as tears began to fall from my eyes as I said, "Dad, I loved our life. I loved working at the store and being with you all of the time. You taught me so much useful stuff I never missed any of the other things. I promise to keep making you proud." When I let go of my Dad I could see that I wasn't the only one with tears.

When my Dad and I let go of one another, Lori took his place and hugged me tight. "Wow, that was really nice. Your Dad is so cool!"

At about this time my grandparents walked up to Lori and me. My Gram said, "Ben, we have a gift for you as well." She gave me a little box that was wrapped with a bow. She told me to open it, so I did. Inside was two keys. Lori and I looked at the keys with a puzzled look until my Grandpa said, "The silver one is to the lake cottage and the other one is to our house. We want you to know that when we pass on, they'll belong to you. Actually, they already belong to you because we changed the names on the deeds to yours Ben. We will keep paying the taxes on both places until we die and then it will be up to you. The lake cottage is yours now to enjoy however you want and the house will be available later."

I just stared at them for a moment and then said, "Thank you, but this is too much. I can't possibly accept this now!"

My Gram was a pretty no-nonsense person so she took my hand and Lori's hand and said, "Look, your Gramps and I still have a good number of years left to us, but we talked to our attorney and he said, that we could bequeath things to you now and minimize your tax burden upon our death. We don't entirely know how it works, but we thought that this was as good as any other time. Besides, you and your Dad are our only heirs, and he's the one that said we should make you the beneficiary because he has everything he needs.

"Now, I understand that you and this lovely young woman are going to spend a week in the lake house. We had the pier put in a few weeks ago and had the sailboat cleaned and checked as well. Your Dad had the larder stocked the other day, so you two should be set. If you need anything or need to know about anything just call." Lori and I both hugged them.

We were then met by her grandparents and other relatives and friends. Lori got several other gifts and then we were left alone. She said she was going to change into her swimsuit and then we could go swimming. I already had mine on, so all I needed to do was pull off my shirt. A while later, Lori came down to the pool next to me. She had a towel wrapped around herself. When she pulled it off, I could see that it wasn't the suit that left the tan lines, but was still nice. We jumped into the pool and splashed around having fun. Before long, her Mom joined us and then my Dad and Anna.

The water felt great with the heat and humidity. After a while, Lori and I clung to the side next to each other in the deep end and talked. Lori said, "We made out pretty well. I thought my parents would give me $100 dollars for a present, not $150,000. I thought what your Dad said and did was fantastic. You may have missed out on comic books as a kid, but now you have money when you need it. And, I can't believe your grandparents gave you the lake cottage! I can't wait to go there tonight because tonight you're going to make love to me."