All Comments on 'Losing Faith'

by KingBandor

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
silentsoundsilentsoundover 5 years ago
This was very good.

I gave a rare 5 because the eroticism, emotion and tension were illustrated very well.

Josh was a ridiculously obscene artist but he represented forbidden eroticism quite effectively.

I really appreciated Faith's emotions and lust being so well illustrated.

She absolutely cheated even though she didn't go all the way and you didn't shy away from that fact.

Bravo. I have yet to read the first part but I doubt it can exceed this very satisfying work.

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 5 years ago
That explains a lot.

What frustrates me about so many authors is the conversation that reveals the good, bad, and the ugly never take place. And they go on living happy ever after. Unless the truth is revealed and dealt with, how can the foundation of a marriage remain solid? This story dealt with the truth. If they plan on opening up their marriage, it must be something they both agree to.

I still am frustrated over their daughter's view on fidelity. Her fiancé should be warned Terry does not plan on being faithful to him.

OGHMNWOGHMNWover 5 years ago
Great Follow Up Explanation

Hearing Faith’s side of the story filled in lots of information and blanks. It did have a Erotic feel and lots of tension to it. Thank You!

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I enjoy stories from the other perspective that aren't just a rehash of the original

It's rare to find a sequel that provides additional insight, but this one does. The first story was from one perspective, and we only could rely on Faith's dialogue. Larry also had to rely on on it as well.

This follow-up shows that the truth was stretched quite a bit, even if Faith's perspective didn't completely rearrange everything. The truth was somewhere in the middle. A sequel worth writing, as it added something new to the story.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 5 years ago
Great clarification of the Brews & Brushes story

The Brews & Brushes story was left with some doubt as to what degree of infidelity Faith had actually committed. This story written with Faith's voice adds a degree of understanding as to the continuing resolution of their marriage. 5* for the total story. Thanks for the story (both parts).

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 5 years ago
Resolved Some Ch1 Issues

My Ch 1 grinch about Daughter’s attitude and interaction with her Dad, Hubby, was still not addressed (nor really addressable.

My other two quibbles were resolved. Sweetie’s lack of reported sleeping pill usage was done convincingly, her depression awkwardly. The ‘gay’ lie was a combo of another ‘near miss’ and a ‘stretch of credulity’ case of bad timing. Another LW example of “Whatever else Hubby & Sweetie do, communicate completely & honestly!”

KingBandorKingBandorover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for the feedback

I was surprised by the reaction to Brews & Brushes, where people said that I had rushed the ending or had somehow run out of steam. It was after talking to some people via e-mail that I realized that I had (( intentionally )) made it seem that Faith had fucked Josh. I normally don't do dual perspectives, and rarely find them satisfying. So, I debated writing this. I was determined that if I did it, I would make it a story on its own with key points of overlap, but able to stand on its own.

I hope I succeeded.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinover 5 years ago
I don't think this story works on its own

It works better as a companion piece. It's a very good companion piece. Glad you wrote it.

Also, I have the same issues with the daughter others have noted. If there was one thing missing, it would have been nice to flesh out her perspective. Of course, if that's all there was too her perspective, not needed. If so though, that one stile leaves a bit of bile in my throat.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 5 years ago
I Don't Know

This IS a good story, and DOES explain away what we thought we saw in the first story.

The problem is, I don't believe it! It feels like revisionist history to me, restating the facts in a way to get to the conclusion that you want.

Call it my Loving Wife bias, I guess.

sanman52sanman52about 5 years ago
Naive Larry

There is a lot to like about this story, but I can't help but feel that Larry is looking at his wife's behavior through rose colored glasses. Despite his apparent liberal views on sexual behavior, at heart, he believes in fidelity in marriage.

Assuming he really was told 'everything', he knows how sexually attracted to Josh Faith is. Having that knowledge, Larry sees Faith's never actually having had intercourse with Josh as personal strength of character and an affirmation of her love for him and their marriage. He is ignoring all the things she did with and around Josh, just short of having sex with him.

The question he should be asking is 'Would she have had sex with him eventually'? Seeing as how Faith was continually placing herself in sexual situations with Josh, I doubt that Larry would like an honest answer to that question, and the story would turn out much differently.

EzoA45FEzoA45Fabout 5 years ago
Woman deserves a medal!

Yes, she lied, had sex with the guy but did NOT cheat (because apparently if a cock doesn't enter a pussy that cannot be cheating).

Kudos to her for resisting temptation. Oh, if all married people were this devoted!

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 5 years ago
Totally unjustified RACC

Faith continued to lie to Larry in and after leaving the hospital. Everything was about her. Any sorrow was that she got caught, not that she hurt those around her. She is a person full of egoism and pride, and empty of agape love.

Tina is an absolutely back-asswards person. Everything she said about relationships, love, and sex was wrong. Tina's attitude reflects her upbringing by her mother, and her appearance distills her mother for us. She hates her father Larry, and all her words drive a knife deep and twists it inside him. Treating him as dead would be kinder to him than the way she behaves toward him.

Faith admits to herself that she lied to Larry about almost everything associated with her gallery, from it's open date to it's artists, and her relationship to their works. She admits that she's cheated on Larry in every way possible except for the physical act of copulation. Her firm belief that not literally fucking totally outweighs all of her other forms of cheating is another lie she keeps telling everyone, especially herself.

Larry made statements under duress in the hospital, not even hearing all the words Faith was trying to say. In the light of day, he won't back down from his fraudulently obtained promise to stop the divorce. Larry has been used and abused by Faith from when she started her gallery, if not before.

And I'm sure that inside, Larry knows she's still lying to and abusing him. He refuses to let himself see these facts because he's so desperate to keep her around. Divorce her or acquiesce to her; there is no in between and he flips 180 at the hospital.

Faith won't even detach herself from her gallery so they can be together. Nor will she merge it back into the family business Brews and Brushes. To her, Larry is on the order of a pet dog or cat. Everything else is purely for her narcissistic self. Even her "I'll die without Larry" should be heard as "I demand possession of Larry and my inflated ego won't allow any alternative".

As per the title, Larry has finished "Loosing Faith" even as he clings to her. His life is almost empty because he won't accept the reality of what Faith has become and remains. His life is constantly seeking for Faith to rejoin him in their original happy partnership, and hoping against hope this impossible dream will become real.

The ending to this story is so irrational that that only the insane can appreciate it. Loosing Faith, as well as the ending to the sister story "Brews and Brushes", are both a severe disappointment, especially after the "Brews and Brushes" story started off so well.

KingBandorKingBandorabout 5 years agoAuthor
@ReadyOne Your Interpretation is Weirder Than My Story

Don't know where you got your ideas and interpretations, but you're describing a story and characters I didn't write.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Good story

Somehow I missed this when it posted. Josh is the typical black character in the LW stories. Simply a cowardly predator out for his own satisfaction, with no regard as to who he hurts. Wife played with fire and was lucky to only get singed, instead of burned.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 5 years ago
So

In the first story we found out daughter thinks adultery is no big deal if it’s just sex. We found out wifey is hot for BBC and did everything short of fucking while hiding her secret life from hubby. MC better make sure his money is protected if he’s going to keep her around.

This chapter of the story did a bit of shark jumping. Got wtf goofy in the middle of this one.

Wouldn’t want either wifey or daughter for my family.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 5 years ago
Thanks for the story, I liked it.

BUT...she did cheat. You think cheating is only dependent on penetration? They were together, nude and each getting sexual pleasure from the other, even if his Tab A wasn't inserted in her Slot B. Not cheating? Most spouses, husband or wife, would dispute that. I guess Larry just isn't one of them.

Baddogie59Baddogie59almost 5 years ago
Great Story and follow up

I found the story very interesting.

In her mind she says she did not physically cheat but in my view she did.

She laid back on his so called platform and spread her legs as he put the head of his cock at her opening and she felt the head of his cock start to spread her lips.

So I guess she is saying just to start putting the head of another mans cock in her is not the physical act of sex is not cheating. But yes worse than that is as she admitted she had a flow blown emotional affair and more than once. She even sat there and masturbated for them to see as she watched them fuck. She was part of that act as well. That to would be considered physical but hey that's just my thinking. I myself may have forgiven her but it would not have been so easy as it was for the husbands did. Once that trust is broken its almost never comes back as it once was.

As for the daughters input into there whole ordeal and as a father of three daughters myself I think I would have Laid into her a lot harder than he did and would have given her a lesson in the Vows of Marriage. She had a pretty twisted view on what cheating is in the context of a married couple. The whole she just had sex for me is absolute bullshit. The wife was completely and emotionally in the middle of an affair with this guy. It was a lot more than just sex. I have to wonder how much farther she would have pulled away for her husband and her marriage if she did go completely through with the whole act of fucking this guy. Again great story.

whiskeytangofoxtrotwhiskeytangofoxtrotalmost 5 years ago
Excellent work

I have this story a number of times along with its sister, brushes, and enjoy it more each time. Your writing has changed and improved over the last year and want to commend you on it. Well done and hope to read more of your work.

I do wish there was more to this story, it has be wanting more!

SigintSigintover 4 years ago
And There's The Wink

Yes, I should've read this before commenting on "part 1." I saw title of this and ass-sumed it was like most efforts here on Lit that offer views from the other side. You went further, yet it still feels far less organic than part 1. Forced. In no small part because her cheating is treated with kid gloves because insertion didn't happen. That's insulting.

Add to that Josh is an artist who aspires to greatness, with as unique a "style" as anyone's ever heard of, but his 4th quarter wife knew nothing of his, output, until the contrived comeuppance.

NegativeNellyNegativeNellyover 4 years ago
Interesting

Typical white wife/black man cliche. Josh went from gay, to heterosexual with a girlfriend, to married? As much time as Amanda and Faith spent with him, neither suspected he was married? I didn’t see where Faith truly revealed her part in everything to Larry. Larry seemed to take Amanda’s and Josh’s version of everything. She is still guilty by omission. I do wish the author would have addressed the daughters thought process on her mother’s cheating. Maybe that’s another short story the author could write.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
IF YOU ATTEMPT SUICIDE.......

I would think they would hold you for a psych evaluation to make sure you were not a threat to yourself or others.

If she came completely clean with Larry, I don't like the chances of staying with someone who repeatedly put themselves in a position to cheat like that. At some point in the future she's gonna see a big dick she won't be able to resist and she will cheat especially if she talks him into a 3way with her store manager.

Silverbullet141Silverbullet141over 3 years ago
Wow

I really wasnt sure about this side of the story when I started it but it turned out wonderfully. I definately suggest writing another point of view to another of your stories. Great work!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is almost like the author regrets having turned Faith into a cheater, yes she might not have actually have had penetrative sex but she still cheated.

Josh rubbed his cock up and down her pussy, later she masturbated watching Amanda and Josh have sex,

She don't do herself any favors when she turns her head for the kiss at the later meeting, as much as she denied anything went on, he did catch her scantily dressed with a bloke with an erection, I would have thought she would welcome the chance to show her love for him and the way the couple was painted in the build up it was probably something he would have done anyway.

While this shows things from Faiths point of view it also changes just enough about Larry to make him seem more responsible for the way things turned out, which lends itself to my first comment.

And it seems Larry hasn't been told the total truth in regards the rubbing cock on pussy and Faiths "jerk off" session

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Pretty good story with rather original twist but somewhat sloppy. Josh is clearly a predator and a pornographer. There is an aspect of art (or should we say better "art technique") in pornography but pornographer main goal is to excite sexually, not intellectually. You could say that is a gray area, it is of course but, I think almost everybody with IQ of 100+ can recognize pornography for what it is.

Back to the weaknesses of the story. "Larry" character comes across as rather stupid. Was that the intention? It is completely unrealistic that he would believe his wife, Amanda, and Josh that she never had intercourse when they all have incentive to lie and all other signs are pointing to intercourse ... apparently even Amanda cannot vouch otherwise. More importantly, the cheating have occurred albeit without penetration. This is a typical obsession on LW. How many would consider naked cock touching labia as not cheating, or masturbating in a sort of twisted threesome without her husband knowing any of this? Wife put herself repeatedly into position of high risk while seeking excitement without her husband knowing any of that? So I agree that wife character is well done but "Larry" is truly painted as a complete fool.

Another weakness, and this is often with KB, is abrupt ending with divorce looming over Josh. I guess this is to make reader feel good that somehow Josh has been punished. But how in the world was the whole story developing without his wife ever showing her presence while he fucks all his models??? This type of lazy sloppy writing seems to be typical for KB, he just drops a random character for the sake of resolving the story once he lost interest to work on the plot.

Dude, you have good ideas but you mess up almost every time. I won't grade it but it would be 2 stars for me.

rn2711rn2711about 2 years ago

I did not like the original story and I did not like this one. Faith is playing with fire too much. I think what she had done is cheating also.

BigfundrewBigfundrewover 1 year ago

This only worked to make all the characters even less likable

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingBandor@KingBandor
2115 Followers
Back after a long time. I've not posted since the pandemic. I was inspired to write a bit more, so keep an eye out for more. Much of what I write about comes from experiences I've had, places I've been and people I've known. Born in the 60's. Came of age in the 80's. Living l...