All Comments on 'Lost at Sea Bk. 02 Ch. 12'

by KingOfHalves

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
SuggestionSuggestionover 4 years ago
Great Storytelling. Manipulative Bitch

This is great writing. But it ends with her putting the blame on him.

He travelled far and wide seeking to get rid of the curse. He subjected himself to the church. He gave up everything - his profession, his friends, his reputation, nearly committed suicide multiple times - because of the curse. So he either wanted to be rid of it more than anything else, or the curse knew all along what he really wanted. Either way, i don't see that it is anything but a curse. Many people died. And for her to say that the "gift" isn't broken but you are, is just her trying to put the blame on someone other than herself. What he wants most is to be racked with guilt until he finally kills himself just to end it? To be in love with someone who only loves herself?

He should just push her overboard. Maybe that will end the curse. It is about the only thing he hasn't tried.

The conversation with Belita about where does Quinn go - that was CLASSIC! This chapter is possibly your best writing. But for the ending to be the emotional cliffhanger, he needed to call her out for being the manipulative bitch that she is. The curse was never about what he wanted, only what she wanted.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userKingOfHalves@KingOfHalves
Lost at Sea is currently about 500k words, and well into the second book. If you're a fan of epic fantasy, pirates, mysteries, and the emotional complexities of polyamourous harem-ish relationship, this is the story for you. Each chapter averages 8k to 10k words. My release ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES