All Comments on 'Lost in a Lonely World'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 152 Comments (Page 2)
danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Excellent.

Very interesting. A life unfolds in this 1 page story . *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If he doesn't want a relationship with anyone

Why not change his e-mail and move far, far away? Why go thru all this nonsense?

looking4itlooking4itabout 6 years ago

Hit the nail on the head. Well done. However, not sure I’d say thank you for it...full marks, though, regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Shit

this is one of the best I've read in LW; you are another Matt Moreau without the pain and sadomasochism yet full of surprises that can only be caused by temptations and weaknesses; this is gold, man. Just pure gold, this story.

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
wow

amazing well written story

he took the high road and is unhappy but he is true to himself and his beliefs and for one think he is a hero

mmbny47mmbny47over 5 years ago
Not me

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. They turned their backs on him. Fuck them. I would not let past the curb much less in the house. I would leave my money to a homeless shelter. 10 years they didn't give a shit. 10 fucking years. FUCK THEM ALL!!!

Good story well written.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Sad

Sad, but a man who was terribly wronged and can't forgive. His children have no moral right to come to him now. Give all your wealth to charity and pass in peace.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Very good!

And a change of pace from the usual stories here. It was very original and well told, although the typos were a distraction. Thanks for sharing that.

ojalalalaojalalalaabout 5 years ago
The wife didn't say...

Will she publicly retract the lies she put out on her former husband? I tells him now why his big party house is empty of friends, that she, instead of telling that she was cheating on him with multiple "men," told all of his friends that he beat her. Maybe it never occurred to her that he'd be left alone, completely without support or the consolation of friends as well as of his children. I doubt that she'll want to chance them turning from her. Foul, truly foul of her to have done it, worse that foul of her not to tell the truth about what she did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

That would have been better if it had been proof read

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
What? Don't know whether to say who should suffer most

Wife cheated with more than one and blackened his name

Darin who deliberately chose based on kids and then set out to separate them from real dad

Kids for going along let themselves be bribed etc when knowing dad getting shaft

Leave everything to charity with their names added

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

I can relate to his feelings. Makes sense to me.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
Perpetual Victim

Wendy and Darrin cheat on him, trash his name, alienate his kids and friends, and he responds by being a saintly martyr? Is this Literotica or Christianity Today?

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

No need to revisit past wrongs. None of these people are worthy of even a passing thought. To hell with them all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
good story but

The wrong 2 people are dieing from terrible deseases,Wendy andDarin should be ,they are displcable people.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You wrote him as a bitter man.

And that was his choice to live with that bitterness. He never tried - tried to see his children (at ages 15 and 17 their characters are pretty set so whatever Darin did would have had minimal impact on them). He never tried to explain to friends and family that his wife was lying - to expose her infidelities to the world. And since he's been successful, instead of getting out into the world, he has let his bitterness drive him into isolation - a choice HE made. Get some professional help. Travel the world. But I have no sympathy for someone who just crawls into a hole and pulls a rock over his head.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I would leave em a penny each.

I would only leave en the penny so they show up to the will being read. The rest of the money would go to someone or something they all hate! Bwa ha ha ha!

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. To hell with all of them especially Wendy and Darin.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Nobody talks like that. Why did he not make new friends?

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well I’m not British but

Bloody fucking brutal...

A masterpiece of sadness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Didn’t work for me, a chance for revenge and he wimped out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No

Empathy empty

None deserved it

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

We have a new Matt Moran. Absolutely pathetic.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

This was dark & Different from your routine style.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Seems like a worthless piece of shit cheating wife and her family stealing lover. Oh, and two disgusting kids. Now they are all guilty and ashamed. Fuck them. I'd rather be alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He chose and lived a life of solitude. Its the armor he's surrounded himself with to protect against any further hurt and pain. When you've been betrayed, scorned and lied about as this man was then you might have an insight into his choices. You can live alone and not be alone. Its not his job and responsibility to make these people, certainly not his family any more as it was them that disowned a decade ago, to feel better about themselves for the shitty way they've treated him all these years. If they expect absolution go see a fucking priest and confess otherwise keep you toxic selfish lives out of his life and let the man die in peace.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are no pain receptors in the brain. Brain tumors can produce many symptoms but pain is not among them.

bioman57bioman57almost 3 years ago

Well done, I was able to see him in my minds eye. His hurt is now his shield, his tumor is his sword. There comes a time when we all are just waiting and we nolonger want the drama of others distrubing our pease

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

A well told story. A very sad story about a bitter, dying, old man, but a good one. I emphasize with the MC. You brought tears to my eyes. Well done. Thank-you. Looking forward to the epilog. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

-

Pasqual

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - I feel no empathy whatsoever for the pathetic shell of a human being depicted above. The only thing he deserves is a quick death - definitely not by a slow cancer.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Excellent, just the right medicine that people like this family need. They should have to live their miserable lives with the certainty that they will never have their father / grandfather by their side. Why he wants to leave his fortune to this slimy fellow is not understandable to me. There are a thousand better options!

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

I theorize that you can differentiate between male and female comments. Most males understand the protagonist pain and his choices. Even if not standing behind his choices.Most females do not, after decades of toxic femininity and feminist brainwashing the divide is bigger then ever.

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

This one is brutal. He was much nicer than I could have been.

PorterrhPorterrhabout 2 years ago

This was really hard to read , based both on the grammar and the content …. 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow you went from scorch the earth with your other stories to this? His family derseved to be burnt not bloody forgiveness or happiness.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another cuck story with no revenge, NO MAN accepts a cheating wife, or in this case a multiple cheater who says he was a wife beater or accepts someone stealing his kids

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know a man in Montana wi the 8p’s in a very similar situation, but during the meeting he shot the ex wife and the second husband … I think he did the right thing!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

S..T

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reading again. This time I noticed something I did not the first time around: that Wendy was cheating with multiple men … “shopping” for that upgrade! And lying about him abusing her…..What a completely despicable bitch! And Darin was aware of that? What a dumbshit.

.

That our hero had terminal cancer helped to explain why he approached this the way he did. But still….forget the bitch Wendy….but why cheat his kids from even 6 months of him? Did he think dying in a few months having NOT reestablished a connection with the 2 truly remorseful and desperate for his love kids was going to be LESS painful for them?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this story as it rings true as to how a cheated on and shuned husband/father would feel and react. I myself would not have been as polite in getting his message across.I simply would have returned the favour and not even acknowledged they exsisted..

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

its amazing how yet again the husband is tossed aside like trash for the bitches and bastard to return and ask for forgiveness. Fuck and let them burn in hell.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Really liked this story and agree with most of the previous reviews. Looking forward to the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He is more gracious than I would have been.

His catharsis was good for him and long overdue. His ex families pain and humiliation deserve to haunt and hurt them all for eternity. Giving ANY financial support was discontent to the story flow and hurt it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For the stupid readers commenting about the lack of "burning", this was an epic psychological and emotional beat down. Much better than shooting them. When he dies of the tumor, and they discover that he knew he had it at the time of the meeting, it will be even worse.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I read this story when it was posted but never commented! Some guys in the narrator's position would have pulled a gun and killed the whole group.

5

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmugglerabout 1 year ago

Discarded like a used apron. Never heard that before.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would you write a story about such a pussy?

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 1 month ago

rather disappointing story from you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow. Very sad. Even sadder to see the commenters who think the MC is a pussy. That being said, I would not have gone down without pushing back against the wife beater allegations. Wendy is evil and a coward. Adultery is one thing. And what Darin did was bad enough. But like the MC said, being labeled a monster was beyond the pale. Of course at this point he had a new perspective with certain death approaching. 5 stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
528 Followers
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES