All Comments on 'Lost in a Lonely World'

by dangerouslydead

Sort by:
  • 152 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wow. Very sad. Even sadder to see the commenters who think the MC is a pussy. That being said, I would not have gone down without pushing back against the wife beater allegations. Wendy is evil and a coward. Adultery is one thing. And what Darin did was bad enough. But like the MC said, being labeled a monster was beyond the pale. Of course at this point he had a new perspective with certain death approaching. 5 stars.

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 1 month ago

rather disappointing story from you

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why would you write a story about such a pussy?

MoustacheSmugglerMoustacheSmugglerabout 1 year ago

Discarded like a used apron. Never heard that before.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

I read this story when it was posted but never commented! Some guys in the narrator's position would have pulled a gun and killed the whole group.

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

For the stupid readers commenting about the lack of "burning", this was an epic psychological and emotional beat down. Much better than shooting them. When he dies of the tumor, and they discover that he knew he had it at the time of the meeting, it will be even worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

He is more gracious than I would have been.

His catharsis was good for him and long overdue. His ex families pain and humiliation deserve to haunt and hurt them all for eternity. Giving ANY financial support was discontent to the story flow and hurt it.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

Really liked this story and agree with most of the previous reviews. Looking forward to the next chapter

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 1 year ago

its amazing how yet again the husband is tossed aside like trash for the bitches and bastard to return and ask for forgiveness. Fuck and let them burn in hell.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked this story as it rings true as to how a cheated on and shuned husband/father would feel and react. I myself would not have been as polite in getting his message across.I simply would have returned the favour and not even acknowledged they exsisted..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Reading again. This time I noticed something I did not the first time around: that Wendy was cheating with multiple men … “shopping” for that upgrade! And lying about him abusing her…..What a completely despicable bitch! And Darin was aware of that? What a dumbshit.

.

That our hero had terminal cancer helped to explain why he approached this the way he did. But still….forget the bitch Wendy….but why cheat his kids from even 6 months of him? Did he think dying in a few months having NOT reestablished a connection with the 2 truly remorseful and desperate for his love kids was going to be LESS painful for them?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

S..T

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I know a man in Montana wi the 8p’s in a very similar situation, but during the meeting he shot the ex wife and the second husband … I think he did the right thing!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Another cuck story with no revenge, NO MAN accepts a cheating wife, or in this case a multiple cheater who says he was a wife beater or accepts someone stealing his kids

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow you went from scorch the earth with your other stories to this? His family derseved to be burnt not bloody forgiveness or happiness.

PorterrhPorterrhabout 2 years ago

This was really hard to read , based both on the grammar and the content …. 1 star

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

This one is brutal. He was much nicer than I could have been.

MikodaMikodaabout 2 years ago

I theorize that you can differentiate between male and female comments. Most males understand the protagonist pain and his choices. Even if not standing behind his choices.Most females do not, after decades of toxic femininity and feminist brainwashing the divide is bigger then ever.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

Excellent, just the right medicine that people like this family need. They should have to live their miserable lives with the certainty that they will never have their father / grandfather by their side. Why he wants to leave his fortune to this slimy fellow is not understandable to me. There are a thousand better options!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

0 stars - I feel no empathy whatsoever for the pathetic shell of a human being depicted above. The only thing he deserves is a quick death - definitely not by a slow cancer.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementeover 2 years ago

A well told story. A very sad story about a bitter, dying, old man, but a good one. I emphasize with the MC. You brought tears to my eyes. Well done. Thank-you. Looking forward to the epilog. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

-

Pasqual

bioman57bioman57almost 3 years ago

Well done, I was able to see him in my minds eye. His hurt is now his shield, his tumor is his sword. There comes a time when we all are just waiting and we nolonger want the drama of others distrubing our pease

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

There are no pain receptors in the brain. Brain tumors can produce many symptoms but pain is not among them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He chose and lived a life of solitude. Its the armor he's surrounded himself with to protect against any further hurt and pain. When you've been betrayed, scorned and lied about as this man was then you might have an insight into his choices. You can live alone and not be alone. Its not his job and responsibility to make these people, certainly not his family any more as it was them that disowned a decade ago, to feel better about themselves for the shitty way they've treated him all these years. If they expect absolution go see a fucking priest and confess otherwise keep you toxic selfish lives out of his life and let the man die in peace.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Seems like a worthless piece of shit cheating wife and her family stealing lover. Oh, and two disgusting kids. Now they are all guilty and ashamed. Fuck them. I'd rather be alone.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

This was dark & Different from your routine style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

We have a new Matt Moran. Absolutely pathetic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
No

Empathy empty

None deserved it

jtwheels

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Didn’t work for me, a chance for revenge and he wimped out.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well I’m not British but

Bloody fucking brutal...

A masterpiece of sadness.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Nobody talks like that. Why did he not make new friends?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago

Again. To hell with all of them especially Wendy and Darin.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I would leave em a penny each.

I would only leave en the penny so they show up to the will being read. The rest of the money would go to someone or something they all hate! Bwa ha ha ha!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
You wrote him as a bitter man.

And that was his choice to live with that bitterness. He never tried - tried to see his children (at ages 15 and 17 their characters are pretty set so whatever Darin did would have had minimal impact on them). He never tried to explain to friends and family that his wife was lying - to expose her infidelities to the world. And since he's been successful, instead of getting out into the world, he has let his bitterness drive him into isolation - a choice HE made. Get some professional help. Travel the world. But I have no sympathy for someone who just crawls into a hole and pulls a rock over his head.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
good story but

The wrong 2 people are dieing from terrible deseases,Wendy andDarin should be ,they are displcable people.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Reading again

No need to revisit past wrongs. None of these people are worthy of even a passing thought. To hell with them all.

Robby_DRobby_Dabout 4 years ago
Perpetual Victim

Wendy and Darrin cheat on him, trash his name, alienate his kids and friends, and he responds by being a saintly martyr? Is this Literotica or Christianity Today?

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Good story

I can relate to his feelings. Makes sense to me.

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
What? Don't know whether to say who should suffer most

Wife cheated with more than one and blackened his name

Darin who deliberately chose based on kids and then set out to separate them from real dad

Kids for going along let themselves be bribed etc when knowing dad getting shaft

Leave everything to charity with their names added

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

That would have been better if it had been proof read

ojalalalaojalalalaabout 5 years ago
The wife didn't say...

Will she publicly retract the lies she put out on her former husband? I tells him now why his big party house is empty of friends, that she, instead of telling that she was cheating on him with multiple "men," told all of his friends that he beat her. Maybe it never occurred to her that he'd be left alone, completely without support or the consolation of friends as well as of his children. I doubt that she'll want to chance them turning from her. Foul, truly foul of her to have done it, worse that foul of her not to tell the truth about what she did.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
Very good!

And a change of pace from the usual stories here. It was very original and well told, although the typos were a distraction. Thanks for sharing that.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Sad

Sad, but a man who was terribly wronged and can't forgive. His children have no moral right to come to him now. Give all your wealth to charity and pass in peace.

mmbny47mmbny47over 5 years ago
Not me

I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire. They turned their backs on him. Fuck them. I would not let past the curb much less in the house. I would leave my money to a homeless shelter. 10 years they didn't give a shit. 10 fucking years. FUCK THEM ALL!!!

Good story well written.

cub4acougarcub4acougaralmost 6 years ago
wow

amazing well written story

he took the high road and is unhappy but he is true to himself and his beliefs and for one think he is a hero

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Shit

this is one of the best I've read in LW; you are another Matt Moreau without the pain and sadomasochism yet full of surprises that can only be caused by temptations and weaknesses; this is gold, man. Just pure gold, this story.

looking4itlooking4itabout 6 years ago

Hit the nail on the head. Well done. However, not sure I’d say thank you for it...full marks, though, regardless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
If he doesn't want a relationship with anyone

Why not change his e-mail and move far, far away? Why go thru all this nonsense?

danoctoberdanoctoberabout 6 years ago
Excellent.

Very interesting. A life unfolds in this 1 page story . *****

ju8streadingju8streadingabout 6 years ago

the bitterness never goes away for some of us. especially when the other traitor was a family member. the law is a fickle bitch and there is no legal justice to get for the cheated spouse, but they will reward the cheaters.

so relating to this story is easy for some.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
So . . .

. . . sad. 5*

tazz317tazz317about 6 years ago
A MAN AMONGST ADULTS

plays the hand he was dealt and allows the others to play their cards while he reveals his strategy. The righteous man till the end and leaves an emptier space in his wake. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very realistic,,,,I've lived it. Bitterness and hate,,,,,

This is one of the most realistic stories. I've lived it- but it wasn't 10 years, it was 35 years. Unless you've been in their shoes? They pinch, they squeek and you pray that God will beat the ever loving fuck out of them- on a daily basis, and twice on Sundays.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Is it nobility or masochism?

He is definitely entittled to feel angry and bitter. But he not being an asshole as someone else (who doesn't get it) aledges. He is being human. He is the detritus of a betrayed man, a hurt and fucked over father and husband. With the brain tumour he probably feels his whole life has been stolen or wasted.

He is a man more sinned against than sinning.

Nice job. A very well written piece.

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
The children deserve the seven stages of hell

At an age where they are capable of knowing that their girlfriend or boyfriend could hurt them by cheating, and yet being a fucking soul less kids to theirs fathers's pain as it was being an inconvenience to their life.....

What a piece of shit family could do that.

Hope they all rott in hell

MaFreplerMaFreplerabout 7 years ago
Another author who thinks being a man means being an asshole

A total waste. The narrator is so prideful and so willing to wallow in pain that he is cruel to his children. What do we learn from this except for the author's sickness? I don't get it.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3about 7 years ago
BS

Sanctimonious trash. What a whiney jerk mouthing self-serving platitudes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Why after 10 years?

The story doesn't say why, after 10 years, the kids all of a sudden wanted a relationship. As the protagonist, it wouldn't have mattered, but as the reader, I'd like to know.

As I mentioned in the follow up, having a wife betray you is bad enough, having the kids betray you is unforgivable. There is NO WAY I would have given them the slightest morsel of kindness.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

The follow up is fantastic. 5

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
An Interesting Take!

What an interesting story. I don't like to see cheaters win but these cheaters win. And even worse the ex gives up. The kids even gave up on their father...now after 10 years (and their step-father's business crashing), they want to make lovey-dovey with their father who they ignored for 10 years???? I'm glad the father held his ground and told them all to get lost.

I didn't like the fact that he did it because he was dying. I think the story would have been better if he just kept on living and living a better life...without the 2 kids, etc.

Thank you for the story.

auhunter04auhunter04over 7 years ago
all you negative folk

What you are reading and judging is a story of a fucked over man by a lying now ex-wife, who through her actions drove all his friends away.

What you are reading is the story of a fucked over, fucked up old man doing his best to get along in a fucked up world.

What would you have him do? Open his arms to those who turned their backs on him?

He and the others have nothing in common any more except for a bit of DNA.

They collectively killed his emotion toward them and now are crying false tears and trying to make things "right"

He has about 6 months to live-although Doctors have been wrong before-

I ask you why should he spend his last few days above ground making these heartless selfish brutal people feel better-salving their conscience if you will at his own expense?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sterile

The writing is as sterile as the seducer. No emotion pathos. Buyer poor intellectual exercise

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
1*

What a fucking loser.

tazz317tazz317about 8 years ago
HE ACCEPTED HIS FATE

and made sure they did also. TK U MLJ LV NV

kjohns2001kjohns2001about 8 years ago
They should rot in hell

The cheaters and the kids should all rot in the deepest pit in hell for what they did to him. Even in his pain he was a better man than I am. I would have either killed or crippled for life the cheaters and either let the kids go into state care or to relatives that only put up with them out of obligation. And he was leaving his money to them? Fucking hell, let them live without his money just like he had to live without them!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Fairly well written but what a spineless man!

He just let himself get railroaded. So many things he could have done other than accept a beat down by all concerned. And in his will they get nothing, absolutely nothing. The problem with this is that it's just depressing. It simply wasn't any fun to read despite being well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
What a wimp

This guy is way too casual about the entire situation. You raise a family only to have someone come along and snipe them only because he want's his own family. The fact that he had lost everything pleased me to no end. Being as rich as he was, it would have been an easy job to completely ruin the cheating couple. The kids at 15 and 17 when their mom deserted their dad were old enough to know what was happening and they knew right from wrong. Too much forgiveness for such a crapy thing to do to the guy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Inheritance

Fuck the kids. Donate your stuff to charity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Agree with two Commentators

Firemanlit and Sugna summed up my feelings perfectly.

firemanlitfiremanlitover 9 years ago

Not one of them would get any material goods. And the mortician would be bound by a written contract not to allow any of them to the services or cemetery. But that would not be revealed until the x-wife, her current husband and the not-his-children all confessed in writing to his attorney. All would be required to be at the reading of the will, at that time they would find out copies of their confessions had been distributed to their religious orgs, work places, and other members of the family. All of his wealth would go to local orgs such as women and childrens shelters, food banks and health clinics.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 10 years ago
You were right...

Very sad, but well done. 5* from me.

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
They were shit

He was right, they were shit. Just because they were shit does not mean life has to be sad! Move on, have fun! Get over it! There is plenty of grief that comes from raising kids along with the love. He missed the grief as well as the love. So, call it a wash! He shot his DNA into the future and that is good enough! If he wanted love, get a dog, and then maybe a girlfriend, no need to get married again, he already had kids. Just have fun.

user110user110almost 10 years ago
damn, granpappy is still emo?

gaaaaaawwwwwwd! puberty is hell, even for seniors. i blame GMOs.

sdc92078sdc92078about 10 years ago
Makes sense to me

After ten years, he is at peace even if he is not happy. Now he is looking at a future that is short and will be full of physical pain. Having his ex-family return now will only reawaken the emotional pain they inflicted upon him and further add to his suffering. And he is actually being kind to them as well. Real revenge would be to welcome them back with open arms so that they can watch him die, since they actually killed the man he was ten years ago.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3over 10 years ago
Almost

I much prefer a story where reality impinges on the story. It is a copout to have him kiss off his family by reason of brain tumor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I could...

...see it go down like that.

Wendy was going to be out of there as soon as a better deal came around. Dad just married the wrong woman (cheating, greedy, lying, scheming). Darin married the right one with the right kids, and was lucky enough that another trade up opportunity didn't come around for Wendy.

Dad's own fault he let it keep him from happiness the past 10 years.

With 3 years to live, I would waste a minute on that crowd.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Wow what a stort

He was right - of course - and he was completely wrong - of course -

He allowed them to destroy not just his present and his past but his future - no one should allow that - influence it? (no choice) - impact it? (sure). Completely dominate and destroy it? -NEVER!!

But he did and then he had to live with it so the end was the right one and the revenge he got, whether he wanted it or not, was complete when he died and they realized he knew it was coming when he showed them out. Proving he was better than they were - or not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Life is Weird.....5

This is a very good story, we all have to make judgement calls, his made sense to him and I can see his reasoning. Too bad he could not trust another woman. Fucin Bitches(LOL)....bill

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Well, actually he wimped out...

He got screwed over by his wife, her lover, his son, and his daughter. His payback..not holding them goodbye. Well, whoopee Doo.

cantbuymycantbuymyalmost 11 years ago

fuck the gramatical errors this was fucking fantastic. and the epilogue is even better. his kids are garbage and prove it. love the story.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 11 years ago

The grammatical errors kept interfering with the story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 11 years ago
Second Comment

Fucking assholes. Cheating and disrespectful assholes. Fuck them all. Now I'll read the epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Wow

There is the very definition of a man that was crushed. All the life crushed out of him. Its funny, people can destroy someone like that and then later come back and expect that person is the same one they were before they were destroyed. It doesn't work like that. I've seen it happen over and over.

TornadoTysTornadoTysabout 11 years ago
Have a Good Life

The best thing the jilted husband could have done was have a good life and lifestyle.

Remarry and have mote children.

As for his telling everyone he was a wife beater, well she shoul now re tell everyone she lied and put a big ad in local newspapers, go on local radio to inform people she lied.

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 11 years ago

the kids are garbage, the wife is a whore and the man needs to be dead.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Fuck them All!

If I was in that situation, and I was dying of a brain tumor and those idiots were stupid enough to come to my house - there would be blood shed, pain, agony and torture! They all would be bound and gagged. I would start with Darin and dismember him while he was still alive and conscious. When he was armless, legless but still alive I would sit him in the corner and start on my ex. I would simply slap the shit out of her with my hand and then a belt. When I was done with her she'd be nothing but a bloody mass lying on the floor moaning. Alive but brutally scarred for life. Then the kids would get it - not as much, but enough to make them remember it for the rest of their lives. I would mark their foreheads with a T for traitor. I would piss on them and tell them to go fuck themselves. When I was done I would pull out my shotgun and blow my tumorous brains all over them! No, I would not leave them one red cent. I would have already donated it to charities of my liking.

JackWoodyJackWoodyover 11 years ago
great story

Another slice of life from the writers, (or Dad's) perspective. This is what makes one a good writer.

Thanks.

jiminabjiminabover 11 years ago
Sorry

Mr. D I just found this way to hard to read.Not the writing nut the story. If this was a book I would not buy it. Not saying your writing is bad as it is not. It;s just this tough story. Thanks. Jim

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
DESTROY

He should have destroyed their lives to the gutter of life. Give all your money to others not to a ungrateful family---DESTROY

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
WOW!!!

This was a very profound story. This was probably one of the most unique stories on this site. Congratulations on a job well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Don't agree with the husband's strategy

In my own life (and I am older than anyone in this story) I have always found that when it is all said and done, the truth is the best medicine for all our ills. His kids loved him, he was not senile, is he only minutes to live his loved ones wanted to be held and caressed. His former wife was most cold hearted and cruel for the lies about this abuse of her, she deserved nothing from him. Her husband was a predator and opportunist and took away his family and he to deserved nothing from him. Our hero might have felt better to have forgiven them for their past indiscretions, lies, sins and just plain asswhip behavior but I believe that truly only God can forgive somethings.

I wish the hero had realized that he needlessly hurt his children by denying them the little time he had left. Did their earlier rejection of him hurt that much and if it did how petty was that ?

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
#2 A PRAGMATIC SOLUTION

with truth and false remorse from the cheaters and a polite GO F---Y---------. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
I have read this story

four times now and still don't like how the man handled himself.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 12 years ago
what I don't understand is why so many authors destroy the husband

this is just another story where the husband is destroyed and the wife lives a happy life with her sorry assed children while the man that did everything for them gets fucked. WWWWWWWOoooooooohhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooo, I wouldn't have even let her kids in.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
cantbuymybrain

Read the story fuckwit, or are you one of those mental midgets who try to insert extra stuff into a story? Classic closet cuck, can't write for shit but gotta tell others how to. Physician, heal thyself!

cantbuymycantbuymyabout 12 years ago
did the fucking cunt

ever go back and tell everyone she lied about him being a wife beater?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Traitor

buggered by the meaty cock, the fat cock smoked, betrayed!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdangerouslydead@dangerouslydead
528 Followers
I write as a part of my anger therapy. It is a stressful world we live in and we can find outlets in different ways. This is mine.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES