All Comments on 'Lost in the Light Ch. 12'

by Belderiever

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
cittrancittranabout 10 years ago
hrmmm.....

"I don't have wings..."

"Of course not, you're a boy."

You were watching the Dark Crystal recently, weren't you?

BelderieverBelderieverabout 10 years agoAuthor
Easter Eggs

As I was writing it and trying to make that scene a tender moment to make up for all the fuckery I've put her through, I suddenly felt the need to pay homage to that movie. It was one of the first ones that broke away from gender stereotypes by painting the heroine as a badass and hero as a bit of a putz. And it was, to the best of my recall, the first strong survivor female character I experienced.

Kinda like Riyarra and Valel. ^.^

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Very nice. It just makes me want more, as the others did. The Riyara/Valel combo kind of came out of nowhere for me, though. Maybe I'm forgetting something from a previous chapter, but their getting together wasn't something I thought would happen. I also assumed that Riyara would almost immediately question the harpai about Liam's fate. I'm sure it will come about at some point soon, and I suppose it plays into the "calm before the storm". So, yeah, looking forward to more; hopefully, sooner rather than later.

BelderieverBelderieverabout 10 years agoAuthor
Good Point

Re: Riyarra x Valel.

Thats a good criticism. I didn't build up the attraction before they acted on it as I have some of the others. I alluded to fact Riyarra may be interested when Valel returned from his first encounter with Tamain But I think for both of their personalities, an overt romance would be out of the question due to their status. Valel has been chivalarous to the point of being assexual, (honestly, I hadn't decided if he was even straight yet. :P), and Riyarra will always been scarred and reluctant to accept any feelings she has. An intense moment would be needed to break her out of her walls. And that happened. But yes, even if I wanted to make it a more subtle romance, I could have done a better job expressing that. Good catch, Thanks!

Riyarra doesn't know Liam's fate yet. That bomb gets dropped next chapter. Which, will be out soon, but there is a lot happening, and its going to be a long one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Thi was an especially good chapter.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous