Lost in the Mountains Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gaurav broke down on the phone and started crying loudly. He dropped down to his knees while pulling the receiver with him.

"Stop crying, my child. Forget her. She's not right for you. I always told you. You come to your mother."

"I can't right now, maa. I need money."

"Whatever you need, Gaurav. I'll transfer some to you right away."

"But, maa, I don't have my card or any other document. I'll send you account details, please transfer there."

"Okay, son. You just take care of yourself. I am dying to see you. Talk to your father, Gaurav. He's so lifeless since you were gone."

"Not right now, maa, please. I am not in the right state of mind. I will see you soon."

"Whenever you are comfortable. Oh, how lucky we are!"

"I love you, mom. And I miss you so much!"

"We love you, Gaurav. Come home, come home soon!"

Gaurav left the booth and went to Ratan. He told him that he needed his account details to transfer some money and that he would pay him some of it for his help. As a loyal servant, Ratan thought of taking permission from Prem Kumar, but he thought it was no big deal. Plus, when does life give a chance to earn thousands of rupees just to give access to your bank account.

In a couple of hours, Gaurav's parents had transferred the money. Ratan's face beamed with happiness upon seeing 10 lakh rupees in his account. Even though, only a fraction of it was his. They walked towards the village together.

"Ratan!" Gaurav suddenly stopped behind him.

"Ji sahab!"

"How would you like if instead of the thirty thousand I promised, you could keep the entire 10 lakh that's there in your account?"

"Arre sir. Gareeb ka mazaak mat udao!" (Don't make fun of a poor man)

"I'm serious!"

"But why?"

"Listen, I know what you did. Or rather, what Prem Kumar made you do!"

Ratan was tall and strong, yet his body went limp and face became pale upon hearing this.

"What do you mean?"

Ratan became passive aggressive and tried to straighten his body to intimidate Gaurav.

"You know what I mean!"

It was as if strength disappeared from Ratan's body as his usually upright posture slouched into a wayward figure.

"You fooled an innocent girl. You destroyed her life. And my life too! And probably, the life of the little child."

Ratan didn't reply.

"But I know you did it out of duty, out of respect for Prem Kumar. He's the one who's really at fault here. I'll deal with him my own way. However, you, you have a chance at redemption. Rectify your mistake and get 10 lakh rupees. I think it's the fairest deal in the history of the world."

"And if, by chance, still are not convinced to help me out...I'm a photojournalist, I have contacts. I know people much more powerful than your Prem Kumar. This pandemic won't last forever. And when it ends, so will your life as you know it. You will be arrested, your kids won't be able to study, they will never get a job, your wife will have no food to cook at home. You will not die, but you will hope you do."

"I know you are angry right now. You are boiling! You want to hurt me. You can! But, I've told everything to my parents and if I don't call them back every 2 days, they will unleash hell on this village. Do you understand me?"

"But Gaurav sir!" Ratan was trembling. He could barely speak. Gaurav knew he had won, at least the first of many battles against Prem Kumar. "What do I have to do?"

"First, send your wife and kids to the city. Then, I will call Ruhani on the pretext of meeting her for the last time. You will escort us as usual, without raising any suspicion. Act normal in front of Prem Kumar. When we reach Lalaji's house, you will tell her everything. EVERYTHING, as it happened! And then you are free to go with all the money. I don't care where you go, but 10 lakh rupees is enough to start a new life anywhere! That's it. Are you in?"

Ratan had been serving Prem Kumar for over 30 years. He was the most loyal of his guards or servants, whatever you might call them. But, you will be surprised at how quickly loyalties can change when there's this much money involved. There's no master bigger than money, and that's a fact!

"Yes, Gaurav sir. Yes!"

"Great. I will see you tomorrow!"

***

The next day, Gaurav walked up to Prem Kumar's house and rang the bell. He was worried that the old man might open the door and foil his plans a bit, but it was Ruhani who answered.

"Gaurav!" She smiled and then her lips frowned her face into a look of pity.

"Ruhani, I want to talk to you."

"Come in, Gaurav!"

"No! You come with me. Listen, I'm sorry for what I called you yesterday. I didn't mean that, you know? I gave you a chance to speak your heart out, now it's my turn."

"But, Prem is sleeping. I mean my son."

"I won't take long. Please! Just hear me out."

"Okay, let's go. But I have to be back soon!" Ruhani looked inside the house anxiously and nodded.

"Sure!"

They paced towards Lalaji's house. All along the way, Gaurav had a strong urge to hold her hand, but didn't. They had walked through these very streets once as a couple. Before everything changed. Before the world collapsed.

When they reached the house, Ratan was waiting there as usual. He was pacing up and down the street nervously. He followed Gaurav and Ruhani inside the room.

"Ratan ji! Please wait outside. He's not running anywhere!" She said rather irritatingly.

"No. Ruhani, it's okay. What I had to tell you, Ratan will instead!"

"What do you mean? I don't understand!"

"You will, in a moment."

Ruhani was perplexed. She took a look towards the door, plotting her escape if things came to that.

"Does Prem ji know about this?" She looked at both of them expecting neither of them to answer. Maybe she was asking the question to herself.

"Ruhani, please relax. Sit down."

Ruhani sat on the sofa and Gaurav joined her. Ratan was standing right in front of them with his mouth open.

"Go on, Ratan. Tell her. Everything!"

Ratan started speaking but his voice was dry. He gulped down some spit down his throat and coughed a little.

"Memsahib!"

Ruhani looked at him in anticipation.

"Erm, remember the day when we found Gaurav sir's body? Well, now you know it wasn't really him. But I knew it all along. And so did...Prem ji!"

The face of frustration turned into that of surprise on Ruhani.

"What are you saying?" She defended her husband vehemently.

"I am sorry, memsahib. But it's true. I knew it because I kept the body there. Prem sahib knew it because he ordered me to. I had taken pictures of your engagement ring and asked Amit the jeweller to make an exact copy. I knew you and Gaurav sir had the same ring. Then, I looked for a body that matched Gaurav sir's physical description and put the ring on its finger. It was all carefully planned by Prem ji. I raised an alarm and called you guys, but it was all pre-decided. I have served Prem ji for many decades. I've never seen him do something so sinister. I guess he really loves you and would do anything to keep you to himself."

Ratan spurted it all out without break because he knew any type of counter argument would make him even more hesitant. He wasn't ready to answer any questions, but still he stood there and waited for Ruhani's reaction.

She had started crying and got up furiously.

"Shut up, Ratan! Have you no shame? How dare you make such false accusations on the man who's given you everything. EVERYTHING! And, Gaurav? What is this? Is this some cheap trick to get me back? I am ashamed of you. I never expected this. Let me go!"

She tried to leave, but Gaurav held her arm.

"He is not making it up, Ruhani. It's all true. You can ask the jeweller as well. Or, better yet, ask Prem Kumar. Make him swear on your life, or your child's life. Let's see how he reacts."

"I don't believe it. I don't believe it!"

"Ruhani, we've known each other all our adult lives. Do you really think I will lie to you? I just want to protect. EVEN after everything that's happened, I care for you. And I love you."

Gaurav pulled in Ruhani for a hug. He gestured Ratan to leave and execute the next part of the plan.

"Shhh. I'm here, Rooh. I'm back!" Gaurav consoled her.

Ratan left the house and told the truth to 2-3 locals as well. He quickly stormed off the village where he had a car waiting with his wife and kids. He took a long look at the village that he had never left and watched on as the life he knew came to an end.

The rumours spread quickly through the village and quickly reached Prem Kumar who was already restlessly waiting for his wife to come back. Their child had woken up and was hungry. He left her with the maid and went on to confront Gaurav and Ruhani. On the way, the old man's legs faltered and sweat broke from all parts of his body.

He couldn't believe Ratan, of all people, would do this! He could see Ruhani finally slipping away from his hands. Just 3 days ago, they were planning to have another kid and Prem Kumar thought he would die a happy man, whatever years were left in him. Now, all his planning and scheming had failed. He had no idea how he would face Ruhani. Not just that day, but for the rest of his life. A few metres before the house, he tripped on a stone and fell.

One or two people gathered around to help him up. Soon, there was an entire crowd in the area and a loud murmur waved through. Prem Kumar felt very embarrassed and all the courage he had mustered to meet Ruhani and explain himself, was buried in the ground on which he just fell. He couldn't make eye contact with the people around him and whispered into the ears of a young boy to take him home.

Prem Kumar reached home and dropped into his sofa. He felt lost, but he wasn't gonna lose. His sharp mind quickly came up with another plan and he called in for one of his servants. Ratan was gone, but he could create 10 more Ratans in the space of a few minutes. He was the sarpanch after all. He was the king. And he would do anything to get his queen back!

***

Prem Kumar put up security outside Lalaji's house. Ruhani and Gaurav were basically put under an unofficial house arrest. At first, Ruhani didn't believe her loving husband could do this. On the second day, she thought that he might give in. On the third day, she finally believed that it was real. Prem Kumar had really shown his true colours.

They were served food and other amenities inside the house, but none of them could step outside. Ruhani missed her son. And she was super worried about him. All day she would just complain how he would be hungry, how he would be crying and so on. But, Prem Junior was fine. He did cry a lot for the first two days, but his father brought in 4 nurses for him, one of them was lactating. So, the little child was getting ample of care and love and, of course, milk!

Soon, a week had passed! Ruhani's last strands of hope were breaking down. Had she really married a psychopath? Had he destroyed her life? Gaurav's life? Had she destroyed Gaurav's life as well? She felt very guilty and broke down crying. Gaurav hugged her tightly. For the first time since his return, she felt safe in his arms, the way she used to.

"It will be okay. I'll get us out of here, Rooh!"

"How? We can't even leave this room!"

"I am sorry, I didn't completely trust you before. But, I think I can tell you now. I told my parents that if I don't contact them in the next week, they should send help. And I'm sure, help is on its way. They can't come down here, but they have contacts. A group of locals will soon be here to escort us out of the village. Then, we will be free, Rooh. And we can live the life we always imagined!"

Gaurav started crying as well. Their hug became tighter.

"But what about Prem? My child?"

"Rooh, we can't go anywhere near Prem Kumar's house. It must be like a fortress by now. See, the men outside? He will have more men outside his own place."

"I can't leave without my son! He's my everything!"

"Rooh!"

Gaurav wrapped his arms around Ruhani's shoulder and kissed her head.

"I'll go. I'll try everything to bring your son back. I love you, Ruhani. I will always love you!"

He wiped tears from her cheeks and kissed them. Slowly, he kissed her chin and then her lips. Surprisingly, she didn't move back this time. It's not like she had fallen in love with him again, but she was not herself and she felt protected in his arms. Gaurav kept kissing her lovingly and made his way across her saree. He removed the pallu and squeezed her boobs. They had really changed so much!

He traced his fingers along them to ascertain just how much they had grown and where. Ruhani didn't object to any of his actions, and simply let Gaurav has his way. He was her man now. He would protect her and bring her son to her. As for Gaurav, his lust drove him mad. His erection could tear off his pants.

Then, Gaurav decided it was time to be bolder. He took his hand inside Ruhani's blouse and finally had her firm breasts in his hands.

"Uff!" He moaned softly, breaking their kiss.

In a fit of rage, Gaurav tore off the front of his blouse and got on top of her. Ruhani's hands went towards his erection and she gasped upon feeling it. Gaurav removed his pants and his dick popped out. It had been so long since Ruhani had seen it. And it brought back so many memories. Even though they had never had sex, she had stroked his dick a few times. Back then, it was the highlight of her sexual life. But now, Prem Kumar had unleashed so much more in her.

Gaurav couldn't believe it. He was finally gonna fuck Ruhani. He had waited for this moment for 8 years! They had promised not to have sex till they got married, but now, Ruhani was married to someone else. So, maybe the promise didn't hold anymore. Ruhani eagerly folder her saree up to her stomach and removed her panties.

She closed her eyes and images of Prem Kumar popped up in front of her eyes, making her wetter. She bit her lower lip and waited for the dick to enter her, but just then there was a loud bang on her door.

"Ruhani madam! Ruhani madam! Prem ji has called you!"

The couple were finally brought back to their senses. Both of them had no idea they were so deep into it, naked and almost about to have sex. Ruhani was devastated. She was about to cheat on her husband! She could never do that, it was against her principles. No matter how wrong or evil he was, Prem Kumar was the man she had taken wedding vows with. She quicky got off the sofa and started getting dressed.

"Ruhani madam! He says your son is missing you. You can come home and meet him. I am here to take you." The guy at the door shouted.

"Rooh, no! He's lying. He's trying to manipulate you. You can't go!"

"Madam are you coming?"

"Rooh, Ruhani! Trust me. I'll bring your son to you. You can't go. Not now, after...!"

"Ruhani madam, answer me!"

"Rooh no! NOOOO!"

Ruhani quickly adjusted her saree over her torn blouse. She kept looking at Gaurav, confusion dripping from her face as she walked towards the door. It was as if, she had surrendered her body to fate and it was Prem Kumar's sheer power that was pulling her towards him, like a more powerful magnet pulls away metallic objects towards it

She left!

***

When Ruhani reached home, she straightaway went to to look for her son. But, there, she found her husband instead, waiting for her, alone in the hall!

Prem Kumar had a long, careful look at her. Her hair looked messy and her saree was wayward. Upon closer inspection, he realised that something was wrong with her blouse and she was holding her pallu tightly to cover it. He stepped closer to her, she stepped back while looking at him, scared.

He tried to remove her saree to see what had happened, but she held her arm across her breasts. Prem Kumar aggressively held her arm with his hand and used the other one to uncover her. Then he saw it! Her torn blouse!

Prem Kumar got so furious that he choked his wife.

"Did you fuck him? I leave you alone for a few days, and you fuck someone else?"

Ruhani had never been so scared in her life. Prem Kumar had rarely been aggressive with her, though she had seen that side of his while having sex. Especially, in the early days or when she teased him a little too much.

"Nnnooo! I would never!"

"Then what the fuck is this, whore?"

Her fear was now at its peak. She failed to recognise her husband. This was not the sweet and caring older man she had known and loved. This was the powerful village head who was all set to dominate her. But, now her fear was subsiding. In fact, the confusion that had been tormenting her began to mellow down. No matter how hard Gaurav tried, he could never be as powerful as this old man.

"I...I wasn't willing. He just...I couldn't stop him. But, nothing happened. Nothing hap...happened, I promise. I would never do that, husband. We took vows!"

"That's better! Now, go to our room and wear this! I will come in exactly 15 minutes. You better be ready!"

Ruhani looked at the sofa. The saree she wore when Prem Kumar first announced that he will marry her was placed there. This was his way to subtly remind her who's in charge. The feelings were the same back then. Ruhani liked Prem Kumar, but never in her right state of mind would she marry him. But, the old man's power and dominance made her submit. She had no other option.

Now, many months and a child later, it was the same. She was ready to submit to this old man again. She was a woman after all. Her body was designed to be bred by the man she deemed was powerful enough to protect her. And it wasn't Gaurav. It definitely wasn't Gaurav. It was Prem Kumar. And despite his conniving ways, she knew she was his. Forever!

First, she went and took a quick and warm shower. She came out and started getting ready. She wore the red silk saree adorned with beautiful golden embroidery. The rich red colour complemented her gorgeous complexion, making her look naturally youthful, even as a new mother. She draped the saree around her slender frame with grace.

Next, she carefully wore her red and golden bangles, feeling her slender wrists with each bangle, revelling in her bridehood. She gave her mesmerising eyes another touch of beauty with a subtle blend of earthy eyeshadows, delicately lined with kajal to add some more allure. She added a hint of blush to her cheeks, which finally glowed after a week of carrying the burden of tears. On her luscious lips, she painted a light red lipstick, highlighting their natural fullness.

Her long hair cascaded down her back, curving near her shoulders and resting just over her breasts. She wore a pair of golden earrings which shimmered through the room along with her exuberance. Finally, she picked her mangalsutra and carefully tied it around her neck. Her bangles jingled as she did that, reminding her of her special marital bond.

Wicked are the ways of the human heart. Just moments ago, Prem Kumar had literally choked her, and now, her body yearned for him. She sat in front of the mirror looking at the gorgeous young lady, and she could see the expression of longing radiating from her face. She was incomplete without her husband, she wanted him, even if he was an abusive cheat.

Just then, Prem Kumar entered the room, as if after listening to her heart's calling.

"Prem ji!"

She got up and covered her head with her saree. She took a box of sindoor and brought it to him. The old man readily applied it to her head and kept the bottle back at the dressing table. She got down to touch his feet. He lifted her up and hugged her. Then, he stared at the wall behind her and gave a wicked smile. There was something there. A hidden camera!

While all of this was going on, Gaurav could see everything while sitting at Lalaji's house, naked and tied to a chair. As soon as Ruhani left, Prem Kumar's bodyguards had attacked him. But after Prem Kumar got to know that he tried to fuck Ruhani and tore off her blouse, he asked his men to do the same to him.