Love and Fortune Ch. 04

Story Info
All are welcome at the estate. Only requirement? Hotness.
10.6k words
4.75
8.3k
11

Part 4 of the 8 part series

Updated 03/24/2024
Created 01/18/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
crrrying
crrrying
134 Followers

Author's Note

I've been getting a few comments asking when/if the stakes will ratchet up in the story or whether some kind of conflict will emerge -- hate to let anyone down, but I feel I ought to go ahead and admit that this isn't the kind of story I'm trying to write here. I'm considering a few brushes with trouble or danger, but nothing that will pose a serious threat. I've got a few other stories cooking in the meantime that will be more up your alley if you're looking for something with a bit more tension -- but as for this one, expect mainly fluff and play. I've found that's what fits the super-luck concept best.

That said, this chapter does introduce a bit more lore and drops hints toward the power's true nature (which will definitely be expanded on as things keep going) -- so I'm hoping you'll all look forward to more upcoming plot threads about that!

Thanks for all positive & constructive comments -- they are always appreciated!

Chapter 4: Moving In

A brief clean-up and a change of clothes later, Ben and his lovely companions were back downstairs. Eleni explained the plan: "I have a very high-end catering service on call. All I have to do is say the word, and they'll bring a smattering of fine food for us."

Her call to the service was as quick and easy as her request for the limousine earlier. Equally impressive was how fast the food arrived. As they gathered around the big table in the dining area, a team of caterers laid out everything they could have asked for: fresh entrees, salads, breads. There was even ice cream for dessert.

They thanked the caterers, who bowed respectfully before departing. Then, alone together again in the dining room, the five lovers began to talk and laugh together as they dug into their meal.

"Oh, I'm stuffed," Aimee finally announced with satisfaction. She lounged back against the soft leather cushioning of her chair. "Do the wealthy always eat this well?"

"It's just one of the perks," Eleni confirmed.

"So, Eleni," Ben asked, curious. "If it's not rude to ask, how did you get all your money?"

"I'm an heiress," she replied, straightening a bit in her seat as she announced it with pride in her voice.

"Wait," Shaheen cut in. "Like Paris Hilton?"

Eleni tittered. "Oh, don't compare me to such a brainless slut. I'm a smart, shrewd, sophisticated slut." She offered Shaheen a winning grin. "My late father, Georges Zafira, started up a business empire that spanned from Europe to America. To discuss the nitty-gritty of that would bore you; it was never my thing, anyway. It's all managed by other successors these days, but I live well on my cut.

"Really, I never knew what to do with so much financial wealth once it was mine," she went on. "I had the estate here, with all its amenities, but it seemed so empty most of the time. I did my time as a socialite -- hosting gatherings here for the well-to-do -- but that was hardly fulfilling, either. Everything felt hollow and transactional; no friendship was true, no romance genuine.

"Not until you four came along," she told them, her expression bright. "This new arrangement, whatever you'd call it, is the best change of pace I've ever had. A good deal is the magic; I won't deny that. But perhaps it's also because you're so... normal. In the best way, of course. You conceal nothing. You mean what you say. You're the best company I've ever kept. So, however my incidental wealth can be used to reward you for that, I'll be honored to use it."

"You've certainly done an excellent job using it today," Alicia said appreciatively. "I hope this goes on and on. And gets more and more interesting."

"Me too!" Aimee exclaimed.

"I'd like that," Shaheen agreed with a grin. "And I'd like a few more playmates to spice things up. But I suppose that will happen soon enough."

Eleni laughed lightly before turning to Ben. "I expect it won't be long until you have dozens of lovers vying for your affection. That bracelet is going to facilitate it all, no?"

"I think it will," he replied. "Not that we're going to jump right into dozens. I'm pretty damn satisfied right now with the four of you."

Eleni seemed to like that answer, but it didn't quench her curiosity. "Ah, but we could have more, couldn't we?" she asked. "If you decided to make such a request to your power..."

"Wouldn't you get jealous at a certain point? I mean, the more newcomers join the fold, the less time I'll have to please any one of you."

"Do you see any hints of jealousy yet?" Eleni asked playfully, gesturing at the others gathered around. "None of us have even dreamed of feeling that way. I imagine the magic has more than a little to do with this. Think of it: what could be a luckier result than perfect, stress-free polyamory? Under normal circumstances, such a thing would require unbelievable chemistry between all partners involved."

"And we've got that, don't we?" Alicia added. "I don't care if we're feeling it sooner than we should be. I don't mind if magic is helping it along. It feels too good to deny."

"I like everything your magic does, Ben," Shaheen affirmed. "It gives us pleasure. It gives us a perfect relationship. It lets us focus on all the good stuff without having to worry about any hiccups or wrinkles or snags. And I think it's just getting started."

Ben liked the sound of that. Thinking back over the last two days, he realized it was all true; the magic had made it all so easy. He'd skipped the long trials of courtship and dating; he'd won these lovers with nothing more than intention and desire, and the magic had smoothed over the rest. He hadn't needed to doubt anything since. His women weren't going anywhere.

Now they and the magic both assured him that there could -- and would -- be more.

"Okay," he said confidently. "A dozen lovers, then. Maybe two."

"Fuck yeah," Alicia affirmed, grinning ear to ear.

"We can take it slow if you like, Ben," Eleni said. "One by one... seduction by seduction. I think I'd enjoy watching the look on each new girl's face as you blow her mind in bed for the first time."

"Oh, that's hot, Eleni," Aimee gushed. "Alright, I'm sold. We'll play the long game."

"And we'll see how good it gets," Shaheen tacked on, smirking.

"We've got all the time in the world, after all," Eleni confirmed. She met Ben's eyes and held his gaze. "This can be the whole of your life now. Pleasure. Love. Joy. You don't need to fret about a single responsibility -- not besides making yourself happy. If anything needs to be worked out, we'll work it out. If any necessity arises, I'll see to it personally. We've got all we need here, and there's magic on our side."

"Right," he said, knowing it all to be true. He was glad Eleni had reaffirmed it to him; maybe it was going to take more time for everything to sink in fully, for his last lingering worries of 'too good to be true' to die out -- but his lovers were committed to helping him there, too. "You're amazing, you know," he told Eleni, then looked around at the others. "All of you are."

"We've been told," Alicia coyly replied.

Aimee reached over and touched the bracelet on his wrist. "I guess the one thing we'll have to see now," she said thoughtfully, "is what kind of good luck we'll stumble into next?"

Ben gave a happy-go-lucky shrug. "We can find out tomorrow," he said. "After we all wake up together."

The thought of that brought a smile to everyone's face. Whatever followed, how could they not be content knowing that was in their future?

***

That night, Ben found himself in a dream. He stood on a beach; a dark, quiet stretch of sand. There was the sound of lapping waves and softly blowing wind, but no people. He turned and walked along the shore, gazing out at the horizon. Then he became aware of a throbbing feeling on his wrist. It was his bracelet -- and when he looked down at it, he saw it was glowing.

He held up his arm, and he watched as a bright light spread out from each bead, sparkling in the air all around him. He recognized the feel of his power at work, but here in the dream-world, he could see the energy itself, like a light show all around him.

The energy moved, then settled. Before him, four orbs glowed like stars. Four -- like his lovers. Four bright souls now caught in his orbit like planets around the sun -- sharing in the gift he'd been given. Much Love, Good Fortune.

A voice came to him, filling the air, sounding from every direction at once. It was deep and rich; every word dripped with power. And it was unmistakably female.

"Much lies ahead of you," it told him. "All is yet to be revealed. But you have tasted the power. You have learned its way. Follow the light, my devotee -- follow the way of love and fortune -- and you shall learn the truth."

He spoke back, awestruck yet serene, curious but unafraid. "Who are you?" he asked, but no response came. "What will be revealed?" he tried instead. "What should I do next?"

"Amass more lovers," the voice came back. "Share the gift you've been given with more who deserve it. Expand your influence -- and then you will be ready."

"Ready for what?" he asked, but already he felt the dream shifting around him again. Orbs of light were appearing all around him in every direction -- dozens upon dozens of them. Their radiance streamed all around him, swallowing him, turning everything pure white.

Before it all ended, he heard the voice once more in his mind, echoing strong: "Share the gift. Amass. Expand." And then he was awake in Eleni's bed, with lovers all around him -- but in the moment, before he came all the way back to reality, he could have sworn he sensed a glowing light at the core of each woman, a soul bound to his.

***

"I think my magic is communicating with me."

It was over brunch that Ben delivered this revelation. They'd showered up, dressed in clothes that Eleni provided, and gathered outside under the poolside pavilion for an al-fresco morning meal; now, with everyone gathered together and sitting still, the right time had come to share the news. His four lovers' attention snapped right to him when he did, their curiosity piqued at once.

"When?" asked Shaheen. "Last night?"

"In a dream," he confirmed. "Or, it seemed like a dream. Maybe it was something more. I know I've never dreamed that vividly before."

He told of the beach and the lights and the feelings, and then, when he mentioned hearing a voice, everyone's interest seemed to double on the spot.

"Wait," Alicia cut in. "The magic has a voice? I figured you meant, like, it beamed a concept to your head -- the same way you communicated with it when you wished to meet Eleni."

He shook his head. "There was a voice, for sure. Deep and powerful and beautiful."

"Female, I take it?" Eleni guessed, her eyebrows wiggling playfully.

"Oh, yes," he confirmed. "Definitely female."

"Guess your power's a woman, then," Aimee joked. "No wonder it's so good at pleasing us girls."

"So it spoke to you," Eleni said, then quickly corrected herself: "She spoke to you. Whoever or whatever she is. Did she call you to a quest? Show you your destiny?"

"Don't tell me you're the Chosen One or some shit," Shaheen said in mock exasperation.

"Oh, no, not that," Ben replied with a chuckle. "But those other two? In a certain way, maybe. There's no evil I'll have to vanquish or destiny I'll have to stand up and meet. But that voice did say I'm on a certain path. One that she wanted me to keep following." He recalled the certain words he'd heard in the dream. "The way of love and fortune."

"What's that, then?" Alicia asked, intrigued.

"It's this, I think," said Ben, gesturing around at the splendid outdoor grounds and at his four lovers themselves. "It's what we're all doing right now. Letting the magic guide us. Letting it steer us to pleasure and bliss. We've been building something amazing, after all. A collective of lives revolving around this power, sharing it, becoming better for it. I saw that in the dream, too."

"Aha," Eleni said, recalling his earlier description. "The four lights."

"The magic wants there to be more," Ben continued right away. "That's what following the way means. Pulling more lovers into the fold. Bringing all our love and fortune into more lives -- for everybody's benefit."

"We did say last night that this love-network was due for an expansion," said Shaheen merrily. "I'll call that the ultimate confirmation."

"There's more to it, though," Ben said. "The voice said there's something I have yet to learn. Some greater truth that'll be revealed when I'm ready. When there are enough women in my life, I think. It almost sounded like... well, like there's an energy requirement. Like there's an electric lock holding this big revelation back, and lovers are like the magic batteries that'll charge the mechanism and unlock it. And then... boom! Something great and wonderful and unexpected will happen."

The others took a moment to absorb the information, nodding a little or drumming their fingers as they came to terms with it. After a moment, Aimee broke the silence.

"So it's like a video game, then," she said. "Leveling up your power by adding more partners. And then unlocking a new perk. Something that'll change the whole game."

Shaheen laughed aloud. "Yes!" she exclaimed. "Exactly. Wouldn't you agree, Ben?"

"Yeah," he said, joining in with their laughter. "Only, there's no telling what level we're shooting for, so to speak. I don't recall getting any specific instructions -- not beyond the basics." He paused, thinking about what it all meant. "Maybe this means we need to prioritize this whole expansion plan. More than we already are, that is."

"It does sound like you'll be needing a lot more women," Alicia said.

"As many as it takes," Ben affirmed -- but the minute he said it, a certain regret hit him, and he found himself shaking his head. "I'm not sure I like the idea, though. I don't want to treat it like some recruitment scheme, or like meeting a quota. I like the way we've done it so far -- letting it happen naturally, with the right people at the right time."

"Ben, darling," Eleni replied, her face serious. "This magic, and the abounding love it grants you, will never be about meeting a quota. And using that magic to claim a new lover, or two, or twelve? That's not recruitment; it's fate.

"You're noble to want things to happen naturally," she continued. "I like the way you prioritize genuine feelings over grabbing at power as fast as you can get it. But let's face it -- you're powerful. Genuinely so." The blonde's deep and consoling expression morphed into a wicked smirk. "We think your power is hot," she said. "And you should feel free to think it is, too. Power doesn't always corrupt -- not when it's as good as this power is. Sometimes, taking what you want is the best thing you can do."

Ben let Eleni's words sink in; then he thought back to the last words he'd heard in the dream. [ Share the gift. Amass. Expand. ] His power hadn't told him to sit back and wait; it had encouraged action.

"I'll throw my two cents in, too," Alicia said then. "Ben, if there's one thing I know, it's that your power has a way of making the right thing happen -- whether you're in the driver's seat or just letting chance steer. And it's a damn good matchmaker.

"Think about how we met," she prompted him. "How many other women were in that store? Lots, right? If the magic wanted quantity over quality for you, it probably would've just pulled in every one of those pretty girls and kicked off a never-ending orgy right then and there. It didn't, though, did it? It picked one. The right one." She grinned proudly. "I mean, you can agree with that, can't you?"

Ben smiled. "That, I can," he said.

Eleni picked back up with her point. "So, don't think of this new goal as an ulterior motive. Something that cheapens each new relationship you forge. Think of it like a bonus, perhaps. A natural perk that will come along with what you're really in this for. Falling in love won't get old, Ben. Forging new bonds, blowing new women's minds -- that will be amazing to witness, no matter what. And if that's the way you're going to learn more about your mysterious power? Then, by all means -- do it."

Ben felt a pleasant flow of energy from the bracelet then, a little tingle that ran from his arm all the way through his body. It was a sure sign that his magic agreed -- and it banished the last of his doubt.

"I think that's settled," he told his lovers, watching their expressions grow more excited. "We'll kick off the expansion plan -- in high gear. But first things first..." He sat up a little straighter, remembering something else they'd discussed earlier -- a bit of practical work they all needed to get done before more play could happen. "Today's errand."

"Right," Eleni agreed. She set down her cup of hot tea and stood from her chair. Out came her phone; already she was setting things in motion. "Best to attend to what's past before we start building our future."

***

What she referred to was a simple necessity. Yesterday, Ben and the others had committed to moving into Eleni's estate. That meant everything they wanted to keep from their old residences -- clothes, possessions, personal devices -- had to be moved over.

Eleni sent for several cars with private drivers; with these, Ben and his girlfriends would have transport back to the city, and each vehicle offered more than enough space for hauling back choice cargo. Since the task meant stopping by all four of their individual old residences, they would be splitting up -- Aimee and Alicia would take one car and make two stops, while Ben and Shaheen, who'd lived in the same apartment building, would take the second.

Ben already knew he wasn't going to miss his old place. It was cheap and small and altogether unsexy -- and as he stepped back into the apartment, all that was clearer than ever, now that he'd experienced the comfort and opulence of Eleni's home. He gathered his most important belongings to bring back -- his laptop and a few keepsakes. The rest could be left behind. Between Eleni and the magic, everything else he needed could be provided anew.

Shaheen took much the same approach. She packed light and moved fast, retrieving a few things that mattered and relinquishing all else. With a new life ahead, old baggage could be dumped.

Outside the apartment building, Ben and Shaheen reunited, their small loads in tow. They looked back at their old residence one last time before heading back to the car that awaited them.

"I'm glad this is happening," Shaheen told Ben sincerely as they rode away. "I would've had so many bills that were going to fuck me over in the next few weeks. Not anymore."

"It's fantastic, isn't it?" Ben replied. Then he thought about something. "Are we going to keep these old places? I mean, we won't be living in them anymore, sure, but maybe we can hold onto them -- for storage, or backup, or whatever. In case we find ourselves in the area and one of us needs somewhere to crash -- you know, just in case."

Shaheen gave a slow nod, smiling slightly at the suggestion. "I guess we might as well," she said. "Eleni probably won't mind keeping the rent covered; it'd be breadcrumbs to her. Besides, signing them away would mean having to deal with landlords, and moving out all the other stuff -- more work, right? No thanks! We should focus on fun times."

The two of them shared a laugh as the car drove smoothly through the street. Ben found himself wondering about Aimee and Alicia, and whether the two of them had made the same decision; they hadn't sounded attached to their old homes. He decided to send a text in the group chat they'd established earlier: [ Hey guys! How're things coming along? ]

crrrying
crrrying
134 Followers