Love & Lattes - Songs for a Fox Ep. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So, we have the day off together, should we do anything with it?" He asked curiously while tugging a black t-shirt over his chest, then moved to the mirror to run a comb through his hair to straighten it up. It was getting a little shaggy in the back as he wasn't sure if he was going to let it grow out yet or not at this point.

"Oh, you don't want to just lounge around the house having sex with me all day? That's a surprise..." Ivory spoke playfully while digging around in her closet, she settled on an emerald green blouse and a pair of blue jeans for the day.

"I mean if you're offering!" The fox showed her a grin then looked himself over in the mirror again and cut his eyes back to her. He thought about a wolf he knew and his long red hair. "Do you like long hair on guys, Ivory?"

The cat perked her ears at the question and shrugged. "Depends on the guy... Some look good with it, others look like bums. Why do you ask?" She gave a small smile, she already knew why he brought it up but played along.

"Would you like it if I grew mine out?" He asked pointedly and Ivory moved over to him from behind.

"Hmm... It would give me more to grab hold off when I was roughing you up!" She grinned and slid her padded-fingers through his brownish-red locks, grabbing a fistful along with his ears before raising up on her tiptoes and kissing his cheek. "I think you should do what you want my fox... I like you, period."

He grunted at the pull and grip, his scalp stinging, she wasn't being gentle as she tugged but then huffed out cheerfully at the kiss and her words before she withdrew her paws. "Alright, maybe I'll try and see how it looks."

She grinned at him and slipped back into the bedroom to finish getting dressed. "So, anything you wanted to do?" She called out while slipping on some comfortable sneakers.

"Good question... You want to go for a drive?" He asked her while looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror, combing his hair again to fix it after she mussed it up.

She thought about how confident he looked behind the wheel, her heart beating harder as she let out a soft huff before responding definitively, "Yes, yes I do."

"Great!" Joseph hummed out before walking from the bathroom with a grin, "Hey, would you like to try driving?"

Ivory blinked at the question. "Uh..." She thought about it, the car did look fun to drive and she hadn't driven in a while but she shook her head. "I can't."

"You don't know how to drive?" The fox asked skeptically as he grinned at her.

"Of course I do, you mutt!" The cat snapped back with a huff, then looked to the side and rubbed the back of her head, "Just not manual..."

He rolled his eyes and smiled, "Want to learn?"

She blushed at the question and flicked her ears up, "L-learn? You want to teach me?"

"Well, only if you want to. I could take us out on some rural roads and let you practice, once you get used to the clutch and shifting at the proper speed it's not so hard."

Ivory imagined him teaching her how to drive and felt her cheeks heat up in embarrassment, however, the idea sounded fun and she felt it would be a good chance to bond with him outside of him fucking her brains out. "S-sure... just don't get frustrated with me?"

"I won't, I promise!" He grinned playfully and wagged his tail.

—♥—

A few hours later and after several failed attempts with the car dying from improper clutch handling, Ivory was finally starting to get the hang of things. They were driving down a small two-lane road in the wooded areas that didn't see much traffic other than maybe log trucks.

"Good now you're up to speed, move it to the next gear." The fox spoke the instructions and the cat clumsily shifted the car, it jerked slightly but moved to the next gear and she was able to accelerate a bit faster. "Good, that was better!"

Ivory found her ears perking and her tail flicking, pleased with herself and enjoying her dog praising her efforts. She brought the car to a comfortable speed and held it there. It was no surprise he enjoyed driving it, he had tuned it for speed of acceleration, it took a lot of getting used to for her.

"I think you've got the basic grasp of things, you just need to drive and get used to it as you go." Joseph nodded to himself as he spoke and huffed proudly.

"Thanks, you mind if I pass it back off to you in a few?" She spoke out while focusing on the road ahead of her.

"Sure thing, you've been at it for a few hours, probably could use a break," He cheerfully hummed then relaxed and admired her in the seat of the car, he couldn't help but huff, the sight of her behind the wheel looked great.

Ivory pulled to the side of the road in a small gravel lot used by the log trucks to turn around. She put the car in park and leaned into the seat sighing in relief to be done. She laid her head back against the headrest and closed her eyes, letting her focus relax.

Joseph just stared at her with a loving smile. After a few moments of silence, Ivory opened her blue eyes and cut them over towards him, and huffed, "What?"

"Nothing... just admiring my beautiful girlfriend..." He growled the words playfully.

"I thought we weren't putting titles on it yet?" Ivory gave him a grin before shifting to look at him full on.

"Well, I mean I've already started dropping the L-word, might as well go all in, yeah?" He shrugged and perked his right ear up. "Are you telling me not to call you that?"

She closed her eyes thinking about her dream, thinking about him, and all the people that had hurt her. No one ever wanted to call her that. They wanted to fuck and run, they wanted a friend with benefits. "No... it's okay." She opened her eyes and looked into his own for a long series of moments before giving the fox a gentle smile. "I don't mind, my... boyfriend."

The fox grinned proudly at her words. "Y-you don't have to force it..."

"Hush! I'm not forcing anything!" Ivory snapped back with a blush burning under her cheek fur.

Joseph gave her a hungry grin, his ears flicking down as he growled at her and slid a paw over her knee, "So you wanna..." His ears flicked up as he heard a rumble from the cat's stomach and gave her a crooked grin. "... get some food?"

Ivory grinned and glanced away awkwardly, "Y-yeah... I'm actually pretty hungry if that's okay."

"Ha... guess car sex will have to wait, huh?" He barked the words playfully, opening the door to climb out so he could swap with her.

"W-well I guess we could wait to eat!" Ivory purred the words excitedly as she climbed from the front seat and pushed herself up to her foxes chest, flicking her tail while leaning in to kiss him.

Joseph growled against her muzzle and she felt his handpaw reach back to grab her rear and pull her against him. He parted from them after kissing her a little longer and gave a grin. "Now now... my girlfriend is hungry, I need to skip the sex and get her food, yeah?" He hummed the words playfully and pulled from her arms to slide down into the driver's seat.

"Like hell you do!" Ivory snapped the words and climbed right back into the car on his lap, pushing her crotch to his own before leaning in and shoving her mouth to his. Her tongue pressing against his own while they kissed.

She felt Joseph's handpaws move up to rub at her breasts through her blouse and broke the kiss with a sigh of pleasure. "Ngh... good boy... touch me..." Ivory hissed the words feeling him squeeze at her eagerly.

"Ha... you're okay going out to eat smelling like sex?" He snarled the words and moved in, kissing at her throat. The cat grinned and tilted her head to the side letting him kiss at her and lap with his tongue.

"Sounds good to me... cover me with your scent of lust and love... mark me so everyone knows I belong to you..." Ivory purred the words, her padded-fingertips sliding through his hair and rubbing his large flicking ears.

The two of them eagerly got right to it on the secluded little road, happy to please each other and lay their claim upon the other's body.

—♥—

"And then Crystal was all like... so how big is he, I've always been curious!" Ivory laughed the words out with a grin while cutting into her chicken fried steak before shoving a bite of the gravy-covered meat into her mouth and shuddering in pleasure at the flavor.

They had found a little country restaurant in a small town after another hour of driving the rural roads and stopped to finally eat.

The fox blushed under his fur and almost dropped his fork into his mashed potatoes before choking back a bark, "Y-you didn't tell her did you?!"

Ivory chomped on the bite of food before gulping it down and sighing happily, she hadn't realized how hungry she had been. Real butcher practice wasn't even thought of in this day and age what with everything lab-grown or soy-based, but there was still nothing like a good chicken fried steak, it was one of her favorite comfort meals. She looked over at her fox and flicked her tail while grinning. "Girls gossip, Joseph... Karen did it with me too with Isaac~"

The fox grunted and looked away as he fumbled with his water glass and took a sip. Ivory chomped down another piece of steak eagerly before huffing after she swallowed, "Damn right I bragged about my dog..."

"Y-yeah but I gotta work with her too you know! I wondered why she was giving me such odd looks last shift." He stabbed his fork into some potatoes and snapped them down with a huff through his nose.

Ivory grinned at that and purred, "Ohhh... maybe it's not too late, Joe. She's an older cat than me by a few years too, probably much more mature and stable!"

He grumbled and gave her a flat look, "Don't be dumb. You know I only want you, Ivory." He growled before chomping down on a bite of steak.

The cat purred again and gave the dog a happy smile. "Hmm... that makes me happy... say it again."

Joseph smiled and dropped his fork and knife and snatched up the cat's handpaws holding them gently. "I only want you, Ivory, you're my cat and I'm your dog, and I love you..."

Ivory felt her face heat up and looked away, huffing hotly, feeling her body already starting to get turned on by his words and demeanor. "Damn... mushy fox..." She gently pulled her padded-fingers from his grip and then quickly snatched her utensils back up.

Joseph huffed happily while watching her start to eat again a little more timidly, occasionally looking up at him, "Sorry... I didn't mean to embarrass you..."

Ivory shook her head and smiled, both of them perked their ears as the waitress came by to check on them and top off their water, she looked like a coyote of some sort just like the cook in the back, potentially the two owners of the place.

They both thanked her for the water and got a snort in reply before moving off to another table. Ivory grinned and spoke to Joseph playfully. "I don't think they take kindly to mixed couples 'round these parts'" She huffed the words with a badly attempted southern drawl.

"I'm sure us coming in here smelling like sex and heat didn't help matters." He spoke the words with a grin then went back to eating.

A few moments of silence passed as they ate and then Joseph broke it again by speaking, "You know my graduation ceremony is in two weeks."

Ivory nodded at the words while sipping her water, "Yeah I recall you telling me."

"Did you want to come?" He asked the words point-blank and Ivory thought about it for a long moment.

"Hmm... wouldn't that be awkward? Your family will be there, do you really want them meeting your older girlfriend?" Ivory smiled as she spoke but her eyes said she was concerned about the prospect of meeting his family.

The fox gave a shrug as he snapped down some more food and then took a drink before continuing, "The only one that would be there would be my mother, and she can't get out of work for it."

"So, I would be the only one there for you?" She asked the words curiously, tilting her head slightly.

"Hmm... truth be told if you weren't interested I was just going to skip it and pick the diploma up from the office the morning after." He spoke the words while finishing up his potatoes.

Ivory's ears perked up at that and she shook her head, "You really should experience your own graduation, Joseph. It's a once in a lifetime thing."

He gave her a smile and shook his head, "It's not really a big deal to me, I was just happy to be done with it."

"Well, I'm happy to go and support my fox, if you want me to go I will." She blushed the words as she spoke them and gave him a grin.

His ears perked and his tail wagged at the confirmation, "You sure?" She nodded and he huffed proudly, "Thank you... I want to experience all my big moments with you at my side, Ivory."

"Damn... you don't hold back on the mush, do you fox?" She felt her cheeks furiously burn under her fur and her heart thump heavily at the thought of it. "It makes me happy to hear that though."

The two finished their meal and Joseph left a decent tip for the waitress despite the obvious irritability at the two of them. They walked out of the restaurant arm in arm moving towards his car.

"So, you want to drive home for the practice?" He asked her gently while she clung to him.

"I do noooooot!" The cat purred the words happily, "I'm too full and lazy for that right now!"

He grinned and moved to open the passenger's door for her to let her slide in. Ivory gave him a grin and a quick kiss on the lips before hopping into the seat. Joseph moved over to the driver's side of the car and slipped into the cabin. The car roared to life and he snapped his seatbelt into place.

—♥—

It was over an hour's drive back to the city and the sun had beat them down. Sometime during the trip Ivory had slumped over onto his shoulder and fallen asleep leaning into him. Joseph held her against him with one arm, the other on the wheel.

Joseph stared out the windshield while driving, watching the interstate light poles slowly grow more frequent until he was back in the city. His ears flicked as he responded to traffic and navigated through the streets back to her place. He pulled into the parking space and awkwardly shifted the car into park with his left paw, trying not to disturb her while she rested.

He killed the engine but left the car on so music kept filling the cabin as he sat there with Ivory, his fingertips coursing through her curly blonde locks, her brown and white ears flicking from time to time at his touch while she dozed gently upon him.

Time passed, several minutes, maybe half an hour. Eventually, she stirred and pulled from his grip with a wide yawn, stretching her back and blinking her blue eyes open before smiling at the fox. "Hey... sorry, I nodded off I guess. Hope you didn't sit here waiting for me to wake up."

He smiled and shook his head, "It's okay, we just got here." He climbed from the cabin and opened her door, helping her out. They walked together to her apartment arm in arm like they had been doing most of the day when they weren't in the car. The sun had set and it was getting into the early evening hours now.

"It's been a busy day, would you like some tea and we could chill out on the sofa a little before bed?" She spoke the words as she filled her teapot up, her heart thumping heavily as she spoke of bed, talking to him like he was living with her and it was a normal thing.

The fox gave a wide yawn and nodded, moving over to her and moving up behind her, softly kissing the side of her muzzle while she grinned at him. "That sounds great, love."

Ivory hummed happily, feeling his paws on her hips, squeezing them gently. It wasn't a sexual touch, he was just holding her and touching her for the sake of it. "Want to go turn the stereo on while I finish the tea, my fox?" She purred the words softly.

"Sure." Joseph moved over to the stereo system with the large speakers and turned it on. A blue light flicked on and off several times before staying on as it paired up it's signal with Ivory's phone. A few moments later soft instrumental jazz began to play from it.

He looked back in the kitchen to see the cat grinning at him as she slid her phone back into her jeans. "Sorry Joe, I'm not chilling with you while listening to ska." She huffed the words playfully at him while flicking his tail.

"Ha... that's fine... this is nice too." He slipped his boots off not wanting to track up her carpet too much then returned to the kitchen to keep her company while she prepared tea.

The tea was brewed and Ivory changed into her nightwear, Joseph didn't have anything so opted for just a baggy t-shirt he packed and some comfy workout shorts. The two of them settled onto the sofa together drinking tea and relaxing. The TV was off and the lights were dim, it was a relaxing way to wind the day down, the room filled with soft low playing music and one another's company..

Sometime after the casual chatter and finishing his tea, the fox had ended up laying across the sofa, his head resting in Ivory's soft lap while he dozed in slumber. The cat hummed gently to him while coursing her fingers through his soft hair and brushed along his large reddish-brown ears.

He slept soundly and comfortably there, his ears flicking every so often. While sleeping, he could hear his cat's soft purring hums while she stroked his head. Dreams came to him gently, thoughts of her and him, thoughts of his mother and father. He dreamed of Karen and the wolf she had chosen over him. Lots of things in a cocktail of mussed unfocused events.

"Sleep my little puppy, sleep, and dream..." He felt pulled back into reality, an ear flicking at the sound in the room. She wasn't humming now, she was singing. She was singing to him in a soft sad voice that sounded like a lullaby. His heart sped up in his chest at the beautiful sounds his lover was making for him.

"Rest in my arms, my darling..." Her singing was haunting, it made him think of a time when he was little and his mother sang to him. A time when his father was still alive, when life was simple, an innocent little puppy whose whole world was bright and seemed full of happiness. He felt his heartache and burning through his closed eyes. She sang like an angel, beautiful but heart-wrenchingly sad.

The words stopped as the humming returned, soft, sad, gentle, and loving. Her paw was ever-present on his ears and hair, petting him gently. He composed himself for several moments, he didn't want to speak and sound like he was ready to cry at her beautiful voice, he didn't want her to see tears when he opened his eyes, and think she had done something wrong.

"You... sing like an angel," The fox spoke the words without opening his eyes, feeling her move to rub at his ear gently.

"You think so? I always wanted to be a singer when I was little..." She hummed the words, he could hear her voice was still in a singing mode, they came out in a sad lyrical flow as if she were beginning another song.

"You could be... your voice is stunning." He huffed the words, enjoying her scent all around him and feeling her paws touching him.

"You're just saying that because you bang me, silly doggy..." The cat purred the words gently.

"I'm not... it's beautiful, I really think you could." He blinked his eyes open and she could see the tears that had formed in them.

"Sorry if I woke you, Joseph." She purred the words, sliding her fingertips over his cheeks wiping the tears away.

He grunted at her wiping his face and looked away, "It was a nice way to wake up... how long was I out?"

She hummed a few more bars while stroking his face before answering, "Around an hour I would guess."

"A-and you've sat here holding me, singing to me the whole time?" He blushed under his cheek fur as he asked the question.