Love and Lust Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks," sighed Brooklyn, smiling and then turning and walking away.

As soon as Brooklyn was out of earshot, Aimee turned to her sister. She had purposefully waited until the other three girls had left so that she could talk to her sister about last night. "Jennifer," Aimee said slowly, "What in all the bloody depths of hell was that?"

Jennifer sighed and leaned against her car. It was a pleasant day despite a light, misty rain. "I would gladly make her your sister-in-law if she'd say yes," Jennifer said in a dreamy tone.

Aimee spluttered, "Are you mental?"

Jennifer shook her head, "Oh no, I'd do it in a heartbeat. But I'm going to have to be patient if I'm going to win her heart, yeah."

"Jennifer," Aimee said, her voice still high and incredulous. "Brooke's barely 18. She's never been with a bloke, but I know she's not gay - or at least I didn't think she was. I've known her since we were eight."

"I know," replied Jennifer, her tone almost one of resignation. "I've always thought she was cute, but seeing her last night made me realize that she's all grown up now. That girl's like a drug to me."

"I don't even know what to say to that," said Aimee, not caring that the rain was picking up. "Listen Jen," Aimee began again, "I love you. You know that. But I love Brooklyn too. I just don't want to see either of you hurt. If you were to date, and it didn't work out, it could cause a lot of bad feelings and I don't want to lose either of you."

Jennifer smiled and hugged her sister, "I love you to firefly. It's so hard to find someone you really like, but if you tell me to stay away from Brooke. I will." the older sister nodded but the look on her face nearly broke Aimee.

Aimee sighed heavily, and after a long moment said, "It's not my place... it wouldn't be right for me to say that. And I want you to be happy, too. I just worry, that's all."

Jennifer's smile grew and she bumped her sister's shoulder, "You could always put in a good word for me, you know, with Brooke," she said teasingly. Then, in a more serious tone, "I promise I won't hurt her."

Brooklyn changed into a warm jumper and jogger pants, and sat on the edge of her bed. Her head felt better - at least from all the alcohol she'd consumed last night - but she still felt confused and unsure. She picked up the bra that she'd worn last night and held it to her nose. It smelled of Jennifer's perfume, but also of the woman's skin. It was pleasant, she thought and inhaled again through her nose.

Suddenly the door burst open and Britney and Madison rushed into the room, "Girl!" blurted Britney first, "You are scandalous. I can't believe you danced all night with Aimee's sister!" Both girls were smiling, and didn't seem to be taking the piss, but Brooklyn still found herself reddening in embarrassment.

"And then slept together," Added Madison, wagging her brow. Brooklyn didn't think it was possible, but she was sure she'd just turned a deeper shade of red.

"Nothing happened," Brooklyn said, willing with everything she had to make her red cheeks return to normal.

"Oh we know," Madison said, sitting next to her on the bed. "You know we're just taking the mickey."

"So will you go out with her?" Britney asked, sitting on Aimee's bed nearby.

Before Brooklyn could think of a response, Madison interjected, "You totally should. You could be the gay, fun one in our group. We've been trying to find a token gay friend for diversity purposes, but you being gay would be perfect. We wouldn't need to add anyone to the group."

Brooklyn couldn't help but laugh, feeling the tension ease slightly. Running her fingers through her hair, she replied, "Last night was kind of fun, but sorry Madison, I'm not gay - I blame too much alcohol."

Madison shrugged, "Oh well, I guess we'll keep taking applications."

"Are you going to go out with Jennifer?" Britney asked to Brooklyn's confusion.

"Uh, no. I just said I wasn't gay, so that more-or-less keeps me from going out with her," Brooklyn answered.

Britney looked equally confused, "What does that matter? She's just looking to take you on a date. That doesn't necessarily mean she's looking for a steady girlfriend. Jennifer's brilliant. I think she's just looking for a friend."

"Oh," said Brooklyn softly, "I hadn't looked at it like that, but I'm still not sure it's a good idea."

"Hey," Aimee called from the door. "I need to talk to Miss Ryan - you two get," she said in her faux school mistress voice.

Madison and Britney both giggled but stood and moved towards the door. As they were leaving, Madison turned and said, "We'll go try to find another gay friend then."

As soon as they were out the door, Aimee closed the door. Brooklyn looked to her friend as she stood by the door. It was obvious they were sisters as they shared some of the same facial features, only Aimee's hair was more of a strawberry blonde compared to her older sisters brilliant red.

"How are you?" Aimee asked earnestly.

"I'm fine," Brooklyn responded a little too quickly.

"Brooke, it's me. How are you?" Aimee asked again, sitting next to her oldest friend.

Brooklyn's posture slumped as she sighed, "I'm confused." she admitted candidly. When she saw that Aimee wasn't going to speak, she continue, "I had a good time last night with Jen. A surprisingly good time."

"Do you feel something for her?"

Brooklyn shrugged, "I don't know..."

"Brooke, listen," Aimee said, taking her friend's hands into her own. Only it felt differently when Aimee did it. She didn't feel the electricity when Aimee took her hands. "I talked to Jennifer before she left. There really is no pressure if you want to say no. Don't do it because you feel you have to. We will always love you, yeah. You'll always be part of our family."

Brooklyn wiped a threatening tear before it could escape down her cheek, "Thanks Aimee."

-*-

Two days passed and life at school had returned to normal. Brooklyn had thought about Jennifer's open invitation a thousand times, and had decided not to accept the invitation. She arrived as usual at Abby Hall to work on prep and found the usual fore-some already seated at the table, books and papers spread from one side to the other.

Taniel, who she hadn't seen since that Saturday night, was there wearing the largest smile she'd ever seen.

"I heard about you, Brooke," Taniel teased. "I had no idea you were so freaky."

"No teasing my roommate," Aimee said without looking up from her book.

Taniel giggled quietly but pulled out the chair next to her for Brooklyn.

"So are you going to go out with her?" Britney asked quietly, trying not to attract the attention of the Prep Assistant.

Brooklyn shook her head, "No, I can't go out with another girl. I'm not gay."

"Not to put a label on it, but are you sure?" Madison asked.

Brooklyn's eyes widened, "What, why would you say that?"

Madison shrugged, "It's just that we've never seen you have so much fun or look so happy. I don't know, maybe you are. I mean it's fine with us if you are - like I said, then I can stop taking applications for the position." That made the other's laugh and earned them a glare from the older Assistant sitting at the desk in the front of the large room.

"I agree," Britney added quietly. "It was good to see you smiling."

Brooklyn sat for a long moment, thinking about what she'd just heard. The group fell quiet for a quarter hour until Brooklyn left the table to find a resource book. As soon as she left, Aimee set her book down and stared at the other three.

"What's gotten into you three?" she demanded.

"What do you mean," asked Taniel innocently.

"All three of you are pushing awfully hard for Brooke to go out with my sister, and you normally barely speak to her. Why?"

Britney sighed, "Jennifer called us and asked us to help talk Brooke into going out with her."

Aimee's eyes widened, "That twat!" she said a little too loudly. "I can't believe she'd--,"

"--It's not like that," Britney interrupted quickly. "She genuinely likes Brooklyn. I don't think she's got anything bad in mind." The other girls quickly agreed. All nodding their agreement.

"Plus, if they're dating, Jennifer might get us into the club again," Madison admitted, smiling devilishly at the others before saying. "I'm just winding you up - don't be so sensitive."

"Why am I friends with you three," Aimee said in frustration.

"Because you love us," said Britney, smiling and blinking her lashes as she spoke. "Now be quiet while we play matchmaker."

Aimee was about to respond but Brooklyn was too close to the table and so she bit off what she was going to say.

"So as we were saying," Madison spoke first, "We all think you should go out with Jennifer - just once. I think if you went with an open mind, you'd have a good time again, and at least then you'd know."

Brooklyn shrugged and then opened the book in front of her, "Maybe," she confessed, flipping through a few pages as Britney and Taniel nodded their encouragement.

Later than night, Brooklyn was laying in bed, her head a whirl of thoughts. The feelings of being with Jennifer were so strong that no matter what she did, she couldn't expunge them from her mind. She found herself entertaining thoughts of being with the older girl and wondering what kissing here might be like.

"Aimee," Brooklyn called out into the darkness of their room.

"Hmm," Aimee sounded, already falling to sleep.

"Can I... could I borrow your phone to text - to text Jennifer?"

Aimee sat up quickly, a wary look on her face, "Are you sure?" she asked cautiously.

Brooklyn, shrugged and sort of nodded, "I think so, yeah. Or do you think I shouldn't, would it be weird between us?"

"No, not even a little, Brooke," Aimee said, swinging her legs over the bed and stepping towards the desk where her phone was charging. "Like I said before. I love you both." Aimee handed Brooklyn her phone. "Just promise me that not matter what happens, you and me will always be friends."

A wide smile broke onto Brooklyn's features, "That's an easy promise," she said and then unlocked her roommates phone. Having never had her own phone, she had used Aimee's phone for years now. "We will be. Because I love you too."

With butterflys in her stomach, Brooklyn found Jennifer's contact and brought up the text message menu.

(Jen - Still want to go out? *Brooklyn*)

immediately the three ellipses appeared in the lower screen.

(Yes yes yes yes yes - 6 PM Fri good?)

(Yes)

(You made me so happy!!!) read Jennifer's last text, followed by several lines of happy emojis.

"I guess it's a date," Brooklyn breathed out, handing the phone back to her roommate.

Friday after school came and Brooklyn stood in front of the mirror in her room, trying to decide whether or not to apply make up and thinking about what she was supposed to wear. She didn't have a large selection of personal clothes. The outfit she'd bought for the club last weekend had taken all of her savings, and she knew it wasn't good form to wear it again so soon.

Her friends had all brought clothes for her to try, but only a few things came close enough to fitting and looked decent. "What does someone wear on a date with a girl," she murmured loud enough for the others to hear.

"Don't overthink it," Aimee admonished, "It's just Jennifer. You'll be fine."

"Just wear something slutty underneath for later tonight," giggled Taniel, making even Aimee smile at Brooklyn's embarrassment.

"We'll all keep our fingers crossed. Maybe you'll get lucky and you'll spend the weekend together," Madison said, wearing her usual conspiratorial smile.

Brooklyn stood and dressed, wearing a simple and conservative skirt and blouse. Taking her coat, she left her housemates and their teasing and made her way to the school entrance. This really was crazy, she thought as she approached the entrance. How could she go on a date with another girl, especially one so much older than she was? Her friends all seemed to be accepting enough, but what about others? Thoughts of turning back flooded her mind and at one point she stood by the rock wall near the administration building and seriously thought about canceling everything and going back to her room. She'd only been with out with a guy a couple of times... she'd never even been kissed, and here she was going on a date with a woman.

But thoughts of being with Jennifer wouldn't leave her mind. The dancing had been brilliant and had been the most fun she'd had in a long time. What would it hurt to go out one more time? It didn't mean she was going to be a lesbian. They could just be good friends, right?

With her heart in her throat, Brooklyn passed through the entrance gate and found Jennifer waiting there for her. She was standing next to her car and had a warm smile on her face. She gave Brooklyn a small wave that made her heart flutter.

"I'm so happy you decided to go out with me," Jennifer said, given Brooklyn a quick hug and then gesturing towards the car. I thought we'd go grab some sushi and maybe head to the town hall to catch some of the music festival."

"That'd be brilliant," Brooklyn replied, wondering if Jennifer had asked Aimee for a list of things she might like because sushi and music would have been on top of the list.

They arrived at the restaurant and were seated at a small table. So far, their conversation had been forced and awkward, and Brooklyn was feeling like it was going to be a long an horrible night.

"Hey," Jennifer said, reaching across the table to give Brooklyn's hand a squeeze. "I'm only hoping to get to know you better. I don't have an agenda, or hopes for anything more. I know this is a little weird for you, but it doesn't need to be." Jennifer's voice was soft and genuine, and had an immediately calming effect on the younger girl. "Did Aimee tell you Travis is engaged?" she asked, referring to her brother that was a couple of years younger than Jennifer.

"No," Brooklyn replied in surprise. "When did this happen?" truly wanting to know. She felt as if Aimee's family was her own, and she'd known and liked Travis a lot. He was a lovable goofball and was easy to like.

"About a week ago," Jennifer smiled as she spoke, "but the wedding's not until next year. I think they just wanted to live together but of course mum and dad would have gone spare if they weren't at least engaged. But they're good for each other. Teresa's loads of fun, and pretty cute, too."

With the ice broken, the rest of the evening went brilliantly. The food was excellent, and even the music wasn't terrible despite being mostly local bands. She let Jennifer take her hand, but other than that, Jennifer made no further advances, and at the end of the evening she only gave her a warm hug and kiss on the cheek.

"I had fun," Jennifer said, standing close and taking the front of Brooklyn's coat into her hand. The younger girl was afraid she might try to kiss her, and there were a number of other students nearby that were watching. "Would it be too much to ask you out again."

Brooklyn looked down, breaking their brief eye contact, "I had fun, too," she admitted. "But I'm not sure what to think of all this."

Jennifer released her coat and touched her shoulder, "I know. And as always, no pressure on my part," she said, instantly making Brooklyn feel better, "Thanks for going out with me tonight, though... How about this?" she began to propose. "It's an open invitation like last week. If you're feeling unsure about it, then I'll understand. But if you're open to going out again, just send me a text - and here, I got you this." With that, Jennifer removed an iPhone from her purse and placed it in Brooklyn's hand.

Brooklyn's eyes widened, "I can't take this," she protested. "It's too much."

Jennifer shook her head, "No one can get along these days without their own phone, and mom and dad were talking about getting you one anyway. It's my old phone - I splurged last week and upgraded, so it didn't cost me any extra. It's fine, please take it."

"I can't believe your mom and dad were thinking to get me one," Brooklyn said, admiring the phone. "I'm not even part of the family."

"Brooke," Jennifer said, she tone sharp but not unkind. "you are too part of the family. It doesn't matter if we're dating or not. Mom and dad think of you as one of their own."

Brooklyn's heart swelled at the thought, but her throat felt too constricted speak, so she simply nodded.

"As for the phone," Jennifer continued, "I'm on an unlimited data plan, and I just added you to it. I'm locked into a contract for a couple of years anyway, so use it. I'm not taking it back." Brooklyn opened her mouth to protest but stopped when she saw Jennifer's finger pointed at her, "I'm not taking it back," she repeated.

Feeling defeated, Brooklyn could only nod and whisper a thick, 'thank you.'

Nearly a month passed with Brooklyn deciding mid week each week to go out on yet another date with Jennifer. She was growing closer to her friend's sister, getting to know her likes and dislikes, her history with dating other women and how she discovered that she was gay. But their relationship was more-or-less just friendship. Jennifer would hold her hand, and occasionally hug her, but that's as far as it went, which Brooklyn appreciated.

Class was let out early one day to allow the students to enjoy the weather of an unusually warm day. Brooklyn and Aimee decided to take advantage and carried a large blanket and some food and drinks they'd nicked from the dining hall to a grassy hill behind the school. It didn't take long for their usual friends, as well as several other members of their house to join them.

Britney, Madison, and Taniel were there, but mixed into their numbers were Heather, Julie, and Diane. Being one of the more popular girls, Britney enjoyed being the center of attention and happily kept conversations going. Brooklyn was happy to sit and let the other girls talk.

Brooklyn was happily daydreaming when she heard her name. Sitting up, she felt a flash of embarrassment as all the girls were looking at her. Looking around, she noticed Aimee had stepped away and was talking to a professor that was chatting with another group. Damn, she was left alone with the rest of her house.

"I was just asking how things were going with Jennifer," Britney said, an unreadable smile on her beautiful features.

"Uh, well... fine, I guess," she sputtered, not sure how or even if she should answer the question,

"Jennifer," said heather, "Jennifer in St Clare House?"

Britney shook her head, "Jennifer is Aimee's older sister. She's Brooklyn's girlfriend."

"Britney," Brooklyn said in warning, hoping the girl would stop.

"I didn't know you were gay, Brooklyn," said Diane, sounding truly curious more than anything.

"I'm n--,"

"--They've been dating for over a month," interjected Taniel before Brooklyn could object. "Haven't you?"

"Well yes," Brooklyn admitted, "But we're--,"

"--You two make a beautiful couple," Madison added, sharing a look and a smile with Britney. "You're really lucky, Brooke. Jennifer is gorgeous."

"Aren't you going to London with her Friday?" Taniel asked, joining into the fray and then looking toward Heather and Diane, "It's even an overnight trip," she added, giving everyone a knowing look.

Suddenly louder voices could be heard near the school and the students looked toward a small group of professors coming towards them. Brooklyn's eyes were drawn to the Headmistress who was leading the way. Even though they couldn't hear what was being announced, it was obvious that they were supposed to gather close to hear something.

The Headmistress, a stern woman with black hair that was pulled up into a tight bun, waited until everyone had gathered around and was quiet before she spoke, "I'm afraid I have just learned some rather distressing news," she started, pausing for a moment to look around at the gathered young women. "Due to the continued outbreak of COVID-19, the school administrators have decided that the safest course of action will be to close the school and allow students to return home. We will be making the necessary preparations over the next week in order to conduct classes online should the need require. Therefore, in-person classes are suspended until further notice. Please return to your houses and begin to pack your things..."