Love Around the World 15: Oviedo

Story Info
Cousins on holiday finally admit their feelings.
13.6k words
4.82
5.6k
18

Part 15 of the 26 part series

Updated 01/30/2024
Created 11/24/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,217 Followers

A/N - I visited Oviedo once during a European trip I took a few years back. An interesting little city, I only stopped there as it was a good place to break up the journey from Bilbao in the Basque region of the country to the Galician region of north-western Spain. There was enough to see in Oviedo to fill up a day of sightseeing, and if you are after a drink, you just have to try a sidra (cider). How the drink is poured is an event in itself.

I'll admit that deciding on the category for this story was difficult. I'd just written a 'Romance' for Nepal and simply couldn't get anything started regarding that category. I already have ideas for 'Mature' for later stories and didn't want to write another one. Same with 'Transgender' in that I have plenty of ideas for the future. Didn't want to write anything same-sex for this collection of stories. In the end, I figured my stories in this category are usually popular enough and an idea quickly formed in my head about how it might work.

Any sex scenes involved characters that are 18+.

Previous stories in this series:

Love Around the World - Andorra (Mature)

Love Around the World - Bangkok, Thailand (Interracial)

Love Around the World - Colombia (Transgender)

Love Around the World - Dresden, Germany (Romance)

Love Around the World - Estonia (Group Sex)

Love Around the World - France (Anal)

Love Around the World - Guangzhou, China (Interracial)

Love Around the World - Hungary (Incest)

Love Around the World - India (Interracial)

Love Around the World - Japan (Mature)

Love Around the World - København, Denmark (Transgender)

Love Around the World - London, England (Transgender)

Love Around the World - Montenegro (Mature)

Love Around the World - Nepal (Romance)

Australian / British standard English. There is a good chance of reading the following: lots of profanity, characters drinking, typos, and bad grammar at times.

Proofreading and editing suggestions provided by OhDave1. Any mistakes are still mine.

Comments are appreciated as always.

Feedback by email is always welcome. Enjoy chatting with anyone who likes my work.

*****

Cousins on holiday finally admit their feelings for each other.

*****

Amy was my cousin. She was also my best friend. And she was also the woman I'd been in love with for as long as I could remember. My mother had a sister, my father was an only child. I was the first born of the new generation though Amy was born only a couple of months after I was. For as long as I can remember, we were two peas in a pod.

My mother and her mother seemed to go out of their way to ensure we were almost as close as siblings. My aunt lived only a couple of streets away, so we went to the same daycare before we were at the same schools, both primary and then high school.

When we were youngsters, we had a sleepover nearly every weekend. Yes, she was a girl, and I was a boy, but while she did have the typical girly interests, it's fair to say she was a bit of a tomboy. Not from how she looked considering her gorgeous brunette hair and sparkling blue eyes, always looking a little bigger behind the frames of her glasses. She refused to wear contacts. When she was younger, her cheeks and nose had faint freckles that faded as she got older.

Things only changed when we hit puberty and our bodies started to change. Sleepovers might have continued but not in the same sort of atmosphere. Sleeping together as little kids is perfectly innocent, our parents ensuring we were tuckered out by around 8pm so we'd just go straight to sleep. Once you hit a certain age, with hormones no doubt raging, cousins or not, things might get out of hand, so Amy might sleep over, but she was confined to a spare room for an evening.

Didn't stop her from occasionally sneaking into my bedroom to cuddle with me because we genuinely enjoyed just sleeping in the same bed.

Amy did end up being my first proper kiss. We were hanging out at my place after high school one afternoon like we did nearly every day. I'd go to hers sometimes or she'd come to mine. We were sitting back on the couch, studying for an upcoming test, when she turned to me and asked, "Mark, have you kissed a girl yet?"

"No. Why do you ask?"

"You don't really mention girlfriends or anything. I mean, I know we share some friends..."

"Not like you mention boyfriends."

That made her laugh. "Have you seen the standard of boys at our school? Jeez, I'd rather be a lesbian than date any of them." I immediately had thoughts that made her shove me. "Typical guy. I'm not a lesbian, Mark."

"Modern age and all, Amy. I'd accept you no matter what."

She fell silent for a couple of minutes though didn't miss her chewing her bottom lip. "Mark... I want you to be my first kiss. You're my best friend, my cousin, and I love you to bits."

"I love you too, Amy."

"I know," she said softly, "That's why I want you to be my first kiss. Is that weird or..."

"I wouldn't exactly go telling everyone because some people are bound to not understand our relationship."

Putting everything on the table, we turned to face each other, and we immediately started to giggle, not because it was awkward, but because we knew the theory. Putting it into practice is something else. Leaning into each other, the first meeting of lips just felt right. It took a few goes before we figured out certain things, and when I pulled her closer and the kiss increased in passion, I had a feeling she knew it was right at the same time.

That was our first kiss, and it wasn't our last. We kept the fact we were kissing cousins private from our friends though I had a feeling our family had it figured out rather quickly. Whenever we were together, we couldn't help being affectionate, and making out in my bedroom or hers was always fraught with risk.

We were eventually caught by her mother during our last year in high school. We'd arrived back and were in her bedroom, any idea of studying ended when we laid on her bed and started making out. Completely losing track of time, we only stopped when we heard a cleared throat, the pair of us slowly pulling away from each other, looking at the doorway where her mother was smiling at us.

"Come sit in the living room with me," she stated, "You're not in any trouble."

I loved Auntie Caroline to bits. I loved Amy to bits and had always had the hots for my auntie. Hell, Caroline was a slightly younger version of my mother, and I'll freely admit to having dirty thoughts about my auntie. I had a younger sister, but she was five years younger. Still a kid and I treated her like one.

Sitting next to Amy on the couch, I smiled when she took my hand. We couldn't do things like holding hands at school and were always careful when out and about on a weekend as we simply didn't want to be the subject of gossip.

"Kids," she stated, still calling us that despite we were both seventeen and would be eighteen before Christmas, "Mark, I'll start with you. Your mother isn't oblivious to your feelings for each other. I've never been blind to how you are with Mark, Amy. But I'm going to be honest with you right now. While your mother and I accept the fact you have feelings, your being involved with each other is fraught with difficulties. Very few will understand the fact you want to be together..."

"Mum, we're just kissing," Amy stated.

"We're aware of all the dangers. We've already talked about it. We'll eventually find partners, but for the moment, we're happy to just be with each other like this," I stated.

"I know neither of you has dated anyone else though. The fact you two are so close is preventing you from meeting someone else." She took a deep breath. "Look, neither your mother, Mark, nor me is going to stop you from doing anything together because we know if we were to do that, you'd just do it in secret, and it would cause a schism in the family. We don't want that. We do want you to be careful, and we would prefer you to start dating other people if possible. The drama you'll face by wanting to be together..."

"Okay, Mum," Amy stated with a sigh, "Okay, Mark and I will talk about it."

"I'm trying to treat you like the adults you nearly are by not ordering or demanding you do anything. I'm asking you to both think seriously about the consequences of what could possibly happen in the future."

Getting together a couple of days later, we talked seriously about our relationship. Amy was crying within a matter of minutes as we agreed that perhaps it was better that we cooled things between us. What mattered most was the fact we would always be cousins and best friends. She hated the thought of me dating other girls. I certainly didn't like the thought of her being with another guy. But my mother had sat us both down and echoed the thoughts of Aunt Caroline. Though they left the decision to us, and I honestly don't think they would have stepped in, we also understood their concerns and fears.

For the rest of our last year at high school, we spent the same amount of time together though went out of our way to make sure we always had a few other friends. I'm sure that raised suspicions as to why considering we'd gone out of our way to be alone as often as possible before.

Graduating high school led to three years at university. For the first time, we attended different places, taking on board the advice we'd been given. I know we both left high school as virgins, agreeing that we would not discuss our sex lives with each other. To be honest, all that time spent with Amy had helped my self-confidence so hitting it off with girls I'd never met at university wasn't too troublesome.

I would have preferred Amy as my first, but it wasn't going to happen. I lost my virginity two weeks after starting university. I guess it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that the girl I ended up dating for a year shared numerous similarities to my cousin. The two rarely met so Christine, the girl I was dating, never had a reason to be concerned. The only reason we split up was that she met another guy during the summer break. At least she didn't cheat on me, calling me up and admitting she felt that spark.

Spending the two next years playing the field was better. I didn't have one-night stands and would only sleep with a girl if we were in an exclusive arrangement, but I knew none of the relationships would go anything beyond sharing a bed every so often. By the time I'd graduated, including Christine, I'd only been with five girls.

Amy rarely met any of the girls I was involved with, and I never met any guy she might have been with. As agreed, we never talked about our sex lives, and she never really asked about any of my relationships. She'd ask if I was dating anyone. I'd confirm if I was or not. She'd just move the conversation on after that.

All through the last couple of years at high school and then through university, there was a group of eight friends that discussed doing a backpacking trip of Europe. Amy and I were keen to do it, preferring to do something like that when we were young and before we'd started careers and met partners we might see as a lifelong companion. We'd both started working as soon as legally allowed. Mum and Aunt Caroline were aware of our plans, and as they were happy for us to go travelling, they told us to save every dollar we could so we could enjoy ourselves as long as possible.

Of the eight of us, four of them were only interested in going on a backpacking tour for a few months. The other four of us were interested in getting a visa for the United Kingdom that would allow us to work and reside for two years. That would allow us to make some money and travel extensively. Amy and I applied for a visa once we were certain of our plans, and two of our other friends doing the same.

Sitting down one evening with Amy, a map of Europe on the table and both of us with a pad and pen, we were writing down possible destinations and itineraries of travel. Aiming to leave at the age of twenty-two, might exclude the possibility of hiring a car as many companies wanted someone at least twenty-five. If we could hire a car, being so young would usually mean an extra surcharge.

"We'll just get one of those rail passes," Amy suggested, "That and bus travel. Keep it cheap and easy. Hostels?"

"Definitely hostels most of the time," I replied, "If there's eight of us, we could probably get a whole dorm to ourselves. Private rooms probably won't be worth it."

"Rather just get a room at a hotel if we were to get a private room."

"So we've got the major destinations sorted but is there anywhere you'd like to go that's a bit different?" I asked.

"Actually, there is. I really want to go to Bilbao."

"Bilbao? That's in Spain, right?"

The question made her laugh. "I'm glad you paid attention in geography class, Mark. Yes, north-east Bilbao. Basque country. And the reason I want to go there is the Guggenheim Museum. And the city is meant to be fantastic. It's also a good base to do the Way of St. James pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela."

"How do you know all this?"

"I've spent the past three years looking into anywhere and everywhere in Europe that might interest me." She pulled up a map of Spain, particularly the northern part. "We can enter Bilbao from south-west France. Maybe we could stop in Bordeaux or Biarritz, depending on the weather. After Bilbao, we can catch a train or get a bus across the north, stopping along the way. If we wanted to tick off each province, then we could stop in the capital of Asturias, Oviedo."

"Hey, I've heard of that place. Fernando Alonso was born there!"

That made her laugh. "At least you've heard of the place before. Anyway, we could stop in Oviedo for a couple of nights before continuing west. After Santiago, reckoned we'd head into Portugal before returning to Spain. Madrid then Barcelona before returning to France."

"Nowhere further south?"

"Lots of travelling though if we have the time, I reckon Seville would be great. And maybe Granada to see the Alhambra and all the old Moorish ruins. Remember history class and the Reconquista?"

"Yeah, the Spanish eventually kicked the Muslims out of Spain."

"Well, Granada was the last Moorish or Muslim city in Spain until they were finally beaten in 1492."

"Ah, and that's what led to the Inquisition. Yeah, I remember all that."

"How nobody expected it..." she stated sarcastically, "Anyway, I reckon Spain would be a great place to spend around two or three weeks. I don't think we should go there is the height of summer, particularly if we do end up in the south. It can get unbelievably hot."

Planning everything and saving enough money had us working for over six months after graduating before the eight of us could agree on when we'd depart for Europe. Amy and me, Mike and Cindy, who were also together, would be heading to London in January. Our other friends, Brad, Steve, Rachel and Natalie, all of them single though we knew that might not always be the case, would head over for the European spring and occasionally join us. We knew Mike and Cindy wouldn't spend all their time travelling with us anyway as we agreed that we'd meet up in certain cities to party on, otherwise we'd do our own thing.

Mum couldn't stop crying as she hugged me tightly at the airport. When I moved my hand down to squeeze her bum, I felt her shudder as she kissed my cheek. "Naughty boy," she whispered, "But thank you, baby."

"Considering what you said about cousins," I whispered into her ear.

"Now you're being very naughty." She paused and whispered, "And your Aunt Caroline?"

"Younger version of you, Mum. Wouldn't say no either."

I felt her sigh as she hugged me tighter. "Just be careful when it comes to Amy, sweetheart. We don't want to see either of you hurt."

"We'll be sensible. Besides, might have to come home and steal you from my father."

She leaned back and smiled. "You're just a big tease but thank you for making me smile instead of crying all the time now that you're actually leaving."

"I'll miss you, Mum."

"I'll miss you too."

Aunt Caroline hugged me next, and she got a squeezed bum as well. That made her giggle as she hugged me tighter. "Look after my little girl for me, Mark," she whispered, "I know how much you love her, as much as she loves you."

"She'll be safe with me. Won't let her out of my sight."

"Keep in touch but make sure you both have a wonderful time."

"And when I come home, I'm stealing you along with Mum."

That made her snort. "Please, like either of us stands a chance when compared to my daughter."

"I'll get her home safe and sound. I promise."

We'd chosen one of the cheapest flight options available sticking with reputable airlines, so we did have two swaps and transfers before we arrived at London Heathrow. The four of us had organised to stay in the same hostel, choosing to stay in one of those temporarily before we left in early Spring for the first part of our European tour.

Thankfully the four of us ended up sharing the same dorm. It was a pair of bunk beds, but we had our own private bathroom. It was awkward in that Mike and Cindy were a couple and would obviously prefer somewhere they could share a bed. Having arrived in early January, we planned on leaving for Paris in early April, there was no doubt they were having sex, but I rarely heard them.

Living and working in London as a young Australian was a lot of fun. English women were something else entirely. The accent alone drew attention, but being young, relatively fit, a healthy tan and rather outgoing certainly helped attract attention. Nothing ever came of it though as Amy and I spent every day together, and it just didn't feel right being out with her for an evening only to leave with someone else. And I certainly wouldn't take anyone back to our shared room.

What I didn't miss was the fact Amy would masturbate in the bunk bed below me. She'd normally wake up in the middle of the night and I knew the sounds of a woman enjoying a climax. She was trying to remain quiet, but the bunk bed shook enough to suggest she was really enjoying herself. And hearing her whimper and moan had me rock hard in my bed above her.

I never let on that I heard her, but she met my eyes more than once over breakfast and would start blushing. I did wonder if it wasn't just that she was horny, but that it was an invitation for me to climb down the stairs and join in with her. It was tempting, but even though we were in Europe, I still wasn't sure about changing our relationship in such a manner. The idea of having fun while in Europe appealed, but we'd end up returning to Australia and having to end it. I'm not sure I could handle doing that, and the thought of breaking her heart didn't bear thinking about.

As I didn't entertain the thought of being with another woman, and didn't make a move on Amy, I had to find relief with my hand. At least I had a vivid imagination. Amy was a constant thought, but I won't lie and admit my mother and Aunt Caroline were also fantasies.

Taking the Eurostar from London to Paris was the best option, boarding the train at Kings Cross St. Pancras and being delivered into Paris at Gare du Nord. We'd organised a hostel to stay in for eight of us as our friends would be flying into Paris to join us, with the idea that they'd head to London last, flying out of there but spending a few weeks with us before going home.

"I'm so excited," Amy exclaimed as the train was leaving London, "Paris, Mark. Meant to be very romantic and all."

"And yet you're with me?"

UltimateSin
UltimateSin
5,217 Followers