Love, Betrayal, Love Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A few months after we both started our careers we got our first place, a two bedroom apartment not far from where Katies mom lives. This time was special for us, our very own place where we could do as we pleased, when we pleased.

Being able to watch Katie fall asleep with her head resting on my chest on the couch watching TV or getting up in the morning walking around buck naked trying to find a clean coffee cup. Yes, we had sex in just about every spot in the apartment too, but it was the time we spent together chatting, laughing, teasing, and being the kids that we still were that meant the most.

We went out together for dinner whenever possible, maybe twice a week and usually it was a nice diner as good restaurants were still out of our budget range at this point.

We generally made Saturday Nights movie nights at the cinema with popcorn and sodas, with Friday Nights spent out with our friends. Neither of us drank too much when we went to bars or clubs so we were enjoying life even if we were still almost always broke.

Sunday nights were always for us to lay on the couch together to watch a movie after a home cooked meal, always followed by our least energetic fuck session of the week, it was more about making love than making orgasms.

On the Friday night's we usually took turns on who's friends we would hang out with as Katies friends always went to clubs and mine always went to sports bars and old-fashioned pubs.

We would go out with Katies friends from college, Jane and Skye along with an occasional tag along girlfriend or boyfriend. Also Simone and Rachel who were Katies best friends from high school would always be there as well.

On the nights we spent out with my friends I would enjoy a few beers with my best friend John, also Mark and Billy from college, along with Steve who was John's work buddy who I now knew from work as well.

Katie and my sex life was still great, we had sex most every day and usually two or three times each day on weekends.

We enjoyed everything, oral on each other, the occasional anal when Katie was 'feeling' it. A lot of foreplay with tongues and fingers, then with about twenty minutes of good hard fucking that always intensified in the last five minutes before I would finally shoot my load deep inside Katie.

I could always get Katie off with my fingers or my mouth, she would often squirt a bit as well. The only thing that would have topped it off is if Katie could get off during intercourse.

No matter how hard I tried she seemed to not be able to get her release when we fucked. I tried lasting longer than my usual twenty minutes, I tried fucking her with more intensity than normal, even tried choking her a little while I hammered away.

We tried so many sex positions, especially where I could use my fingers on her clit while we fucked. I bought her a clitoral vibrator as well but while Katie could experience a clitoral orgasm, she could never get that elusive vaginal orgasm while fucking.

Katie told me it was more than okay as she always had clitoral climaxes during foreplay, so she was more than satisfied. But you know the young male ego, I was determined that I should be able to make the women I loved orgasm when I fucked her.

After a while though, I decided to just enjoy having sex and accepted that it was not to be. I felt that I was putting unnecessary stress onto Katie to be able to have vaginal orgasms when we fucked, and that she might see it as her fault if she was unable to achieve them.

The only other issue we had over the next few months was to do with her friends and the Friday nights out. I always had the feeling that Katies two high school friends Simone and Rachel were not too taken with me, perhaps that they could not be the same close threesome they were in high school or maybe it was simply because they did not like me. But whichever, the outcome was that they pretty much ignored me when we were at the club together, they avoided including me in any conversations even when I tried to be a part of it.

I would talk to Katie about it when we got home, telling Katie that Simone and Rachel were either stuck-up bitches or at the very least just rude, however she would always deflect saying she didn't think it was as bad as I thought it was.

Her two friends from college, Skye and Jane were good to hang out with, both at college and then on the Friday nights at the clubs, but by the time we were in our second year of marriage they too began to rarely acknowledge me when we were at the club either.

Already by then as a compromise, we had started to both go out on Friday nights with our friends alone which ended up being three Friday's of every four, with Katie and I going out together on the fourth Friday alternating between my friends and hers. That meant I usually only had to see her friends once every two months and that was fine by me.

I trusted Katie going out on her own with her friends as she always quickly dealt with any unwanted advances she seemed to always get when we went out. I don't remember ever having to threaten some guy for chatting her up too long or getting handsy. She always dealt with them before it ever got anywhere near that far.

Apart from Katie having two high school friends I didn't care much for, everything else between us was great. The sex, the conversations, the cuddling, we were even starting to get a few dollars put away for vacations or to eventually put down a deposit to buy our own place. Both of us had been promoted in our jobs with Katie now employed as a junior contract lawyer and myself now an engineer without the 'trainee' tag so the extra money coming in made life a little more enjoyable and less stressful.

--------------

I had just turned 25 and Katie would also in a few months' time, and I had begun to think about us starting a family. I wanted Katie to bring up the subject though when she was ready as it would be her carrying the baby and giving birth. I didn't want to feel like I was pressuring her to start a family if she was not ready, so I dropped the odd hint but tried my best to be as subtle as possible.

The three years of marriage so far have been wonderful, I was not seeing any drop off in our relationship which I thought might gradually happen over time in some way. Even if it was having sex a little less often, or perhaps not going out on our dinner dates as much, but no nothing had really changed for us.

I was still as madly in love with Katie as I thought any man could be, and I was confident that she loved me just as much.

We would still needlessly touch each other when passing in the apartment or hug the other when in the kitchen together. No topic or subject was out of bounds, we had no secrets, no fantasies unspoken or unfulfilled.

For my part, other women never crossed my mind save for briefly admiring an attractive woman that may walk past when out, but even then I would never stare or ogle, but I am a guy so not looking would mean something was wrong with me.

I would sometimes catch Katie checking out the odd handsome guy as well, but like me it was always just a harmless part of being human. If anyone asked me right now if I was truly happy, my answer would be unequivocally Yes.

My wife, my family, my friends, my job. I would be hard pressed to pick out any part of my life I was unhappy with. Maybe only my finances as we were still renting but were at least putting more away in our savings now.

This Friday night was like most others, I met Steve just before 8pm outside an old Irish Pub we were drinking at tonight, he was having a smoke before going in.

"Hi Steve, the boys here yet?"

"Hey Greg. Mark and Billy are inside already, John will be here soon. Said he is picking up his girlfriend on the way."

"What girlfriend? How is this the first I'm hearing about it?"

John has had his fair share of women over the years, but he seemed to be growing into a confirmed bachelor. Most of his relationships were over before they started, and I always thought he was just too keen looking for the next girl to be tied down by the current one. He had never brought any girl he was seeing along to our Friday nights though so maybe this one could be different.

"He said her name is Shani, haven't met her yet though. This must be serious" as if Steve was agreeing with my thoughts.

"Where were you last Friday? Out with Katie I suppose?"

"Yep, another thrilling night of purse minding while the girls danced. Catch you inside when you're done, need a beer?"

"Yeah a pint would be great."

I left Steve and went inside and spotted Mark and Billy and motioned drinking a beer as I approached the bar. Billy looked at their beers then stuck two fingers in the air.

I got back to the table with the four pints as John and his new girlfriend entered the pub. We got up and greeted them as they got to our table.

"Hey guys, everyone this is Shani. Shani this here is Steve who I work with, Greg here is my best friend from forever, and this one here is Billy, and Mark. Watch Mark, he tells terrible jokes."

"Hi everyone, good to finally put faces to the names."

"What are you two drinking? it's my round."

"Two beers are fine Greg."

I was waiting at the bar when it occurred to me that Shani, I knew her from somewhere. I looked back over to the table to see if looking at her face would remind me. Her face was familiar, I wasn't imaging it. Just then Shani looked up at me and gave me a small nod and a smile. It's like she was acknowledging that she knew me but I still could not place her.

I went back to the table with their beers, and we all got chatting. Shani of course was getting politely interrogated by the four of us, from how did she meet our little John (He is actually a huge man at 6'5 and 230 pounds with no fat) to what work she did, where she went to school and college, and if she had any available friends. The last one was from Mark who I'm sure would struggle to get a date in a brothel.

None of Shani's answers triggered any sort of memory for me of where I knew her from, but I was convinced I have indeed met her before after chatting together for the best part of an hour.

Our conversation turned to football as there was a game on the big screen in the bar. It was a good night, I decided I would not ask Shani straight out where we had met before as I didn't want it to get awkward. John then looked around at our beers.

"What are we drinking? Beers again?"

We all agreed and Shani said she would help him carry them back. John said no need, he has to go to the toilet first which in this pub can take a while with only two stalls and a bunch of guys in here drinking.

"Give me your card and I will grab them while you go." I offered, and he accepted.

I got to the bar waiting to get the barman's attention as Shani walked up beside me.

"Are you still trying to figure out where you know me from?"

"Am I that obvious?" I replied laughing a little at my lack of subtlety.

"I'm a little disappointed though, we have met at least on three occasions that I can remember."

"Really? I recognize your face but I don't remember the name, and Shani is not that common."

"I don't think we were ever actually introduced, the girls I was with were not too fond of talking with you. I did sit at the same table with you though."

Bingo. Shani was one of the tag along friends on Katie's Friday nights at the clubs.

"Okay, yes I know now. So, you saw that they were all doing their best to ignore me when I was there too?"

"Yeah, I'm best friends with Skye, we went to high school together. I don't think she wanted to ignore you but she was just trying to appease Simone and Rachel. Rachel is a real piece of work. She doesn't want you around at all. Simone too, but I think Rachel is their ringleader."

"Why? What would Katies high school friends possibly have against me? Katie always says that I'm reading too much into it."

At this point Shani looked away from me, staring at the wall. I was guessing she was struggling to think of how to answer my question. She glanced back around to the direction of the table and then to the male toilets to see if John was on his way I'm assuming.

"You and John are best friends, right?"

"Yep."

"So I'm going to assume if it works out with me and John I'm going to be seeing a lot more of you?"

"We're like brothers, so yeah. You really like John don't you?"

"Very much. We've only been together for three weeks now but it's been great. He's a special guy."

"He is, really." I added.

"My last boyfriend, we dated for two years. We even moved in together for the last six months we were together."

I wondered where this was going but I was smart enough to let her continue without interrupting.

"He was cheating on me for most of the time we were together."

Ok, now this is getting weird just a tad. I mean I don't really know Shani yet and our first proper conversation and she's telling me about her cheating ex.

"I had no idea until I caught him at home on a weekday in our bed with another girl."

"After we broke up, someone I thought of as my friend came and spoke to me. She admitted that she knew all along that he was cheating on me because she was dating one of his friends. That my ex would be with them and picking up other women whenever I was not there. She kept it to herself because she didn't want her boyfriend to get pissed with her."

"I think in coming to me she was trying to clear her own conscious for not telling me earlier which may be good for her but was of no help for me."

I'm still not getting what this has to do with Katies friends ignoring me which began this line of conversation, but I have learnt to be patient when someone is explaining something that is important to them.

Shani again looked back around for John, he was obviously taking the world's longest piss. Or the queue was long tonight.

"What hurt was knowing that people I called friends knew I was being cheated on but said nothing, they just kept their mouths shut and I was left looking and feeling like a complete fool."

"It was like the cherry on top of a shit cake, not only was my boyfriend cheating, but none of my friends respected me enough to tell me."

I let out a sigh, this was obviously a sore spot for her. I'm not sure where this is going but I'm sure there is a reason for all this.

"I promised myself that if I was ever put in the same position that my friends were, I would tell my friend and not let them get dragged along and lied to."

"Sounds like the right thing to do." I finally added to the conversation.

"That's just it. I find myself in that position right now."

Shani again looked towards the wall as if trying to avoid me. Right then the barmen finally got to us and I ordered the round of beers.

"Can I ask what this has got to do with Katies high school friends ignoring me?"

"They don't want you there because there is already another person in their little group from high school you probably have never met that joins them on Friday's."

The look of bewilderment on my face was enough for Shani to continue.

"I think they were hoping that if you were made to feel unwelcome, you would stop going to the clubs with Katie and their friend from high school could continue to join them instead. I think Skye and Jane probably ignored you because it became awkward for them later when you would be there."

"I'm still not following, why could their high school friend not be there when I was there? Why did they want to get rid of me?"

No, the penny still had not dropped.

Shani looked down at the bar, again trying to avoid eye contact. The barmen returned with our beers.

"Shani let's go back to the table and finish this."

I started to pick up some of the pints when Shani interjected.

"No, I can't say this in front of John or the others."

Alright, what is going on here? What is she not telling me?

"Seeing as how we are probably going to see a lot of each other and become friends I hope, I don't want to start off from lying to you. Well, keeping secrets from you that are pretty bad Greg."

"Their other high school friend is named Jake, he is Katie's ex-boyfriend from high school."

Okay, now this just got real, what the hell??

"So, he would be there when I am not? Why exactly?"

Shani again looked away, seriously.

"I'm sorry Greg, it would be easier for me to keep my mouth shut."

Shani then looked directly at me.

"Jake and Katie are still a thing."

And there it is. The moment my wonderful life turned into a wonderful pile of shit.

"Still a thing? What does that mean? Just be straight with me Shani. I won't be pissed with you I swear. Just tell me already."

"Jake goes to the club every Friday that you don't. They are a couple when they are there. Kissing, dancing. Then they always leave early."

"Before I met you tonight as John's best friend, I felt sorry for you when I saw you at the club, but it was none of my business. But now if we are going to be friends, well, that changes everything. I'm not going pretend that shit is not happening."

I stood there at the bar like a statue holding three pints with my pants around my ankles. How can this be true? I know Katie too well for this to be real.

"I'm so sorry Greg, please don't hate me for telling you this."

I looked into Shani's eyes, she wasn't lying. How could she, who would make this shit up?

"Don't worry Shani, thanks for telling me. I mean it, thanks."

She reached out and rubbed my back in support.

"How long?"

She looked surprised with the question.

"Oh, the first time I met Jake at the club with Katie was probably at least a year and a half ago now. But he could have been going there longer than that, I'm not sure."

The look on my face would have said it all. Complete confusion.

"When did Katie start going out on Friday nights without you?"

Jeez, really. I think we started going out on our own probably about a year after we were married, and yes it was because her friends were acting like bitches.

"Probably about two years ago."

"I think you have your answer then." Shani replied.

"How the fuck could Katie do this to me? Do this to us? Fuck!"

Those were not questions but more like rhetorical statements.

"Do you want me to go get John?"

"No, we should get back to the table."

I went and sat down at the table with our beers and tried to act like my entire world had not just gone and jumped off a very high cliff.

My first thought was to get up and go to the club where Katie was at right now, probably with her high school sweetheart that I had never met nor heard Katie mention his name before.

Shani was having quiet words with John, then he leaned over to me.

"Hey buddy, Shani told me what happened. You Ok?"

"Not really."

"Fuck, sorry Greg. I really liked Katie too."

"I guess it shows that neither of us knew her as well as we thought. I'm thinking of going clubbing right now, you interested?"

John's face then got more serious as he looked into my eyes.

"No, you're not. You are staying right here with me until you can think this shit through a little. You're not going home either just yet, not until I think you're going to be fine."

He was right of course, even if I wanted to go find them I had not asked Katie which club she was going to tonight anyway. If I called her to meet up she would surely tell Jake to leave and deny it all. Hell, how has she had lied to me for two God-damn years already? I felt like a complete chump.

And to think I would have sworn just an hour ago that Katie loved me more than anything or anyone. She should have been an actor, she had me fooled, completely.

I sat there drinking my beer, sort of listening in to the conversations going on at the table. It had been about half an hour since Shani dropped the bombshell on me about Katie and Jake. I was starting to calm down in my mind. I no longer wanted to kill them both, but rather I wanted to know why. Why would Katie do this?