All Comments on 'Love Crash'

by Magnolia13

Sort by:
  • 1 Comment
EarthSeaSkyEarthSeaSkyover 19 years ago
Self-protect or Self-destruct?

It is quite a while since you wrote Love Crash and maybe you have moved on, but here is my comment on it anyway. By activating a self-protection mechanism that you have forged to protect yourself from ever being so hurt again, you are obviously aware of the limitations you have imposed upon the creation a new relationship with someone else. In so doing, it seems to me as if you have locked yourself into the pain of the original hurt. I have dealt with a broken heart of my own, over my first two marriages, by simply continuing to love both my former spouses "in absentia", if you will. I hold no bitterness towards either failed marriage, yet I can still feel the pain and recognise the benefits I gained from both. The "pain" is mine, MY own emotion, an integral part of me, and because I can feel it with the same intensity as I can feel "pleasure", then I can only rejoice in the poignancy of it. Don't be afraid of your own emotions. Let them flow. Let them out. It is what is known as living. Those who cannot endure to feel, are either dead or dying. And isn't that what a self-protection mechanism is supposed to avoid?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous