All Comments on 'Love Doesn't Do It for Me'

by dorbb2

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
1*

Not for me. Too much wishy-washy feelings BS for me. I guess at least he had the balls to get rid of her so she couldn't continue to disrespect and use him as a fall back in case her new guy doesn't work out. Yeah, yeah she doesn't mention another man but you'd have to be blind not to know she's interested in someone else. You know "someone who is greater than us".

patilliepatillieover 3 years ago
interesting start

but not a complete story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Interesting story.

Her career won't keep her warm at night. Her career won't look after her when she is sick. Her career won't provide comfort when someone close to her dies.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
different

Very different. The conversation was not as emotional as I would have thought. He didn't push for a yes or no and accepted the maybe. I guess that is all he needed. For me when she backed out on the family it would have been time for a deep and hard talk.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The beginning of the end is the end. Ending can be healthier than beginning, . . ..

when its on your terms.

Extracting yourself from a poor investment can be more difficult than making a hopeful investment. Most people don't like to admit their decision did not turn out well. I have kept a worthless stock certificate for several hundred shares of a company that was quite successful, then went bankrupt. As the company struggled to survive I thought selling the stock was an act of disloyalty, bad faith, quitting. It was a good lesson that has rewarded me many times over.

Marriage should not be a gamble, but it is an investment. People change, circumstances change, financial, medical, emotional stresses can take their toll. This was an interesting display of a husband accessing the failure of his investment in a partnership. The two partners no longer wanted the same thing. It is obvious the wife was aware before the husband that the marriage would not last, but she was not going to reveal their ending until it was on Her terms. It appears she was actually concealing the end of her investment in the marriage until she had her exit strategy, and her knew partner, lined up and ready to depart. One wonders how long she has been trying out replacement partners.

The reference to a "feeling", a negative vibe, an instinct, is very refreshing. So many LW authors rely on the trope "I trusted her" as the excuse for looking away, staying clueless, not discerning the truth, avoiding confrontation. Oh My God, whatever you do you Must avoid confrontation! Weak minds always seem to retain enough strength to concoct an excuse. Read Richard Gerald.

I enjoyed his inquiry into his wife's diminishing commitment to the marriage, and his decision to end a dead end relationship on his terms. One wonders how many ignorant husbands are left holding a worthless marriage certificate as their ex wife rides off with her new partner. Sad.

Good job. Thanks for the effort, and the intelligence.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whatever happened to

Honest logical dialogue between spouses?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Humans?

“Maybe, but our blending of body and soul will always be when appropriate.”...

“Does the end of us depend on outside forces?”

Human beings don’t talk like that. Computer algorithms programmed to simulate human speech, perhaps, but not real live people.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Thank god her had a pair at the end. I was afraid he'd turn into a pussy there for a bit.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

What rubbish.

A nothing story......

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finish

You should have finished the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
There is nothing here to root for

Just a bunch of talking

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Too strange for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Have you ever talked to a human being or at least listened to one?

I agree the start of the story started well, but I have never heard anybody speak like that. When you are talking to your spouse and ask them if they have found someone new and they say yes, you don't continue having a conversation with them with the same passion as when you read an instruction manual.

Just a waste of an interesting beginning.

Highway69_50Highway69_50over 3 years ago

Well, that was different.

TheKrrakTheKrrakover 3 years ago

It sounds like two machines talking, rather than people...

1/5

bioman57bioman57over 3 years ago

Interesting story. A 4 from me. no emotions just business. It sounds like the husband already knew she was a cheater and a slut, so no reason for him to cry...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

WTF was that? It wasn't clever, to write a story, you need a beginning, middle and end! This has none of that, where are the minus scores?

Victycz14Victycz14over 3 years ago

actually i really enjoyed that one thank you for that. i can relate to an extent.

etchiboyetchiboyover 3 years ago
Weird, but interesting.

Certainly original — 4-stars

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

Insipid. First, too much narration, then when the dialog started, I missed the narration.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 3 years ago
It was an interesting beginning.

However, the dialog was somewhat stilted.

But it left me wanting to know what happens next.

So, please do let us know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Liked the way it ended. Tell the bitch to eat shit and die

skruff101skruff101over 3 years ago

In an effort to write something different it ended up as...I have no clue how it ended up and I’m pretty sure the author doesn’t either.

It brings vividly to life the reactions of people to the play Waiting for Godot, many critics sub-titled it ‘Two characters waiting for a plot’. After watching the play audiences could be heard saying ‘what the fuck was that all about’.

I had the same reaction reading this.

secretsalsecretsalover 3 years ago

The situation had potential, but the dialog felt too stiff. No emotion, no humour, no heft.

Feels a bit like an A.I routine's early attempt at a LW flash story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Totally fresh...new

So much left unsaid, but one must realise that perceived 'love' in a relationship is more than juat lust. Oh my...

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

She already has a replacement in the wings who she marries and has 3 kids. Her new hubby turns out to be a serial cheater who divorces her and then disappears leaving her destitute and miserable as she realises what she lost in her first husband. He is also remarried with a family and a wife who loves him.

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

So ... what do we have here, she has evolved into a narcacistic ladder climbing hoe who is gonna fuck her way to the top

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 3 years ago
5 stars

Bitter sweet and to the point.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funover 3 years ago

The story grew on me

Rereading it, so much was said in each word, then bam!:

The last sentence crystallized the relationship into past tense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

Love didn't do it for the guy. "Love" was clearly a very different thing for her. She was very clearly describing a cuckold relationship in her vision of "melding... when appropriate" to her.

I liked that he took control of his life and was ending things on his schedule vs. When she decided she didn't want him holding her back. It was an interesting perspective that dorbb describes the building of a career in EXACTLY the way many, most?, would describe building a family life. Hmmmmm.....

5*

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
You

You have some decent story ideas, and if you could inject a little human feeling into them you might have something.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well

At least he walked away

Spector30Spector30over 3 years ago

There's a story there. But this isn't it. The concept you have, it needs to be fleshed out, expanded. This is much more than 1500 words. You need to work on it, and you require an editor too.

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
NOT GOOD

Your predisposition for ending stories in the middle detracts from what might be great stories. This is similar to "She stopped talking" and equally annoying and frustrating. This one was not a surprise after the 'Stopped Talking' story just a reaffirmation that the talent and imagination is not there to 'do the job' 2**

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

Pack a bag and leave. She is delusional.

mattenwmattenwover 3 years ago

And you know someone who talks so idiotically puffy? You should change your circle of friends as soon as possible!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The end

This one ended correctly. Absolute end answer to a fem style of mental cruelty, if allowed.

YouamiYouamiover 3 years ago

I thought you encapsulated the death of the relationship concisely and without extraneous fanfair. Apart that is for the wife's incomprehensible ramblings. She is obviously delusional and had already formulated an escape plan. Best thing for hubby is to legally ditch her sooner rather than later.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

There is always another dick involved / I have even seen my daughters Marriage demise / and I saw the writing on the wall before her husband did/ It started out with a few E=mail to Dad while she was working / She was a veterinarian/ and she use to be required to attend / shows and parade just sitting with her dog ( twice she divulged some weird hyperbole's .) she did this twice both time I called it right . Scary too know someone so well . I am always amazed at how people divulge information about planned issues . Even when I was dealing with Unions I had that same calling when negotiating/ New how far I could push / when to walk out .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I told my first wife that being very vindictive, if she cheated on me,things would not end well for her. I told her that if was falli g out of love with me to at least act like a mature adult and ask for a divorce before she started spreading her legs.

Eight years married later,i caught her fucking one of my business partners, and using the prenup and family trust,she walked away with just her money and investments. I guess after the divorce,my ex thought that i wasn't going to do anything physical,and she started talking shit to some of our mutual friends. One Friday night she left a nightclub and was headed to her car in the parking lot when some stranger walked by her and doused her face in hydrochloric acid. The same night my ex business partner was also attacked,and in addition to his severe spinal damage, his face and junk were also damaged by acid. Of course i had a solid alibi for that night.

Three years later i met my second wife,and we just celebrated 34 years of wedded bliss.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Nice quick story...

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Odd. I get it. I guess it makes sense. But very odd approach.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

STUPID!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

DUMB

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Odd. Were you high when writing this?

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

interesting conversation

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

U WOT M8

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Fantastic. Never stay married to a cheater.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Goodbye Cunt Dont Get Married If You Cant Be Faithful.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

A really civil way to say "fuck off you delusional bitch"... Very good especially for a short story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

All women (yes all) have that itch that can only be relieved by someone other than her husband.

Bry1977Bry19775 months ago

way too short and not enough detail. this needs a lot more to make it good! 3*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous