Love in Tuscany

Story Info
A surprise encounter leads to a holiday to remember.
4k words
4.49
8.4k
8

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/05/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
golasgil
golasgil
486 Followers

Any feedback you have is truly welcome.

As ever, all characters engaging in sexual relationships or activities are aged 18 years or older. Any names, characters, businesses, places, events, locales, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

= = = = = = =

The car bounced along a particularly bad section of road and Catherine was thrown around in her seat.

"Where are we going Jake?"

"You'll find out soon enough," came the baritone answer and Catherine forced herself to settle back in the front seat of Jake's Lexus.

She loved surprises. Or that's what she'd told Jake when they first started going out together. The truth was rather different. What she meant was that she liked surprises that she knew about and could properly plan for.

Being driven away on holiday to a destination she knew nothing about, with no idea of what to pack and only knowing that they were due back in two weeks was maddening.

And the blindfold was just downright mean!

= = = = = = =

Their relationship was still quite new, but she had high hopes. At twenty-nine years old she was a mature, self-assured and successful woman in her own right, but her love life had been an unmitigated disaster up until this point.

At nineteen she'd got engaged to a wholly unsuitable man. The sex had been great but when they moved up to Oxford to be near his new job (yet another new job) reality had set in. They were in a flat that they could only just afford, and she had no job and no friends in the area. Within a week she knew she'd made a horrible mistake and in another month, she had left to head back home.

Returning home had been skin crawlingly embarrassing and while her very middle-class parents had been kind to her, they never quite let her forget how immature and impulsive she'd been.

There had been some positives that came out of her escapade to Oxford though; by some miracle she hadn't got pregnant despite being much too lax with contraception; she had grown up pretty quickly and she realised how much she valued her independence.

That independence made it imperative that she got out of the family home as soon as possible. She had done very well at school and her excellent results got her on to a prestigious law course at Warwick University and she never looked back. She never wanted her parents to be able to hold that awful "I told you so" over her head ever again and so she threw herself into her studies.

If she was honest, looking back she'd missed out on a lot of the university experience. She'd made friends but had missed out on a lot of the fun stuff. She's said 'no' a lot to opportunities that now she wished she'd taken. This meant that university had been rather a barren period romantically, once bitten and all that. But it meant that after three years of hard work she had left university with a first-class honours degree and a job offer at a significant law practice in Birmingham.

She had settled into her law placement and realised that she'd found something that she loved doing.

She'd had a few awkward flings with people over the last few years. While she enjoyed the sex, she found that she needed that closeness that only came from really being with someone. And that someone had proved to be pretty elusive until she met Jake three months ago.

They'd met at a barbeque in Moseley. He was a friend of a friend. He had confessed to her recently that he hadn't even wanted to go that day but his ex-lodger Neil had been desperate for a lift so that he could drink himself insensible as usual. Jake had arrived on a powerful looking Suzuki, aviators on and just a bit too much hair. He was so not her type that she hadn't even talked to him until the evening.

By that stage Neil was a puddle on the floor after Arsenal had won the FA Cup final and Jake was ready to head back home. The petite red head out in the garden had kept his attention throughout the day. She was much easier on the eyes than the cup final had been, and while she didn't have the voluptuous shape that he usually preferred, something about her fascinated him. Not a natural lady's man, he gathered is courage up and moved out into the garden, putting his sunglasses on as he sat down on the grass next to Catherine.

"Hi," he said, "I'm Jake."

"Catherine," she said through thin lips and far from welcoming.

"I'm sorry, have I offended you or something?"

"No, nothing like that."

"Oh."

If truth be told Jake wasn't the smoothest guy in the world when it came to women. He very rarely made the first move and as a result had a series of less than ideal girlfriends. He seemed to radiate 'nice' - a word he hated - which meant that most of the girls he'd been out with had been looking for a much longer-term commitment than he'd planned. His most recent, some six months ago, had turned from being a pleasant girl with her own life and interests into a clingy leech who wanted nothing but to be with Jake.

Not such a bad thing if you like your relationships to be one-sided but Jake was looking for more than that. At thirty-one, he was making real progress professionally, had bought an old Victorian semi before the prices had gone through the roof and had all the relevant trappings of success.

He tried again.

"I saw you were by yourself and wasn't sure who you knew here."

"Oh right - so you didn't turn up with Mr Loud and about to be violently sick over there?"

"Yes, I did. He wanted a lift here so that he could see Dave and Janet and he's been having...some issues so I agreed. Sorry if he offends you, he lets himself get too drunk."

"How do you intend to get him home again?"

"He'll crash here at Dave and Janet's like he always used to after work. Besides, he's drunk and I never take drunk people on my bike."

He saw a slight softening in her eyes at that. Maybe she just disapproved of motorbikes?

"How about you?" he asked. "Are you staying over too? Who did you come here with?"

Catherine's assumptions were slowly being pulled apart by this attractive man. His voice was beautiful. Musical, soft and a sort of liquid chocolate to her ears.

"With Hannah." She pointed her out.

"She's my landlady and used to live here with Janet before she got her own place. It was kind of her to invite me..."

Hannah was maybe mid-thirties with dirty blonde hair and a laugh like a braying horse. She'd also had a lot to drink and was hanging all over Dave's younger brother, John. Jake assumed that John was either deaf or going through a very dry spell.

"But she's abandoned you to your own devices around a bunch of strangers, you're not much of a football fan and you're now having to make polite chit chat to some biker."

"Well, I wouldn't put if quite like that...but something like that, yes."

As she said it her defences came down slightly and she allowed her steely gaze to soften a little. Her hazel eyes drifted over his toned physique and she started to forcefully re-evaluate her initial opinion.

"So how about you Jake? What keeps you busy?"

"Other than work? Well I am a project manager at Balfour Beatty and when I'm not doing that I'm doing DIY around the house, playing football during the season or touring on my bike in the summer."

"Where do you go?"

"Anywhere that the weather's good. I'm not much of a planner. I always take a tent with me and particularly in France you'll always find a campsite. I find it incredibly relaxing and it's a great way to really experience places."

"But you manage projects - don't you find it difficult to let go like that when you're away?"

"Not at all," he laughed, "it's a relief not to have to be so organised. How about you?"

"Oh, I've been working so much that I haven't really focused much on other things..."

"What do you do that keeps you so busy?"

"I just qualified as a lawyer at Pearl Grant and Newall."

"Congratulations!" he said and with such warmth that she knew it came from the heart. "So, when's the party?"

"What?"

"The party? To celebrate such a big achievement?"

"Oh well, I don't often..." and she trailed away realising how lonely and pathetic it sounded.

His voice softened as he saw how uncomfortable she was. He took off his sunglasses and looked into her suddenly fragile looking hazel eyes. He reached out and took her hand.

"Well, if a party isn't really your thing would you allow me to take you to dinner at Carter's next Saturday so that you can celebrate properly?"

"Err...I..."

"My treat and of course I'll do the driving."

She looked into his blue eyes. All those times at university when she'd said no had built up a pattern of behaviour. She wasn't impulsive. She wasn't that girl. But here and now this very desirable man wanted to take her to a Michelin starred restaurant in the city. She forced the rapidly gathering panic back down and with all her courage, said:

"That sounds wonderful, but I couldn't possibly..."

"Of course you can. I absolutely in...in..."

And he sneezed. And not just any sneeze. A full-throated roar of a sneeze that had the whole garden laughing including Catherine.

"Oh I'm so sorry," he said, putting his sunglasses back on. "This damn hayfever kills me at this time of year." He gestured that that was the reason for the sunglasses. "I'll just leave you..."

His faux pas and sudden indecisiveness took away any last concerns that she had. Suddenly feeling in control once more she asked,

"Won't you need a phone number and an address before you go?"

"Yes, yes, of course..."

And with many apologies and stammered words the two of them shared their details and agreed to meet the following week.

= = = = = = =

As first dates go it had been pretty incredible. Jake had turned up on time, dressed in a suit and driving a Lexus. As first impressions went, he pretty much nailed it.

Catherine had been in a whirl over what to wear and had tried on most of her wardrobe twice before she decided on a cream, fitted trouser suit with a beautiful silk blouse that she had treated herself to for the occasion.

The conversation had flowed on the way there and the service once they'd arrived was unlike anything that she'd experienced before. Mixed with the amazing food and the sheer heady delight of being on an honest to goodness date, Catherine hadn't felt so alive in years.

For his part Jake was captivated. Once her armour was down, he found she had a delightfully surreal sense of humour, a very genuine warmth and eyes that he could drown in. Twice she'd caught him just staring and had blushed very prettily. She genuinely seemed to have no idea just what her lovely form was doing to him and a significant number of the other male diners in the restaurant.

They went to a high-end bar afterwards and tried to continue their conversation through the music before giving up and heading home.

The drive back was easy and relaxed and unlike other suitors who had tried to impress her by driving much too fast Jake proved to be a safe and capable driver. They held hands most of the way back and it was only as they neared her house in Solihull that conversation dried up.

Catherine's emotions were in a whirl. Catherine was torn between her very strong need for this man and her concerns over what he might think if she went too far. Plus the lights were on which meant that Hannah was home.

They unbuckled their seat belts and Jake held the door for her as she got out of the car. As Jake was shutting her door the heel of her left shoe got caught and she started to stumble. He caught her effortlessly and she found herself looking up into his deep blue eyes. Her hand reached up to brush his hair away from his face and he leaned in and kissed her.

It was soft and light and her lips fluttered under him. Jake gave her every chance to move away but she grew bolder and kissed him back hard until they were locked together like teenagers. Her heels meant that she was much closer to his six foot height than she would normally have been and he relished the feel of her in his arms. She in turn was basking in the moment trying to memorise every second.

"Wow!" he said as they broke their kiss.

"Yes, wow indeed!"

He continued to hold her and realised that she'd be feeling just how hard he was soon if he didn't do something and he was desperate not to blow things with her.

"Thank you for a wonderful night," he said.

"No, thank you. I had the best time."

"Me too. I'd really like to see you again."

Her hazel eyes shone as she realised that he'd taken the worry about going too far out of her hands.

"Of course."

"How's tomorrow?" he smiled, hoping that he didn't sound too desperate.

Her brain frantically went through the work, chores and everything else that she'd ignored in the last day or two before mentally throwing it to one side.

"Tomorrow would be great."

= = = = = = =

The next month had been a whirlwind. They'd seen each other three times the next week and the following weekend they'd consummated the relationship at his house not far away in Kenilworth. She'd surprised him, and herself, by being a very active lover, and he couldn't get enough of her beautiful pliant body.

Other people had pretty much ceased to exist as they unwrapped each other like Christmas presents, learning more about their likes and dislikes.

She spent more and more time at his house and he couldn't have been happier.

One evening, they were curled around each other on the sofa having finally finished watching the 2nd season of 24.

"Breathe!" he said jokingly.

She laughed and looked at him happily. She got so immersed in TV shows.

"You haven't been away on holiday for a while have you?" he asked her.

"No. I went away with the girls to Majorca last year but that was just a long weekend of sunbathing because the summer here had been so horrible. Why do you ask?"

"Would you like to go away? With me?"

"Yes, that would be amazing!"

"Well, when you go in to work tomorrow, book off the first two weeks in August."

"Ok...and..?"

"And we'll go on holiday."

"Yes, but..."

"You said that you liked surprises, didn't you?"

"I do like surprises but..."

"Well book the two weeks off, plan for somewhere warm and leave the rest to me."

= = = = = = =

Which is how she found herself driving who knows where. And she still hadn't been allowed to take her blindfold off.

After about an hour's drive, mostly on the motorway from what she could tell, the car came to a stop and Jake opened the door and got out.

"Jake..?"

She heard her door open.

"You can take your blindfold off now."

Taking the annoying thing off she looked up at her smiling boyfriend who was offering her his hand. Behind him, holding a large umbrella over them was a short older man, dressed like a Harrods doorman. He was wearing a grey top hat and smock coat with gold buttons. A smart black tie, a waistcoat with an immaculate white shirt, pinstripe trousers and some patent leather brogues finished the outfit. Slightly incongruously he wore some thick Mr Magoo style glasses.

"Catherine...?" Jake prompted.

She realised that they were waiting for her and she did her best to get out of the car as gracefully as possible.

"Welcome to the VIP service at London Heathrow madam. My name is George and I'll be looking after you today."

She was a little stunned.

"Thank you, George."

"This way please."

They walked into their own private lounge away from all the noise, queuing and irritation that usually came with a flight. George had signalled for a colleague to collect their bags whilst a valet driver took Jake's car away.

"You're welcome to enjoy refreshments from your bar or you can order from our menu if you'd like something more substantial to eat. You can also visit the terminal with your own personal shopper if you would like to take advantage of the shopping here."

"Thank you, George. I think we'll just settle in for a few minutes and then we can let you know," said Jake.

"Of course, sir. Please just ring the bell and I'll be with you momentarily."

And he left leaving Jake and Catherine in their own private VIP lounge.

"Jake, what on earth is this place? How can you possibly afford it?"

"It's our own private lounge before we're escorted through to our plane. Here, try some of the snacks, their delicious. Apparently, they've been designed by a Michelin starred chef. They certainly taste like it."

Jake was obviously enjoying himself immensely.

The suite was beautifully laid out with comfortable seating, their own well stocked bar, a TV with flight details on and a view out over the mass of humanity milling around inside the terminal below.

Catherine allowed herself some of the stunning treats as she tried to take it all in.

"So, we're obviously flying somewhere, but where are we going?"

Her hazel eyes showed such longing that Jake finally realised that not knowing what was going on wasn't the delicious surprise that he'd hoped for. His smile slipped slightly.

"You don't enjoy surprises at all do you?"

"Getting a bunch of flowers is the sort of surprise that I like. I'm so sorry Jake but this sort of stuff I like to plan and organise and know what's going on. It's so beautiful but I'm ruining it."

He swiftly pulled her in to a hug and just held her. His musical baritone soothed her as it always did:

"You're not ruining it, but I wish you'd said that this was going to cause you stress. Would you like to know what I have planned?"

"Gods, yes!"

"OK." He walked over to the bar and poured some champagne for them both.

"A toast. Here's to surprises!"

And she couldn't help but laugh at his tease. He pointed to the departures board.

"Our flight will be leaving in just over an hour and we will be flying to Pisa in Italy."

"Yes! I've always wanted to go to Italy!"

He smiled warmly.

"Well, I hope that I haven't set expectations too high as the whole holiday won't be like this."

"So long as I'm with you Jake. This is wonderful but you know that I don't need this stuff. I do hate the crowds and queuing at airports though, so this is a hugely thoughtful start."

"Good. We don't arrive until quite late so we have a room for the night in Pisa and then we pick up a car and will head across Tuscany to a small village called Mercatale di Cortona. It's right on the border with Umbria and is, I'm reliably informed in the middle of nowhere."

"Sounds wonderful."

"I hope so. Then for the rest of the holiday I was going to use that as a base and visit some of the other towns and sights in the area though we do have a final venue that we're going to at the end of the holiday which I hope you don't mind me keeping to myself for now."

"Of course not. And Tuscany! I've so wanted to go. Thank you, Jake! Thank you so much."

And she leaned in and kissed him with so much passion that they fell backwards on the sofa and activated the bell.

They just had time to re-arrange themselves when George appeared as if by magic.

"How can I help?"

"Err...do we have time for something to eat George?"

"Of course, sir. What took your fancy?"

"The Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon please."

"Oh yes, and the same for me please."

"Of course."

The next hour passed in a happy blur as Catherine relaxed and enjoyed the sheer luxury of travelling like a millionaire. The food was perfect, the security procedures were all taken care of and soon they were being guided out to their gate.

They arrived in perfect time to get settled in to their business class seats. Being a short, three-hour flight, it just meant more space for them but it was still very welcome.

They arrived in Pisa at 10pm Italian time and after gathering their bags from the carousel stepped out into the whirl of taxis, noise and heat that was an Italian summer evening. Their taxi took them to a nearby modern hotel and they gratefully settled into their room.

golasgil
golasgil
486 Followers
12