All Comments on 'Love is Damn Hard'

by deadeye_76

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago

Everything is fine, but the timing is all wrong. 6-8 weeks is nothing. The hurt is very alive. it wouldn't possibly work. Try a few years...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
'Maybe I should date Kate, fuck her, and rub Paige's nose in it. I might even just fuck her and drop her like a hot potato. That might be the best way to get back at Paige. I would have to play it carefully though. I didn't want Kate to catch on until it

No score cause I stopped reading there, I had no desire to read about a selfish asshole who would hurt an innocent in it all, especially after SHE basically told him where to find the cheaters.

tazz317tazz317almost 9 years ago
A LOVES B WHO LOVES C WHO LOVES A & C WHO

he uses the wrong H word, TK U MLJ LV NV

ariesgirlariesgirlalmost 9 years ago

Kate's cancer and death touched me a bit more because I recently lost a family member in the same manner. He battled cancer for a few years and he was placed in a hospice in the end. His wife, kids and other family members were all gathered in his room when he passed away. It was so sad to watch him die even though we knew he didn't have much time left.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I won't vote. ...

I read the whole story but it still greatly bothers me that John carried out using Kate to hurt Paige. Even after falling for her.

bigdnc13bigdnc13almost 9 years ago
A well-written, but emotionally disturbing story

Two proud people, both making poor personal decisions that kept them apart too long. But, love doesn't always move in a straight line. At least they did finally find each other, if only for too brief of time. I liked the twist with Carla at the end, and no it wasn't too soon. Maybe he learned his lesson with Kate and grabbed happiness as soon as he saw it. Thanks for another fine tale.

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 9 years ago
.....with tears in my eyes!

If there is anyone out there who says they have not said anything hurtful in anger...they are a liar. We are only human after all. This one touched me!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Well Written.

worthy 5 stars.

only one small part near the end did not seem to fit ,whch was the

"" 8 weeks after the funeral he is in bed with carla ""

.

that was a little fast to my mind ... could have used some "hugs & cuddles .. a little help with his grief , before admitting that she loved him etc,etc,etc

other than that i thought the plot was well constructed & the word craft was sublime , with interesting & engaging characters ..

xxxhugsxxx

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

This is the first time in my life, I found tears in my eyes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Me too

Like many readers, I'm still a bit misty-eyed. A lovely story. Thank you.

surveyor49surveyor49over 5 years ago
Why 6-8 weeks?

Why did Kate stipulate wait 6-8 weeks to Carla? Understand that it was a time he could get over Kate yet not find someone else she did not know, but is there a reason you picked that amount of time?

Good story but inquiring minds need to know.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great author, great story. I enjoyed it very much!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

John is a jerk and didn't deserve a happy ending.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userdeadeye_76@deadeye_76
You can ask me anything... I don't have to answer, but I usually will. I love the stories and the exchanges on here. Any suggestions to my stories are welcome. I'll listen to anything, even dribble since the delete button is so handy. I'm in my 60s now, stay in shape with biki...