Love Me Do

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Scooter's mom said he can go!" announced an almost giddy Tim. "This is going to be great!"

Saturday afternoon, Tim pulled his truck into the driveway of a nice ranch house in a good neighborhood. Before he was able to stop, Scooter was racing out the door. He jumped in next to Tim as soon as the pickup was safely parked.

"Mr. Welker? Mom says she wants to meet you before we leave. I guess she wants to make sure you aren't a serial killer or something," offered Scooter. "I'm sorry about that."

"No problem," replied Brian as he climbed out of the truck, walked to the house and rang the bell.

A slender, rather nondescript woman about Brian's age opened the door. With what he felt was a quick glance, Brian determined her legs were her best feature. They were strong and shaped perfectly. Her running shorts provided him the opportunity to admire a lot of them. Her stomach was flat while her breasts barely pushed her top away from her torso.

"My legs look pretty good compared to the rest of me, don't you think?" asked Scooter's mom, much to Brian's chagrin.

"I, ah, well yeah," agreed Brian once he saw the grin on the woman's face. "You've got a great pair of legs."

"Do you think I should let my son go to a baseball game with a man who checks out every woman he sees?" challenged the boy's mother. "I'm trying to raise a gentleman."

Brian saw the laughter in the woman's eyes and knew instinctively she was busting his balls a little. He decided to play along.

"What you're really asking is should you let your son go anywhere with a man, as checking out women is the best part of being a man," replied Brian with a grin. "He needs to learn how to appreciate the fairer sex. I'll show him what to look for and how to do it."

"I certainly hope you'll be less obvious during these life lessons you'll be giving Horace," countered the still smiling woman.

"The first thing I'll teach him is to smack anyone who calls him Horace, except his mom, of course," joked Brian.

"I see. My son will learn to be violent with people who address him by his given name as well as how to appreciate women's legs. Does that pretty well cover it?"

"Not even close," responded Brian. "I'll show him the fine art of judging asses and boobs surreptitiously. It's important he have a well rounded education and not focus entirely on any single female attribute."

"That's a relief!" replied Scooter's mom, thus gaining even more respect from Brian. "Have a good time and be sure "Scooter" calls if you're going to be late. My name's Gertrude, by the way."

"Seriously? Gertrude? What do your friends call you?" asked Brian.

"Oh, for my male friends I answer to Minx, Raven, Candy or Bubbles. My girlfriends call me Gertrude," replied the straight faced woman.

"Sounds good to me. I'm Brian. We're going to be friends, so I'll call you Minx. I kind of like that name."

"Why am I not surprised?" responded Gertrude before breaking into a hearty laugh. "Horace can go along with you anytime. I love your sense of humor. Tim is a very polite young man, so I was pretty sure his parents would be fine.

"Thanks for inviting him to the game. We're a baseball family. I used to go to as many Dodgers' home games I could. My father even played in the minor leagues before I was born. He was pretty good, just not quite good enough," added Gertrude.

"Scooter's a great kid, so it's no problem. I'll keep an eye on him and make sure he gets back home in one piece, Minx. Have a nice day!"

"Is that going to stick? I was making a joke!" protested Gertrude.

"You'll always be a Minx to me," was the quick reply as Brian turned and headed back to the truck.

Brian had a relaxing day at the game. Scooter managed to catch a foul ball. Both boys ate too many hotdogs and drank too much soda. They fell asleep in the back seat of the truck before Brian was able to exit the parking lot.

When he reached Scooter's home, Brian gently shook the boy awake and escorted the sleepy teen to his front door, where he was met by a beaming Gertrude.

"He may have had too many hotdogs and sodas," admitted Brian.

"Of course he did. He was at a ball game!" replied Gertrude. "Thanks so much for taking him, and bringing him back safely."

"It was my pleasure. Scooter's a great kid, Minx," retorted Brian. "I'll see you at the boys' games."

Brian settled into a routine which worked well for him. He would get home, have a small breakfast and then sleep from nine to three. With the extra soundproofing and blackout curtains on his windows, he usually slept soundly.

Brenda complained occasionally about him always sleeping in his "man cave", even on weekends. She'd leave the subject alone as soon as Brian asked if she needed his services. Brian decided she was truly worried about Grant insisting on sex in her bedroom and being caught. That suited Brian fine. It indicated she wasn't contemplating asking for a divorce at the moment. His goal of remaining married until Tim graduated high school seemed attainable.

Because he was a foreman and getting less exercise, Brian purchased a home gym machine that was advertised to give a complete body workout. To his pleasant surprise, it performed as advertised, as long as he was diligent in using it.

He attended all of Tim's baseball practices and soon the coach had him working with a few kids off to the side while the coach was doing drills with a different group of players.

Tim was a pretty good player and showing signs of improvement, but Scooter was a real surprise to Brian. At the start of the season he showed some talent, but he was tentative and timid. Brian worked with him as much as he could. They even spent a few hours on weekends practicing at the local park. Brian decided since he wasn't having sex, he may as well take the edge off by playing baseball with the boys.

As Scooter's confidence grew, his level of play increased dramatically. By the season's halfway point, Scooter was batting clean-up and playing shortstop at a high level. Tim was the starting center fielder and batting third. Brian was tremendously proud of both boys' accomplishments. One thing Brian could not help but notice was the attention some of the kids' mothers had begun paying to him. For some reason, his jokes actually made them laugh. His efforts with the kids were constantly praised. A few mothers would bake something for the team, but they always make sure he received a piece of whatever it was.

Tim's friendship with Scooter, as well as the time Brian spent with the boys naturally caused Gertrude and Brian to spend time together. Brian thought of her as a smart friend with a great sense of humor. He decided to ask Gertrude if she had noticed the increased interest the mothers were showing him.

"I may be way off base here, Minx, but I have to ask you a bit of a personal question," began Brian.

"Almost a B cup!" was Gertrude's quick response.

"What? I don't get it," admitted Brian.

"When men preface a question to a lady by saying it's personal, aren't they usually going to ask her about her bra size?"

"Well yeah. That's usually true," agreed Brian with a chuckle. "In this case, I was going to ask if you've noticed some of the mothers have been treating me differently the last couple of weeks. Do you think they seem a little friendlier lately?"

"Well, aren't you Mr. Observant?" retorted Gertrude. "You really don't know what's going on, do you?"

"I'd need more information regarding the "what" to which you refer before I could answer that question," mused Brian. "I understand the infield fly rule. I know you never make the first or last out of an inning at third base. You aren't referring to those baseball axioms, are you?"

"No, I was talking about the unwritten rule of never bunting or stealing bases when you have a huge lead," quipped Gertrude before becoming more serious.

"If you'd been paying attention, you'd know the friendliest team mothers are also single mothers. You're a great dad, a good looking guy and have a pretty decent job. That makes you a damn good catch in their book," reasoned Gertrude.

"What about the fact I'm a married man? Wouldn't they take that into consideration?" asked Brian.

"They have," responded Scooter's mom. "That's why they haven't actually attempted to seduce you. No one's tried that yet, have they?"

"No one's seduced me, as if that's ever been a problem," replied Brian. "I'm married, so I obviously can't be a good catch for anyone."

"Brian, I don't like how I seem to be the one who has to tell you this, but we're friends, so it falls on me. The mothers all know your wife is cheating on you. That's not bad enough. The rumor is she's shut you off from sex. You don't sleep together and it's a foregone conclusion you'll become a free agent in the not too distant future. These women want to sign you up for their team as soon as you're released."

Brian was stunned by Gertrude's revelation. How could so many people know his personal situation? Who would possibly know about his sex life, or lack of same? Then it hit him.

"Brenda must have told that fucker we weren't sleeping together and he's bragged about it to someone! That miserable cocksucker!"

"Are you referring to your wife, or her lover," asked Gertrude as she tried to lighten the mood. "I have to say you don't appear to be all that surprised by the rumors. Did you already suspect Brenda was cheating?"

"No, I never suspected," answered Brian.

"You had no idea at all?" asked a disbelieving Gertrude.

"I knew she was cheating. I just never suspected it," responded Brian.

"You're losing me here. How could you know it without suspecting it?"

"It's pretty simple. I never suspected a damn thing until the moment I found Grant banging Brenda in our bed. I went from having no clue she was cheating to certain in the space of a few seconds. I totally skipped being suspicious."

"That revelation creates more questions than it answers," stated his confused friend. "You saw them doing the horizontal mambo, yet you remain married and you're not incarcerated. You're not a swinger, are you? Or a guy who likes to watch? Please don't be one of those creeps!"

"I'm not! Don't worry about that," assured Brian. "I decided to adjust my priorities. Being able to spend a lot of quality time with Tim and not being a part-time dad became my first objective. Living with Brenda, rather than divorcing her, seemed like the best way to accomplish it. I started working nights, and that's always been tough on our sex life. I built a nice apartment over my detached garage and I live there. I told Brenda it was so I could get sleep during the day without being pestered and annoyed by everyday shit."

"She wasn't happy about the sleeping arrangements, but Grant told her every time she had sex with me, he'd insist on banging her in our marital bed. That seemed to worry her, just not enough to stop fucking him. She thinks her affair is a secret and wants to keep it that way. I didn't tell her, but I won't be having sex with her for any reason. I went to the clinic and was tested for STD's. I'm clean. I want to keep it that way."

"You're serious? You heard that? The bitch! How can she treat a guy like you so badly? What a jerk that guy is!" fumed Gertrude. "All the single moms think you'd be a great catch."

"I think you may have an inflated opinion of my desirability. I've never been the matinee idol type. I do have a good job, so that might make me look better to some of the more desperate women," offered Brian.

"Are you kidding? Look how handsome you are! You have a wonderful smile," pointed out Gertrude. "You're strong, kind, smart and great with kids. If I weren't so plain looking and flat-chested, I'd have already tossed my hat into the ring, along with my full A cup bra. I think... I'd better shut the hell up!"

"Thanks for being a good enough friend to tell me what people are saying and thinking," replied Brian with a frown. "I didn't realize everyone knew I'm a cuckold. It's pretty embarrassing. I can't keep my own wife happy. I'm a world class wimp."

"You're a good man who wants to be a good father to his son! You're strong enough to endure this bullshit so you can have a great relationship with Tim. Horace thinks you're pretty cool, too."

"Who?" asked Brian.

"You must be feeling better if you can tease me about Horace's name," observed Gertrude with a smile.

"Minx, you're a great friend. You've kept me from getting my head stuck too far up my ass. I just hope Tim doesn't find out."

"That horse has either left the barn or is getting damn close," revealed Gertrude. "Horace says Tim knows things aren't right at home. You pretty much avoid his mother. He's bound to hear something when so many people know about it.

"You know what worries me?" added Gertrude. "Horace is sweet on Heather Grant. How awkward is that for him, and for me? She's a nice girl. She's got no idea what a miserable prick her father is."

"I'm just glad Tim isn't the one sniffing around Heather" stated Brian. "What a mess that would be. I should be happy for small favors."

"Horace tells me Tim is pretty interested in Holly Ingram, but that shouldn't surprise you very much. She comes to every game and cheers for every move he makes," stated a smiling Gertrude.

"Yes, I've noticed her hanging around. She seems like a nice girl, I knew her dad and uncles in school," recalled Brian. "They're a good family.

Two nights later, Tim's team was playing in the first round of the district championships. Brian realized as game time drew closer he was probably more nervous than Tim. It didn't help that the usual three single mothers were determined to get his attention.

Norma Wilson was wearing a top that exposed a good portion of her ample breasts. She kept finding reasons to lean over in front of Brian to pick something up or look for something. Brian had to admit her cleavage was spectacular.

Brandi Dorn kept her boobs covered, but with a very tight and form fitting sweater. Her small waist and flat stomach served to accentuate the allure of her full, firm breasts. She constantly asked Brian questions about the team and the players.

Jillian Paterson was less subtle. For some reason, she had to stand close enough to Brian to keep her impressive chest pressed against his arm or side. Gertrude gave him a knowing smirk as she handed him a soda and hot dog before returning to her seat on the first base side of the diamond.

Brian noticed all three ladies found some reason to leave his general vicinity, all at the same time. He thought it was odd until he heard a familiar voice behind him.

"I thought I'd join my husband this afternoon to watch my son play. I didn't realize I'd have to wade through so many admirers to reach him," observed Brenda, more loudly than necessary. "What's going on, Brian?"

"The game hasn't stated yet, but Tim looked pretty good in batting practice," replied Brian in effort to deflect the question.

"Nice try," snapped Brenda. "Why were those women hanging around you like flies on a turd? It's a good thing you aren't allergic to silicone."

"If you're asking me to explain the workings of the female mind, you're out of luck. I have no idea," admitted Brian. "I'm even surprised you're here."

"My son is playing in an important game! I'm here to support him. Obviously other mothers are here. Apparently, some of them are not here just for their kids."

"You've been too busy to come to the games," observed Brian. "How did you get away from your obligations today?"

Brenda glanced at her husband when he mentioned her "obligations". She briefly wondered if he was he implying something. As quickly as the thought entered her mind, she dismissed it. If he had any suspicions, he would have been much angrier and far more confrontational. One thing she knew about Brian was he would never accept her cheating. If he knew, he'd let her know about it in a very obvious way.

"I made time. This game is important for Tim, which makes it important for me. I've hardly seen you since you went on the night shift so I thought it would be nice to spend some time together cheering for Tim," reasoned Brenda.

As Brenda and Brian sat down in the bleachers, she noticed she was being watched by several of the other mothers and they didn't appear to be all that friendly. Brenda wondered about that. What could she have possibly done to annoy the other mothers? This was the first game she had attended. She had no other form of interaction with any of them, so she could think of no reason for them to dislike her.

Brenda then noticed Gertrude sitting off to the side. As usual, she failed to stand out in any way, although Brenda noticed her hair had been professionally done and her legs looked good in a pair of shorts, which may have been a little too short, especially considering the cool temperatures of the day.

The game began and Brian's attention was riveted on the playing field. The first two batters struck out before Tim stepped into the batter's box. Brenda was worried for her son when she saw how fast the first pitch was and how close to his head it had been.

The second pitch was low and away from Tim, but he connected solidly and lined it over first base for a standup double. Scooter was the next batter. Brenda noticed that he seemed older, stronger and more confident than he had been last summer.

The first pitch popped into the catcher's mitt close to Scooter's head. If he hadn't leaned back, it might have hit him! Brenda heard Brian chuckle as Scooter prepared for the next pitch.

"Trying to intimidate those two boys is a big mistake," stated Brian to those within hearing. "I just hope the pitcher tries to sneak a fastball by Scooter."

The other spectators nodded in agreement as the pitcher went into his delivery. He was a hard thrower and he put something extra on the next pitch. There was a loud crack as Scooter's bat met the baseball as it crossed the plate. Oohs and aahs echoed across the bleachers as the ball disappeared over the centerfield fence. Tim trotted across the plate and waited for his friend to touch home plate before exchanging high fives.

Gertrude was beaming with pride as her son circled the bases. She glanced over at Brian only to see small tears on his cheeks. He had spent countless hours working on fielding and batting with Tim and her son. His pleasure and pride was almost palpable. Gertrude was extremely grateful for the mentoring Brian had provided her son since their arrival. Horace was growing into a fine young man and Brian had played a huge part in his character development.

Brenda drove to the pizza shop to join Brian and Tim as the team celebrated the win. She found a parking space quite far from the door. By the time she entered the restaurant, she saw both Norma Wilson and Brandi Dorn standing way too close to her husband. Their big boobs were in frequent contact with his arms, back and chest as he helped sort out the drinks for the boys.

Brenda wasn't surprised when they seemed to disappear as she approached. It caused her to mentally repeat a conversation she had two weeks prior with her lover, Bill Grant.

"It's about time we got it on in your bed, don't you think?" pushed Bill as Brenda was getting dressed after a sex session. "Banging you in your husband's bed really gets my motor running."

"You said you wouldn't do it in our bed again until Brian and I had sex," reminded Brenda. "I'm not comfortable risking it."

"Are you actually telling me you haven't had sex with your husband since the day we fucked in your house?" asked her incredulous lover. "You said I should shut him off for as long as I could and you wouldn't press me to have sex in our house until he made love to me. He went on nightshift that day and has been sleeping in a room over the garage. We haven't even shared a handshake since."