Love of Autism Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hey kids. How was school?"

"Good," Sarah answered, "Scott almost got beat up by Katie's ex before Colin's older brother came to his aid."

That got Jackie's attention instantly. "Wait, what happened?"

Scott glared at his younger sister who only smiled back at him. "Nothing you need to worry about Mom."

"Nothing to worry about?" Jackie asked with a questioning look.

"Yes, nothing to worry about."

"I'm going to worry anyway."

"And that is your duty as my mom to worry about me."

Jackie shook her head, sometimes wondering to herself how she puts up with Scott and some of his smartass comments. "Well you better be on your best behavior this weekend while Katie stays with us."

Now it was Scott's turned to be shocked. "Wait, why?"

"Is Katie's mom not letting her stay home alone anymore or something?" Sarah asked equally shocked.

"Not exactly," Jackie replied. "Her mom just doesn't like it when she is home alone while she is on a business trip."

"So Katie could just stay home alone then and not spend the weekend here?" Sarah asked, hoping that was the case.

"If Katie wanted to yes, but I'm sure spending more time with Scott would be a nice bonus along with home cooked meals instead of delivery, fast food, or take out."

"I'm not against it," Scott said happily.

"Of course you wouldn't...wait, you hate surprises like this," Sarah realized, "Why aren't you mad about mom just springing this up on you?"

"This is a surprise I'm more than happy with," Scott responded.

"Not once you hear what the rules are going to be while she is over," Jackie said.

Scott rolled his eyes in annoyance. "No being in each other's bedroom, no unnecessary amounts of kissing in front of anyone, and no touching each other's privates. Did I miss anything?"

"Yes, you two must have your homework done by dinner Saturday if you want to go out and do anything fun."

"What? That's not fair at all. We have more than enough time on Sunday to do our homework."

"I know that, but I also know you two will be too distracted by each other to want to do anything else, so that is the rule for this weekend and any other weekend she or Colin," Jackie said staring at her daughter, "will be spending with us."

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Sarah asked.

"Because it is possible a situation might come up where Colin or another boy you're dating will be spending the weekend with us and I want to make sure you realize all these rules for Scott and Katie apply to you as well."

"You have no reason to worry at all Mom," Sarah said.

"Just making sure you understand the point as I'm sure Scott does," Jackie said, turning her attention back to her son, "is understanding how serious I am about this."

"I get it Mom," Scott said, growing annoyed with his mom's lecture. "Katie and I will be on our best behavior and pull no funny business."

"Good, because it is also your responsibility to make sure the guest bedroom is ready for her. Sheets and pillow cases washed, everything dusted and carpet vacuumed."

"Jeez, why not also have...I'll stop myself before I say something stupid and add more to the list."

"Smart," Jackie replied, "because after all you are on laundry duty the rest of this week as it is for being smart with me."

Scott opened his mouth like he wanted to say something, but immediately shut it. He knew that if he complained his mom would just add dishes or some other chores. As much as he hated it, he had no choice but to suck it up and just do as he is told.

**************************************************

Katie took a deep breath as she turned the key and turned off the engine. As excited as she was to spend a weekend with Scott and his family, she was still very nervous about being around Scott for such an extended period of time. Then there was the fact that his sister still wasn't her biggest fan. Sure, Sarah had admitted that she thought she was good for Scott, but only begrudgingly, so that she wouldn't actually break up with him. This was going to be an interesting weekend to say the least.

She got out of the car and popped open the trunk, pulling out a small suitcase and her backpack and walked to the front door. Before she even got halfway there the door opened up with Scott standing there, happy to see her. As she crossed the threshold and entered the house, she dropped her suitcase on the floor and gave Scott a tight hug, one which he reciprocated.

"I'm glad we get to try this and see how much you can put up with me," Scott said.

Katie couldn't help but laugh. "I'm sure you'll have to put up with me a little as well," she said, starting to separate herself from the hug, "but I think your mom went a little overboard with the homework deadline."

"Yeah and I've actually thought about that," Scott said nervously.

Katie noticed the nervous look and had a feeling she was going to like what he was about to suggest. "Ok..."

"What if we get it done tonight after dinner, that way we have all day Saturday to do what we want to do."

Katie immediately dropped her shoulders and pouted. "Really? Doing homework on a Friday night?"

"Rather do it in the middle of the day Saturday or just not do it and kinda be forced to be bored all Saturday night?"

Katie was starting to see the logic behind Scott's thinking, but still didn't like the thought of doing homework on a Friday night. "How about doing half of the homework tonight and the rest right after lunch?"

"That could work," Scott agreed.

"You know it might be nice for you to show Katie her room before dinner," Sarah said, knowing exactly how to get under her brother's skin.

Scott rolled his eyes hating the interruption but also knew his sister was right. "Come on," he said grabbing Katie's suitcase. "I'll show you where you'll be sleeping." He guided her up the stairs and down the hall to an open door. "This is your bedroom for the next two nights."

Katie looked at the room and felt very comfortable with it. The walls were a light blue with a full size bed against the far wall. A small desk was against another wall, perfect for doing homework.

"I like it," Katie said walking into it and setting her suitcase against the bed. She decided to sit on the edge of the bed.

"I know it's probably not as nice as your room at home," Scott said.

Katie looked at him with a smile, "Well my bedroom isn't nearly as close to you as this room is."

"I think I'm going to be sick," Sarah said as she walked by, covering her mouth pretending like she wanted to throw up.

"Grow up Sarah," Scott said, "like you and Colin never say stuff like that to each other."

"Not nearly as sickening as what you two say to each other," Sarah replied. "Maybe it wouldn't be so bad once you two get out of the honeymoon phase."

"Maybe I'll just kick your ass in Mario Kart again to get you to shut up," Katie challenged.

"Please, you just got lucky."

"Then race me again or shut up."

"I don't see what I have to gain by beating you."

"Endless amounts of smartass comments towards me for the weekend that I take and not say anything back."

"And if I lose?" Sarah asked, wanting to know how high the stakes were.

"Next time Scott and I double date with you and your boyfriend, we," Katie pointed to herself and Scott, "get to choose the activity of the date and where we eat and I will be more than happy to let Scott buy everything in that case."

"That is one steep cost on me, but..." Sarah trailed off in thought for a second before making her decision, "one additional condition. I go with you and Scott if you leave the house so I can harass you and him as I please as well."

Scott didn't like the sound of that but before he could object, Katie agreed.

"Deal. Now, shall I proceed to leave you behind in a pile of banana peels?"

"More like leave you stopped in the middle of the track after I hit you with endless shells."

Scott sighed in resignation hoping for the best that Katie would win, but feared that Sarah might get to endlessly harass his girlfriend for the weekend.

Sarah led Katie to the basement where the Nintendo console was. She turned it and the TV on as Katie grabbed two controllers, handing one to Sarah.

"Best of seven," Sarah said as she sat on the couch, "loser of each race picks the next track. It is house rules that the guest always picks the first track."

Katie smiled knowing which track she wanted to pick first, "Bowser's Castle".

Sarah tried to hide her annoyance at the pick, but Scott could see it. He knew that his sister hated that track as she always seemed to make the wrong turn or get hit with a shell at the exact wrong time to fall off the track.

The first race went just as Scott thought it would with Katie winning very easily. After that though none of the races were outright wins. They traded wins the rest of the races with Sarah nearly stealing one win if it weren't for a well-timed red shell to stop her. Katie nearly won the sixth race to win it all, but forgot where she placed a dummy item box and hit it, allowing Sarah to pass her and never getting the lead back. Each race seemed to be more competitive and neither said anything until the race was over.

Now it was Katie's turn to pick the last track. She started to wish she waited on picking Bowser's Castle, but knew she needed the early win. There was only one track left that she was confident in that she would win and it seemed fitting to end this racing series. She selected the famous Rainbow Road and Sarah smiled as she said, "A fitting track to end this".

The race was intense from the start as they both managed to get the boost when the light hit green. Katie was able to take an early lead, but lost it fast as she was hit with a well-aimed green shell. To her, it was just a small setback as Rainbow Road is also the longest track in Mario Kart so losing the lead early meant nothing. It wasn't until the second lap that she regained the lead, but lost it a few seconds later when she hit a banana peel. To make matters worse, she spun into the roaming Chomp Chomp and was blasted into the air. Now she was really behind and had to make no more mistakes.

Sarah was enjoying her big lead as she started the third and final lap. All she had to do was not do anything stupid and have a shell on the back of her kart to make sure Katie wouldn't get it. She was halfway through the lap and making great time. Nothing could stop her, except for the Chomp Chomp that was coming right at her as she making a long turn. By the time she saw it there was nothing she could do but hit it. She took a deep breath, trying to calm her frustrated nerves, knowing full well that Katie was gaining on her.

Katie glanced over to see that Sarah was stopped and knew that she had to hit her with something to have a chance of catching up to her. Then it happened. She hit an item box and it gave her a spiked shell. The one and only shell in the game that as long as it didn't hit a wall within seconds of launching it, it would hit whoever was in first place at the time. She triggered the spiked shell but waited for a straightaway before launching it. A few seconds later Sarah was hit by the shell. "Dammit!" she cursed, knowing that Katie was right on her ass and she had to get moving.

Katie not only caught up, but passed Sarah before she was even at half speed, building up a small lead. There wasn't much time left for Sarah to do something, but the last set of item boxes gave her the items she desperately needed, three red shells. Katie only got one banana peel and had already launched it behind her hoping Sarah would hit it securing her victory.

Sarah made the final turn and now it was just a straight shot to the finish line. She launched all three red shells. None of them hit the wall so they immediately homed in on Katie. As luck would have it though, the first red shell hit the banana peel Katie had deployed. The second and third red shells hit Katie but instead of stopping her kart, it tumbled and rolled past the finish line for the win.

Sarah's jaw dropped in disbelief as she saw Katie cross first. Katie on the other hand raised her arms in victory. "Yes!" she exclaimed, very happy that Sarah wasn't going to be harassing her endlessly for the weekend.

"Oh...my...god!" Sarah said slowly, still in disbelief at what just happened.

"Ok, so I think we all should head upstairs for dinner," Scott suggested. "I'm sure dad will be home soon with the pizzas."

"What pizzas did he get?" Katie asked as she sat up.

"One pepperoni and one meat lovers." Sarah still just sat on the couch with her mouth still wide open. "Sarah, are you coming up?"

Sarah looked at her brother with mixed emotions coming across her face. "Did you see that? How did that happen?"

Scott let out a sigh. Sarah had always been a sore loser whether it was video games, cards games, or board games. She never took any loss well and this one seemed to sting the most. "I'll meet you upstairs," he said to Katie before walking over to his sister and sitting with her. Katie went upstairs to give them some space.

"It's bad enough she is spending the weekend with us," Sarah started, but that is as far as she got.

"Why do you still hate her?" Scott asked.

"Because she was always a bitch to you and she doesn't deserve anything good to happen to her," Sarah responded.

"Yet you want me and her to be together."

Sarah nodded her head, "Well yeah. You seem happier with her as your girlfriend."

"Yes, because I've forgiven her of everything she used to do to me. The only person who hasn't let go is you."

"Because she..."

"Stop!" Scott said in a tone that told Sarah he was done with this. "You are just making things harder for yourself and in the end just being more miserable. Just give her a real chance. That is all I ask."

"Fine," Sarah said rolling her eyes, "but you know you could do better than Katie."

Scott smiled and laughed at the comment. "Just because I could do better doesn't mean the relationship would be better."

"Seriously?" Sarah asked incredulously. "There are many women out there much better than..."

"No there aren't," Scott interrupted again, "and if you want to go on hating her for what she did in the past, then go the fuck ahead and treat her the exact same way she treated me."

"She treated you so much worse," she argued.

"And you are ready to go down the exact same path. You were willing to be a complete bitch to her for the whole weekend and harass her constantly. Does that remind you of what she used to do to me?"

"I'm not as bad as her and she would deserve every bit of it!"

"And when would it stop? If she and I got married would you still harass her? How long would you hold this grudge against her when I have dropped it? At what point would you realize you are becoming exactly who she used to be?"

"I'm not becoming her!"

"Fine," Scott said done arguing with Sarah, "but if you continue to be a bitch to her, I won't be helping you out with Colin. No more double dates and I won't ever cover for you if you decide to sneak off with him somewhere."

"Whatever," Sarah said as she got up and headed upstairs. Scott sat there on the couch for a minute to calm and collect himself. He was sick of Sarah always being a bitch to Katie and it was getting really old fast. He needed to convince Katie to get her homework done sooner rather than later so they could get out of the house and be away from Sarah.

Once he calmed himself down he went upstairs to find his dad was home with the pizza.

****************************************

Sarah woke up earlier than she wanted to the next morning. When she looked at her phone it said it was only seven in the morning and her parents didn't start making breakfast until eight. Resigned to the fact though that she wouldn't get another ounce of sleep, she got out of her bed and went downstairs to the family room to watch TV. She stopped though when she saw Katie at the kitchen table doing homework.

"What are you doing up so early?"

Katie glanced over at Sarah before fixing her gaze back onto her tablet. "Couldn't sleep all that well so around six I figured screw it. I'm just going to work on some homework so that maybe Scott and I can go out tonight."

"That's if Scott doesn't procrastinate," Sarah pointed out.

"True," Katie set down her tablet on the table, "but we need to talk."

Sarah looked at Katie confused. "Talk about what?"

"About your hatred for me."

Sarah rolled her eyes. "There is nothing anyone can say to change my mind that you aren't worth hating."

Katie looked right at Sarah. "It is really worth hating me?"

"I hate you for what you've done to my brother and know you are just going to hurt him again at some point."

"How do you know I'm going to hurt him? After all, you were the one who wanted me to let him know things were good between me and him."

"That is only because my parents told your mom what he was about to do with the pictures of your dad cheating on your mom. He was afraid you were going to breakup with him. That had nothing to do with you hurting him."

"Ok, but you still think I'm going to hurt him so that is worth being a bitch to me?"

"It is well worth being a bitch to you and don't try to tell me I'm becoming more like you."

"You are not becoming like me. You are becoming more like my mom."

That accusation caught Sarah completely off guard. "Your... mom?"

Katie nodded her head. "Yes, her hatred towards your parents just because of one letter that your father left her. The blind rage she had is the same you are showing for me."

"But what my dad did and what you've done to my brother are two separate things!" Sarah argued.

"I'm not saying you aren't somewhat justified for hating me, but the girl you hate isn't sitting here. I'm not the same girl who bullied your brother. I know you are more than the bitch you are to me and I've seen it with how you are with Colin. You care about your brother. All I ask is that you do give me a chance."

Sarah came over and sat down at the table. She took a minute to gather her thoughts and think about what she wanted to say. "I just... you were always so mean to my brother and said so many times you just made fun of him and his autism. He came home crying so many days because of your bullying. It got so bad that mom and dad thought that he might commit suicide so they had him see a psychologist."

"Wait, Scott was suicidal?" Katie asked as a sense of guilt came over her.

"Yeah, he was really depressed. He would just lay in his bed, not play video games or watch TV. He was just withdrawn from...Katie," Sarah noticed that Katie was starting cry. "Are you OK?"

Katie wiped the tears from her eyes and shook her head. "I didn't know it was that bad. I knew I was a complete bitch to him, but..." Katie sniffed and wiped another tear, "I never thought... I..." Katie didn't even know what else to say as she continued to cry. She became disgusted with herself and who she was.

Sarah wanted to help, but didn't know to do. As much as she still hated Katie, she did feel she could see that the reality of what she had put Scott through was really starting to hit her. Sarah decided to leave the table and go to the family room to watch some TV.

Katie continued to cry for a few minutes before she was able to calm herself and stop the tears. She picked up her tablet and tried to continue doing her homework but was struggling to focus. After fifteen minutes she set down her tablet again and started to cry again.

Jackie had just came out of her bedroom and heard Katie crying as she came down the stairs. "What's wrong Katie?" she asked as she came to the table and sat next to her.

Katie looked at Jackie, her face and eyes red from all the tears. "I didn't know."