All Comments on 'Love Shack'

by Quinn_McMullen

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 2 years ago

Very nice read! Five stars well earned.

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you Story Teller!

WittonWittonover 2 years ago

Five stars. I liked the author's attention to period detail - I miss the days when guys carried rubbers - it seems clinical to use that word - there is something deliciously illicit about "rubbers" - it was old married folks that used condoms

SnowharpSnowharpover 2 years ago

Well written and edited. I enjoyed the pace and descriptive style which was not ‘over engineered’. It flowed well and it was easy to get carried along by the narrative. I look forward to reading more of your stories. Thank you.

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Witton - Things were very different then. It was an amazing time to come of age. I remember my brother catching hell from my old man when he found a rubber in his walet.

@ Snow Harp - I got to work with two very good editors (see page 1). I stongly recommend our editor program to all writers.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Great job, Quinn, capturing the period and the relatively carefree time before AIDS as well as the easy flowing, well-edited writing style. The part with Marianne was really special, too. The only thing I would have liked to have seen added (and this is purely from my romantic side) was in the little epilogue for Pat to call out to Marianne that he’d be there in a moment or something similar to imply they eventually got together. Great job, 5*

rskeer56rskeer56over 2 years ago

Very well written/edited. Loved the story

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Southern Crossfire - I considered that, but I also considered a follow up story. Once the semester is going I may write a follow up. The five primary characters are people I really like. I think I want to find out what happens to them.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

An excellent romp and ideal for this contest. Thought more might come from the part involving Marianne as that seemed more romantic but perhaps you have plans to bring them back together in a sequel, after all they're at different universities for the moment . All the main characters were well fleshed out and learnedvfrom each other during this holiday. 5 stars.

Hope to read more of your stories, do keep writing.

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

@Ravey - That was my thought.

ttom76ttom76over 2 years ago

I enjoyed your story. I forgave you your opening diatribe that seat belts and STDs were not a concern in the mid 80s. They sure were in California, especially in the Bay Area. Herpes and AIDS were front and center by then. We never could legally drink under 21.

My brother got a ticket for not wearing a seat belt then, about 1986 or 7. What you described fit our 1970s.

That's a minor quibble to a fun romantic story. I agree with SouthernCrossfire. (I should as I wouldn't want to be in his cross hairs!)

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Tom 76 - Yeah, I'm not a California person. My comments were about flyover country.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

An amazing summer loving story. very well done. The biggest disappointment was he of closure with Marianne. Easily five stars!

Quinn_McMullenQuinn_McMullenover 2 years agoAuthor

A follow on story focusing on Marianne and Pat is in the works. I hope to have it out in the next two weeks.

yarnspinnerryarnspinnerrover 2 years ago

Wow that was one HOT summer! ;->

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is an excellent drama with complex interrelationships, well written by the author. The romantic atmosphere that pervades this entire story is marvelous, and really gives the mood of the story a sweet, tender feel that is absolutely compelling. Five stars.

afosi2604afosi2604over 1 year ago

Actually read the sequel first, then this one. Both were excellent reads. Will now read the rest. 5*...

Rhino77PIlotRhino77PIlot6 months ago

Wonderful. I remember those heady days making love to my girlfriend (mid 60s), she became my fiancé in 67, and my wife in 68. We made love on the beach listening to the waves crashing ashore, under the shade of eucalyptus trees, in the midst of vineyards and fruit orchards, and in the various vehicles we went to drive-in movie theaters. We honeymooned in San Francisco and enjoyed ourselves thoroughly for 50 years. Along the way we made love from Bankok to Berlin (the long way) and lots of places in between. Along the way we had 2 kids, 5 grandchildren, and 1 great-grandson before she passed away. Since then we've had another great-grandson and a great grand-daughter. It has been a wonderful life that all started with a romance between 2 starstruck kids....

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuinn_McMullen@Quinn_McMullen
A collaboration that Erin Page and I put together has been published. It combined her Virginia Beach stories and my Gabrielle story. Here is the link: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=6246638&page=submissions I strongly recommend Erin's Virginia Beach st...