All Comments on 'Love Stories'

by MattblackUK

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
CagivagurlCagivagurlover 2 years ago

Awesome story... Thought it was an interesting read. Well done, great story... 5 Stars.

Cagivagurl

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
Nice soft story

With a happy (Taciturn) ending

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

Why didn't he get divorced first, then pursue the unfair dismissal? Giving half the money to his ex-wife was absurd.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Average and pointless story

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

too brief

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Not bad, but it definitely fizzled out at the end. The most engaging part was his phone call with Penny, and that wasn't really rousing enough to serve as a lynchpin.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"it won't be cheap" - As the old joke say, why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it!

\

"Arthur sacked his nephew." - While I obviously have no sympathy for the nephew, who DOES deserve to be fired, the situation was in Arthur's control, he could have nipped it in the bud instead of enabling it.

\

I don't know the law, either in general or in England in particular, but it would seem to me that since the payout was due to her cheating, that she shouldn't benefit from it.

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Pretty weak effort...

Eveready1999Eveready1999over 2 years ago

Good kernel of a story but you went way too light weight.... in the end very mediocre...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pleasent story. A win-win for the good guy. Only Arthur and his nephew hit hard, but the wife, although not blameless, shouldn't have been (and wasn't) burned at the stake for loving another.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

wow that was soooo blah

all he got was 80,000 pounds ?

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 2 years ago

I do enjoy these trips to the British Isles, Literotica-wise. NIce story and well written. Good job!

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

A lovely romantic story, l enjoyed it. Forget the detractors, if you can impress little old me you are good.

Well worth 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cymro !

5 from me.

ctdansctdansover 2 years ago

so he was named after some actor that his mom had the hots for. I wonder how his father felt about that? If they had a daughter how would she feel if the kid was named after the dads crush?

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

A dry and rather taciturn story, in the stiff upper lip manner. Still very good and I enjoyed it immensely.

MormonJackMormonJackover 2 years ago

Good. 5*. And taciturn. ;)

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

The pieces were there, but the story felt sort of empty. There wasnt much to pull me in emotionally when it came to the MC.

I think a bit more effort and depth would have made this a far better story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well within the LW average time between filing for divorce and meeting the next missus. That average being, of course, 17 days. Ho hum.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lawyers are absurdly expensive in Britain, if the 5k pound number is accurate.

BIGGUY441956BIGGUY441956over 2 years ago

Matt, your story went smooth as most of your writing does. You always find something slightly different to put in to make it different from your other works. This just did not have the zing some of your other works, so I couldn't give you a 5. But I still look forward to reading more of your writings. Good effort and thanks.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 2 years ago

i managed a 4, but barely

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 2 years ago

Matt is always straight to the point; I like that. No sneaking around, no long involved plans, he called her. I love it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

About as good as the food, but thanks for the effort.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Pointless, by-the-numbers storytelling. Weak effort.

stev2244stev2244over 2 years ago

Very British, entertaining and well done. 5*

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 2 years ago

Thank you Matt, or diolch yn fawr, if you prefer. Definitely a good move changing to Brain's SA from the trendy chemical tasting brew dog rubbish. Anyway good little tale that, always enjoy your work.

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 2 years ago

Yay!! My twin posts another story. Thank you, Mr. Black. Write another, please. Randi.

robinhodrobinhodover 2 years ago

Well written, as we expect, but I thought it was a bit lightweight.

Everything slotted into place so very neatly.

No angst, no drama.

Bit disappointing really.

Nice to read English English.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A decent 4. In many ways, this felt routine, but I found it to be a good enough rendition of the theme assigned by Professor RandI, so it was a worthwhile few minutes reading this.

BriteaseBriteaseover 2 years ago

Being taciturn myself ……. Good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"My boss, friend and mentor was really a lowlife piece of shit..."

.

While getting the settlement against the company and noting the repercussions against the company was good, some actual interaction with Long would seem apropos.

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Well written, but lacked tension. It read as if it was written out of a contractual obligation. Not up to your usual high quality.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Would have liked to see an epilog where they run into Penny years later with their children and find that not only did Dave cheat on her, they never had children because he didn't want kids. Then lonely twice divorced Penny finally realizes what she had and threw away. Very good as is also.

GriscomGriscomover 2 years ago

Nice. I didn't mind no angst and no drama.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

****Good piece of storytelling. Thanks for sharing.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

too fast, felt like a race. would have been a lot better more fleshed out. maybe add a little bit more of day to day and his emotions that he was feeling. a rebound love that lasts idk i've seen more weirder things happen. just happened so fast though idk maybe more on the therapy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

How much money did Lewis lose by not talking to Penny first, and given what she said, letting her file and pay for the divorce?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As you say Penny's parents Beatles fans and her grandparents pink Floyd!!

Forto02Forto02over 2 years ago

Nice story, 5 stars from me.

But...

It could have had some more threats against "Taciturn".

His problem solutions were too straightforward.

Anyway, I did like what you wrote, and I thank you for it.

Forto02

superdandy123superdandy123over 2 years ago

enjoyed it, good effort. the plot is straight forward and to the point.

it ended prematurely for me with the romance part a bit lacking, would've loved reading a much bigger chunk of the love story between Carys and Lewis.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 2 years ago

Nice job and appropriately British. It felt to me like the ending was a little rushed and an opportunity was missed to expand on the new relationship and its development. Still, enjoyable tale.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

A good idea.

But not much meat on the bones.

4 out of 5 from me.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalover 2 years ago

is Lewis or Louis not a first name over there? im distracted and i've only reached the second paragraph,

rodryder44rodryder44over 2 years ago

Too brief; is this a rough draft for a longer story? I like the outline a lot.

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirensabout 2 years ago

5* I liked it. Not too long, not too short. Just right!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

4 Stars on this one . I hope he doesn't have an ex wife and Daughter like I had . The ex cheated and My Ex daughter was her Alibi . The daughter stabbed me in the back in court . I will Never Ever buy her any presents for Birthdays or weddings .

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year agoAuthor

Anon, I'm so sorry to hear that.

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Great again, but I have a serious question that I need answered as I read so many Brit stories. Is there a difference between being a solicitor and a barrister?

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months agoAuthor

https://www.chartlands.org/what-is-the-difference-between-a-barrister-and-solicitor/#:~:text=The%20basic%20way%20to%20define,place%20outside%20of%20the%20courtroom.

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy9 months ago

Liked the story but i t does distract from the story when the names get turned around. Dave Rogers became Porter …. Other than that good show

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

@26thNC below Broadly speaking in the UK (Scotland is different) Both Solicitors and Barristers are legally trained but only a Barrister may act as council in court. Solicitors can execute wills, handle legal aspects of property sale, advise you during Police interviews etc but anything involving a Court appearance needs a Barrister

Medussa55Medussa559 months ago

Probably the best he could do with the UK's screwed up legal system.

The story needed more at the end rather than just the 'and then we got divorced and I moved'.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Did I miss something? Why would you hire a PI to get evidence of adultery and then tell your cheating wife you know who she is sleeping with before you have evidence to backup your accusation?

SatyrDickSatyrDick3 months ago

[04.02.24]

So if Penny Lane's father Arnold Lane was a Beatles fan...were his parents Pink Floyd fans???

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMattblackUK@MattblackUK
Writer for over 30 years. Hack journalist, decided to try writing for Literotica, too. And still having fun here 10+ years later

SIMILAR Stories