Lovers' Veil

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She managed to hold back her tears until returning to her bedchamber. Once there, she sat on the edge of her quilt-covered mattress and sobbed.

After a while, she pulled herself together enough to stop crying. Wiping her eyes, she stood and padded over to a tall, handcrafted wardrobe. Opening it, she removed a long strip of gauzy yellow silk and wrapped herself in it. Closing the wardrobe, she crossed to a set of double doors and opened them, stepping out onto her private balcony.

She stood at the chest-high stone guard rail, looking out, smelling the fragrance of the blossoms growing on the trellis below her. The kingdom that her father ruled stretched out away for miles upon miles, a living patchwork of fields and forestland, pastures and meadows. Here and there, small streams crisscrossed the land. In the distance, tiny due to the perspective, was a river that she knew to be wide and fierce.

One day this would all have been mine, too. Now, if I stay, if I live, I shall be forced to marry Leurre. When Father is gone, all of this will pass to Leurre. And he will ruin it as he just tried to ruin me. I can't - I won't - allow him to despoil this kingdom.

She looked down, checking for guards. She saw no one. Not allowing herself time to think about it, she climbed over the guardrail and onto the trellis. She knew the trellis would hold her weight, as she had tested it before as a means of emergency escape.

Without looking down, Rhyannon climbed. When she reached the ground long minutes later her fingers and toes ached from the stress of maintaining their grip on the wooden slats. Her injured shoulder sent jolts of pain through her arm with every movement. She paused, glancing around.

If I tell Father that Leurre tried to rape me it would do no good. Leurre has Father too firmly under his spell. I'm just lucky that there's enough doubt to have made Leurre leave my chambers before. But Father will only see and hear what Leurre wants him to. Father will do only what Leurre wants him to do. Leurre doesn't need me to clinch his rule on my Father's kingdom. He already has control!

Stepping away from the castle wall, the trellis and the tangles of carefully cultivated floral vines, she pointed herself in the direction of Gnomehearth Forest. She set out at a run, needing to put as much distance as possible between herself and Leurre. As she ran, she wondered why she had chosen Gnomehearth Forest as her destination.

Not my destination. It's just a stop along the way. But why bother? It's not as if he'll be there, watching and waiting for me to return to that clearing. I'll never see him again. Ever. Whatever led to him being able to see me, to spy on me, was a fluke. He's gone.

Yet she refused to change course and ran for Gnomehearth Forest.

Green fields passed quickly as her petite form nearly flew along. Her feet scarcely touched the ground in her haste.

She was nearly to the outer edges of Gnomehearth Forest when Leurre swung from behind a tree to grab her. She was so stunned by his appearance that several seconds passed before she found her voice.

"Let go of me!" she shouted, struggling.

He was already dragging her in the direction of the castle. He walked, making no reply.

Rhyannon twisted, struggling in his too tight grip. "You have no right to touch me! Release me!" She brought up a hand, beating on his misshapen chest.

The changeling threw her to the ground, leaping atop her, pinning her. His face pressed in close to her own. She gasped, frozen by thoughts of what he was about to inflict upon her. Her heart hammered in her chest, her pulse drumming in her ears. "Princess...no one is out here but us. I could do anything I wanted to do to you. Keep that in mind. I could rip the clothing from your body once more, force myself upon you, into you. I could spend hours enjoying your lovely young body in ways you can't even begin to imagine! If, when I was finished, you were too badly broken, I could simply leave you out here for the wolves or trolls to find. You are completely at my mercy. Do you understand that?"

"Yes," she said. The word came out as a weak little whimper.

"Good. You will learn to accept me, accept that I am part of your life. You not love me now, you may not ever come to love me. You need not love me to marry me and satisfy my urges. But you will accept me!"

She was sickened by his words, yet too terrified to resume her struggle. She was amazed when he stood and yanked her back to her feet. He gripped her wrist tightly with his moist, clammy fingers.

"Move," he ordered. "Back to the castle."

Too relived to argue, she did as he said. He walked beside her the entire way back, not once letting go of her wrist.

Upon returning to the castle, the changeling took her directly to her father's chambers and pounded loudly on the heavy double doors.

The doors opened a moment later, revealing her father, King Oakenmace Ensorcelledlight. He stared at Rhyannon and Leurre, stunned.

"What's going on?" the King asked.

Leurre shoved her into her father's sitting chamber and followed her inside.

"I went to visit her earlier," the changeling said, not allowing Rhyannon time to speak. "I simply wanted to visit her."

"He tried to rape me!" Rhyannon screamed.

"Silence, daughter! Leurre? Continue, please."

"When I tried to civil to her, she reacted as she always does, ordering me out. Not wishing to upset her, I left."

"Liar!"

The King waved her quiet and motioned for the changeling to speak again.

Leurre bowed slightly, saying, "I'm afraid that she tried to run away, sire."

"What?" the King gasped, turning his full attention to Rhyannon for the first time.

"I'm left with no choice! If I stay, I'll either be made to marry this...creature...or dead by my own hand!"

Leurre stepped closer to the King. "I suspected she might try something like that and was watching her."

"You were spying on me?" Rhyannon asked, aghast.

The changeling went on as if she hadn't spoken. "I managed to get in front of her and cut her off. I brought her right home."

"Thank you," the King said flatly, still staring at Rhyannon.

The Princess turned to Leurre. "Stop poisoning my father's mind! Leave him alone!"

The changeling shrugged, saying, "Sire...Your Highness... I merely took some wine to her, trying to atone for upsetting her before. You see how she's reacting... She threw wine in my face and tried to hit me with the goblet. I don't know what malady she suffers from, but I think she should be restrained. For her own good and safety, of course."

"No!" Rhyannon gasped, backing away.

The King turned slightly, bellowing, "Guards!"

A pair of elves, dressed in dark silk and crystal, armed with crystalline swords, appeared at once, opening the double doors to the King's chambers.

"Father, no!" Rhyannon begged.

He ignored her, saying, "My daughter is ill. She has tried to harm her betrothed and threatened to end her own life. Take her into custody. See to it that she isn't able to injure herself or anyone else."

The elven guards saluted and took hold of Rhyannon, who struggled against them.

"Be careful with her," Leurre said softly, a leer on his face as he turned his back on the King to face her.

"Yes," her father said. "She isn't being punished. As I said, she's ill. Rhyannon? I'm sorry. But until this passes, there is nothing else I can do."

"Father, please-"

"No, daughter. This is for your own good. Your wedding isn't for a few months yet. I'm sure by then you'll have made a full recovery."

As Rhyannon was pulled from her father's chambers, the last thing she heard was Leurre saying, "Thank you for your kindness and understanding, sire. With your permission, I'll seek out the best healer in your kingdom. I'll do whatever it takes to see to it that your lovely daughter is ready for our wedding night on time."

Chapter 5

Prince Leofrick Wykeham paced his chambers, trying, and failing, to think of anything new to try in his attempts at locating the woman he sought. He knew nothing about her. He had no idea who she was or where she lived. Did she live in his father's sovereignty? Did she live close to the castle, or far away, on the edges of the realm? Or did she live in another kingdom and had only been passing through? What was her name? He had patrolled the castle, stables and the grounds beyond, asking anyone he met if they knew a woman matching her description. No one did.

Maybe I should ask Father to do as Mother had suggested. Maybe if he sent out a royal decree for all women matching her description to come to the castle I could find her. As Mother said, it's not a foolproof plan. But at least I'd have a chance at finding her! As it is, I have none!

His pacing continued for a long while as he went over the same thoughts and dead-end mental roads again and again. He was finally interrupted by a firm knock on the door of his chambers. He sighed, not wanting the disturbance. Still, there weren't many who would bother him while he lurked in his chambers. And they only for something important.

Crossing the sitting chamber to the heavy wooden door, he took hold of the heavily ornate handle and pulled. Bryce Cartwright stood in the hallway outside. With him were two breathtakingly beautiful women, one a redhead, the other a brunette. Before Leofrick could recover from the surprise the sight of the trio instilled in him, Bryce barged into the sitting chamber, escorting the women in with him. The moment all three were inside, Bryce closed the door.

"Bryce-"

"Begging your pardon, my Prince, but please wait." Bryce turned to the women. "Maerwynn? Gussalen? The bedchamber, if you'd be so kind?"

The women shot Leofrick flirtatious glances as they followed Bryce's request. Once they were out of sight, Bryce turned to Leofrick, grinning so broadly that his expression reshaped the bushy red beard on his face.

"Bryce, what is this?"

As Bryce spoke, he strolled leisurely in the direction of Leofrick's bedchamber. "What is this, my Prince? This is your personal guard and, I hope, your friend bringing you a gift."

"What gift?"

Bryce stepped into the bedchamber. Leofrick followed, stopping just over the threshold, staring at the pair of women. Both were removing their clothing, standing half undressed by his large bed. Both ladies turned their fullest attention upon him as they continued removing their clothing. Their expressions were no longer simply flirtatious. Now, both women gazed at him with looks of open, wanton lust.

"Bryce...no..." Leofrick said.

His personal guard crossed to Maerwynn and Gussalen, taking no apparent notice of their youthful loveliness or the increasing amounts of delectable, flawless flesh they were exposing.

"This divine creature," Bryce said, indicating the brunette, "is Gussalen. The angelic redhead is Maerwynn. Mouth-wateringly gorgeous, are they not?"

"Yes," Leofrick said, unable to hide his admiration of the vision before him.

Maerwynn's hair was fiery red, falling in lustrous waves down her back and over her shoulders. Her skin was creamy and smooth, flawless and unblemished. Her lips were painted a seductive shade of red and her green eyes sparkled as she watched him while she removed the final pieces of her clothing to stand unabashedly naked before him, putting herself on open display. Her nipples were small and pink, already hardening into fleshy nubs of arousal. Her pubis was smooth, devoid of hair. When the Prince gasped slightly at the realization, Maerwynn's expression became one of beatific delight.

"You like it?" she asked, her voice soft and melodic. As she spoke, she brushed her sex lightly and parted herself, showing him moist, pink flesh. "Bryce asked Gussalen and I to remove all our body hair before we came to see you."

Leofrick nodded. "I do like it, yes. Very much." As he spoke, his gaze shifted to Gussalen and he saw that she, too, had removed all traces of hair from her body.

The brunette, though still lovely beyond any words Leofrick knew, was the redhead's parallel opposite. Where Maerwynn's flesh was pale, Gussalen's was several shades darker, as if she sported a full-body, all-over tan bereft of tan lines. Like her companion's, Gussalen's skin appeared velvety and faultless. The brunette's breasts, though slightly larger than her friend's, could still be classified as small, and her nipples were bigger and several shades darker. Gussalen followed Maerwynn's example of touching her silky, smooth pubis before parting it for him, revealing delicate pink flesh, already moist with excitement.

Leofrick shook himself, trying to ignore the naked beauties standing by his bed and his rapidly hardening erection. With great effort, he turned his attention back to his personal guard.

"Bryce, what's the meaning of this?"

The other man motioned to the ladies as he said, "I've spoken with your father. He, in turn, spoke with your mother. They don't think your obsession over this mystery woman is healthy. I suggested that if I brought a woman to your chambers you may be enticed into forgetting the mystery woman. Your father liked the idea, but suggested two ladies. And here they are, yours to enjoy the whole night long."

The Prince felt anger rising. "Bryce...I don't believe you. I'm not going to have sex with these two just so I can forget another woman!"

"You have to admit that they're very lovely."

"Yes, that they are." As he spoke, Leofrick's gaze was drawn inexorably back to the two women who stood by his bed, awaiting him.

Bryce continued, saying, "And both your parents think it's high time you were married. Many in the kingdom feel the same way."

"I'll marry when I'm ready and not before."

"You admitted to me just yesterday, my Prince, that you fully enjoy the company of a woman in your bed."

"Yes." His attention was still fixed on the women. Lovely as Gussalen was, however, his attention was most commanded by Maerwynn. The only woman he had ever seen who was as lovely as she was the mystery woman he sought.

"That's all this is," Bryce went on. "But rather than one woman, tonight you shall share your bed with two."

"No. I can't."

Bryce sagged and moved closer to the women, restraining himself from touching them, though it was now openly obvious that he wanted to do nothing else. Struggling visibly with his own urges in the presence of the women, he said, "I'm sorry, my Prince. But your father wants this. He is King. You are Prince. His wishes overrule your own. I was commanded to bring Gussalen and Maerwynn to you and so I have. They, in turn, have been commanded to spend the night here, in your chambers. And so they shall."

Leofrick sighed, knowing that no further argument was going to be of use. "Alright. Fine. My father wants them to stay, they stay. As you said, his wishes take precedence my own. They stay. But have them put their clothes back on. Then you get out. I'm trying to think and I can't with all these distractions!"

Bryce, still visibly struggling not to give in to his urge to touch the perfect flesh before him, said, "Think later, my Prince. It's time now for other activities. As for me leaving, I'm afraid I cannot."

Leofrick gave him a suspicious look. "Why not? More of my father's orders?"

"I'm afraid so. He suspected you might baulk at this plan. He has ordered me to remain for the night, too, and ensure that you and your female guests fully enjoy yourselves."

"So I'm to have sex with them while you sit and watch? Is that it? You're to watch us so that, tomorrow, you can report back to my father that, yes, I did indeed have sex with these women?"

"No. He said nothing about watching. Only that I was to stay and make sure it happened."

Bryce gestured to Maerwynn and Gussalen. The redhead and the brunette moved to Leofrick's side with small, measured steps, willowy legs graceful, slender hips moving enticingly. One on each side of him, they began to touch him, running dainty hands over his flat stomach and broad chest, making soft sounds of appreciation as they felt the lean, sculpted muscle beneath the clothing they caressed.

"Stop," Leofrick said softly. When they ignored the command, he repeated it, more loudly and tried to pull away from them. "Stop!"

"It's no use, my Prince," Bryce said. He watched Leofrick and the women intently, his expression that of a starving man forced to witness a magnificent feast while being told he cannot help himself to the smallest crumb. "Your father has commanded that they do not stop."

Unable to help himself, Leofrick swore, cursing his father's interference in his life. For good measure, he added curses about his mother's and Bryce's own meddling.

It's no use. My father, the King, has spoken. I can either fight and argue all night long, or...

Before the thought was complete, Leofrick closed his eyes and tilted back his head. The feel of the four small hands stroking his body and hair felt good. Their touch was light, loving, holding the promise of much more to come. Anticipation of what would soon happen caused his cock to swell painfully inside his pants, straining for freedom. He inhaled deeply, aware for the first time of the intoxicating fragrances worn by the ladies.

He angled his head, making eye contact with the redhead. Her emerald gaze burned with passion as she stared back.

"Maerwynn, is it?" he asked, voice husky with desire.

"Yes, my Prince," she demurred, voice at odds with the smoldering lust in her gaze.

He pressed his mouth to her own, kissing her deeply and hard. Her lips parted and he slid his tongue into her mouth, dueling with her own tongue, tasting her. When he finally broke the kiss, both where gasping for breath.

"Maerwynn...you taste as good as you look and smell."

She spoke as she slid a hand down his stomach to fondle his erection through his pants. "Thank you, my Prince."

He kissed her again, more briefly but with no less passion. "Forget titles and propriety. They have no place here. Not tonight."

Maerwynn's sly, seductive grin was all the answer he needed. He turned his attention to the brunette.

"The same goes for you...Gussalen, right?"

"Yes." Her voice was smooth and rich.

Leofrick met her impassioned gaze, staring into her brown eyes for a long moment before pressing his lips against hers. She kissed him back, the exchange ardent and heated, tongues slipping from her mouth to his and back, darting, caressing. One of her hands joined Maerwynn's on his crotch, squeezing lightly, milking his erection through the fabric of his pants. He gasped, pulling his lips from hers, trying to catch his breath. Her expression pledged ribald pleasure the likes of which he had never known.

Still holding the exotic brunette's gaze while both ladies fondled him, Leofrick called to his guard. "Bryce?"

"Yes, my Prince?" His tone was hoarse, strained.

"Look at these two!"

"I see them."

"You were right, Bryce. They are exceptional."

"I'm glad you think I chose well, my Prince."

"What I said to the ladies about no titles or propriety here tonight goes for you, too. Is that understood?"

"Yes."

"Excellent. Now, the way I see it, no man, no matter how virile, is going to be able to keep up with both of these gorgeous creatures all night long. I'm afraid I'm going to need your help."

Bryce's words hitched as he tried to reply. "I'm s-sorry. What?"

Leofrick laughed, shifting his attention from Gussalen back to Maerwynn, wrapping an arm around each of the women, holding them tightly against him. The feel of their hardened nipples and hot flesh was clear even through his clothing.