All Comments on 'Lucy's Letters'

by BirdnFlight

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
sandy_parissandy_parisabout 3 years ago

Loved, every part of it, except when it ended, i wanted more. Thanks

blueyes4ublueyes4uabout 3 years ago

wonderful story,well written

Holli64Holli64about 3 years ago

Absolutely fabulous story. I agree with Sandy. I hope that little caveat on the end indicates you may be inspired to continue to share this wonderful story with us.

evrtxnevrtxnabout 3 years ago

Very nice! I hope we hear more from Adina and Steph.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Another beautiful story.

5 stars!

XactoXactoabout 3 years ago

Beautiful story. Society’s got a lot to answer for, but the challenges make for interesting tales! 😎

MigbirdMigbirdabout 3 years ago

Wonderfully poignant story; so well told with memorable characters. So enjoyed reading, please continue to share.

haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereabout 3 years ago

I really like this. Adult emotional and language level, tightly edited. i found once or twice a 'her' instead of 'here', but other than that, well done! I could see it ending here, but sincerely hope for one or two more to round out the story!

Slurpy29Slurpy29about 3 years ago

This is a wonderful written story. Loved the whole premise and how well you brought everything together. Beginning with an old love story while developing a new one. Very nicely done, really enjoyed this one.

AJGestAJGestabout 3 years ago

I loved your story Lucy's Letters. I especially enjoyed the hikes in the desert. I am an advid bird watcher and when Steph points out the Prairie Falcan, Berwick Wren and Gilded Flicker it was like I was there with them. Very enjoyable read.

paulyepspaulyepsabout 3 years ago

What an amazing story .. thank you !

joan_the_bonejoan_the_boneabout 3 years ago

Probably the nicest story I’ve ever read on lit. Absolutely loved the story. Told completely, and beautifully built up. I know I’ll read it again.

Marbury1803Marbury1803about 3 years ago

A feeling I had about 1/2 way through this story was that everything was progressing just a bit too fast for me, and that I might have enjoyed the development of Adina's and Steph's story at a bit of a slower pace. That said, pretty quickly you made me care very much about their story. By the end, I was disappointed only by the possibility that we might be done with them. and that made me sad. An absolutely 5 star + effort. Keep writing. You are very talented.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54about 3 years ago

I really loved this story. So sweet and heartfelt. Thank you for sharing this with us. Five stars!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

An excellent story albeit a little too rushed (falling in love way too fast). I really loved the characters and the plot. Thank you and I've enjoyed this enough that I'm looking forward to reading more of your stories.

Air_DryAir_Dryabout 3 years ago

A fabulous story! I loved the symmetry. Adina and Steph, granddaughters of two dear lifelong friends so suited for each other that they almost seemed to know each other forever and grew together seamlessly. A sweet romance at a time when they could openly be together where that was not the case two generations earlier. A very heartwarming and gratifying outcome for Lucy and Gabrielle. Audrey would have approved. I hope we see more at some point. Five stars, Thank you!

mike1nitemike1niteabout 3 years ago

5 stars...sweet sweet storie.

Super_Slut_69Super_Slut_69about 3 years ago

Absolutely wonderful. I agree with Marbury I think this process is worthy of a much longer form. I would love to see more about the relationship between them. I really love it but I wanted more. I did not just suddenly discover I liked girls after being married. I evolved in my feelings. I am still married but my husband is very understanding, it could have destroyed my family but he was willing to love me through this and was willing to let me go if I needed that.

1Dream4us1Dream4usabout 3 years ago

What a beautiful, lovingly told story! You have quite a gift - and an impressive knowledge of birds 😊

BirdnFlightBirdnFlightabout 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you for the comments. I totally get readers wanting Stephanie and Adina's relationship to take more time to mature and to evolve. For some reason, I've been trying to write against this desire to keep characters apart and impose barriers in order to heighten the payoff. Maybe it's where my head's at during these strange times, but I've been into "short and sweet" and I know it can come at a cost. Thanks for the feedback.

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 3 years ago

There's nothing wrong with a short telling of the beginning of what becomes a long story, and life happens pretty damn fast sometimes. Anyway, I enjoyed it! •‿•

foxyfowlerfoxyfowlerabout 3 years ago

WOW it was a very loving and personal story brilliantly written and telling all the problems they had and the secrets they had to keep and Steph and Adina became lovers and hope they get married and enjoy there life like Steph's grandma a very loving circle between these ladies hope it will not be long before we can read the next story about these four people and hope they become close and have lots of love and fun fantastic story thank you.xxxxx

CeVin_ChienElleCeVin_ChienElleabout 3 years ago

And I meant to add, after saying "I enjoyed it," that I especially enjoyed Adina's well wishes in her signing of her letter to me, the reader. Very clever, and great fun.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As mentioned already, things went way too fast between them. Come on, a straight female flirting with a lesbian and then having sex with her all in less than 24 hours after they meet? Ain’t never gonna happen. Totally unbelievable. Had to deduct a point on this basic issue. Otherwise a decent story.

MaonaighMaonaighalmost 3 years ago
Circumstances

What a wonderful story and I'm so pleased that circumstances (the unexplained reprint of Adrienne's Duet Chapter 1) led me to it. In fact, I think I liked Lucy's Letters more than Adrienne. While I believe that Adrienne and Juliet's story has reached a natural conclusion, I think Lucy's Letters does offer scope for a further story. Five star (and more) enjoyable.

BillyslateBillyslatealmost 3 years ago

Beautiful Love Story!

I also was led to Lucy's Letters, by the reposting Adrienne's Duet, and am pleased that it occurred. Just a wonderful love story between two women with a unique historical connection🎉. Am anticipating many more nice stories from the author,

Definitely Rated As 5*-Stars!

6niner6nineralmost 3 years ago
good effort

although the frenetic pace at which the relationship proceeds - from strangers to fully in love within 24 hours - is pretty unrealistic, i liked the story overall: the characters, the emotions, the humour...

gave it a 5, despite the serious flaw i have already mentioned.

thanks for sharing

md720md720almost 3 years ago

This was an awesome story! I was going to write you something nice to express my opinion but I can't say it better than Maonaigh did. So ditto to Maonaigh's comment!!! I look forward to more stories from you and hopefully more from Adina and Steph.

FandeborisFandeborisover 2 years ago

This was one the most beautiful stories I’ve read on Lit. I so look forward to a continuation of their story. Thanks for sharing the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

what was the significance of the matching lockets given to adina and stephanie

JamontoastsJamontoastsalmost 2 years ago

I liked the plot. Although the relationship was a bit rushed, it could've been easily fixed with a quick montage of a few months between sections. (Eg: Adrina and Steph having too many deadlines to meet in person for 1/2 a year and only calling.) However, the main problem was that the actual writing didn't feel very descriptive of the sensory details. For example, during oral, how die the vagina taste? When they find the letters, how did Adina physically react? Did she clutch at her chest, feeling her heart pounding, or hear the crinkle of paper as she tightened her hands on them? Dont just say what she felt, but show it too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write well. I have read most of your stories and you have the ability to write an interesting story and weave sex

into but that is not the whole story. A lot of Literotica stories are too much sex, no suspense and a thin story. I have had a little experience writing as I am a Charter member of the S. C. Writer's Workshop. Haven't written in awhile.

Hard enough to find time to read. Thanks for your work

okami1061okami1061over 1 year ago

In the COVID era, I admit to some worry based on the comments in both your works about additional writing, plus your bio stating pretty clearly you're wanting to participate more here on Lit.

But, something caused you to crash onto the Lit scene March of 2021 and disappear in July. You're worrying me.

The premise of Adina's story was rock solid. As others pointed out, more depth was required to turn that solid premise into a great story. Your writing (grammar, turn of phrase, vocabulary) is better than good; it's great. Try zooming out just a bit and applying that talent to the larger tableau of the story instead of just the paragraph.

I believe you can do it. And I'd love to read it.

Nightwish1977Nightwish1977about 1 year ago

This is a beautiful and well written story, thank you.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

A truly charming story.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

LUCY'S LETTERS when is the next part and ending coming

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBirdnFlight@BirdnFlight
I love a good story, and I admire good writing. I've been following the writing on Literotica for some time, and have been impressed with the many fine writers posting to the site. It inspired me to try my hand.