Taken Back Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You fucking bitch." His voice was raspy and he rubbed his throat.

"Your brother sliced our skin like it was butter and licked the bleeding wounds. Sinking his teeth into her flesh until it bled. He did these things to Emily when she was only 9; do you know how I know?? Because he told me Clyde, he told me in excruciating detail all the awful things he did to her and how much he enjoyed it. How he got off on her tears and cries of pain. He told me all this while he raped me, so how DARE you call me a liar!" she screamed hysterically. She still had nightmares about it, she could see his face, the empty dead look in his eyes and his sadistic smile covered in blood as he threatened to reenact the things he did to his poor little sister.

Clyde just stared at her for the longest time, his mind taking in her words; processing them slowly. Deep down he knew but he didn't want to. He wanted to only remember the good, but she was right. Christopher had been sick, infected with the devil ever since he was a little boy. Daddy had tried to beat it out of him. But Skye's insolence could not go unpunished. They both remained in still silence for what seemed like forever. Clyde stood and walked towards the stairs. Lyndsay hugged herself tightly; the outburst having drained her. When he came back down it was with a pen and paper.

"The address Skye, and don't you dare lie to me." Wiping her tears Lyndsay grabbed the pen and shakily wrote down the address. God help her, she felt like scum. After all the progress Emily made, and she was giving it up. It's for Samson, she reminded herself. Emily would understand. Clyde kneeled and gently cupped Lyndsay's face.

"You have chosen well. Rest now Skye; I shall bring dinner soon" Then he was gone, leaving Lyndsay to sit with her own guilt, the acid in her stomach turning viciously as her imagination ran wild. She could only hope Emily would escape Clyde's kidnap attempt.

Lyndsay awoke groggy and sore from having fallen asleep on the floor. But the smell of food overwhelmed her senses and she could hear her stomach growl in response. Clyde set the platter on the table and turned to her.

"I have decided I am going to bring Emily home."

"Why can't you leave her alone?"

"She doesn't belong out there with all the sinners. You have turned her off the path of righteousness."

"I am sorry." Lyndsay apologized, knowing that was the response he wanted to hear.

"Not yet you aren't, but I will make you sorry." She knew better than to think she'd escape the punishment of her actions, she just hoped he punished her and not her son.

"What are you going to do?" she asked cautiously.

"Once Emily is home, her marriage to Michael will happen, if he still wants her. And when they leave, they will be taking Samson with them." Lyndsay's heart skipped a few beats, had she just heard him correctly?

"What do you mean?" He couldn't be serious, if he sent Samson away what would his leverage against her be?

"Abigail's sister, Mariam, is a teacher, She's married to my cousin Hank but has yet to have any children of her own. They have agreed to raise Samson through the school year; he needs to be around his cousins, help him adjust faster. And depending on how your training goes, he may return this summer." Lyndsay's brain started to panic, he was sending her son away; this was her punishment for standing up to him.

"I can learn to homeschool like the other wives, you don't have to do this." Clyde smiled, a cold knowing smile as he met her gaze.

"Oh but I do; with Samson under this roof I'll never have your total submission. You will always be thinking of running away and taking him with you. With Samson gone, you'll be better able to focus on being a better wife and mother." His words sank in, summer was 7 months away. There was no way her sanity would last that long. She felt something inside her shatter, it was truly hopeless. Even if she managed to make it those 7 months, there was no guarantee that Samson would return the same. She stared at the floor as the weight of that knowledge sank in.

"He's all I have," she cried. Clyde looked smug as he stood in front of her; he had finally won.

"I know Skye, that is why this will work." The pit in her stomach seemed to consume her. By the time she got out of the basement Samson would be gone. She stared up at Clyde, she could tell nothing she said would change his mind. There was no way out of this, she was so angry her lip trembled and hot tears filled her eyes. How much longer would she be able to fight him? Her biggest fear was losing herself, who she was and becoming nothing more than a brainwashed slave. And if they managed to brainwash Samson? The thought of him being seduced to their lifestyle sickened her. She couldn't imagine her little man growing up to believe the things they did; to kidnap, beat and brainwash wives of his own someday. And how would she be able to handle Clyde getting more wives? Would she be so broken by then that she'd sit by complicitly?

She would rather have been beaten with a belt, the whip, his fists even; anything better than what he had planned. She wouldn't have any way of knowing where he was or if he was safe; and who knew what his cousins were like. If Christopher had been utterly psycho, surely he couldn't be the only one in the family. Lyndsay just sat there, staring blankly as her mind ran in endless circles.

"Now that we have addressed that, I have some other great news. Abigail and a few of her sons are due to arrive here tomorrow afternoon." Lyndsay shook the thoughts from her head and looked up at him.

"Are there any preparations I can help with?"

"Tomorrow you will get a short reprieve of this basement. While Samson is out doing chores I will have you preparing the guest bedrooms, freshen up the linen, tidy the house a little bit."

"As you wish," she responded. But the news was uplifting, she suddenly had hope, however small it was. Clyde motioned her to sit at the table and held his hands out over the table. She placed her hands inside his, and lowered her head for prayer. After a quick Amen she began to eat slowly, still processing his words. He kissed her forehead and left her alone. The moment she was alone all manners were forgotten as she began to shove impossible amounts of food down her throat. She was so hungry, and she knew without a mirror she was already losing weight. Once supple parts of her body were now scrawny with protruding bones. She was pretty sure she was malnourished and a little vitamin D deficient for sure but there was no use to complaining.

Clyde was the 'medical professional', and to question him was to challenge him. As his wife it was her duty to obey, not to question. She washed the dishes clean and stacked them neatly on the tray. She needed to take advantage of this opportunity, being upstairs she could get better idea of house, the land, things that would be available to her. She had time to plan, she wasn't going to try anything until she knew for sure whether they had gotten to Emily. It was her fault they knew where she was, she wasn't about to abandon her should they actually manage to catch her.

Lyndsay could hardly contain her excitement when Clyde came down bright and early. She didn't want to express her eagerness, but the smile broke through when he unlocked the chain around her ankle.

"Where would you like me to start?" Clyde led her upstairs, having little exercise meant it took her a little longer to meet his strides. She felt weak but she wasn't about to let it hold her back. She was surprised to find the place to be hardly messy at all. The kitchen had a few dishes in the sink and off to the right was the livingroom. Through all the windows she could see nothing but forest surrounding them and the acre that the cabin resided on. There was a large sectional that faced a medium sized TV and a window behind it. Straight across from that was the back door. There were a few empty beer bottles and an ashtray full of cigarette butts.

"You smoke?" Clyde shrugged, not offering any explanation and led her further into the house. The back door was wide open, propped by a log of wood and she could see Samson swinging an ax on top of a stump just a few yards from the back porch and he chopped smaller logs into even smaller splinters. She wasn't sure how long it had been since she'd last seen him, but he looked grown. His little body was gaining muscle mass; his hair had been cut. He wore jeans and plaid shirt just like Clyde did, and he swung the ax with such anger it sent a pang of sadness straight through her heart. She didn't linger in the doorway, she followed Clyde down the hallway where he showed her the cleaning supplies in a little hallway closet.

"You do remember some simple cleaning, dontcha?" Clyde looped a long chain around her ankle, it was locked to a bolt in the floor, feet of chain just curled up in a large pile.

"This should reach all corners of the house," he announced. Lyndsay nodded and she started by stripping all the beds, including the ones in both Clyde's and Samson's rooms. While the sheets were soaking in the wash she took fresh ones from the linen closet and made the beds. Afterwards she dusted, washed windows, swept, vacuumed and even mopped. The work was hard, after so long of doing almost nothing in the basement but she didn't complain or let it slow her down. When she finished she washed the dishes and started cooking something for lunch. He hadn't asked, but she looked at the clock and knew the importance of routine.

She made a homemade mac and cheese with some fried chicken legs and green beans. It was a simple recipe that she remembered from her time living on the farm with his family. When Clyde entered his house he inhaled and smiled. He made his way to the kitchen and started grabbing dishes to set the table.

"It's almost done, another five minutes for the beans and it will be ready," she informed him as she turned around. She felt her heart almost stop beating as she realized he'd set a third plate on the table.

"Is that...is that for me?" she asked softly.

"If he's going off until Summer, it will be good for him to see you before he leaves. Do not make me regret this." She couldn't contain her joy, she jumped up and hugged Clyde tightly. He was rigid at first but quickly realized she was not attacking him and he wrapped his arm around her waist.

"Thank you Clyde." He let her down slowly, sliding her body down the front of his and she blushed at feeling him excited beneath his jeans. A loud crashing noise sounded from the doorway and she felt lightheaded as she turned to see the commotion. Samson stood in the doorway, a pile of wood by his feet as he stared at his mother. He ran across the cabin and threw himself into her arms, not waiting for permission.

"I've missed you so much," she whispered, and he could feel how frail she was through her skin. It angered him that she seemed less of her usual self. Like somehow her light had dimmed. Samson grit his teeth and loosened his grip. Lyndsay pulled away and began running her hands over him, checking his hair and skin.

"I haven't beaten the boy since you last disobeyed Skye, tell her Samson."

"I'm okay mom." He grabbed her hands and forced her to look at him. There was something different about him, almost as if he'd grown older overnight. There was a deep wisdom in his eyes; she smiled and nodded. Samson and Clyde sat across from each other while Lyndsay sat in the middle. They grasped each other's hands and prayed. Once an Amen was muttered she looked to Clyde before beginning her meal. Samson watched in silence, absorbing the interactions between them. He was mad, but he was a fast learner for his age.

"Dad, can mother help me feed the chickens?" Samson asked in between bites.

"She has chores of her own son."

"I know, but many hands make light work. If we help one another, it will make chores go by faster, then we can sit down and you can tell mom about the time Uncle Georgie tried to fight your Pa." Clyde smiled at the memory.

"Alright, but she is to be chained down at all times. There is no negotiating that." After a good lunch, and quick wash of the dishes;,Lyndsay followed them outside. The sun felt amazing on her skin and she paused to soak in the limited rays. Clyde wrapped a new chain around her ankle, but this one was older and a little rusted but she didn't dare complain. Samson handed her a bag of feed and showed her how to throw the seed out the right way.

"I have fed chickens before Samson."

"Back on the other farm? Dad says you had a lot more animals and even a better garden." She paid little attention to the fact he was referring to Clyde as Dad. She knew it was something he would have insisted Samson do.

"We did, we had horses, about three times as many animals, but there was also more people." She glanced at Clyde who was a few yards away, rubbing the pigs' belly.

"Is it true you murdered his family?" Lyndsay froze, speechless. She had not expected him to ask her that. She had wanted to wait until he was older to tell him the truth, explain why she was so paranoid, not that any amount of anxiety and worrying had helped much. Not even her self-defense training helped. She'd choked up, fear having been almost overwhelming, she'd failed when it mattered most. But now she couldn't even tell him the truth, she knew Clyde would be listening and she didn't want to do anything to make him send her back to the basement. She didn't want this day to end.

"I am not perfect Samson." It was the only explanation she could offer that both appeased Clyde and remained vague enough she could skate by, not really answering the question. It wasn't much later that she heard the sound of a engine traveling down the driveway.

"That must be them, come greet our cousins." Clyde unlocked her ankle, but kept a hand around her bicep. Michael was the first person out of the SUV, she could faintly recall meeting him back on the other farm. She'd only spent a few hours chained to the back porch watching baby Josiah while the family arrived. Except instead of a gangly awkward sized teenager, he was more filled out and had a slight beard.

"Cousin Clyde!! So good to see you again. I see your quest was a success." Michael stared her up and down as he spoke and sneered in contempt. Lyndsay bit the inside of her cheek to prevent from wiping the smug look off his face. Abigail, Michael's mother smiled and approached with a toddler on her hip. She reached over and messed Samson's hair in greeting. Lyndsay forced herself to reign in her protective instinct. She knew rationally that Abigail couldn't transmit her beliefs through osmosis, but her instincts cared nothing for her logic. Clyde placed a hand on her shoulders, she tried to relax but he could feel the tension in her shoulders.

"Did you stop and grab what you needed?" Michael looked positively giddy at the mentioning of it.

"In fact, I did. Hey Ma, why don't you and the boys go for a walk?" Abigail nodded and held her hand out to Samson. He looked to his mother, her first reaction was to grab him and hold him close. Clyde smacked the back of Samson's head.

"It is not up to your mother Son. Go with cousin Abigail and the boys. This used to be their home; maybe the boys know some hiding places in the woods."

"Yes father." Lyndsay watched with a broken heart as Samson took Abigail's' hand and they walked away. Lynsay hugged herself tightly to hold back her reaction. Michael made his way to the back of the SUV, Clyde pulling her behind him.

"It wasn't difficult. We stopped for the night and I went out and picked it up then." He flipped open a hidden hatch to reveal a person. Lyndsay gasped as her eyes took in the sight of a young girl, she was dirty and sweaty, her wrists and ankles were bound with rope and a handkerchief was in her mouth while another was tied tightly around her head. The girl grimaced at the sudden light. She had a purple bruise on her left cheekbone and a few scratches and bruises on her arms. She wore a low cut shirt and tight jeans. Her feet were filthy and bare.

"You've done well Michael. Have you chosen a name for her?"

"Caitlin."

"Let's get her inside." Michael reached for the girl and she screamed, though muffled, and kicked out at him. he grabbed her ankles and pulled her roughly out of the trunk. Caitlin scrapped her back against the metal before landing with a big oomph. Lyndsay reached out to help her, but Clyde grabbed her wrist.

"It is not your business unless told otherwise Skye." She bit her lower lip, wincing when Michael kicked Caitlin in the stomach. She didn't fight when he picked her up for a second time. He tossed her over his shoulders and Clyde led the way inside. He pointed to the door by the kitchen that led to the basement.

"Skye and I will gather supplies." She followed him back towards the hallway where the bedrooms were located. The room besides Samson's looked near empty with only a few boxes and Lyndsay frowned. The fourth door was his room, she instantly felt nervous as Clyde pulled a trunk from beneath the bed and lifted it up.

"Grab some washcloths, soap and a few towels." Lyndsay didn't argue, she grabbed what he asked for and followed him back down to her prison.

"I did not permit you to speak." The sound of skin hitting skin greeted their descent. As they made it to the last stair Caitlin let out a scream. Michael wrapped his hand in her hair and his other grabbed her chin.

"Do it again Caitlin, I dare you!" Lyndsay studied her closer, Caitlin's lip trembled, tears streaked paths down her dirty face. She looked scared and confused. Lyndsay felt sick to her stomach. She could tell the girl was young, but she wasn't sure by how much. All she could do is remember the first time Clyde had taken her, on her way home from school. She'd had her whole life planned out. Until she became prisoner of Clyde and his crazy family. Caitlin was pale, her chestnut brown hair was long past her shoulders and it was currently a tangled mess. Her legs barely supported her own weight.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she apologized. Michael let her go and she collapsed to her knees.

"Skye, get some warm soapy water ready, you're going to help her wash up." Clyde set the trunk down and started to open it.

"NOW!" Lyndsay jumped and went to the sink. her ankle felt almost empty without the chain around it. She quickly set things up and waited. Caitlin began to sob as Clyde reached for her.

"Please...I won't tell anybody." she pleaded.

"Don't fight and I won't hurt you. You need to wash up and take this off. You will wear dresses like a proper lady." Caitlin sniffled and tried to pull away. Lyndsay flinched, she already knew what his response would be. He picked her up and together they stripped Caitlin to her undergarments when she tried to cover herself with her hands but Clyde restrained her.

"This goes easier if you cooperate. Isn't that right Skye?" Her stomach clenched, why was he making her participate? Watch him? Wasn't taking Samson away enough punishment?

"I asked you a question WIFE."

"Yes husband." Clyde smiled but Michael rolled his eyes.

"You don't have to do this; I haven't a clue where we are or who you are. You could take me at night and..." she was interrupted with a slap to the face. She was silent after that; her sniffling the only sound escaping. He walked her closer to the sink.

"Wash up." Lyndsay handed her a soaped up washcloth and Caitlin only stared at it for the longest time.

"I tried to keep it warm." Caitlin took it and started washing her face.

"Thanks." It was barely above a whisper, her voice cracked with just the one word. They alternated washcloths and Lyndsay rinsed and soaped another. Once Caitlin was done washing herself Lyndsay helped her with her hair.