Mable's Breasts Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mom smiled and another flush rose to her cheeks, "Well, that's very nice of the both of you to say. I think she's a very lovely woman. But, it's still a little hard to believe John would say those things."

I laughed and shook my head. "Geez, Mom. I'm being totally honest with you about everything he said. Is it really so difficult for you to believe that guys my age might think you're a beautiful woman?"

"I suppose maybe it is a little. The idea has honestly never even occurred to me," she said, looking away thoughtfully as her face continued to flush. She looked at me and smiled, "But thank you for telling me though, I'm actually very flattered and it's certainly brightened my day."

I smiled. My god, if I didn't know any better, I might begin to think my Mom was almost swooning like a love-struck teenager at a Jonas Brothers concert, and it warmed my heart to see her that way.

"If you'd like me to..." I said, pushing myself away from the table to begin clearing the dishes, "I could put a good word in for you with John."

She glanced up and I winked at her. "Oh, you," she smiled swatting at my ass with a dishtowel.

"Seriously, though," I continued. "I'll bet if you actually sat down and thought about it, I'm sure you'd realize you could do a lot worse on the dating scene than with a younger guy like John."

She said nothing, but her blushing demeanor spoke volumes to me.

After the dinner dishes were put away into the dishwasher and the pots and pans cleaned and put away, Mom and I curled up on the sofa for a few more episodes of "Dexter".

As we sat together, it struck me how very similar Mom and Mable were. Both were very attractive women, and both were single and unattached. And, both maintained a facade of stoic indifference about being alone.

That stoic indifference had completely imploded for Mable once she and I began to develop feelings for one another. Her enthusiasm for being part of a loving relationship gave evidence to the fact that she had really been unhappy being alone.

Might that be the same thing for my Mom? It certainly gave me pause to consider. It kind of grieved me to think that my general indifference toward her loneliness had very likely had a detrimental effect on her as well.

It dawned on me how much she seemed to look forward to spending time with me watching programs like Dexter every evening, curled together on the sofa together with a bowl of popcorn and a few glasses of wine. I reasoned it had become a bit of a safety net for her and promised myself I would be more attentive toward her and more involved in her life.

********************************************

It was after midnight when we finally went to bed. I called Mable, hoping it wasn't too late for her. To my surprise, she answered on the first ring.

"Sorry it's so late," I said right away. "Mom and I got a little carried away watching Dexter tonight."

"It's not a problem at all, baby, you can call me anytime day or night," she said, and I could hear the smile in her voice. "So, tell me...did she give you the third degree after I left."

"Third AND fourth," I replied with a laugh. "But it wasn't in a bad way at all. We actually had a nice long conversation over dinner, and I learned some very interesting things about her tonight."

I began by relating how it appeared that Mom strongly suspected there was more to our relationship than just business, even playfully teasing me about it on more than one occasion. And also, how she told me she would do her best to be supportive of anyone I fell in love with.

"Oh, wow," said Mable. "That certainly sounds promising, doesn't it?"

I went on to relate how Mom had decided to begin dating again and had even joined a local, online dating website. Mable sounded very enthusiastic about that but groaned when I related how her first date went.

I also brought up the subject of my friend John, and how he seemed seriously attracted to my Mom and the blushing reaction my Mom had when I had told her a few of the complimentary things John had said about her.

"Wow," said Mable once again. "Now there's an interesting pairing, your Mom and your friend John. Do you seriously believe there might be a spark of interest in both of them?"

"I pretty much got the same impression from both of them," I returned with a thoughtful nod. "What do you think? Should I try a little matchmaking and see where it goes, or maybe just drop it entirely?"

"Hmm," she said thoughtfully, "I think it should all depend on your friend John and what kind of a man you think he is. He might very well be infatuated with your Mom, but would he be able to give her the love and respect she deserves?"

I nodded thoughtfully, thinking her advice rather sound. "I agree," I said. "I'll have to give that some thought."

"But," she continued, "It would sure be interesting to find out if there is anything there between them. You can tell her from me that, when it comes to dating a younger man, I recommend it highly."

I couldn't help but smile, "God, I wish I was there with you right now."

"Mmm," she purred sensually, "Me too, baby. And it feels like things are moving in a positive direction for us too."

We talked for a few more minutes and exchanged a few loving endearments before signing off. "Goodnight, baby, see you tomorrow," she said.

(The story continues in Mable's Breasts Pt. 06 - As always, comments and suggestions welcomed)