Mable's Breasts Pt. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"And don't forget your fucking key!" I called with a laugh as he disappeared inside.

While he did that, I made a quick call to Mable to let her know everything was all right. And also, a call to Mom, to let her know to pick up an extra-large pizza as I had invited John to dinner.

Since it was still reasonably early, I suggested we get a coffee at Starbucks. "Excellent," smiled John. "And I'm buying too. It's the least I can do for having you run all the way to my house today."

We ordered our coffees and took a table together in front of the window. We chatted amiably for several minutes about mundane school things while I pondered how to broach the subject of last night's conversation with my Mom.

"Oh, hey..." I said as if suddenly remembering something important. "I've got a bit of news I think you might find a little interesting," I leaned forward over the table and lowered my voice. "Listen, man. Last night...at dinner, my Mom completely lost her mind and blushed like a sixth-grader when I told her what you said about her."

John frowned with a look of surprise. "What are you talking about?" He blurted, "What things?"

I smiled at his discomfiture, seeing the color rise in his cheeks. "Come on, man, the things you're always saying about her. How you think she looks like Christie Brinkley, and how you think she's totally hot and all."

"What?" He gasped, his voice low with his eyes widening almost comically. "You told her THAT? What the fuck, man? Why would you do something like that?"

"Hey, relax," I said, trying to calm him with a smile. "It's not like I was trying to throw you under the bus or anything. Believe it or not, I had a really good reason for telling her what you said."

John leaned back in his chair and folded her arms over his chest. "Oh, please, enlighten me," he said with a glower.

"Okay, last night, she and I were talking about the possibility of her getting back into the dating scene, and..."

"Wait, What?" He interrupted, sitting forward in his chair. "Your Mom's going to start dating?"

I smiled patiently. "Yeah...well, the short answer is...maybe. All she's managed to do so far is join one of those stupid dating websites, and so far, she hasn't been all that thrilled with any of the matches they think she's suited for. She said most of the available men are either over sixty, or under thirty, and the dating site keeps trying to line her up with a lot of older guys. So, when I suggested maybe she should take a look at the younger guys, she seemed okay with the idea, but also seemed to think that no younger guy would ever think she would be all that appealing because of her age. See where this is going?"

John nodded, sitting back in his chair once more. "Sure," he said with a frown. "And that's when you had to go and open your big mouth and tell her all the shit I said about her. What? To make her feel better or something?"

"That's exactly why I did it," I responded with a smile, waving off his snarky attitude. "And, it worked amazingly well too."

"Yeah...okay, but still..." He groused, "I kinda told you all that in confidence, man. Guy to Guy. Shit...how am I supposed to act normal around her at your place tonight? I'm already all weirded out just thinking about it. I'm thinking maybe I should just stay home."

"Woah...Woah," I said, leaning forward and making the traditional football time-out sign with my hands. "John...just listen, and pay attention to what I'm telling you. You don't have to feel any kind of weirded out at all. Trust me on this...she really LIKED hearing what you said about her."

John looked at me askance as if he thought I might be setting him up to be the butt of some kind of joke.

"I'm totally serious, man," I said with a smile. "When I told her what you had said, her whole face just kind of lit up and...I swear to god, she was blushing like some kind of teenager."

"Really?" He asked in mild astonishment, "What did she say though? Did she actually say anything about me?"

And there it was right in front of my eyes, that very same puppy dog look of wonder and longing I had seen on my Mother's face last night. It hit me like a brick in the head that John seemed a little more than just physically attracted to my Mom.

"Oh, yeah," I quipped sarcastically, "She said she couldn't wait to rip your clothes off and fuck your brains out," I laughed, punching him in the shoulder playfully.

"Not funny, man," he said with an injured look. "I'm being totally serious. Did she say anything about me when you told her what I said?"

"Okay, look...She never actually said anything about you personally at all. But what I thought to be of particular interest, is what she DIDN'T say. She never said one negative word. Not one. She didn't frown or roll her eyes, either. I'm telling you, man, she smiled and blushed like crazy."

John blushed red as well, causing me to bite my lip to keep from smiling. It was almost comical how transparent John's feelings for my Mom were at that moment, and I shook my head. It made me wonder what other signs I might have overlooked along the way. I suppose I probably should have seen something was up right from the first time he ever met my Mom.

Back then, being new to Las Vegas, I had only just met John. We met basically because we shared several of the same classes in school. We struck up a conversation one day and discovered a mutual enthusiasm for World of Warcraft. He invited me to his house to see his gaming set up and I was happy to take him up on the offer. While I was at his house, Mom phoned, anxiously wondering where I was. I had completely forgotten about a doctor's appointment and was about to be late. Mom asked for the address where I was and said she would pick me up to make sure I would get there on time. I waited for her, sitting on John's front porch with John and his mother. Mom arrived, pulling to the curb and getting out of the vehicle, looking around at the house addresses to discover which one I had indicated.

"Holy, shit!" Whispered John, leaning close to my ear. "Is that your MOM?'

I waved to Mom to get her attention, and John's Mother stood and waved her over to the front porch.

I introduced Mom to John's Mom and to John, who stood beside me as if dazed with his mouth open.

"She almost looks like freaking Christie Brinkley." He murmured, leaning close to my ear as our respective Moms chatted briefly.

I had, of course, heard the same kind of remark about my Mom almost for as long as I could remember, so I merely nodded, taking John's words at face value.

Thinking back on everything now, I could most definitely recall a great many times where John had seemingly gone out of his way to be obsequiously polite and fawningly attentive toward my mom whenever he was over to the house. I had always rolled my eyes and ignored it, attributing it to his usual penchant for sucking up to adults to be better perceived as a nice person.

I shook my head to bring my thoughts back to the present to see him looking at me skeptically. "Look," I said. "If I crossed the line with you by telling my Mom the things you said about her, I'm sorry. I apologize. But, try to think about it rationally for a second and try to connect the dots as I have. She wants to start dating again, she joins a dating website, she's not all that happy with the older men there, and she's unsure about how any younger men would think of her." As I spoke, I ticked off each item on my fingers.

John nodded, following my logic.

"I used YOU, and what you said, as an example of how a lot of younger men see her and it seemed to really make her happy. You follow me so far?"

Again, he nodded.

"Now," I continued, "I have no freakin' idea if it was the nice compliment that made her happy, or because the compliment came from YOU. I'm just saying that it might be an interesting thing for you to keep in the back of your mind."

"Okay, I get where you're coming from," he said. "But it almost sounds like you're trying to line me up with your Mom."

I sighed and took a deep breath. What that what I was doing? I preferred to think of it as just laying the cards out on the table and sitting back to see what transpires.

"That's not my intention, man. I'm just trying to give you the benefits of some inside information. You're free to deal with it however you like."

Realistically, I knew John's interest in my Mom was purely physical, and the thought of them sleeping together certainly gave me pause. But, in the great scheme of things, I cared much less about John's feelings than Mom's. I sincerely wanted her to be happy and, if the look on her face last night, when I had related John's compliment to her was any indication of what it took, then I was all for it.

I shook my head and laughed to myself. It was kind of a crazy thought to imagine my mother taking ANYONE into her bed, let alone someone as young as John. Knowing her as I did, I doubted she would ever allow anything even remotely romantic to ever occur with John. But, what the hell, I shrugged mentally, nothing ventured nothing gained.

"Ready to go?" I said, having finished our coffees. "Mom won't be home until around six, but maybe we can get on the game for a while before she does."

He nodded enthusiastically, "That works for me," he said.

Once at the house, we set up our laptops on the kitchen table and were just wrapping up a rather arduous quest chain, when we heard the sound of Mom's car pulling into the garage.

"Okay," I said with a smile of sudden inspiration. "Brownie points time, John. Mom has just been out getting her hair and nails done." I looked at him with one raised eyebrow and he nodded.

"Got it," he said with a smile, "thanks."

Mom entered with an armload of grocery bags and an extra-large box of pizza. John and I both jumped up and relieved her of her load. "Oh, thanks," she said with a sigh, setting aside her purse.

"Hi, Mrs. Kirk," smiled John.

"Hello, John," she smiled, stepping closer to him and placing a hand on his shoulder as she bent to lightly kiss his cheek. "I haven't seen you in a while."

She turned to me, "Will you be a dear and put the groceries away while I change clothes?"

As she left the kitchen, I began putting things away. John sidled up beside me at the refrigerator and grinned. "See that?" He said, wiggling his eyebrows. "I may never wash my cheek again."

"I'm telling you, man," I said softly. "Keep your eyes and ears open."

"Do you guys want to eat in the kitchen or the living room?" Called Mom from upstairs.

"Living room," I responded, casting a jaundiced eye at the laptops and peripherals littering the kitchen table.

I carried the pizza box into the living room and made room for it on the coffee table, just as mom entered the room. "I'm having a beer with my pizza," she said, moving toward the kitchen. "You guys want one too?"

"Yes, please," I responded, smiling at John's look of amazement. While Mom and I routinely drank wine and beer at dinner, or while watching television in the evenings, such was not the case in John's household.

It wasn't until Mom had re-entered the living room that I took notice of how she was dressed. Earlier in the day, for shopping and her appointments, she had worn an old pair of jeans, stylishly torn at the knees, and a Las Vegas Golden Knights t-shirt, but was now dressed in a pale beige blouse and a moderately short, denim skirt, along with a pair of modest heels. To my mind, Mom seemed to most definitely be going out of her way to present herself more appealingly in front of John, and I smiled.

John took the beer from Mom's hand and smiled, "You look really nice tonight, Mrs. Kirk."

"Why, thank you, John. I just spent an hour in the salon getting my hair cut and styled."

"Well, they did an excellent job, because your hair looks great," he returned with another smile. He glanced at me and I nodded with a smile. Nice one, I thought.

Mom settled herself onto the sofa, pointedly crossing her legs slowly and I smiled at her transparency. "There, you see?" Said Mom, feigning annoyance with me as she playfully slapped my arm. "At least JOHN noticed," she said. "Thank you, John."

"I noticed, Mom," I said sitting down beside her. "I was too busy putting the groceries away to make mention of it. But I agree, your hair looks really nice."

John plunked himself down on the floor in front of the sofa, leaning back onto it and stretching his legs out as Mom reached forward and opened the pizza box. "Dig in gentlemen, while it's still warm," she said.

We each grabbed up a slice and began to eat. "What'll we watch?" Said Mom as she picked up the television remote. I would have loved to delve back into the exploits of serial killer Dexter but knowing that John had not seen any of the previous episodes, said, "Your choice, Mom."

To my complete and utter astonishment, she selected an NFL football game. "Is this okay with you guys?" She asked, giving me a sidelong glance. I almost laughed aloud, but kept myself together, knowing two things. One, Mom and I both had no interest in football, and two, John was a big football fan.

"Excellent," smiled John, chewing his pizza enthusiastically. I watched as he kept stealing glances at Mom's legs. God, my super-hero "Read Between the Lines Man", was in full-on mode.

Mom kept initiating a conversation with John, who (laughingly) appeared almost disinterested in the game on television. I ate another piece of pizza, paying more attention to their conversation than what was happening on the football game. It didn't take a super-hero though to notice how Mom had inclined her body toward John, while he had turned toward her with his arm and elbow on the sofa cushion.

I bit my lip to keep from smiling to see the chemistry between them happening right in front of me. I took a third piece of pizza, very much enjoying the play-by-play between them, when their conversation turned to World of Warcraft.

First Mom queried about the set-up on the kitchen table. John responded with how he and I had been running through the game before she came home. It was when my Mom said, "That game really sounds fascinating", that I almost snorted a mouthful of beer through my nose trying to suppress a laugh.

Without taking her eyes from John, Mom backhanded my thigh painfully to stifle any further outbursts I might feel a need to make. Dear God, If I knew ANYTHING at all about my mother, it was that the game, World of Warcraft, fascinated her every bit as much as a root canal. In all the years I had played the game, my mere mention of it to her would cause her eyes to glaze over with boredom.

"It sounds like it would be a lot of fun," she said. "Do you think I would like to play it?"

"Oh, yeah, Mrs. Kirk, I KNOW you would. And I'd be happy to help you get started with it if you ever decided you wanted to learn how to play."

"I'd like that," said Mom with a smile. "And, if you wouldn't mind, would you please call me Leslie. Mrs. Kirk sounds too damn formal." She leaned in closer to John and lowered her voice a little, "Besides, I'm not really married anymore."

Between Mom using a sultry voice I had never heard her use before and flashing her legs in her little denim skirt, I began to think John's brain had turned to mush. The mere fact that Mom would have obviously come to me ages ago if she had been even the slightest interest in playing the game seemed to escape him.

And MOM? She was truly boggling my mind. I think I was seeing her in full-flirt mode for the first time in my life, and she was working it flawlessly. Most likely, she had long ago surmised that dressing flirtatiously and appealing to John's masculinity as a poor damsel in need of a man's help to learn how to play the game would have him mewling like a puppy and falling all over himself in his unbridled haste to help her out.

I smiled and shook my head. My God, was my gender that easily manipulated by feminine wiles? Had Mable done that to ME too? It was certainly interesting to contemplate.

"I can show you what the game is like right now if you'd like," said John. "I've got my laptop right there in the kitchen."

"Oh, would you?" Smiled Mom. "That would be wonderful."

John jumped up and sped into the kitchen to get his laptop. Mom turned to me and gave me a little smile. "I don't suppose you might have something to occupy your time elsewhere for a little while? After our little talk last night, I was thinking I might like to get to know John a little better."

I smiled and nodded, "Oh, I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to do." Mom returned my smile, taking my hand and bringing it to her lips for a kiss.

I stood as John returned with his laptop, "Hey, listen, Mable gave me a couple more names to call about setting up computer appointments, and I kinda want to make the calls before it gets too late. Are you guys okay to hang here for a bit while I go and do that?"

John beamed innocently. "Oh, yeah, go ahead. I'll just show her how it looks to play the game."

I gathered up my laptop and left the living room, looking back once I had climbed the short stairway to the split-level landing. I watched from my vantage point as John opened his laptop computer on the coffee table and brought up the game. Mom scooted up next to him, their thighs touching as she leaned forward toward the laptop screen. I smiled, knowing John must be going completely ape shit with mom's leg touching his, especially with her skirt halfway up her thighs.

John continued a running commentary about some of the better aspects of the game and walked her through creating a character and even beginning a quest. When she attempted to maneuver her newly created character with the mouse, she gasped, moving the mouse erratically.

"Oh, no," she cried, "help me, John."

I smiled to see John reach over and place his hand on top of hers to show her how to move the mouse and guide the character. "It just takes a little bit of practice that's all, Mrs...I mean, Leslie. Sorry...I'm just not used to calling you by your name like that."

"I like it when you call me by my name," said Mom, turning to look at him with a smile, "I hope you get used to saying it."

John smiled and they shared a look, "I like your name," he said, continuing to keep his hand on top of hers even though the onscreen character was not moving. "I think It's a very pretty name."

On that note, I rolled my eyes and made my way to my bedroom without either of them even glancing up. It looked, for all intents and purposes, like everything was going along very nicely with them and I was beginning to feel creeped out spying on my Mom's intimate setting.

Since I really had no phone calls at all to make, I opened my laptop and began watching a new episode of "The Santa Clarita Diet". Just as the thirty-minute episode was ending, there came a soft knock on my door.

"Hey," said John with a smile as he cracked open my door. "I'm gonna head out, my folks just called to let me know they were home and wondered where I was."

"Oh, okay," I said, pausing the program on my laptop. "Give me just a sec and I'll walk with you as far as the school." I was looking forward to picking his brains about how the evening had progressed with Mom.

"No, man...it's okay. Your Mom said she'd give me a ride," he said with a self-satisfied smile on his face and a wiggle of his eyebrows. He stepped into the room and we bumped fists. I smiled. She's driving him home. That certainly sounded promising. "Okay, man...I guess I'll see you tomorrow then," I said.

Moments later I heard the garage door opening and the sound of my Mom's car driving away. I resumed the program and before long was having a good laugh as zombie Drew Barrymore killed and ate her obnoxious neighbor. Just as the program ended, I heard the sound of the garage door opening to announce my Mom's return.