All Comments on 'Mage and Consort Pt. 04'

by rockchaser

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
ScottishTexanScottishTexan9 months ago

With a 2 year gap between Chapters 4 and 5, I'm afraid that I must start all over again from the beginning to refresh my memory. I know that I was really enjoying this tale before the long pause, but in all honesty I had given up on it and written it off as another "orphan" that would never be completed. This website has a plethora of those.

.

I'll abstain from voting for now since I need to reread from the beginning in order for me to establish a valid opinion. But just as a criticism, if you're going to write a series like this, please don't take a 2 year hiatus in the middle of it. Best wishes. -ST-

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Glad that Mage and Consort is back. You've built a fascinating world.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Decided to reread from the beginning. Fabulous storytelling. Very much looking forward to the next installment.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

My 2 cents

A great story. I have enjoyed reading it. 5 stars. I hope you continue with this story line. Thanks for your time and imagination.

ScottishTexanScottishTexan9 months ago

So, I made the decision to go all the way back to Chapter One and read from the beginning. There was, indeed, a lot of details in this story that I had forgotten with the passage of time. In the end, it was the correct thing to do.

Some of the gratuitous sex scenes where participants were swapping partners were not pleasant for me, but I suffered through them even so. The story was crafted around casual sex being the nexus of magic power, so it made sense even if I don't care for it.

For the end of this installment, you gave Kit to Melina. I think that he was her original choice when the girls were matched to their Consorts. Leo and Anya are also back together as they should be. So I get the feeling that this is probably a fully completed work from you at this point with possible spin-off stories in the future if you get inspired. You could have easily typed THE END as your final words. It would be fitting to stop here.

However, if you do add additional installments, I'm sure that I'll be happy to read them too. 5/5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userrockchaser@rockchaser
Update [12/30/2019]: Life intervened, and my writing slowed to a crawl. But things are picking up again. Finishing up a few shorter stories, and I'll upload them in the next week. Larger projects proceeding apace, but not near completion: * third book in "The Strangeness Withi...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES