All Comments on 'Maggie May - Jake Rivers'

by JakeRivers

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 16 years ago
Nice sense of reality!

Been done before but a good story is a good story.

Kudos - well done.

Adrian

PEATBOGPEATBOGover 16 years ago
Wonderful!!!!

Jake, this was a wonderful tale leading up to just the kind of happy ending that I love. They will, deservedly, live happily ever after. Thanks, Pete.

peggytwittypeggytwittyover 16 years ago
Very good period romance with a Xmas theme

You have done another good romance with, to me, a wonderful period mode to boot. You and DG do a great job with the Romance category but please don't forget to do other genres as you do that well also.<P>Thank you for the entertainment.<P>PT

DG HearDG Hearover 16 years ago
Hey Good Buddy!

You have another winner here. I can honestly say I don't know another writer who writes detail as well as you. Most readers probably don't know that the places you write about in your stories are real and the details are true.

Anyway, another fine story by a truly talented author.

Highest Regards.

DG Hear

DesertPirateDesertPirateover 16 years ago
Outstanding!

Once again you have transported me to a place that i can touch from your descriptions. A fine romantic tale and a real winner. Glad you are back and doing better with the knee. Take care and thanks for another winner.

northlandernorthlanderover 15 years ago
Definitely Not our Maggie May

Jake

Loved the story, but as the title says, definitely not our Maggie. Take it from a real scouser (born in Liverpool) the real Maggie May was not a nice person at all. Not only was she a prostitute, but she was also a thief. While she was entertaining her clients her partner would steal the clients clothing etc. In fact Maggie was caught actually pawning one clients effects. After her resulting trial, she was sentenced to transportation, I believe to Australia and in the words of the song, "she never walked down Lime Street any more"

Bob T

texcavemantexcavemanover 10 years ago
A Christmas Tale

That showed how the good in people can shine forth when it seems to have been lost.

TavadelphinTavadelphinover 10 years ago
Bright with hope

And happy with the tolerance most f us lack -

Nice -

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Very Nice Story

I enjoyed it a lot. The only problem I had with it was the ending. I mean, the story was rolling along, progressing nicely, and then,,,WHAM!!!. It was Over. Done. Fini! It felt like I just drove my truck into a concrete wall just to get it stopped. Oh well, there’ll be other stories, I guess.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A little bit on the old side but lovely

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous