All Comments on 'Magic Dress - Isis'

by SlightlyRude

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

to short

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Would love a magic dress

This series captures perfectly the quest for an article of clothing that could change circumstances, deep-rooted desire, leading to euphoria. It's like a subversive twist on stepping into the Twilight Zone, with every protagonist entering slightly different and unique but leaving a better person. Dressing up in something that fits well, coupled with the extra bells & whistles, can be transformative in itself, but the missing magical ingredient usually is elusive. We can only dream or wish on a star....

SomaSlaveSomaSlaveabout 4 years ago

A nice vignette...sexy and touching at the same time. Well done!

SlightlyRudeSlightlyRudeabout 4 years agoAuthor
Isis the Egyptian Goddess

Isis was a benevolent goddess widely worshipped outside Egypt, with temples in Roman Britain. I suppose the shop was on the site of one.

One of her roles was to help souls travel to the afterlife. The pentagram was the symbol of the afterlife, and the number 5 often appears in depictions of her. The numbers 3 and 7 were sacred and still considered lucky today. The statuette of the man with a big hat and funny beard was her husband Osiris, the judge of the dead.

The belief was that bad deeds added weight to the soul, whereas good ones lightened it. At the end it was weighed against an ostrich feather, and if too heavy was eaten by the demon Ammit. Otherwise the individual went on to their reward.

The weighing was done by Anubis, the statuette of a man with a jackal's head.

nothere90nothere90almost 4 years ago

I liked it but I wanted her to go on - not go on as die. But still was very good.

SlightlyRudeSlightlyRudealmost 4 years agoAuthor
Sad story

I really hesitated about having a sad story. Apologies if it upset anyone. But I sometimes appreciate one that makes me cry.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSlightlyRude@SlightlyRude
Stories with sex, not just sex stories. Mainly British English and culture. The Magic Dress series is intended to explore a variety of experiences, from the simple joy that many men get in female attire to more appreciation of life as a woman, even without sex, up to physica...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES