Magic is a Powerful Thing Ch. 01

Story Info
A young man discovers the secrets to true magic.
2k words
4.14
70.3k
59

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/04/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Magic is a powerful thing. At least that's what all the stories told me when I was growing up. From the old grimm fairy tales where witches would place curses and summon massive fire storms, to the Celtic tales of tricksters and forest fae, deceiving folk into giving up more than they bargained for. Nowadays, they are considered myths or legends and disregarded as mere folk tales. But they are wrong.

Magical energy exists. Its power is hidden and faint, but can still be found by those who know how. It builds in places of great emotion and death or where the wild still holds sway. Now these places are rarer than they used to be. Pollution, global warming, and the concrete jungles we live in have disrupted the places where natural magic once gathered.

The locations where magical energy gathers affect what type of magic it is suited for. For example, a volcano is a huge reservoir of natural magic. This magic will work best when used for destruction and fire rather than healing magic. On the other hand, graveyards work best for curses and other types of dark magic while hospitals can build up a small, yet potent power for healing.

Anyway, this is my story. The story of how a young man found the world of magic and began to train in its ways.

*****

Jacob winced as yet again his opponent "missed" the hard ball and ended up bruising his shins with the hard, wooden, shinty stick. Biting back the string of swear words dancing on the tip of his tongue and holding back the urge to do the same back to the bully he let the ball get carried away. His shins were already a mass of aches and bruises from similar strikes and the teacher was none the wiser. "Or they just didn't care," surfaced in the form of an unbidden thought to Jacob's mind as he limped over to the pitch side. The sardonic grin on the bully's face did little to hide his pride at making Jacob leave the pitch. Sighing, Jacob limped his way back to the dressing room, leaving his stick beside the store room to be put inside by the end of class.

On his way, Jacob considered the reason why he was bullied. He was neither tall nor short; fat nor thin. He wasn't especially smart, nor was he especially dumb. He was just normal and unimpressive. Maybe it was his attitude. He never liked violence. He just didn't have the temperament for it. Maybe that made him an easy target. "Or maybe it's just high school, " he thought grimly as he reached the changing room.

Jacob slowly began to get changed from his gym tee and joggers, to the school uniform of grey dress trousers: white, short sleeve shirt and his school tie. He took a look at his ankles, and noted the purple blotches that were beginning to appear along with some swelling, and silently cursed. This was going to make today a hassle. Putting his gym clothes back into his bag and spraying deodorant onto both the clothes in the bag and himself, he made his way out of the class and towards the toilet, where he could hide out away from teachers and his classmates before the bell rang in 10 minutes.

Jacob entered the men's room and sighed. The place was a mess, and he made sure not to put his bag on the floor directly by placing it on the cistern while he sat on the toilet seat. He was thinking about his next English class when he heard something move. Making sure the door was locked, Jacob lifted his feet to hide his presence and then listened silently. The movements of the newcomer were shuffling, and there was a hesitance about it. Then something shifted. It was like a filter on the world had changed and a deep pink glow seemed to come from outside Jacob's stall. A whispered voice murmured, too low for Jacob to make out what was said, but the glow grew stronger. Jacob could feel the energy crackling around him like static electricity and arousal began flowing through his body. It was rather intoxicating, causing him to want even more. He took a deep breath and began to feel more power flowing into him.

The voice stops as it realizes that the power it was channeling was being siphoned away. It then moves to the stall door, and with a steady kick. burst the door open, only to be met by Jacob humming with power and lust.

Jacob looks at the French exchange student and immediately sees through the disguise. Two months ago, Steven Patterson had run out of school after a bully had tricked him into eating a chocolate bar laced with a laxative, and then when the inevitable happened, had spread it around school. Two weeks later, Sven Pascal had started school on a French Exchange Programme. The transformation was startling. From a 5 foot 6 inch, overweight nerd with pasty skin and rotten acne all over his face, to a 5 foot 9, muscled, and heavily accented version of a school girl's fantasy, but now the illusion was like tissue paper to Jacob who saw the sweaty nerd under it all. Drunk on power, he shattered the illusion with a wave of his hand, making Steven flinch and then squeak in terror.

"Hello Steven. Nice illusion. Shame reality can't meet fantasy. Hmmm?" said Jacob, his voice influenced by the magic, causing it to have the quality of honey. Sweet, thick, and able to stick to almost anything. Steven moaned softly as the voice slipped into his mind and wouldn't let go.

"Steven, please tell me what you just did. I know you want to tell me so badly, don't you?" Jacob continued, seeing the effect as fear in Steven's eyes was replaced by a desire to follow the words stuck in his mind. No other thoughts could push the honeyed words out of the way as Steven's nasally voice began.

"I...I come from a long line of magic users, an...and I use magic to make me wanted by all the girls."

Jacob smiled at the nerd. Then a wicked idea clicked into his mind, so he leaned down to whisper into his ear.

"Aww. That's sweet, but don't you realise that you don't want to be a manly man, Steven?"

"I...I don't?" squeaked Steven the power of Jacob's voice now firmly in control.

"No Stephany. You want to be a pretty sissy girl, don't you?" Jacob asked with a dark grin and watched the war play out in Steven's eyes. His mind tried to rebel. Tried desperately to deny the words stuck in his mind. Jacob could almost see the war in Steven's body until suddenly his eyes rolled up into his head. He then shuddered, let loose a low moan, and a damp spot appeared on his crotch. The musk of cum filled the room as the nerd surrendered to Jacob's will.

When Steven's eyes came back down, they had lost any light inside them. Steven then replied in a false, girlie voice.

"I...I want to be a pretty sissy. I want to be Stephany."

Jacob grinned and whispered, "You must show me how to cast the illusion spell you used to become Sven, Stephany. Right?" to which Stephany nodded and began to tell Jacob how to do so. Soon afterwards, Jacob smiled and began to mold the person in front of him, like one would mold a sculpture: removing fat here, adding fat there,until at last he looked at his new and improved "friend".

Stephany was now 5 foot 5, with long, braided, black hair. A pair of large, circular, wire frames sat on her cute button nose, magnifying her large, sea green eyes. This also made her mouth look smaller, but cuter. The rest of her was extremely slim with long legs and arms and no extra weight, whatsoever. Jacob had also been able to produce clothing with Stephany's help, making Sven's old uniform into a simple, white shirt and tie in her size that still looked a little too large for her, a long, pleated skirt in the dark blue and green tartan which made the school's colours with a thin, feminine belt to hold it up. The once male socks became a pair of dark coloured tights and the stylish shoes became chunky, mary janes with a small platform and heel.

Jacob stood back and admired his handy work before feeling his power draining. He could feel the well he had tapped into was almost used up and so tried for two more spells. One was on Stephany. He whispered into her mind that she was a wallflower, painfully shy except with him, where all limitations were off. That took little power, but the last one was the challenge. He focused his remaining power, and impressed his will upon it. Soon, with a groan of pain, Jacob threw out the spell like the blast wave of an explosion that made all in the blast zone forget sven and remember Stephany as a transfer student in his place. The spell proved to be too much, causing Jacob to faint and smack his head into the toilet seat, knocking him out cold.

Later that day, Jacob woke up in the local hospital, and was crushed to near death by his concerned mother then subjected to a battery of tests by the doctors to check for brain damage. Jacob was soon diagnosed as having a mild concussion, and then was left alone afterward. Even his mom left once everything was ok and the doctors asked to keep him in overnight, just in case. It was just past 5 when he received a visitor.

She walked in, still in her school uniform, and refused to give Jacob eye contact until the nurse had left the room. Then she looked square into Jacob's eyes angrily.

"What did you do to me?" exclaimed stephany with a hiss not unlike a venomous snake.

"What do you mean?" asked Jacob, playing innocent.

"I know what you did. People can't call me anything but Stephany! Even I can't help but think of myself as Stephany! And I can't change back to normal either!" hissed Stephany again. Her hands shot out and grabbed Jacob by the scruff of his pj top and dragged him to her face. Jacob was surprised by the strength. His heart pounded in fear.

Then he felt it. The buzz... The aura... There was a small well. Just like the power in the bathroom at school. Only this one was softer, gentler. Reaching out and tapping into it, Jacob sent a wave of calm through Stephany. She let go as the power took her rage, and with a sigh, she sat down placidly beside Jacob. Her face had a dopey smile to it as Jacob leaned in close to her ear.

"Stephany, you should relax. You trust me and want to do anything I say. Don't you?"

Stephany nodded dreamily as jacob sees her legs part and her sex get revealed to any who looked at her. Jacob was surprised. Was this turning her on, he wondered to himself as he continued. He could already feel the well drying up and didn't want to faint like last time.

"Don't you just want to relax and trust me? After all, I am your friend and I will always look out for you."He could already feel tiredness sweeping over his body as he finished with his spell upon Stephany's mind.

"Now, why don't you wake up and thank me for making you who you wanted to be all along."

Jacob waited for Stephany to nod before letting go of her mind and of the well, being left with only a dribble in it. Jacob flopped back into bed and mopped the sweat from his brow. He felt like he had just run a marathon and needed to recover.

It was then that Stephany came back to her senses, and the changes to her mind kicked in. She turned to her friend and smiled a winning smile before hugging Jacob.

"Thank you for helping me be me." She was so happy her friend was looking out for her.

Jacob held her weakly and tried not to fall asleep. Tried and worn out he slowly asked, "Stephany. Can you tell me about magic?" to which Stephany giggled, sat back beside his bed, and began to explain.